SPG ranked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

SirGlorg #1 Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39603 battles
  • [_VOLE] _VOLE

Can anyone explain to me how do SPGs cut it into the ranked battles? Probably the safest mode ever to avoid that nonsense class, but no. There are 2 to 3 times the amount of players queuing for ranked in their SPGs, because of course you can't loose sevron. Bad battle? you don't care because you shoot tanks anyway every 40s certain damage. Really EPIC skills required in ranked battles really. How does this class even qualify and compare to all the other classes, where you need to position well, hide, have map awearness and know all the bits of the game to outplay others? This is so stupid it even HURTS to think of. 

Please somebody explain to me how this is possible... Who comes up with these ideas? What's the purpose of the ranked battles? I thought it was supposed to reward players who are better in the game....

Also, not just one but TWO PER BATTLE. WHY IS THAT NECESSARY? WHY TWO TIER X ARTIES? WHY! ?

Edited by SirGlorg, 28 March 2020 - 10:38 PM.

psychobear #2 Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20219 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

View PostSirGlorg, on 28 March 2020 - 11:36 PM, said:

Can anyone explain to me how do SPGs cut it into the ranked battles? Probably the safest mode ever to avoid that nonsense class, but no. There are 2 to 3 times the amount of players queuing for ranked in their SPGs, because of course you can't loose sevron. Bad battle? you don't care because you shoot tanks anyway every 40s certain damage. Really EPIC skills required in ranked battles really. How does this class even qualify and compare to all the other classes, where you need to position well, hide, have map awearness and know all the bits of the game to outplay others? This is so stupid it even HURTS to think of this. 

Please somebody explain to me how is this possible... Who comes up with these ideas? What's the purpose of the ranked battles? I thought it was supposed to reward players who are better in the game....

It's cheat mode, what do you expect? Of course there'll be a lot of "players" flocking around in that pathetic class, easy ranks won. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 28 March 2020 - 11:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36967 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
If you're struggling with ranked you can always play an SPG yourself of course. :) 

Spurtung #4 Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:38 AM

General

• Player
  • 80685 battles
If it was that easy, you'd see all 4 in top positions. Show a single replay where that happens.

FrantisekBascovansky #5 Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42462 battles
LOL SPGs are pretty much useless in rankeds.

Grouchy_DEER #6 Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:41 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22358 battles
There is a pattern in ranked games. Many of the matches have at least an EBR and two artys. You will make fun of me but artys are preventing game from being stuck when there are four chiefs looking each other on both teams. I dont' play arty but it is what it is.

Edited by Grouchy_DEER, 29 March 2020 - 12:45 AM.

ArtyAndWheels #7 Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 264 battles

View PostSirGlorg, on 28 March 2020 - 10:36 PM, said:

Also, not just one but TWO PER BATTLE. WHY IS THAT NECESSARY? WHY TWO TIER X ARTIES? WHY! ?

agree. Disgusting. There should be at least 5 per team

00:25 Added after 1 minute

View Postpsychobear, on 28 March 2020 - 10:38 PM, said:

It's cheat mode, what do you expect? Of course there'll be a lot of "players" flocking around in that pathetic class, easy ranks won. 

what cheat? you are talking nonsense

NekoPuffer_PPP #8 Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:49 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36600 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
A class almost entirely based on RNG mechanics has no place in a competitive environment. Agreed.

Pathethicc_Noob #9 Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38952 battles
If you are a bot and unable to play any other vehicle not even in first few ranks then you pick arty, and feel that you are actually good player because with some luck you will click somebody in paper tank or HE pen roofs, ... Also, you can play rankeds as you need only one hand for clicking, and at the same time you can make yourself good with other hand.

Suurpolskija #10 Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24656 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI
Oh no. Did they ruin your Chieftain's perfect hulldown? :/ 

Artywhine of the day, yay! :arta:

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #11 Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23901 battles

View PostSirGlorg, on 28 March 2020 - 09:36 PM, said:

Can anyone explain to me how do SPGs cut it into the ranked battles? Probably the safest mode ever to avoid that nonsense class, but no. There are 2 to 3 times the amount of players queuing for ranked in their SPGs, because of course you can't loose sevron. Bad battle? you don't care because you shoot tanks anyway every 40s certain damage. Really EPIC skills required in ranked battles really. How does this class even qualify and compare to all the other classes, where you need to position well, hide, have map awearness and know all the bits of the game to outplay others? This is so stupid it even HURTS to think of. 

Please somebody explain to me how this is possible... Who comes up with these ideas? What's the purpose of the ranked battles? I thought it was supposed to reward players who are better in the game....

Show us on the toytank, where did the bad arty touch your camping heavy tank?

tajj7 #12 Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29543 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Former clan mate has been playing it in ranked after he got annoyed with the mode, says its the easiest thing ever to progress, especially with the role XP. All you need to do is click into the brawl a few times and you'll pretty much never lose a chevron and always gain one on a win because of the amount of role XP you get for stun assistance. 

He also says despite it being so easy to play (both in ranked and generally) people still manage to be terrible in it, like aiming at the wrong spots, not relocating, and getting caught out when a flank opens up.

He was not progressing that well in normal tanks because of the way you have to 'play' the system, i.e be pretty passive, expect your team mates to not help ever etc. but he switched to arty and progressed easily. 

I mean it is kind of dumb that in a mode that is supposed to be about personal skill, people get to play the class that really needs very little skill at all and has next to no risk. It would be like having a chess tournament but allowing some players to play and progress with noughts and crosses instead. 

Spurtung #13 Posted 29 March 2020 - 08:41 AM

General

• Player
  • 80685 battles

View Posttajj7, on 29 March 2020 - 06:57 AM, said:

Former clan mate has been playing it in ranked after he got annoyed with the mode, says its the easiest thing ever to progress, especially with the role XP. All you need to do is click into the brawl a few times and you'll pretty much never lose a chevron and always gain one on a win because of the amount of role XP you get for stun assistance. 

He also says despite it being so easy to play (both in ranked and generally) people still manage to be terrible in it, like aiming at the wrong spots, not relocating, and getting caught out when a flank opens up.

He was not progressing that well in normal tanks because of the way you have to 'play' the system, i.e be pretty passive, expect your team mates to not help ever etc. but he switched to arty and progressed easily. 

I mean it is kind of dumb that in a mode that is supposed to be about personal skill, people get to play the class that really needs very little skill at all and has next to no risk. It would be like having a chess tournament but allowing some players to play and progress with noughts and crosses instead. 

So, which one is it?

If it's easy, but people manage to be bad at it, what do you call that?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #14 Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:05 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36967 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostSpurtung, on 29 March 2020 - 08:41 AM, said:

So, which one is it?

It's both. Don't forget, arty is a useless no skill class and doesn't help the team in any way, basically a waste of a tank slot on the team.... Unless they're on the enemy team and then arty is suddenly a game changing paradigm, defining the way the battle can be played as it effectively deals with threats other classes can't.

It's the arty dichotomy. 

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #15 Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23901 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 29 March 2020 - 08:05 AM, said:

It's both. Don't forget, arty is a useless no skill class and doesn't help the team in any way, basically a waste of a tank slot on the team.... Unless they're on the enemy team and then arty is suddenly a game changing paradigm, defining the way the battle can be played as it effectively deals with threats other classes can't.

It's the arty dichotomy. 

Yeah, you again with your "no skill" class. It requires skill which is different than playing other tanks. And moving in arty is as important as in any class if you want to be in good position.

tajj7 #16 Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29543 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSpurtung, on 29 March 2020 - 07:41 AM, said:

Plain stupidity, something that is very common in WOT's playerbase. 

There are loads of games that are easy to play and don't require much skill at all, but many people still somehow do poorly at. 

I'd also reckon a lot of it is down to complacency/laziness, the class is so easy people literally tab out during reloads and don't pay much attention. 

09:11 Added after 1 minute

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 29 March 2020 - 08:45 AM, said:

Yeah, you again with your "no skill" class. It requires skill which is different than playing other tanks. And moving in arty is as important as in any class if you want to be in good position.

No it requires a much smaller skill set, that is under far less pressure and risk. And moving is far less important than other classes, hence why most people don't bother, doesn't mean that moving can't help, but you could still easily contribute to a game from literally where you spawn not using the keyboard at all. 

Edited by tajj7, 29 March 2020 - 10:11 AM.

1ucky #17 Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:19 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 92226 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

Don't be ridiculous, you know as well as everyone else what happens in Ranked:

#LemmingTrain + #EBR105

You think that's fun for arty?

Get real.

If it was true that playing arty never loses chevrons, I'd be sitting in Gold League by now. Together with thousands of superbad players who also have arty, of course.

Try thinking a bit harder than that.

Edited by 1ucky, 29 March 2020 - 10:20 AM.

doriansky1 #18 Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:31 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40500 battles
  • [BARRY] BARRY

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 29 March 2020 - 09:45 AM, said:

It requires skill which is different than playing other tanks.

Please elaborate about the skill(s) you are referring to.

psychobear #19 Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:52 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 20219 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

Artillery ruins the game, be it ranked, randoms, frontline or whatever.

No game mode needs the cheat mode.

Suurpolskija #20 Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24656 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

I played my CGC in some ranked episode maybe a year ago. My experience of it was:

Pretty easy to get Top10 
Pretty hard to get Top3, especially when losing. 

But yeah, it's a fun environment to play arty. There's a lot of big stacks of tanks in the areas that are important and you can literally hit 4-5 tanks every shot. Also you get to bomb the most toxic tanks with a toxic tank and never feel bad about it so it's kind of a win/win. 

I think a good player will do better if he has a meta tank (907, chief or 279e) but an average like me is better off with an arty. 

Also tagged with SPG, ranked

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users