26 replies to this topic

1ucky #21 Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 92226 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View PostSpurtung, on 29 March 2020 - 08:41 AM, said:

So, which one is it?

If it's easy, but people manage to be bad at it, what do you call that?

You're asking a guy who doesn't play arty himself, he has no idea what he's talking about.

1ucky #22 Posted 29 March 2020 - 04:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 92226 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 29 March 2020 - 09:05 AM, said:

It's both. Don't forget, arty is a useless no skill class and doesn't help the team in any way, basically a waste of a tank slot on the team.... Unless they're on the enemy team and then arty is suddenly a game changing paradigm, defining the way the battle can be played as it effectively deals with threats other classes can't.

It's the arty dichotomy. 

Aka matter of perspective/bias.

Aka skill ceiling being way higher than people generally give it credit for. (Which admittedly doesn't have to be insanely high in order for this assertion to be true, since people generally say that arty is scum.)

If it doesn't feel good having it in Ranked, then maybe lower the max number to one SPG per team, that might help... Try to find a balance instead of perpetually hating.

#SuggestionsToWG

Edited by 1ucky, 29 March 2020 - 05:41 PM.

Spurtung #23 Posted 29 March 2020 - 04:15 PM

General

• Player
  • 80615 battles

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 29 March 2020 - 08:45 AM, said:

Yeah, you again with your "no skill" class. It requires skill which is different than playing other tanks. And moving in arty is as important as in any class if you want to be in good position.

View Post1ucky, on 29 March 2020 - 03:10 PM, said:

Aka matter of perspective/bias.

Aka skill ceiling being way higher than people generally give it credit for. (Which admittedly doesn't have to be insanely high in order for this assertion to be true, since people generally say it's pure scum.)

If it doesn't feel good having it in Ranked, then maybe lower the max number to one SPG per team, that might help... Try to find a balance instead of perpetually hating.

#SuggestionsToWG

It was a very easily identifiable case of what some people refer to as "sarcasm" yet you both missed it. Go back to his post and read it under that light, I hope you get to see it next time around.

1ucky #24 Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 92226 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View PostSpurtung, on 29 March 2020 - 04:15 PM, said:

It was a very easily identifiable case of what some people refer to as "sarcasm" yet you both missed it. Go back to his post and read it under that light, I hope you get to see it next time around.

I didn't miss it, I even referenced it directly and succinctly (for a change...) in my first sentence:

"... matter of perspective/bias."

How would you miss that? :)

#RespectiveDichotomyInANutshell

Edited by 1ucky, 29 March 2020 - 05:51 PM.

SirGlorg #25 Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39582 battles
  • [_VOLE] _VOLE

View PostGrouchy_DEER, on 28 March 2020 - 11:41 PM, said:

There is a pattern in ranked games. Many of the matches have at least an EBR and two artys. You will make fun of me but artys are preventing game from being stuck when there are four chiefs looking each other on both teams. I dont' play arty but it is what it is.

And that's the reason why there are 2 of them? Hitting for 400 almost certain damage? I got hit in ranked in a chieftain for 1400 dmg yesterday. How's that fair? And the game WAS NOT STUCK. There were 8 tanks on each side fighting a ridge and I was progressing with my HP farm quite well (there were chieftains on both sides). But I got hit. Randomly. There was literally NO OTHER PLAY TO MAKE, I could stand in the back and weaken my team of one tank. I just HAD TO play in the front. Or please someone smart explain to me what I should have done differently. Tell me what was the "right play" in that situation to avoid being one-shot for 1400dmg. This is actually ridiculous. If anything the arties do THE OPPOSITE, they force people to avoid active gameplay because in such case you risk taking this damage, and there's just no way around that if you want to be active. I don't believe in this point and if so, then I'd understand a SINGLE artillery in the game, just to slap players for staying in place. But THIS? This is just pure nonsense... Nobody profits from this. Just a minute ago I outplayed 3 tanks, but I ended up with 40hp. So GUESS WHAT HAPPENED? surprise surprise this [edited]of a mechanics doesn't care about me staying behind a 20m rock. They just hit the ground10m from me because someoone thought that a tier X artillery was a good idea. So much for your "locked chieftainss". This is so obviously wrong, it's physically painful having to even explain this to other people. How are there anyone not seeing this? How?

17:08 Added after 11 minute

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 29 March 2020 - 06:47 AM, said:

Show us on the toytank, where did the bad arty touch your camping heavy tank?

Very relevant and valuable input. Thank you. It's great that this forum has you to spam the topics with no actual content. Well done.

Edited by SirGlorg, 29 March 2020 - 06:14 PM.

Spurtung #26 Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:48 PM

General

• Player
  • 80615 battles

View PostSirGlorg, on 29 March 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

I got hit in ranked in a chieftain for 1400 dmg yesterday.

Desyatnik_Pansy #27 Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:50 PM

Bartender

• 19414 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Honestly I'm kinda surprised this one slipped under the radar long enough for me to wake up and see it. :P

Y'know the drill with SPG Threads and all. I do sympathise with the problem, but if we let threads slide just based on personal opinion, well that'd just be weird. Therefore I'm junking the thread and pointing you to that one place we don't dare go:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/649198-the-big-spg-discussion-thread/

Also tagged with SPG, ranked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users