Jump to content


Restricting Reward Tanks

Restricting Reward Tanks Ranked Battles

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SlyMeerkat #1 Posted 30 March 2020 - 12:44 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20372 battles
  • 3,754
  • [OOUUF] OOUUF
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013

I hear they are considering putting a restriction on reward tanks being able to take part in ranked battles and if this is true, what is your opinion on this?

 

I personally think it's a good idea, i mean i am no tier 10 player by any means (unless in clan where it's fun and with people who have brains and work together as a team) but it's a WIP to improve on in random battles however in ranked, it's one of the reasons i stayed away because it was getting tedious playing and to keep seeing these tanks of which half the players who don't have these tanks and don't know how to pen or not even good enough for them end up getting pushed away due to its unfair advantage..... Keeping it to tech tree only i think would be a good move and would certainly bring more interest from me to start playing it again.

 

I have a Chieftain, 907 and working on getting the 260 and 279 (not one to focus on missions, hence why im slacking) and have played a few battles in them both randoms and ranked but didn't enjoy it at all as i rather not be apart of the problem so for most part, i keep it to clan stuff only if i can help it..... I am fully aware that i could be wrong about the whole mindset i have here and i'm no lazy tanker if i can say that due to me liking to look at tanksgg and actually learning where to shoot and such but sadly half or more of the player base don't bother or cba to do that.



xx984 #2 Posted 30 March 2020 - 12:57 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 68576 battles
  • 4,085
  • [T1LT] T1LT
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

I mean no, Overall its a bad idea.

 

The problem tanks are 279 and Chieftain. 

 

So then why restrict tanks like the M60, 121B, VK 72 01K, 907, 260 and so on which are no better/worse than their tech tree counter parts? 

 

I guess the VK is better than the Pz VII, but thats not because the VK is overpowered, thats because the Pz VII is HEAVILY underpowered



SlyMeerkat #3 Posted 30 March 2020 - 01:35 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20372 battles
  • 3,754
  • [OOUUF] OOUUF
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013

View Postxx984, on 30 March 2020 - 11:57 AM, said:

I mean no, Overall its a bad idea.

 

The problem tanks are 279 and Chieftain. 

 

So then why restrict tanks like the M60, 121B, VK 72 01K, 907, 260 and so on which are no better/worse than their tech tree counter parts? 

 

I guess the VK is better than the Pz VII, but thats not because the VK is overpowered, thats because the Pz VII is HEAVILY underpowered

Yeah i can agree with that



_cro_magnon #4 Posted 30 March 2020 - 02:04 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 35838 battles
  • 3,046
  • [EL_SQ] EL_SQ
  • Member since:
    10-21-2012

Instead of doing what is equivalent of flex tape meme to ranked, how about we nerf the broken crap in game? Take a look at LTs for example. Is there a reason to bring any LTs besides EBR?



SlyMeerkat #5 Posted 30 March 2020 - 03:23 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20372 battles
  • 3,754
  • [OOUUF] OOUUF
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013

View Post_cro_magnon, on 30 March 2020 - 01:04 PM, said:

Instead of doing what is equivalent of flex tape meme to ranked, how about we nerf the broken crap in game? Take a look at LTs for example. Is there a reason to bring any LTs besides EBR?

Im not a fan of EBRs, i used to like playing lights but not anymore since they came in and yes i have done the line for clan purposes but did not at all enjoy it knowing how they have killed normal lights off and makes me sad



Aimatrear #6 Posted 30 March 2020 - 03:54 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 50539 battles
  • 40
  • [5PDD] 5PDD
  • Member since:
    08-08-2011

I will never consider playing Ranked, when reward tanks are in the game mode.

Use the tech three tanks, and only " Normal consumables", then the playing field is right, and all can enjoy the Ranked.



SlyMeerkat #7 Posted 31 March 2020 - 11:24 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20372 battles
  • 3,754
  • [OOUUF] OOUUF
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013

View PostAimatrear, on 30 March 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

I will never consider playing Ranked, when reward tanks are in the game mode.

Use the tech three tanks, and only " Normal consumables", then the playing field is right, and all can enjoy the Ranked.

agreed



coyob #8 Posted 01 April 2020 - 04:58 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8758 battles
  • 20
  • Member since:
    09-10-2016

907 no better than tech tree tanks ? How about you go to tanks gg and do your homework.


Problems:

#1 - Chieftain, EBR and Artilery are always top 3. ALWAYS.
#2 - The fact that EBR + 2 SPGs are in every single game make people go crazy. Random battles are more sane than Ranked battles.
#3 - The fact that Artilery can sit there the whole game and farm points up to the point they're the last alive, while others work on spots, peek, watch flanks, risk their credits in many many ways, is disgusting. They almost never lose points. Got hit by arty for 1274, WHILE on the run. There's something wrong with this picture.
#4 - 279(e) is overpowering, yes, but thank got people who play them most of the time dont know how to use them, otherwise these tanks would probably be more OP than Chieftains.

This season's ranked battles are absolutely crazy. There is nothing you can do in-game. Nothing: 
 #1 You try to play positionally, smart. EBR rushes anywhere they please. Spots everything, team gets pounded endlessly.
 #2 You try to kill the EBR. So you double-bush. Then you cannot hit the damn thing, it's too fast to track through double bushes. So again, he spots everyone, everybody dies.
 #3 You then try to kill the EBR from the bush, but not double bushing, so you risk being spotted. You hit an amazing shot on it across the map - wheel blown off, or even better - bounce (!?). Now you're spotted and have to run, but here comes 2x artilery, CHIEFTAIN's super accurate rounds that would make Grille and Strv ashamed. Overmatches any armor you have, not to mention they shoot gold 24/7.
 #4 I'm tired of bouncing 300 mm of pen shells on chieftain's back/back-turret. What is that armor ? They're allowed to destroy games, annoy people and otherwise make people go bald because they play some puny Clan Wars, that are not even fun ? Can we change certain priorities here ?

So here is a suggestion:

 - after Ranked battles end, compensate everyone with the highest reward of the division they managed to reach;

 - nerf EBRs already. If I hit an amazing shot on that p.o.s. I want to be rewarded, not to hear "suspension hit";
 - dont let reward tanks compete in Ranked battles. Let the game mode be pure;

 - why cannot there a game mode without artilery ? Try it, one season - Ranked without arty. 
 

 


Edited by coyob, 01 April 2020 - 05:05 PM.


_HeZeR_is_BeAsT_ #9 Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:14 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 18952 battles
  • 69
  • [DAILY] DAILY
  • Member since:
    02-18-2013

View Postcoyob, on 01 April 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

907 no better than tech tree tanks ? How about you go to tanks gg and do your homework.


Problems:

#1 - Chieftain, EBR and Artilery are always top 3. ALWAYS.
#2 - The fact that EBR + 2 SPGs are in every single game make people go crazy. Random battles are more sane than Ranked battles.
#3 - The fact that Artilery can sit there the whole game and farm points up to the point they're the last alive, while others work on spots, peek, watch flanks, risk their credits in many many ways, is disgusting. They almost never lose points. Got hit by arty for 1274, WHILE on the run. There's something wrong with this picture.
#4 - 279(e) is overpowering, yes, but thank got people who play them most of the time dont know how to use them, otherwise these tanks would probably be more OP than Chieftains.

This season's ranked battles are absolutely crazy. There is nothing you can do in-game. Nothing: 
 #1 You try to play positionally, smart. EBR rushes anywhere they please. Spots everything, team gets pounded endlessly.
 #2 You try to kill the EBR. So you double-bush. Then you cannot hit the damn thing, it's too fast to track through double bushes. So again, he spots everyone, everybody dies.
 #3 You then try to kill the EBR from the bush, but not double bushing, so you risk being spotted. You hit an amazing shot on it across the map - wheel blown off, or even better - bounce (!?). Now you're spotted and have to run, but here comes 2x artilery, CHIEFTAIN's super accurate rounds that would make Grille and Strv ashamed. Overmatches any armor you have, not to mention they shoot gold 24/7.
 #4 I'm tired of bouncing 300 mm of pen shells on chieftain's back/back-turret. What is that armor ? They're allowed to destroy games, annoy people and otherwise make people go bald because they play some puny Clan Wars, that are not even fun ? Can we change certain priorities here ?

So here is a suggestion:

 - after Ranked battles end, compensate everyone with the highest reward of the division they managed to reach;

 - nerf EBRs already. If I hit an amazing shot on that p.o.s. I want to be rewarded, not to hear "suspension hit";
 - dont let reward tanks compete in Ranked battles. Let the game mode be pure;

 - why cannot there a game mode without artilery ? Try it, one season - Ranked without arty. 
 

 

Absolutly agree, but I have some disagrees with that post:

1) Chief isn't problem in this meta... why?

-  Chief have just ,,shellproof,, turret Yeterday E100, 277 and one more tank pen me to rightside of turret by Heat 1by1 without non-pen

-  I'll play better game with 277 than Chief

- There aren't too much players in chief on public

- Bcs we have EBR all arties counter Chief (chief have +/- 0mm armour on the top of turret so arties give u minimaly 700+)

2) EBR is real bad perimeter but (I said it on stream... if great player play EBR this player will play amazing battle in every tank T100LT in passive bush) If the bad player play EBR he can't drive, turning the ebr, swimming etc xD

3) I wanna that mod without arties too

- For me is the biggest stupid thing in game Arties

- If u stay right bot from redline just click and give u 500 and stun

-and u can kill him only if u ave ebr and u'll rush it just for that clown (arty)



Gruff_ #10 Posted 02 April 2020 - 05:14 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 25362 battles
  • 2,389
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011

If they balanced certain tanks better in the first place eg @tier 10 chieftan, 907, 279 ,ebr, then @tier 8 you have progetto, defender  ,prem ebr in comparison to tech tree tanks.  

 

Again we are left with an imbalance in one mode because of problems with tank balancing at the source, so sort out those problems first and it won't mess up any game mode that follows.  Nerfs are long overdue to many tanks, we cant just keep powercreeping everything and also releasing some OP tanks without consequence, all the people funding WG with buying progettos and Defender are part of the problem by giving in and rewarding WG for these decisions.







Also tagged with Restricting, Reward, Tanks, Ranked, Battles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users