34 replies to this topic

Dwigt #1 Posted 01 April 2020 - 12:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 1338 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

POPULAR

Hello everyone,

I know this is probably off topic but since most of us are stuck at home wondering what to do, I told myself, it's probably the right time to get to know you, maybe share some fun stories, tell us how you got into the game and what were you best WoT moments.

You all already know that I'm new to World of Tanks and I'm still discovering the game mechanics and the WoT Community.

I've been told that a lot of our players organize clan gatherings, meet at WoT events, probably a lot of you have already met in real life, so I need to hear from you!

If nostalgia would hit you hard, what memorable memories would you tell or show to a newcomer, to a friend or to a person stuck at home? It could be a community held event, a WoT gathering or something personal that you've gained from WoT, a group picture at Tankfest or a clan reunion video... Anything that would make me look forward to!

To pick 3 memories right of the top of my head, I would say:

- Meeting the CM team, and boy I can tell you most of them can drive a tank in real life. 

- My first Ace tanker on the T34-85M.

Spoiler

- When we realized that the Black Market guy was selling the SU76G-FT on a Friday evening! (Please don't discuss it or else I'm going to have terrible flashbacks).

I'm going to keep the conversation pinned in the upcoming days and maybe move it to another section later.

Looking forward to this friendly discussion and feel free to invite other players to participate in this discussion!

Forcellrus #2 Posted 01 April 2020 - 03:36 PM

Sergeant

• 16629 battles
  • [DSCRD] DSCRD
  • My first tier X tank:
    Spoiler

• My first 3rd mark of excellence: 
    Spoiler

• Becoming a Discord partner for World of Tanks server (17 October 2017)

• Becoming a Community Contributor (23 December 2017)

Dava_117 #3 Posted 01 April 2020 - 04:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• 24226 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

How I started to play WoT is quite a funny story. I was basically getting home from university and met a friend of mine at the train station. He started to talk about the last game he was in, saying I would surely like it. He self invited to my home and installed WoT. 

Later that evening I started to play, I liked the concept and kept playing, even when my friend gave up.

My 3 best memory? 

1) Getting 3MoE on the T-150, in a really nice game as bottom tier. I was really proud for that.

2) When I started my first topic on the forum. It was a proposal of rebalance for the KV-4. I was still quite new to the forum and was really happy when it got UrQuan approval. :)

It also was the point when I started to actually feel myself as part of the WoT comunity.

3) When I joined the Dingers. It took me some time, but in the end I recognized my noobness and got me a home in the best clan in game, the only one where forum post count is better evaluate than WN8 or WR. ;)

_Carpaccio_ #4 Posted 01 April 2020 - 04:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38844 battles

*Thinking*

Top 3 memories, probably

1. My first 3 marked tank - Tiger II

2. First Pool's medal I got about a month ago with Skoda T50

3. My XP record I made with Mutz, in battle that was just insane and I still don't know how I managed it.

+ 1. When I read about "upcoming" girls crew voices. japanese, italian and british are the best :girl:

Then when I started playing WoT actively, and started learning all the game mechanics, maps, ... properly, struggling in battles after trying "copy" plays in videos I saw (easier said than done right, or for WoT easier to watch unicorn, harder to play it yourself :D  ), but getting slowly better and better, to my current level. Old battle where I responded to guy calling us tomatoes: hey I am almost yellow.

Now some bad memories - when I got to 94,5 % gun marks on Black Prince like 3 times, and everytime I got there, then I always had "luck" for streak of bottom tier battles, or several large maps in a row where BP simply could not even reach position before it was over of major fights. This is like dark humour.

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 01 April 2020 - 04:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25337 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

1. Years ago,while playing in clan wars with OAP one evening and doing a landing, WG that afternoon changed the rules so the land holder had to win to keep their land.....a draw would no longer do. The other team set themselves up in a very defensive position.

We did nothing....just waited, while they called us 'chickens', 'cowards' and other assorted names....from this we guessed that they didn't know of the rule change. We were having great craic in the chat.

With two minutes to go, our FC(great accent from South Africa, made for giving orders:hiding:) informed them of the latest rule change.....of course they didn't believe him and just threw more insults.

Then the timer went to 15 and the lost their land.......it was quite hilarious at the time.

2. The time I blagged my way into a top clan called HARDS, a sub of HARD, that had some ex-OAP members.

They even tested me, by taking me into a platoon to see how I played. I choose my M6A2E1 for the toon....and they laughed. But for once all the stars aligned for this one game and 5 kills and 4,000 damage...and I was sent an invite. I was found out soon enough but they let me stay anyway for the craic and during CW the FC(he was great) would micro-manage me by shouting(I was a last resort). :trollface: 

It was great fun and at one time held 11 pieces of land. I think the FC had a nervous breakdown from the pressure.

3. Joining the Dingers loaded with forumites.....jeez....the craic with those guys and gals, you'd laugh your way through every evening. Good times!

Desyatnik_Pansy #6 Posted 01 April 2020 - 06:20 PM

Bartender

• 19402 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDwigt, on 01 April 2020 - 12:27 PM, said:

I've been told that a lot of our players organize clan gatherings, meet at WoT events, probably a lot of you have already met in real life, so I need to hear from you!

If nostalgia would hit you hard, what memorable memories would you tell or show to a newcomer, to a friend or to a person stuck at home? It could be a community held event, a WoT gathering or something personal that you've gained from WoT, a group picture at Tankfest or a clan reunion video... Anything that would make me look forward to!

Well I haven't done even one of those bold points (ok maybe one technically, which was Duck Hunt organised by IronShinobi way back when). Does seeing the back of Jogga's head at the one Tankfest I went to count? :trollface:

On a more serious note, if I had to go with three things:

1: The creation of the Forum Bar. I still remember actually asking iScending (the main mod dude at the time) for permission to make the thread! The community formed because of it; even if a lot of folks have slowly disappeared over the years as they move on from WoT; is 10/10 And has led to a number of things, even if the thread has slowed down nowadays thanks to stuff like Discord being just better for the casual banter. Posting a link to it honestly reminded me I should probably edit the actual OP For the first time in a long while.

2: This one is technically a twofer. The main focus definitely has to be on my Forumites Christmas Skin Special, starting in 2016 (and oh how far we've come from there!). Within the community I think this stands out far more and is basically a community event. However I guess at the same time I have to include my actual introduction to modding in general which eventually led to it. I learned how to modify camouflage patterns through Milkym4n's (now Mirukii) old camouflage pack, though what led me to actually try editing them is beyond me. From there I created my own camos and at the urging of Barumites such as TankSchmidt, I created my first public mod; the Custom Camouflage pack. From there I then stepped into reskinning and created my Bronze Green British tank skins, and would from there learn how to make tanks Gold/Silver and create the Christmas Special.

Later down the road I even began remodelling thanks to Mirukii and TheFalkonett, though I have since stopped remodelling well over a year ago (and no longer have the programs to continue anyway). I haven't left the modding scene and still support one active mod of my own, as well as still being part of a small modding Discord channel with even some modders from over the pond (that is to say, the NA Server). All of that stemmed from me roughly just realising I could edit .dds files in Paint.NET. You start small don't you? :teethhappy:

3: Honestly, I'm surprisingly kinda lacking for a third. Or well, something that I'd consider as memorable as the two above. I could go with something like the brief time I was in the Dingers, or how the O In GLO Stands for "Pansy is awesome", but I'm favouring a specific battle instead. Of all the "Hero" medals and whatnot I've achieved, I think this still stands out the most. Achieving a Kolobanov's and a Pool's in the mighty TOG II, now that's just.. something. It's funny too because it's both a game that I don't think I played that well on (I mean.. you'll see) and is from the rare time I had XVM And had actually concluded the game a likely loss if I tried to push forward anyway (not the winchance though, it was more me basing it on the shown stats of the enemy Mediums). It's one of the rare replays of mine actually on YouTube thanks to lordchipmonk, since among the many things WoT Has led me into luckily I've avoided ever trying to get into YouTube or anything. 

I guess that works. 

tvih #7 Posted 01 April 2020 - 06:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12741 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

1. Teaming up with my brother for one of the competitive challenges back in the day (Sept 2011). It was the "platoon of 2" category, goal was to get as many kills as possible, I think over best three matches or something? We were in T-34s, and placed second in the category and won ourselves some gold and a metal mouse pad (that I still haven't used at all, hah!).

2. Fighting tooth and nail to stay on the CW map for as long as possible. Eventually we got kicked out, but had a good run. Heck, even got two of the CW reward tanks that I then didn't even remember I had (and hadn't driven the other at all) now that I returned to the game.

3. Maybe my 12-kill battle with ISU-152? I got the last kill with the last shell I believe, but for some reason didn't get the medal for it. In general so many medals (and Ace Tankers) not gotten because they weren't implemented at the time, my poor e-peen :P 

NekoPuffer_PPP #8 Posted 01 April 2020 - 06:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36491 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

My best achievement in this game was when I received the Tiger 131 from the "Tiger Safari" event, by placing 2nd(?) overall highest xp earned in a single battle during the event. I'm proud of that.

At one point, back when I had my old name "Tankyouverymuch2", I was "featured" in a Best Replays of the Week video, where I killed the main hero featured in the battle, resulting in one of the biggest heartbreaks I've ever seen, and a win for me and my platoonmates. Dude was at over 11k damage dealt. I don't feel bad. :trollface: (I'll try to find the video...might take a while...)

Found it!

The most recent fun moment actually happened today; I saw two wheelies driving along together, so I shot them with my arty, dealing 1000 damage in total. They were crippled, so my team killed them quickly after. Then is the best part - which you can see in my signature - the allied EBR called me an "arta god". :D

My first tier 10 tank...was an SPG, the T92. My first actual tier 10 tank was the Obj. 260, earned with blood, sweat and tears... My first (and only, so far) 3-marked tank is my beloved Sherman Jumbo with the derp gun.

I discovered WoT through an ad (of all places...), also, my first 2 years of WoT were played at 15fps on my mom's laptop...then I got my own rig.

Edited by NekoPuffer_PPP, 01 April 2020 - 06:55 PM.

TheDrownedApe #9 Posted 02 April 2020 - 06:57 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 52936 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

WoT has become my love/hate game of my life. If I could go back 7 years i would not have let my lad persuade me to play it. Well he is now 19, not playing it (infact he only managed 1k games) and mocks me weekly for still playing it. The reliance on 14 others, at times, frustrates me beyond normal levels but alas that's the game.,

So my most memorable moments?

1. First Pool's medal - OBJ 140 in all TX game and I begged my toon mate to let me kill the 215b for the 10th kill.

2. Windstorm GP. Some of you will know but most will not, most fun to be had on a friday/sat evening

3. Being in IDEAL. Hey I'm 45 and mixing it with the epeen elite of the game. Seriously though this community goes far beyond WoT and is a place that I will forever be a part of.

jabster #10 Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12836 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 02 April 2020 - 05:57 AM, said:

WoT has become my love/hate game of my life. If I could go back 7 years i would not have let my lad persuade me to play it. Well he is now 19, not playing it (infact he only managed 1k games) and mocks me weekly for still playing it. The reliance on 14 others, at times, frustrates me beyond normal levels but alas that's the game.,

So my most memorable moments?

1. First Pool's medal - OBJ 140 in all TX game and I begged my toon mate to let me kill the 215b for the 10th kill.

2. Windstorm GP. Some of you will know but most will not, most fun to be had on a friday/sat evening

3. Being in IDEAL. Hey I'm 45 and mixing it with the epeen elite of the game. Seriously though this community goes far beyond WoT and is a place that I will forever be a part of.

If he mocks you for playing WoT, mock him by pointing out how much it now costs to buy a house that isn’t a rabbit hutch.

Cobra6 #11 Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16624 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I started playing back when I was still in university , I actually read an article on PC Gamer I think about this game called World of Tanks and that is was in Closed-Beta, so I went to the website and applied.

Shortly afterwards I got accepted, downloaded the game and took my loltractor out on Erlenberg. Remember driving up the hill near the mill and seeing people fight in town. Don't think I ever crossed the field to go have a look but saw an enemy Panzer II coming my way so I ran away behind the hill.

He came over and obviously killed me, so that was my first match, enjoying the scenery and getting killed :D

Afterwards I sent my brother and a friend an email with the game link, they got accepted as well into the beta and we've played for years. Sadly they left around 2014, then came back in 2018 and left again shortly afterwards. They've had their fill of WoT and are still annoyed by the same problems that were present in this game years ago.

Managed to get all the way up to the Tiger II and Panther during closed beta and play roughly 8000-8500 matches or so, didn't care much for the Soviet tree although I did get the IS.

From joining onwards I also have been very active on the forums ever since, it's a really nice place to hang out and chat actually and had some really cool, funny and interesting conversations, meme's and drama over the years. Best community I've been part of I think.

My Top 3 for best memories are the following:

1) Getting featured on Best Replays of the Week in my CDC (Found it! My match starts around 3:40). Never did get the special BRW camo though :(

Spoiler

2) Getting the 3rd Mark on the Panzer V/IV before it was in the Black Market, back then one of the harder marks on the server as the requirements were very high and only unicums were playing it pretty much.

Spoiler

3) Playing this game, and being part of this nice community, for pretty much 10 years now which is quite a long time I'd say!

3a) Playing this game shortly after it left beta and all matches were filled with Beta Shermans, Pz5/4's and Mutants for the first day or two, a lot of fun!

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 02 April 2020 - 01:45 PM.

splash_time #12 Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:47 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16487 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The way I joined WoT...well, I was watching YouTube and I watched a video of "WoT funny moments" and I liked it, then downloaded it. :hiding:

And about my top 3 memories:

1. Getting the Ace and the 2nd MoE of my first lovely T10, I mean E100, I was really happy when I got those two. :D
  2. When was a new player (while being "get gudder" :trollface:), and I got the first place by XP with my Tiger II, it was a beautiful moment, but sadly, wasn't enough for an Ace.
  3. Joining T-D-U and adding you to our clan are my newest memories. :D

Edited by splash_time, 02 April 2020 - 10:51 AM.

Pansenmann #13 Posted 02 April 2020 - 12:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38066 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

So many memories...

joined back in 2012 after a friend talked me into trying that game,

finally, after half a year :)

We platooned a lot and then I discovered the AMX 40 and it was over...

joined the "french lobby" (a bunch of german players) and enjoyed the "company battles" mode a lot at tier 4.

we all met at gamescom 2013

where, after drinking too much Kolsch I gotten that bonus code card for Type 59 from Victor Kisly at 4am.

(I sincerely hope no pictures were taken as everyone was hopelessly drunk) :hiding:

and then I met the dingers and forum post count skyrocketed,

as did the goldspam.

oh, and I still remember the three games where I got that "Pools" medal. :medal:  

Element6 #14 Posted 02 April 2020 - 01:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33475 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

1. Getting Fadin's on Grille SPG in encounter on Erlenberg, waaaay back. Last surviving enemy was capping and I drove in an eliminated him from the battle in TD mode.

2. First and only Pool's in IS-M on Himmelsdorf

3. Joining Dingers

Getting clicked and rekt by Darth_Clicker on Lakeville, and YOLO'ing Circonflexes and dying to his St. Emil gun on Airfield (he was last surviving enemy so we had won anyway) were good candidates, but didn't make it into the top 3.

Jumping_Turtle #15 Posted 02 April 2020 - 01:35 PM

General

• Player
  • 74419 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

Ohh this is fun:

Ingame:

Started playing this when a friend of mine told me about it. I have been playing online games with him since early 2000 so another friend and myself joined the ranks. We are all still in the clan we started soon after and play a few times each week in a platoon while laughing on Teamspeak.

Of course made all the rookie mistakes everyone makes and spend a ton of money on the game, but still have no regrets about that.

A few times a year we meet for a bbq or a museum visit or just a few beers.

I have done all three goals I have set myself in this game. 1250WN8 and 51% winrate and research every tank in the game.

Have to say the current game has become a lot less fun for me personally with the disbanding of Teambattles and the introduction of the Anonimizer. Took away a lot of the fun I had in the game. I still play it, but it has become worse and the final straw for me might even be the new crew rework.

After a few years with the first referral program I made a 2nd acount and got myself that free tier 8 T95E2. With that acount I joined the Dingers (TDU) and that was one of the best choices I made ingame.

Teambattles were the highlight of the week and I had never had such fun in an online game as with the Dinger Teambattles.

We also have a Dinger whatssapp group where we share a bit more than just ingame news. A lot of them become real good friends.

Last year Eric and Undutchable organized a Dinger beer afternoon/evening in The Hague were Dingers from The Netherlands came for some beers and to finally meet eachother in person. YPR even travelled three hours by train to get there.

And than Tankfest arrived last year. I thought it would be fun to meet as many Forumites as possible so I asked the forum gods permission to start a topic and they allowed it so we started planning how and where to meet.

Dingers will be Dingers so at one point my phone rang and I heard some English accent I had never heard before and it took me a while to figure out tht it was Wsatnutter who was calling from England telling me there should be a Dinger dinner party and beer evening. In the meantime Joggaman was doing his legendary stuff and made us all tshirts. Dont know exactly how much players I met at Tankfest but it worked out pretty well.

Didnt knew that many Wargaming staff at the time, but ran into Eekeeboo and Ecchidna within 10 minuts of me arriving at Bovington and we had a nice talk. Later I went to try out this game called World of Tanks with Jumpmaster and had some trouble logging in but some nice bloke from WG came and helped me out. When he saw my nickname he smiled and showed us his accescard that said Vuque. Another one met.

The planned dinnermeeting with Eekeeboo & Co had some trouble with the planning so we held a meeting at the tankmuseum where we handed him his Dinger Mascotte Tshirt and had some Golden Drinks with him and _Sael

Wonderfull few days with the Dingers there in England.

So when typing this I realized that the game itself hasnt improved much for me personally and it doesnt look like it will get better and sme things removed or added I just plain hate. But the out of the game friends I have made and also this forum still keeps me going and am having lots of fun with. Still made some new ingame goals for myself, but thats about it.

But the fun in CNUT and The Dingers make up for a lot of bad things that Wargaming does to this game.

Dwigt #16 Posted 02 April 2020 - 06:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 1338 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDava_117, on 01 April 2020 - 03:02 PM, said

3) When I joined the Dingers. It took me some time, but in the end I recognized my noobness and got me a home in the best clan in game, the only one where forum post count is better evaluate than WN8 or WR. ;)

I think every Dinger remembers the day and how he joined the clan:teethhappy:
I still have my "Dinger application" saved on my desktop.

View Post_Carpaccio_, on 01 April 2020 - 03:17 PM, said:

Then when I started playing WoT actively, and started learning all the game mechanics, maps, ... properly, struggling in battles after trying "copy" plays in videos I saw (easier said than done right, or for WoT easier to watch unicorn, harder to play it yourself :D  ), but getting slowly better and better, to my current level. Old battle where I responded to guy calling us tomatoes: hey I am almost yellow.

I can relate! :D If he can do it I can do it! But that's how you learn and improve right?

As long as you enjoy the game then no need to worry much about stats. 

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 01 April 2020 - 05:20 PM, said:

Well I haven't done even one of those bold points (ok maybe one technically, which was Duck Hunt organised by IronShinobi way back when). Does seeing the back of Jogga's head at the one Tankfest I went to count? :trollface:

On a more serious note, if I had to go with three things:

1: The creation of the Forum Bar. I still remember actually asking iScending (the main mod dude at the time) for permission to make the thread! The community formed because of it; even if a lot of folks have slowly disappeared over the years as they move on from WoT; is 10/10 And has led to a number of things, even if the thread has slowed down nowadays thanks to stuff like Discord being just better for the casual banter. Posting a link to it honestly reminded me I should probably edit the actual OP For the first time in a long while.

2: This one is technically a twofer. The main focus definitely has to be on my Forumites Christmas Skin Special, starting in 2016 (and oh how far we've come from there!). Within the community I think this stands out far more and is basically a community event. However I guess at the same time I have to include my actual introduction to modding in general which eventually led to it. I learned how to modify camouflage patterns through Milkym4n's (now Mirukii) old camouflage pack, though what led me to actually try editing them is beyond me. From there I created my own camos and at the urging of Barumites such as TankSchmidt, I created my first public mod; the Custom Camouflage pack. From there I then stepped into reskinning and created my Bronze Green British tank skins, and would from there learn how to make tanks Gold/Silver and create the Christmas Special.

Later down the road I even began remodelling thanks to Mirukii and TheFalkonett, though I have since stopped remodelling well over a year ago (and no longer have the programs to continue anyway). I haven't left the modding scene and still support one active mod of my own, as well as still being part of a small modding Discord channel with even some modders from over the pond (that is to say, the NA Server). All of that stemmed from me roughly just realising I could edit .dds files in Paint.NET. You start small don't you? :teethhappy:

3: Honestly, I'm surprisingly kinda lacking for a third. Or well, something that I'd consider as memorable as the two above. I could go with something like the brief time I was in the Dingers, or how the O In GLO Stands for "Pansy is awesome", but I'm favouring a specific battle instead. Of all the "Hero" medals and whatnot I've achieved, I think this still stands out the most. Achieving a Kolobanov's and a Pool's in the mighty TOG II, now that's just.. something. It's funny too because it's both a game that I don't think I played that well on (I mean.. you'll see) and is from the rare time I had XVM And had actually concluded the game a likely loss if I tried to push forward anyway (not the winchance though, it was more me basing it on the shown stats of the enemy Mediums). It's one of the rare replays of mine actually on YouTube thanks to lordchipmonk, since among the many things WoT Has led me into luckily I've avoided ever trying to get into YouTube or anything. 

I guess that works. 

Now I get the "Bartender" thing :teethhappy: and wow! I didn't know that bar existed! 6 years and still going nice keep it up

Indeed, that's the way to play the TOG II. gz

View Posttvih, on 01 April 2020 - 05:26 PM, said:

1. Teaming up with my brother for one of the competitive challenges back in the day (Sept 2011). It was the "platoon of 2" category, goal was to get as many kills as possible, I think over best three matches or something? We were in T-34s, and placed second in the category and won ourselves some gold and a metal mouse pad (that I still haven't used at all, hah!).

That's cool! A nice collector's piece to own :medal:

I don't know if we still have them!

Do you still team up with your brother? Or do you go to Tank/WoT events?

View PostCobra6, on 02 April 2020 - 07:58 AM, said:

I started playing back when I was still in university , I actually read an article on PC Gamer I think about this game called World of Tanks and that is was in Closed-Beta, so I went to the website and applied.

Shortly afterwards I got accepted, downloaded the game and took my loltractor out on Erlenberg. Remember driving up the hill near the mill and seeing people fight in town. Don't think I ever crossed the field to go have a look but saw an enemy Panzer II coming my way so I ran away behind the hill.

He came over and obviously killed me, so that was my first match, enjoying the scenery and getting killed :D

Afterwards I sent my brother and a friend an email with the game link, they got accepted as well into the beta and we've played for years. Sadly they left around 2014, then came back in 2018 and left again shortly afterwards. They've had their fill of WoT and are still annoyed by the same problems that were present in this game years ago.

Managed to get all the way up to the Tiger II and Panther during closed beta and play roughly 8000-8500 matches or so, didn't care much for the Soviet tree although I did get the IS.

From joining onwards I also have been very active on the forums ever since, it's a really nice place to hang out and chat actually and had some really cool, funny and interesting conversations, meme's and drama over the years. Best community I've been part of I think.

My Top 3 for best memories are the following:

1) Getting featured on Best Replays of the Week in my CDC (Found it! My match starts around 3:40). Never did get the special BRW camo though :(

Spoiler

2) Getting the 3rd Mark on the Panzer V/IV before it was in the Black Market, back then one of the harder marks on the server as the requirements were very high and only unicums were playing it pretty much.

Spoiler

3) Playing this game, and being part of this nice community, for pretty much 10 years now which is quite a long time I'd say!

3a) Playing this game shortly after it left beta and all matches were filled with Beta Shermans, Pz5/4's and Mutants for the first day or two, a lot of fun!

Cobra 6

Nice! You're a WoT Veteran :honoring:

I agree with what you said on the forum and the WoT community. I honestly go during my spare time on the forum just to see read some funny posts! Most of them are from The Dingers :trollface:. But it's nice to see passionate and committed players. 

Thanks for staying active on the forums and in game!

View PostPansenmann, on 02 April 2020 - 11:32 AM, said:

So many memories...

we all met at gamescom 2013

where, after drinking too much Kolsch I gotten that bonus code card for Type 59 from Victor Kisly at 4am.

(I sincerely hope no pictures were taken as everyone was hopelessly drunk) :hiding:

That's the way to get your Type 59! Like a boss :B

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 02 April 2020 - 12:35 PM, said:

Ohh this is fun:

We also have a Dinger whatssapp group where we share a bit more than just ingame news. A lot of them become real good friends.

Last year Eric and Undutchable organized a Dinger beer afternoon/evening in The Hague were Dingers from The Netherlands came for some beers and to finally meet eachother in person. YPR even travelled three hours by train to get there.

And than Tankfest arrived last year. I thought it would be fun to meet as many Forumites as possible so I asked the forum gods permission to start a topic and they allowed it so we started planning how and where to meet.

Dingers will be Dingers so at one point my phone rang and I heard some English accent I had never heard before and it took me a while to figure out tht it was Wsatnutter who was calling from England telling me there should be a Dinger dinner party and beer evening. In the meantime Joggaman was doing his legendary stuff and made us all tshirts. Dont know exactly how much players I met at Tankfest but it worked out pretty well.

Didnt knew that many Wargaming staff at the time, but ran into Eekeeboo and Ecchidna within 10 minuts of me arriving at Bovington and we had a nice talk. Later I went to try out this game called World of Tanks with Jumpmaster and had some trouble logging in but some nice bloke from WG came and helped me out. When he saw my nickname he smiled and showed us his accescard that said Vuque. Another one met.

The planned dinnermeeting with Eekeeboo & Co had some trouble with the planning so we held a meeting at the tankmuseum where we handed him his Dinger Mascotte Tshirt and had some Golden Drinks with him and _Sael

Wonderfull few days with the Dingers there in England.

So when typing this I realized that the game itself hasnt improved much for me personally and it doesnt look like it will get better and sme things removed or added I just plain hate. But the out of the game friends I have made and also this forum still keeps me going and am having lots of fun with. Still made some new ingame goals for myself, but thats about it.

But the fun in CNUT and The Dingers make up for a lot of bad things that Wargaming does to this game.

First of all thank you for sharing "all" your memories with us! It's great that you guys meet up and create those relationships beyond the game.

I'm really looking forward to Tankfest (if it's going to happen). It shows that you had an awesome day at tankfest. Also, like the tshirts (credits to Joggaman).

And finally, to each one of you, thank you for sharing your stories, memories and for staying around after all these years. It was fun and interesting going through them all and let's hope we get more of them soon!

Stay safe and take care :honoring:

Joggaman #17 Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26186 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Ok, best memories:

• In game:

SU-26 lifestyle and my 12 kills SU-26 battle. When patch 8.6 was announced with the removal of the SU-26 fun factor (the ammo), I had played about 300 battles in that SPG and loved every bit of it.

After reading the patchnotes and finally understanding that this would ruin my favorite at the time, I went on a 1200 battles rampage in SU-26, no other tank played between battles (as I was usually the last one to die anyway):izmena:

One of those battles was this one:

• On forums (and game of course):

Joining up with the Dingers 2197 days ago! Best decision I ever made. It is my happy place, with many great players (no, I don't mean only statwise) and even greater personalities! 

For The Dingers 5 year anniversary I made a collection of all the fish in our recruitment-thread, and boy, that was a trip down memory lane!:)

The book got printed in 5 copies, now spread across europe from Latvia to GB.

Here is a digital copy: https://www.fotoknudsen.no/vis-digital-fotobok/cfee23df-b06d-4f5c-b6fc-b3c78954945d

Also, being able to create recruitment-posters, and signatures for all the Dinger forum bots gives me great pleasure.

Atleast when they seem happy with what they get. I even made one for you, Dwigt. Shame you are not allowed to use it:B

• In real life:

Had the pleasure of meeting quite a few Dingers and wannabe-Dingers (looking at you wsat...) at a couple of Tankfests, and need to visit Rusty's basement and have some texmex with Sabresteel every time Im in London. It is indeed the best social gaming community I have ever been in! Was hoping to make even more friends this year, but now we will have to see what happens with the pandemic situation..

I guess thats it for now.

Good luck/have fun

Edit: What size are you Dwigt (in t-shirt)? :B

Edited by Joggaman, 02 April 2020 - 08:57 PM.

rustysprite #18 Posted 03 April 2020 - 11:53 AM

Major

• Player
  • 24029 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

At my age remembering anything more than 5 minutes ago is a challenge …. ask my wife  :mellow:

A few years back we had a new lodger from Lithuania move into our annexe apartment (some might call it my basement of seaweedtude :ohmy:)

Anyway, he had a fantastic PC setup and was playing an interesting game on it..... yep that was the moment WOT hooked me

Started playing alone for quite a while, then got chatting with a guy in game one day called Tomkrist. He then invited me to a toon channel where I then met Path64... OMG my gut still hurts from laughing at Path :teethhappy:

A few weeks later Path PM's me and says he has joined a brand new clan called WJDE and that I should join quick before it gets full up..... so I did....before I know it I am the boss's assistant :medal:

Best thing I ever did, not just for a game but also for the whole social aspect. 

Too many people over the years to mention that I have enjoyed talking to, tooning with or Duct taping to a chair in my basement.... but top of the list is Joggaman…  without Jogga the clan would not be THE DINGERS  ;)

feel that the DINGERS are the best thing that have ever happened for this game and particularly for this forum.

Just think how bad this place would be without us :B

Edited by rustysprite, 03 April 2020 - 11:54 AM.

splash_time #19 Posted 03 April 2020 - 12:50 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16487 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Spoiler
Spoiler

It was a pleasure indeed to join the Dingers, especially knowing these awesome and cool gentlemen. :)

Never made a choice better than this in my WoT's gaming experience, and i'll never regret it. ;)

_Kalbo_ #20 Posted 03 April 2020 - 04:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 49664 battles
  • [ARNIE] ARNIE

Being the first 1 to play a battle in the Type 59G on the EU server..... well maybe I wasn’t but still in the top 100 for sure...

getting 8 kills in the legendary KV1S (when it was OP) and still tasted defeat... it was not a regular occurrence back then...

Grinding to my first tier 10 (E100) free XP to the big gun and firing the first shot...yes it bounced probably off an IS7...some things just don’t change

making a decision to only play tanks I do well in a majority of the time....and yes this really works!

my one and only Pools Medal in a tier 5 heavy VK bla bla bla....before I realized WOT replays was around

Edited by _Kalbo_, 03 April 2020 - 04:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users