Jump to content


Upvote system

Up Down

  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

SovietBias #1 Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:55 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40691 battles
  • 1,990
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013

So it seems the old upvote and downvote system has returned..

 

Some questions, assuming this isn't just an April 1st joke: 

 

Why can you upvote and downvote your own posts?

Why can't you change your vote if you accidentally upvote/downvote someone?

Why can't you see who did what ?

 

Is this just some bug or aren't these features planned at all?



mynameispuffs #2 Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:58 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 27858 battles
  • 5,687
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    02-29-2012

I believe this is just part of April 1st, although so much of me wishes it wasn't. 

 

As for the rest, I'm sure someone else can enlighten you. 



The_Naa #3 Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:14 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 11587 battles
  • 2,308
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

seeing who upvoted could be nice because then you can see who agrees with you and thats like a +1 to friendship.

but seeing who downvoted your post is like -1 to friendship.

:P

personally i dont care who disagrees with me, there are plenty of people who do so in sertain matters while Still i can find few places with them where i agree.

i only take note of the positive encounters, not the negative ones.



Stig_Stigma #4 Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:34 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23469 battles
  • 632
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR
  • Member since:
    09-16-2015

View PostThe_Naa, on 01 April 2020 - 02:14 PM, said:

seeing who upvoted could be nice because then you can see who agrees with you and thats like a +1 to friendship.

but seeing who downvoted your post is like -1 to friendship.

:P

personally i dont care who disagrees with me, there are plenty of people who do so in sertain matters while Still i can find few places with them where i agree.

i only take note of the positive encounters, not the negative ones.

 

-1

 

Hahahaaa



Doug_DeMuro #5 Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:38 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35078 battles
  • 4,230
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

Now I need to find the KING TIGER NEEDS BUFF thread so I can neg-rep IH8MEDS again... oh the joys.

 

EDIT: found it: Can we just remove the Tiger 2 from the tech tree already, please?!


Edited by Doug_DeMuro, 01 April 2020 - 02:39 PM.


The_Naa #6 Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:41 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 11587 battles
  • 2,308
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostStig_Stigma, on 01 April 2020 - 02:34 PM, said:

 

-1

 

Hahahaaa


+1

 

Hohohoo.

 

also i can already see how this is horrible. if i post something to someone specific like in the ''which forum member have you seen'' thread and my post has an upvote i dont know who upvoted it. did the person i see up vote it or not? anonymizer takes over the forums.com



8126Jakobsson #7 Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:50 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 85454 battles
  • 6,310
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostSovietBias, on 01 April 2020 - 01:55 PM, said:

Why can you upvote and downvote your own posts?

 

I don't know but I blame Jabster. 



Jumping_Turtle #8 Posted 01 April 2020 - 06:42 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 74583 battles
  • 8,808
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

So now we can not see that QPRanger has liked a post anymore.

 

This is a real sad day for the forum ...



Private_Miros #9 Posted 01 April 2020 - 06:52 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28919 battles
  • 11,330
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

It was a sad day for the forums when the upvote and downvote system was abolished.

 

The ragers and criers cried too much about their negative reputation - because of course it was the team's/RNG's/conspiracy's fault. But the reputation points were extremely indicative of the behaviour and helpfulness of the user.



Mr_Burrows #10 Posted 01 April 2020 - 06:53 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 52205 battles
  • 2,630
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 01 April 2020 - 02:50 PM, said:

 

I don't know but I blame Jabster. 

 

I downvoted you for that, but upvoted myself as I feel Jabster would never do it. Then someone downvoted me for upvoting my own post, so now I am on neutral. 



Jin91 #11 Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:06 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3095 battles
  • 362
  • Member since:
    12-29-2018
I dislike it. Now i can't see when Simona likes my comments

Edited by Jin91, 01 April 2020 - 07:10 PM.


LethalWalou #12 Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:15 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 35446 battles
  • 3,232
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 01 April 2020 - 05:52 PM, said:

It was a sad day for the forums when the upvote and downvote system was abolished.

 

The ragers and criers cried too much about their negative reputation - because of course it was the team's/RNG's/conspiracy's fault. But the reputation points were extremely indicative of the behaviour and helpfulness of the user.

 

The reputation system wouldn't fit or work here nowadays anyways. You would get unlimited positive votes for just bashing and insulting WG on the announcement (or in Gameplay) threads and downvoted if you actually say anything against that. Pretty much how Twitch chats, or any echo chamber really works. It might've worked in past to some extent but definitely not now. You can see even old forumites turn to the same bashing and insulting and already liking each others' posts.


Edited by LethalWalou, 01 April 2020 - 07:16 PM.


Bulldog_Drummond #13 Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:15 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35829 battles
  • 11,946
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 01 April 2020 - 05:52 PM, said:

It was a sad day for the forums when the upvote and downvote system was abolished.

 

The ragers and criers cried too much about their negative reputation - because of course it was the team's/RNG's/conspiracy's fault. But the reputation points were extremely indicative of the behaviour and helpfulness of the user.

 

This is true, so very true

I averaged about 100 downvotes on every post and they were well-deserved

There was some degree of competition among the grognards to see who could get the most


Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 01 April 2020 - 07:17 PM.


G01ngToxicCommand0 #14 Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37465 battles
  • 871
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011

View PostSovietBias, on 01 April 2020 - 01:55 PM, said:

So it seems the old upvote and downvote system has returned..

 

Some questions, assuming this isn't just an April 1st joke: 

 

Why can you upvote and downvote your own posts?

Why can't you change your vote if you accidentally upvote/downvote someone?

Why can't you see who did what ?

 

Is this just some bug or aren't these features planned at all?


Neg voting only to confirm that it is now possible to farm neg reps again:trollface:

 



NekoPuffer_PPP #15 Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:49 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 36650 battles
  • 5,149
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostSovietBias, on 01 April 2020 - 01:55 PM, said:

Why can you downvote your own posts?

 

Finally, a way to express the disappointment in oneself.


Edited by NekoPuffer_PPP, 01 April 2020 - 08:51 PM.


Bulldog_Drummond #16 Posted 01 April 2020 - 10:35 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35829 battles
  • 11,946
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 01 April 2020 - 07:49 PM, said:

 

Finally, a way to express the disappointment in oneself.

 

Fowler's category of Sardonic, I think

 

The Etymology of “Humor” – Useless Etymology



FataL_ShadowZ #17 Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:41 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15231 battles
  • 589
  • Member since:
    01-19-2018
Meh, I much prefer the like system, the anonymity of this vote system is just gash. Does this vote system make the notifications button redundant?

Homer_J #18 Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:08 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33872 battles
  • 38,229
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

I didn't like it when they removed it and now I don;t like that they have returned it.

 

Was hoping it would be gone when I woke up.



SovietBias #19 Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:10 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40691 battles
  • 1,990
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013

View PostFataL_ShadowZ, on 02 April 2020 - 08:41 AM, said:

Meh, I much prefer the like system, the anonymity of this vote system is just gash. Does this vote system make the notifications button redundant?

 

At the moment there are no notifications for upvotes/downvotes. 

 

Though you can configure the notifications to let you know when someone quotes your post, so it's not useless.



jabster #20 Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:17 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12848 battles
  • 27,702
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostHomer_J, on 02 April 2020 - 09:08 AM, said:

I didn't like it when they removed it and now I don;t like that they have returned it.

 

Was hoping it would be gone when I woke up.


It’s not like WG to change something but forget to mention it.







Also tagged with Up, Down

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users