Matchmaking Reporting Chat

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

PadawanUK #1 Posted 02 April 2020 - 12:34 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 4371 battles

Hi Guys,

This is a kind of rant but more of a search for like minded individuals. I've played this game since Beta, but still only having around 3000 battles and play very infrequently so still consider myself a noob.

I'm mid 30's and have played online games since I was 13 so im not a noob to the whole online envoronment and have played on a competitive level in my younger years including championships and ranked League games. Speaking of which I have played League of Legends on and off for a LONG while so I know what a toxic environment is meant to look like.

All this said, I am also a World of Warships player so this question is posted on both sections with the same interest.

Do any of you guys (serious players/Mods etc) actually take the complaints/reports and general [sorry for the language] Bullsht seriously?

I can prety much guarentee than in any game there is at least one request for a report to be made against another player, an accusation of a bot/ cheat and the pinging, OH MY GOD THE PINGING!

I have gone past the days of playing in groups of people, partially as im not a clan player and partially because of the diversity of games makes it difficult but for the love of casuals!

I'll back this up with examples.

Somebody sits on a flank on their own as the rest of the team goes lemming, thats a team issue as far as im concerned. It happens...... realistically, 4 out of 10 games on a normal day. And im a casual so i'll assume my numbers are biased based on my teirs and hours of play. 

Somebody dies alone as they extend too far, scout ahead, try to cap alone or dont wait for help. The nearest player is a noob, a bot. useless gets reported. Or in some cases, the player them selves is a useless noob, gets repoted etc. its honestly 50/50. But whats worse the whole game HAS GOT TO BE INVOLVED!

You died. Somebody else dies.. I get it, they're a kill up, were a flank down, whatever.. Do I medically, statigically, or most importantly give a crap about your opinion on that players worth to the community? No!

Its almost a guarentee that this is instantly upon player death. I've seen numerous games go for half of the game time with nothing but chip damage, occasional ping etc. then suddenly somebody dies and it begins. "Noob Team, good lose, You all suck, Bot team, OMG NO SUPPORT" and so on, and so on.

Worse is when they're still alive! so may times i've seen people killed seconds before or after a message in chat is popped up. now unless you have your daily rants on a keybind this is problably why you died.... play the game. Go rant at your cats or gamer wife. Its what I do.

Inevitably what happens here is they die and its more frequent.

In all of the above situations I shut off. I ignore pings, I stop watching chat. I call it rising above, Sadly in a team game I also consider this a loss of a communication method.

So ultimately, a question. Is this all taken seriously?

Do you guys actually report people on the basis of somebodys death? because some keyboard warrior dies or watched a missplay from somebody who didnt do what he would have done in their situation?

Are reports of "poor player, AFK" simply because they died, misplayed taken seriously?

Im not aware of this game using an ELO style matchmaking where the more reports the more restricted your matchmaking etc so why bother? is this just a  rage gamers way of venting?  

I've played Tanks a Lot more over the last few weeks since this Corona rubbish has "isolated me" at home and cant help but notice the toxicity in every game. As a casual it doesnt get to me, Fortunately it is VERY infrequently aimed at me, so basically I just dont get it.

Thanks for reading, As an Imgurian, have some cat tax!

Padawan.

Attached Files

• Attached File   516.jpg   52.28K

Edited by PadawanUK, 02 April 2020 - 12:34 AM.

TheJ4ckal #2 Posted 02 April 2020 - 01:13 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5555 battles

You are a grown up, just ignore the twats and silence them in chat.

You get kids (real and mental age) in all online games. This game does seem to breed more than most though because they all think they are better than skill4ltu (inser alternative YouTube streamer) and are entitled because of the money they spent.

A lot of them tend to frequent the forums too so just keep your interactions to a minimum and enjoy the great game it is.

Dont get caught up in the race to Tier X and play the tanks you enjoy getting a few bonuses along the way. Its much more fun.

PadawanUK #3 Posted 02 April 2020 - 03:30 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 4371 battles

I just don't understand the mentality of these people. I feel I'm accepting being a filthy casual.

Speaking of ignoring. How does one mute individuals? Block ping spammers etc

Edited by PadawanUK, 02 April 2020 - 03:31 AM.

Kooallu #4 Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48506 battles

View PostPadawanUK, on 02 April 2020 - 04:30 AM, said:

I just don't understand the mentality of these people. I feel I'm accepting being a filthy casual.

K7UFxzv.jpg

Von_Pruss #5 Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:30 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8077 battles
It evolved to a kind of sport of supposedly kids and teens to wish each other cancer etc. When you hear their voices, e.g. through the voice chat, they usually sound like Mickey Mouse. Do not take this personally, it is just a way of behaving online nowadays. It is horrible, but you will never change it. There are many psychos out there. Dying in the first minute, then coaching the team and blaming them for a loss. People who block you on purpose, so you cannot retreat back to cover. Usually I always wait for the first general insult after the battle started. You can kind of set a stop watch for it to happen. Take it with a smile. They will be over it someday and it must be kind of hard to grow up with all these lunatic internet influences plus the fact you can treat other people you want, because you are anonymous. And fake people acting as role models. It is like might. People do not change when they get might. They simply show their real faces. That shows with how much cowardry you have to deal in this world. Out here in the real life, it is no diffrence. But in reality people wear their masks. So at least you know what you are dealing with in the world of tanks, whatever you might encounter.

Papyke #6 Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2706 battles

Good morning !

yup. I am also a noob. I enjoy the game (i am a lifetime gamer on pc and consoles) like most games i play. 
got a few ‘insults’ thrown at my head after a game, such as ‘lousy camper’ , ‘ poor noob, go away’ and of course - as i am polite and well educated, i respond in very polite terms such as ‘please respect learning of new players’ and then the chat evolves into insults (things about your mother,sister or family). I don’t care, i played enough games to know there always be such morons.

is there a way to report those people who really cross the line? And secondly is there a follow-up at WG?

woolfie #7 Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 51786 battles

On the team-lists in battle you can right-click on a players name then a list of options will appear including options to block a player for that one battle, to add a player to your blacklist permanently, and various other options to report a player.

You can also send screenshots or battle replays to WG support if you feel it is needed.

Homer_J #8 Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:32 AM

Field Marshal

• 33937 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPadawanUK, on 02 April 2020 - 02:30 AM, said:

As above you can block individual players for the battle and that blocks their ping spam.  I prefer to use a mod like this which gives me control over how many times my fellow players can ping.  It saves me having three people blocked before the countdown has finished, who knows they may have something useful to say in the next 15 minutes.

As for requests to report, I usually report the person making the request for inappropriate behaviour in chat.  IMO mass reporting is an abuse of the report system and one of the reasons it is not as effective as it could be.

Dramya #9 Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17892 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View PostPadawanUK, on 02 April 2020 - 01:34 AM, said:

Go rant at your cats or gamer wife. Its what I do.

Save this mans cats, be more polite!

woolfie #10 Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 51786 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 02 April 2020 - 10:32 AM, said:

As for requests to report, I usually report the person making the request for inappropriate behaviour in chat.  IMO mass reporting is an abuse of the report system and one of the reasons it is not as effective as it could be.

Same here. I've had quite a few battles lately where a player on my team was asking everyone to report the enemy (usually arty) just because the enemy shot him.

PadawanUK #11 Posted 03 April 2020 - 05:59 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 4371 battles
Thanks for the advice guys, I did not realise how to block the morons. And now for a more productive day in game. 

Also tagged with Matchmaking, Reporting, Chat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users