• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

splash_time #1 Posted 09 April 2020 - 10:07 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16487 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hi there fellas, 

This thread is created to help you decide and learn how to improve your gameplay experience and avoid making mistakes as much as possible. 

I hope it'll be useful for you. :)

First l'lI start mentioning the important stuff.

About the questions and selecting lines to begin with.

1.What lines to start with?

Now this depends on your taste and style. 

Some players might advice you to play a specific tanks or specific classes. But they might not be good or enjoyable for you.

Here are my suggestions for different styles.

• For LTs fans, i would advise playing these lines.

• AMX 13 105 line. (Overall, fun little sneaky tanks with good damage burst and being an autoloader can help you to finish low HP LTs and etc)
  • T-100 LT line. (Good mobility, gun and camo ratings to use, and they are single shoters).
  • Or alternatively EBR 105 line. (Now this line requires map awareness as the view range of it's line lower tiers is so low and you can't play them passively too often as they are active scouts (active scouting starts from tier 8), so, this line is advised after you gain some gameplay experience in LT class).

• For MTs fans, I would advise these lines.

• Obj. 430U line. (Overall perfect and fun line to play, mostly well armoured tanks up to tier 10, and they have good guns).
  • Obj. 140 (It's one of the best MTs that you'll ever play, it has DPM, mobility and acceptable armour.)
  • Udes 15/16. (Great gun depression and alpha for a MT compared to other MTs).

• For HTs fans, i advise this line.

• IS-7 line. (Very decent armour and mobility, good gun and one of the most popular tanks in WoT).

• For TDs fans, i advise this line. 

• Obj. 268 v4. (The perfect combination of mobility, armour and penetration, all in one tank, and it's from the best tanks in WoTs as well).

2. I don't know where to go in different maps to use my tank. 

1. There's many ways to learn the positions of each map, easiest way is to watch replays from wotreplays site and learn from other players. (Notice that to run a replay, you first need to exit from your game client).
  2. Other way is to check here.

3. How should i play my tank? I often lose my tank easily.

1. First of all, never rush to anywhere alone, because no one will help you and you'll lose your tank.
  2. Always stay with your team, and don't fight higher tiers tanks. Because 1st, you won't be able to penetrate them reliably, and 2nd, they might take a big chunk of HPs from you by their guns.
  3. Again, check wotreplays and watch how other players use your tank, and try to learn from their mistakes.
  4. Or alternatively, platoon with a good player and ask him for help if you needed.
  5. Don't hurry in making decisions, like, don't waste a lot of HP for finishing only one tank in the beginning of the battle.
  6. Don't take any damage in first place, how? By taking good covers, and by letting your enemy making mistakes for you to use them (you'll learn this by time).

4. Always keep an eye around you.

Your minimap is your best friend in WoT's battles, keep an eye on it 70% of the time. You won't find any better friend. Why? 

Because:

• It can provide you an overall positioning of your team and your enemies. So, it can help you to decide earlier to retreat or even advance more (depending on the situation and your team position).
  • You can use it to predict from where the enemies might flank you, and find a better position, bush and etc to cover yourself.
  • Always look around you, incase someone is trying to attack you from behind or flank you. So, don't stay in zoom in forever while fighting other tank, sometimes zoom out and just look around you.

5. What should i do if i have a stock tank and i faced a +2 matchup? Or if i was a top tier? 

First of all, if you were playing a stock tank in a +2 matchup, go play against the same tier tanks, never fight the enemy's top tier, because not only you won't penetrate his tank, but you'll lose HPs as well.

And if you were playing a stock tank while being a top tier? Try to go with medium tanks to win their flank, and try to advance and cap the enemy base if possible. (Otherwise, just spend free XP and fully unlock the modules you need).

6. How can I improve my gameplay even more?

Spoiler
Spoiler

I hope it helps you guys, I'll try to update it from time to time, and i really hope that this will help you a bit to learn.

Dear readers, if you ever felt that something is lacking and it needs to be added to this thread, please don't hesitate to inform me to edit it and make it even more useful. :) 

And also, if you ever had a problem or a question, ask down below and we'll try to help you. :)

Kind regards and GL on the battlefield,

Splash.

Edited by splash_time, 12 April 2020 - 07:18 AM.

Dramya #2 Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17468 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

Nice article, it has some nice pointers for new players. It has all the important aspects covered (learn the maps, learn from others, stay alive). However, some things I do not necessarily agree with. 

LT:

- French auto-loader lights are quite difficult to play, you have to worry about your clip reload time on top of staying alive and performing your role. If you are still learning that role it might be too much to handle.

- French wheelers are also quite difficult to play because of their driving mechanics and limited view range.

- Agree with the T100-LT line, however most people will regard this one as a light-medium hybrid.

MT:

- Agree with the Obj. 430U and Obj. 140, they have the same parental line so it's easy to eventually get both. Do keep in mind the bad gun depression angles

- Udes 15/16 is difficult to play well, but the earlier tanks have some nice ones

- I would also suggest the Progetto 65 line, though they only start to shine from Tier 8. Lower tiers are a mixed bag of good and bad.

HT:

- I would also suggest the Super Conquerer line, though tier 6 and 7 are a grind because of the low speeds

TD:

- Obj 268 v4 is an assault TD, from tier 7 and up you should not sit back in a bush to get the most out of it. 

- I would suggest either the German Grille or the Swedish Strv 103B line for sneaky sniping

Learning from others:

It might also be good to watch some Twitch streamers playing WoT. Some of the better ones also explain what they are doing and why. Personal favorites include:

https://www.twitch.tv/skill4ltu

https://www.twitch.tv/quickybaby

I hope you can do something with this information, keep up the good work!

splash_time #3 Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16487 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDramya, on 09 April 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

Nice article, it has some nice pointers for new players. It has all the important aspects covered (learn the maps, learn from others, stay alive). However, some things I do not necessarily agree with. 

LT:

- French auto-loader lights are quite difficult to play, you have to worry about your clip reload time on top of staying alive and performing your role. If you are still learning that role it might be too much to handle.

- French wheelers are also quite difficult to play because of their driving mechanics and limited view range.

- Agree with the T100-LT line, however most people will regard this one as a light-medium hybrid.

MT:

- Agree with the Obj. 430U and Obj. 140, they have the same parental line so it's easy to eventually get both. Do keep in mind the bad gun depression angles

- Udes 15/16 is difficult to play well, but the earlier tanks have some nice ones

- I would also suggest the Progetto 65 line, though they only start to shine from Tier 8. Lower tiers are a mixed bag of good and bad.

HT:

- I would also suggest the Super Conquerer line, though tier 6 and 7 are a grind because of the low speeds

TD:

- Obj 268 v4 is an assault TD, from tier 7 and up you should not sit back in a bush to get the most out of it. 

- I would suggest either the German Grille or the Swedish Strv 103B line for sneaky sniping

Learning from others:

It might also be good to watch some Twitch streamers playing WoT. Some of the better ones also explain what they are doing and why. Personal favorites include:

https://www.twitch.tv/skill4ltu

https://www.twitch.tv/quickybaby

I hope you can do something with this information, keep up the good work!

I agree with you, good suggestions, especially the streamers, I thought to add it but I simply forgot. :D

Although about grille and Strv, to learn sitting in a bush from the get go isn't good as I haven't mention artys as they simply ruin the gameplay. 

If a player get a well armoured tanks that can be forgiving at some point, he'll learn how to use armour, not to sit behind and do nothing, and also die easily. :) 

And i mainly focus on armoured ones, because once they get spotted, they die.

But I agree on the medium tanks, thank you for reading. :)

Edited by splash_time, 09 April 2020 - 12:51 PM.

Cuck0osNest #4 Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13223 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA
Now we need a guide for developers how to remove monetization model from spot and radio mechanics so new competitive players can stay to enjoy gameplay against actual tanks what are not bushes.

Edited by Cuck0osNest, 09 April 2020 - 12:32 PM.

sid257 #5 Posted 05 May 2020 - 06:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46714 battles
  • [SYFY] SYFY

View PostCuck0osNest, on 09 April 2020 - 11:32 AM, said:

Now we need a guide for developers how to remove monetization model from spot and radio mechanics so new competitive players can stay to enjoy gameplay against actual tanks what are not bushes.

Again negative vibes from a disillusioned player.  How about give it a rest and allow splash the chance to do something worthwhile and informative for new and not so new players.  

To all the new players who may read this thread please ignore the comments like this as they appear far to regularly.  There are a lot of players out there who will give you the benefit of their hard earned experience in threads like this one. 

Well done splash and please keep going mate.

Edited by sid257, 05 May 2020 - 06:28 PM.

2_Star_General #6 Posted 05 May 2020 - 08:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43957 battles

View Postsplash_time, on 09 April 2020 - 09:07 AM, said:

4. Always keep an eye around you.

Your minimap is your best friend in WoT's battles, keep an eye on it 70% of the time. You won't find any better friend. Why? 

Because:

• It can provide you an overall positioning of your team and your enemies. So, it can help you to decide earlier to retreat or even advance more (depending on the situation and your team position).
  • You can use it to predict from where the enemies might flank you, and find a better position, bush and etc to cover yourself.
  • Always look around you, incase someone is trying to attack you from behind or flank you. So, don't stay in zoom in forever while fighting other tank, sometimes zoom out and just look around you.

Wise words :great:

TheJ4ckal #7 Posted 06 May 2020 - 11:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5016 battles

Lol why do some so called experienced players have such a problem with the fact some tanks have higher camo values and can hide behind a bush?

And then blame it on money?

I love my LTG with 45 camo. All it took was a couple of days to build up my crew with the concealment skill and I can hide easily. No money involved.

Great guide by the way.

Some players are just so jaded and can't think for themselves so just keep repeating the same rubbish.

The joke is, they the ones giving money to WG.

Also tagged with Newbies, Gameplay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users