lag server problem

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Homer_J #21 Posted 21 April 2020 - 11:35 AM

Field Marshal

• 33872 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 09 April 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

My Ookla currently show ping of 30 and 25Mb Dl/Ul. Occasionally it goes to 55Dl.
Files dl superfast, twitch works, all is fine.

Meaninless test often rigged by ISPs to make them look good.

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 09 April 2020 - 04:10 PM, said:

what does pingplotter do?

A lot more than a speedtest.  For starters it test the connection to the game server and not to the speedtest server.

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 09 April 2020 - 06:08 PM, said:

Fun story: since WoT is laggy i started the DL of Moo, which WG have generously given for free to all who play WoT.
My ping in game changed from 100 to 150-200. And Moo is going at 4MB/s. Still think it's my net?

Yes.

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 09 April 2020 - 11:13 PM, said:

Except that I play the game and see people complain about lag and ping in chat?

I can see that any time of day or night any day of the week, somebody always has bad internet because ISPs are generally bad.

View Postamashi, on 21 April 2020 - 10:58 AM, said:

Server side architecture is silly, bring game match logic to the client. Free those Servers from burden and load. Let them free! 

Look what happened to Google Stadia, nobody likes it, stop developing WOT like it's some office 98 running via Citrix in some bank branch. 

That would bring Xbox style cheats to the game.

Google Stadia is not the same as WoT in any way.  Don't confuse the technologies.

View PostLouni_81, on 20 April 2020 - 08:35 PM, said:

Hello every one,

For 3 weeks now, every night it has been almost impossible for me to play WOT.
I have big lag problems, which according to PingPlotter don't come from my internet but from a node in Germany (see picture below).
I have micro lags that make me miss targets and lose my aim.
Is there a way to correct this problem?

Thank you for your support.

Seems to be a problem where your ISP connects to the internet.  Do you often get big blocks of lag like that?

BravelyRanAway #22 Posted 21 April 2020 - 11:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25378 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 09 April 2020 - 04:47 PM, said:

if u ever bothered with "reading" - i know, foreign concent to u, you'd read that i asked people on comms in sh and they all said their lag is bad for months now, compared to what it was before. and even worse since pandemic.

I know WG is having lag spikes on it's servers now and again. But if you have this constantly, it couldn't possibly be that since the lockdown everybody is at home, snap-chatting, farcebooking, twattering and gaming, etc, and this is overloading your own ISP who probably hasn't had to deal with such a load before.

That's the reason you should do a ping-plotter just to be sure where the bottleneck is happening, there's no point in assuming it's WG's fault until you have facts......then you can rant with confidence.

Aerialss #23 Posted 21 April 2020 - 08:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43981 battles
same here , from 2 days at this time 10.00 pm when they are 180 k players on we cant play with my friends , 1 game its 25 ms and 1 game we have 999 ms and more... wtf its hapening ?

Also tagged with lag, server, problem

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users