AMX 40 "The ugly ducky"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

dawdler #141 Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6164 battles

View Postjabster, on 16 January 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

It has two main problems - when against tier V tanks it's just rubbish but when against it's own tier it's a good tank, indeed against lower tiers its armour makes it almost un-damagable. I've really not played a tank like this before. Start game see match maker and either drive into suicide or take on large amount of tanks on your own. Take a battle in El Halluf where myself and another AMX 40 pretty much destroyed one flank on our own - I ended up with top gun and steel wall, he had also killed three tanks.
Unless of course you meet a Marder or two, lol. Or Lee for that matter. The 75mm bounce off the Lee  <_<

But yeah I agree with you. Even when you win big, its such a boring tank. You hit the W key (or better, R) and keep it going until you hit something. I sold it yesterday and got the 12t. First round is of course a tier VIII game and I loose pretty bad being second lowest (did 4% damage on a Pershing, yay!) and even that was way more fun than the AMX40.

Pedro79 #142 Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31631 battles
Yesterday i got an engine shot with this F1 car. Do i have to cointinue....?  
3 km/h uphill...

jabster #143 Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12622 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postdawdler, on 16 January 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

Unless of course you meet a Marder or two, lol. Or Lee for that matter. The 75mm bounce off the Lee  <_<

But yeah I agree with you. Even when you win big, its such a boring tank. You hit the W key (or better, R) and keep it going until you hit something. I sold it yesterday and got the 12t. First round is of course a tier VIII game and I loose pretty bad being second lowest (did 4% damage on a Pershing, yay!) and even that was way more fun than the AMX40.

Not found that much of a problem with the Marder - maybe because it's far more likely to be driven by an inexperienced tanker and I would imagine that any Lee drivers are so demoralised by having to play that tank that they don't care when you hit them and just wish the pain was over!

Played another game this morning and although I got a good amount of experience it still wasn't that much fun ... still not long to grind the exp. for the next tank.

burocracy #144 Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 38460 battles

View PostVahal, on 06 January 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

So, to make it shorter, launch the match, see the MM, if there is anything T5+ in opposing team, just find a rock or house, hide behind, alt+tab and go surf on the internet.
this fucking POS is so SLOW that I cant even make a suicide rush! ennemy are all dead before I come on the front line! :facepalmic:

In the AMX 40, ant battle is a suicide rush. No wait, I have to correct myself:  a suicide slow walk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users