This is why we lose so much

los bot tomato defeat bot team losing streak fail platoon platoon bad players unbalanced

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
158 replies to this topic

efs0sajeti #21 Posted 15 April 2020 - 06:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1074 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 15 April 2020 - 06:23 PM, said:

It simply picks from tank classes and tiers and matches them up, with no particular regard for player skill. It isn't a perfect system (recalling the game awhile back with 14 Out of the 15 Tanks on my team being stock/semi-stock), but it's the same for all players. Some days you'll simply get luckier and be matched more often with players who understand how to play, others you won't. The thing is it evens out as you play and, being the only constant in every battle you're in, your stats (in the long run) will reflect the impact you make in the games you're part of.

Thats the problem. Its 2 random. Maybe even rigged for some players, only devs know that. Dont you think that after 10 years it is time to make balance. For example skill based MM, same number of stock tanks in both teams, 1 ebr on both teams, 1 arty on both teams, RNG back to 10%. WoT would be one of the best games in the world if they did that.

17:35 Added after 5 minute

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 15 April 2020 - 06:26 PM, said:

While a ranked mode is something I've been saying should be made permanent, I find personally the fun and skill in WoT is dealing with the situation the game throws at you. That involves dealing better with horribad teams than the average player.

As for a clan. Any good clan looks at the whole picture. A reroll account focussed on stats over performance isn't going to impress anyone. You'd be better of with an account with many tanks and trained crews, showing good recent stats in all kind of tanks, even if the overall account stats are meh.

(Alternatively, you could ask you friends how they rigged the MM in their favour if you believe the MM is rigged against you. PTS and the like will be impressed by that question.)

It doesnt affect them like me because they are much beyond my level. Most of them are in the top 5%. I cant compare myself to them. I am not that good, but i am also not that bad. They know how i play and said i am very good and i should just platoon more... I really dont like to platoon when chasing stats because i lose concentration when talking rubbish on TS.

BTW still nobody downloaded the replay?

Edited by efs0sajeti, 15 April 2020 - 06:41 PM.

Private_Miros #22 Posted 15 April 2020 - 06:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29693 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postefs0sajeti, on 15 April 2020 - 05:29 PM, said:

It doesnt affect them like me because they are much beyond my level. Most of them are in the top 5%. I cant compare myself to them. I am not that good, but i am also not that bad. They know how i play and said i am very good and i should just platoon more... I really dont like to platoon when chasing stats because i lose concentration when talking rubbish on TS.

BTW still nobody downloaded the replay?

Well, you don't consider yourself in the top 5%, but whine "rigged" if you don't get top 1% stats. GG.

I don't like to platoon either, and never have even owned a headset. I only play with a few people.

Never play for stats. Play well. Stats are a result in the long term. Short term isn't stats, it's noise.

efs0sajeti #23 Posted 15 April 2020 - 06:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1074 battles

Edited by efs0sajeti, 15 April 2020 - 06:48 PM.

Private_Miros #24 Posted 15 April 2020 - 06:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29693 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

As for the replay well, I'll update as I watch:

Teams are fairly balanced, you have better top tier players, they have better mid tier players.

• You start by driving into the T29 and calling him names for no reason, feeling personally attacked that you might need to drive around a tank seeking a hull down position.
  • You drive into the firing line of the whole enemy spawn and get incredibly lucky to only be penned once.
  • You blame driving into the enemy spawn firing line on the T29, calling him further names. WG must have rigged him for sure. Without him you'd never have done that. Doing this, you spend time parked when you could be positioning yourself.
  • You peek into the camping TD which just saw you going there, and they shoot you - you get lucky bouncing one.
  • You then flummox a non-fully aimed shot at the Emil (undoubtedly cursing RNG for not letting you aim fully).
  • Another panicky shot between the IS and Emil. You couldn't pick which one, so you just kinda press, half-unlucky the IS just backs up.
  • You are in a strange position now, where you get lucky that moving up rear-first the T29 doesn't pen your engine deck.
  • You stop to call the T29s bots keeping you further out of the game. Emil that was showing side turret again has in the meantime backed up to reload.
  • Suppressing shot on the T29 turret, no pen - good pre-aim though.
  • You stop to ping the T29s which are in the rather standard location. They aren't doing great, they aren't doing bad either at this point.
  • You issue death threats and meanwhile fail to notice the IS-3 and BP going to the rear of your location.
  • You drive forth and back a bit without firing lines or any attempt to relocate despite 3 minutes of no damage as top tier. You do pause to ping the T29s a bit more.
  • You rush a shot on the T29, but I would have done the same since he showed his side turret. Gun mantlet hit though.
  • One T29 starts trolling you by asking where the enemies are, you finally notice the IS-3 in your rear, but decide to first call the T29 names before reacting to that.
  • You shoot over the engine deck of the lolrushing IS-3 (auto aim might have helped here).
  • SU shoots you in the rear almost killing you. You repair track over ammo and you put one in the IS-3 side.
  • You keep your rear to enemy tanks and IS-3 pens it killing you.
  • You - of course - wonder why you get the baddies on your team.
  • Game is close (despite a top tier only doing 450 damage) but your team will probably lose since one tank is capping without vision advantage and a Scorpion just slipped of some rocks.
  • Yes, 10-11 to 10-15.

I rate angermanagement/10.

Edited by Private_Miros, 15 April 2020 - 07:13 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #25 Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:00 PM

Bartender

• 19766 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Oh boy, let's not get into a game of statbashing..

TomatoShooter #26 Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1136 battles

edit. nvm 

Edited by TomatoShooter, 15 April 2020 - 07:07 PM.

Gruff_ #27 Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 25977 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

View Postefs0sajeti, on 15 April 2020 - 04:35 PM, said:

I watched the replay there is no rigged anything.  You blame other people far too much, you chose to cross and got punished, you were the one who rushed your shots so they missed, you were the one who bumped and grinded into the T29, you are the one tilted raging in chat about murdering people retard bot this idiot that etc etc etc.  We all get mixed ability teams it's up to YOU to do better with what you have.

Take a step back and think how focussed you are on uping your stats to get in to a competitive clan and how much that is actually negatively effecting how well you can play.  Your friends have told you to platoon more not start a new account and pad.  Maybe they probably told you to platoon more so you can pick up better ways of playing.

Anyone who presses battle gets to play with & against less skilled players this is the nature of the beast, you are tilted and as many of us know you play worse when tilted, that's all this is.

efs0sajeti #28 Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1074 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 15 April 2020 - 07:00 PM, said:

Oh boy, let's not get into a game of statbashing..

Well yeah but come on, look at my played tanks and look at his. And he is calling me a padder. He is insulting me and in the mean time he actually is one. It is beyond me how he even has the nereve to call me one.

18:08 Added after 1 minute

View PostTomatoShooter, on 15 April 2020 - 07:05 PM, said:

Clap clap, statspadding in lights and OP TD..that clans will be really impressed by your stats at tiers 5 - 7.

Thats not me, thats the dude that called me a padder from page 1, my browser bugged out and posted it here instead as a reply to his comment calling me a padder.

ONE77ZERO13 #29 Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11528 battles
I lose alot because i actively stopped trying to win and i just want 3 battle points minimum now.

TomatoShooter #30 Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1136 battles

View Postefs0sajeti, on 15 April 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

Thats not me, thats the dude that called me a padder from page 1, my browser bugged out and posted it here instead as a reply to his comment calling me a padder.

Yeah sry, noticed that too late. But its really pathetic to reroll and try to get purple stats just to get in some clan imho.

Edited by TomatoShooter, 15 April 2020 - 07:13 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #31 Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:14 PM

Bartender

• 19766 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postefs0sajeti, on 15 April 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

Well yeah but come on, look at my played tanks and look at his. And he is calling me a padder. He is insulting me and in the mean time he actually is one. It is beyond me how he even has the nereve to call me one.

Was he really calling you a padder? It didn't look so to me. He was calling you a reroll, see:

Block Quote

Not everyone has an alt account with less than 400 games to seem better like you.

He's referencing the fact that, as a reroll, you're almost certainly playing with the intent to remove the older stats from your past, thus your stats will appear better than they are (and I don't think there's really anything wrong with that). One of my most played tanks is the M3 Lee, with 301 Battles, 47.84% WR And a 653 WN8. In fact on wotlabs, a good few tanks on my first few pages of tanks are way below my current stats, since I played them ages ago. But those stats are there, so naturally will weigh down my overall stats somewhat.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 15 April 2020 - 07:14 PM.

LethalWalou #32 Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:24 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35820 battles

What a shocking replay. You actually threatened to murder your teammates cause they didn't do what you wanted them to do. On top of that you spouted a litany of insults and swearing.

What comes to your ''rigged RNG'', what I can tell, you were actually more lucky than unlucky. These are the events:

-You cross through the open at the start while showing a nearly flat side to the enemies, and only take one damaging shot from it.

-You get slightly unlucky with a slightly rushed/unaimed shot on the SU.

-You get lucky the T29 bounces your over angled armor by hitting your turret.

-You get unlucky by hitting the ground instead of Emil 1.

-You shoot between the IS and Emil 1, and on top of that the shot went to ground. You wouldn't have hit it anyways.

-You get lucky when reverse uphill and the T29 misses your engine deck and top of the turret, and instead bounces

-You get lucky and the T29 misses you

At this point you are insulting others and pinging the map and the IS-3 makes a move on you.

-You take a panic shot which misses. The IS-3 also misses.

-You get penned to the arse and artied. And then you pen the IS-3 and he pens you back

Now how is this proof of anything? Well it's proof of the fact that you suffer from confirmation bias. You only notice the bad things happening to you, and you exaggerate them. You ignore all the lucky moments that happen to you. Conclusion is that you falsely think the RNG is rigged against you.

efs0sajeti #33 Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1074 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 15 April 2020 - 06:47 PM, said:

As for the replay well, I'll update as I watch:

Teams are fairly balanced, you have better top tier players, they have better mid tier players.

• You start by driving into the T29 and calling him names for no reason, feeling personally attacked that you might need to drive around a tank seeking a hull down position.
  • You drive into the firing line of the whole enemy spawn and get incredibly lucky to only be penned once.
  • You blame driving into the enemy spawn firing line on the T29, calling him further names. WG must have rigged him for sure. Without him you'd never have done that. Doing this, you spend time parked when you could be positioning yourself.
  • You peek into the camping TD which just saw you going there, and they shoot you - you get lucky bouncing one.
  • You then flummox a non-fully aimed shot at the Emil (undoubtedly cursing RNG for not letting you aim fully).
  • Another panicky shot between the IS and Emil. You couldn't pick which one, so you just kinda press, half-unlucky the IS just backs up.
  • You are in a strange position now, where you get lucky that moving up [edited]first the T29 doesn't pen your engine deck.
  • You stop to call the T29s bots keeping you further out of the game. Emil that was showing side turret again has in the meantime backed up to reload.
  • Suppressing shot on the T29 turret, no pen - good pre-aim though.
  • You stop to ping the T29s which are in the rather standard location. They aren't doing great, they aren't doing bad either.
  • You issue death threads and meanwhile fail to notice the IS-3 and BP going to the rear of your location.
  • You drive forth and back a bit without firing lines or any attempt to relocate despite 3 minutes of no damage as top tier. You do pause to ping the T29s a bit more.
  • You rush a shot on the T29, but I would have done the same since he showed his side turret. Gun mantlet hit though.
  • One T29 starts trolling you by asking where the enemies are, you finally notice the IS-3 in your rear, but decide to first call the T29 names before reacting to that.
  • You shoot over the engine deck of the lolrushing IS-3 (auto aim might have helped here).
  • SU shoots you in the rear almost killing you. You repair track over ammo and you put one in the IS-3 side.
  • You keep your rear to enemy tanks and IS-3 pens it killing you.
  • You - of course - wonder why you get the baddies on your team.
  • Game is close (despite a top tier only doing 450 damage) but your team will probably lose since one tank is capping without vision advantage and a Scorpion just slipped of some rocks.
  • Yes, 10-11 to 10-15.

I rate angermanagement/10.

Thank you for looking at the replay. I understand and accept everything you just said. I completley lost the abillity to play due to RAGE at start when i saw what the T29 toon was doing. But, i have arguments to your constructive criticism:

1. did i get the worst spawn point for taking the top corner? Yes, like every time

2..did anyone else from my team even think of taking that same corner? no, like every time

3. i bump into t29? who would expect them to just stop there? thought they would go hill

4.i drive in to the line of fire yes. Why? Bad spawn and blocking T29. I dont mind trading half my HP to get there if i can farm sides of guys on hill. its a fair trade.

5. i peek in front of the TDs while still spotted because i was raging and lost the timing of spotted duration in my head

6. the shot i took on the Emil is solid but i had bad RNG. If the best streamers say there is no need for full aim and its only about the RNG i believe them

7. my panic shot between 2 tansk is pure rage now, i started smashing my mouse. all caused by the T29 platoon that got to me

8. yep got lucky on the engine deck, but why do they have the hill for free and why can they keep aiming at me. i should have side shots at them there. thats due to the bad team i had

9. yep i was raging hard at them and knew the game is lost, i gave up on life at that point, i could only get better wn8 but not win rate from there

10. you see how good my pre aim is? hehe but bad RNG again, classic

11. rage again. You say the T29 toon is not doing bad? They have 600 damage combined at the end of the game. Both 30k games players.

12. noticed the is3 on minimap but still raging and what could i do anyway?

13. at that time relocating was not an option, i am 2 slow and also dont care anymore

14. yep you would have done the same, again bad RNG

15. rage and dont care anymore

16. is3 shot AGAIN bad RNG. I didnt autoaim cuz of his troll side armor and i cant remember if i had HEAT loaded.

17. rage

18 rage

21 we would win if the t29 did their job, along with the 0 dmg wz, arty and kamikaze EBRs. Exactlly my point.

18:29 Added after 0 minute

View Postsmokeytheband1t, on 15 April 2020 - 07:09 PM, said:

I lose alot because i actively stopped trying to win and i just want 3 battle points minimum now.

Haha!

18:31 Added after 3 minute

View PostLethalWalou, on 15 April 2020 - 07:24 PM, said:

What a shocking replay. You actually threatened to murder your teammates cause they didn't do what you wanted them to do. On top of that you spouted a litany of insults and swearing.

What comes to your ''rigged RNG'', what I can tell, you were actually more lucky than unlucky. These are the events:

-You cross through the open at the start while showing a nearly flat side to the enemies, and only take one damaging shot from it.

-You get slightly unlucky with a slightly rushed/unaimed shot on the SU.

-You get lucky the T29 bounces your over angled armor by hitting your turret.

-You get unlucky by hitting the ground instead of Emil 1.

-You shoot between the IS and Emil 1, and on top of that the shot went to ground. You wouldn't have hit it anyways.

-You get lucky when reverse uphill and the T29 misses your engine deck and top of the turret, and instead bounces

-You get lucky and the T29 misses you

At this point you are insulting others and pinging the map and the IS-3 makes a move on you.

-You take a panic shot which misses. The IS-3 also misses.

-You get penned to the arse and artied. And then you pen the IS-3 and he pens you back

Now how is this proof of anything? Well it's proof of the fact that you suffer from confirmation bias. You only notice the bad things happening to you, and you exaggerate them. You ignore all the lucky moments that happen to you. Conclusion is that you falsely think the RNG is rigged against you.

Thank you for looking at the replay. I agree with you on everything you said. Someone else made the same comments as you. But they are a bit argumental. Please read my reply to his comments. And you have to understand that rage got to me because i had 8 games in a row like this. I snaped and lost the abillity to play

18:35 Added after 6 minute

View PostTomatoShooter, on 15 April 2020 - 07:13 PM, said:

Yeah sry, noticed that too late. But its really pathetic to reroll and try to get purple stats just to get in some clan imho.

Why would it be pathetic to want to play with friends? It takes much more time to fix stats on a tank you have 2k battles on from the time you were still a bot and when you played on a potato PC. This is just more simple.

Edited by efs0sajeti, 15 April 2020 - 07:36 PM.

Olias_0f_Sunhillow #34 Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:35 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 27251 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 15 April 2020 - 06:14 PM, said:

But those stats are there, so naturally will weigh down my overall stats somewhat.

Scars and experience don't weigh much.  ;)

Private_Miros #35 Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29693 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

You could have won that game without or without the T29s, it was still close at the end. You shouldn't have gone to the hill but stayed defensive and shot at peekers over the hill and lure them into the players at the back that actually did do well.

Fully aiming makes a huge difference. Joking comments on RNG by streamers should be seen in context. And taking unaimed shots when you have a choice to shoot between unaimed or no shot at all is good practice and there RNG dictates. That's a different situation.

IS-3 shot wasn't RNG, your gun was simply over the the tank. You cannot hit something you're shooting over.

Yes, at the end T29 performance was bad. So was yours. Learn from it. Do 3k damage in that game and you have a large chance of winning that, with the same team. And if not, at least it pads your WN8 and DPG.

Never be angry about what others do, you cannot control them. Read the game and adapt yourself. If you didn't see the stupidity of a team mate soon enough, that's a mistake you made, not a mistake of the that guy who is simply less good.

I constantly make mistakes myself, don't get me wrong, but that is really the mindset you need to have to improve to the top. Any situation you didn't pull your weight, is a situation you could have done better, in the same circumstances, with the same team.

Edited by Private_Miros, 15 April 2020 - 07:37 PM.

COMMANDER_SHEPARD_alive #36 Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11284 battles
  • [PSEUD] PSEUD
Im russian and wg generating for me best setups;) (without arties)

efs0sajeti #37 Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1074 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 15 April 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

You could have won that game without or without the T29s, it was still close at the end. You shouldn't have gone to the hill but stayed defensive and shot at peekers over the hill and lure them into the players at the back that actually did do well.

Fully aiming makes a huge difference. Joking comments on RNG by streamers should be seen in context. And taking unaimed shots when you have a choice to shoot between unaimed or no shot at all is good practice and there RNG dictates. That's a different situation.

IS-3 shot wasn't RNG, your gun was simply over the the tank. You cannot hit something you're shooting over.

Yes, at the end T29 performance was bad. So was yours. Learn from it. Do 3k damage in that game and you have a large chance of winning that, with the same team. And if not, at least it pads your WN8 and DPG.

Never be angry about what others do, you cannot control them. Read the game and adapt yourself. If you didn't see the stupidity of a team mate soon enough, that's a mistake you made, not a mistake of the that guy who is simply less good.

I constantly make mistakes myself, don't get me wrong, but that is really the mindset you need to have to improve to the top. Any situation you didn't pull your weight, is a situation you could have done better, in the same circumstances, with the same team.

Thank you for the good advice. What about the previous 10 games i did awesome and still got teamates this bad? All lost high damage games and the last to die.

18:40 Added after 0 minute

View PostCOMMANDER_SHEPARD_alive, on 15 April 2020 - 07:38 PM, said:

Im russian and wg generating for me best setups;) (without arties)

Hahaha I wish!

Private_Miros #38 Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29693 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postefs0sajeti, on 15 April 2020 - 06:39 PM, said:

Thank you for the good advice. What about the previous 10 games i did awesome and still got teamates this bad? All lost high damage games and the last to die.

Well played, move on. 10 games is not a stat. Come back after 1000.

LethalWalou #39 Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:43 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35820 battles

View Postefs0sajeti, on 15 April 2020 - 06:28 PM, said:

Thank you for looking at the replay. I agree with you on everything you said. Someone else made the same comments as you. But they are a bit argumental. Please read my reply to his comments. And you have to understand that rage got to me because i had 8 games in a row like this. I snaped and lost the abillity to play

Not sure you understood the point of my comment. It highlighted objectively that you were more lucky than unlucky by describing the events. There really is no point to complain about rigged RNG as the one battle you think proves everything, actually proves the opposite. This one replay shows that RNG favours you.

efs0sajeti #40 Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1074 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 15 April 2020 - 07:43 PM, said:

Not sure you understood the point of my comment. It highlighted objectively that you were more lucky than unlucky by describing the events. There really is no point to complain about rigged RNG as the one battle you think proves everything, actually proves the opposite. This one replay shows that RNG favours you.

Sorry but you are wrong here. How am i lucky if the nemy T29 is going hill but my platoon is not? How am i lucky if i miss half aimed shots? I would call myself lucky if the half aimed shots hit lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users