D2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Honza_H34 #41 Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18483 battles
Ok, I have recently rebought this tank to give it a second chance. Well...I still like amx38 more, but it is quite ok, gun is very good for its tier (accuaracy, rof, penetration ) and can shred m3 Lee to pieces. However, it is slower than amx38, much bigger and with bad gun depression / elevation (amx38 suffers from this one too, but is much lower). Armour is much worse than amx38 due to lots of weakspots, lower thickness and not much slopes - protects well against tier 2 and autocannons, but anything above has no problems penetrating it. So overall...it isn´t bad, just different from amx38 and therefore requires different use, no invincible shell-eating turtle.
Posted Image
Time to train crew to 100% and kill some KVs on eastern front (or at least theirs tracks), I will definitely keep this one.
Posted Image
Look, even our German fellows like it!

Von_Luger #42 Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12572 battles
I have a question: Which tiers do you most often face with this tank and can it's top gun do dmg to them?

Honza_H34 #43 Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18483 battles

View PostVon_Luger, on 27 March 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

I have a question: Which tiers do you most often face with this tank and can it's top gun do dmg to them?

In theory yes, that gun can penetrate everything you meet SOMEWHERE as it is the same gun as top gun on B1. However, due to D2s low mobility and lower hp (its one tier lower after all) you will not have much chance against any tier 5s (only back and sides ). And you will not pen hetzer from front ofc. But for tier 3, that gun is quite good. Just stay back even in tier 3 fights, despite 40-40-40 armor you should not relly on it. At first i didnt like it as it seemd to me fragile and with lot of weakspots, but then bought it again and it is ok tank.

And you face the same stuff as other tier 3s: tanks and TDs tier 2 - 5 (so even KV, T1, churchill and stuff like that).
btw. killed T-34 with it, his commanders cupola was not well hidden : D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users