Add mine laying in the game.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Boy_with_Apple #1 Posted 24 April 2020 - 07:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6190 battles
  • [LOBBY] LOBBY
There would be mine fields and a mine clearing tank would be great.

PointZero #2 Posted 24 April 2020 - 08:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48520 battles

Invisible obstacles would really improve the quality of gameplay on the small maps we have and work even better on corridor maps such as Mountain pass. I'm sure everyone would love to drive that unarmed mine clearing tank to the frontline and start clearing them out when half the enemy team is out in the bushes waiting for that moment and once he's gone there's still a permanent obstacle there.

A well thought out and researched topic containing good arguments why it would be great 10/10

edit: blast from the past

Minefields - Mar 11 2014 - 19:31

• This has been suggested just about every other week.  There is more than enough impassable terrain on the maps, especially some of the new ones.  We don't need more.
  • I don't think anyone would like to get blown up randomly from a mine, especially since it's something they can't see. It would just make the game more frustrating than it already is.
  • The average player has a hard enough time driving str8 let alone navigating a mine field.
  • Honestly, fields in this game are already death traps without being mined, and I don't think anyone wants mines added to the choke points.This topic pops up about once a month, and I never see how it would make the game any more fun.  It would just be another pain in the butt that would further limit tactical options on already limited maps.

Should WOT have minefields? Jun 06 2014 02:37 AM

•  Half the playerbase is too scared to move more than three feet away from their spawn as it is; introducing minefields would turn the game into World of Bunkers.
  • No , many tankers can barely drive anyway , some of them even end up in big lakes of water, if they ground blew up under them they would whine , also no one dare go near cap, means more camping and thus more TD players will kemp bush and wait till a draw.
  • We totally need more well-thought features which nerf active gameplay and make the maps even smaller.
  • To be honest, I already struggle with random pieces of scenery, such as them hidden cliffs near spawn on Pearl River and Airfield. I wouldn't be able to get through a minefield if the mines were made out of candy floss.
  • Random unseen minefields? Never! Don't even think about it! They would channel tanks to certain corridors, but you might take a risk of passing minefield and possibly losing tracks and some hp. If enemy is present you would be easy target, but would be way to flank enemies not watching.

Edited by PointZero, 24 April 2020 - 08:55 AM.

Bordhaw #3 Posted 24 April 2020 - 07:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16132 battles
Minefields were added in the last PvE event. Whatever it was called....

Balc0ra #4 Posted 24 April 2020 - 09:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77184 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostBordhaw, on 24 April 2020 - 07:50 PM, said:

Minefields were added in the last PvE event. Whatever it was called....

And it just caused people to yolo, place it and insta kill Tigers. It was rather powerfull from a standard battle aspect if you will.

Claus_KeIIerman #5 Posted 24 April 2020 - 09:22 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 27085 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

My nose cannot get any flatter from face-palming.

Can it ?

_SpartanWarrior_ #6 Posted 24 April 2020 - 10:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39439 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ

Homefront (PvE Mode) had mines.

This game does NOT need them,and it has already been pointed out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users