Jump to content


8,8 cm Pak 43 Jagdtiger: The Only Tiger King That Counts


  • Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 33,838
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Head to the Premium Shop and get into a cage with a mighty big cat.

The full text of the news item

secessum #2 Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:15 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 42158 battles
  • 48
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

*
POPULAR

garbage and outdated tank, not worth the buy

wsatnutter #3 Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:32 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27382 battles
  • 10,227
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

*
POPULAR

outrageous even to try and sell this oncee decent tank it is  garbage and a complete waste of space in the garage DO NOT BUY IT

Edited by wsatnutter, 29 April 2020 - 03:17 PM.


Maki711 #4 Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:40 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25886 battles
  • 383
  • Member since:
    06-09-2011
Please do no buy this tank.
This tank is heavily outdated and underpowered when compared with its counterparts.
Just save your money and get German Skorpion G.

Range_Ace #5 Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:44 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16263 battles
  • 130
  • Member since:
    02-20-2016

Yes it was a fine piece of machinery 70 years go.

Nowadays it gets eaten alive by anything that moves fast, especially the infamous toxic french wheelies.

Anyway I have it and liked it very much, it takes time, skill, good crew and map awereness for it to work.

And when you eventually get to the desired position, the gun is very rewarding. :izmena:

 



Three_Rounds_Rapid #6 Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:00 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 48087 battles
  • 740
  • [W0WW] W0WW
  • Member since:
    02-24-2015


Maxert_Axon #7 Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:05 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27147 battles
  • 23
  • [B-N-G] B-N-G
  • Member since:
    06-16-2012

Not worth it. Even with the recent buffs... still not worth it. Back in the old days it was a fine machine... but almost 400+ tanks were added to the game, and nowadays its just a big no. Every other machine (even the Panther 8.8) is better with the same gun (Steyr WT for example is faar faaar better).

You have armor which is just not enough, the st is just weak against.. anything, except maybe tier VI... your hull is trash. You have dpm... but you can't use it out. If you try to play on the front - they will rape you. If you try to shoot from mid range, 2nd line for example, thats your "best shot", playing from behind is (again) useless because the lackluster pens.

 

..even playing against Tier VIII is pure pain. Same goes for the IS-6.

Maybe changing the gun for a larger caliber (JagdTiger (H) ? ), or increasing the pen (using the Panther II top gun or the E50 really long 8.8?) while buffing up the armor protection (to be comparable at least with the Turtle Mk I) would do the trick. I wouldn't mind if the mobility received some debuffs because all the buffs (weight increase, etc), but oh man oh man its just pure pain playing against Tier IX tanks, even against Tier VIII in this tank.

When the VK 100.01(P), or an O-Ho, or any Tier IX heavy appears (and a T95, Tortoise, even the AT 15 gives this tank a hard time), you could just press Alt+F4, because you can't escape with that mobility, you can't pen them (because they starting facehugging you, so say goodbye to those lower plates mate), you can't do HE damage because the 88mm gun, you can't overmatch Strv-s, or sidescraping meds.. yeah.

 

Pure pain my dudz, pure pain.


Edited by Maxert_Axon, 29 April 2020 - 07:08 AM.


SiliconSidewinder #8 Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:11 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 29850 battles
  • 9,172
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012
if you are thinking of the real Jagdtiger, don't buy this.

Hamsterkicker #9 Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:39 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 41139 battles
  • 854
  • [KWAAK] KWAAK
  • Member since:
    08-08-2011
Don't buy this. Forget all the "old" reviews of years ago in the current game it is just not worth it.. The lack of mobility and turret just kills it. Pathetic alpha so no one is scared of you. The real Jagdtiger is at Tier 9 in the Tech Tree.

Enherjaren #10 Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:43 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 75784 battles
  • 790
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011
Clearly this is just a cash-grab trying to fool gullible, clueless players that believe German WWII tanks are cool. 
Terribly power-creeped tank! 
Embarrassing really WG!
Start buffing old premium tanks that we bought and I might consider buying premium tanks again, but right now I don't trust WG for doing the right thing.
I don't like the road this game is taking...

Edited by Enherjaren, 29 April 2020 - 07:42 PM.


Virusas #11 Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:46 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 18514 battles
  • 130
  • [ALTTD] ALTTD
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011

View PostMaxert_Axon, on 29 April 2020 - 07:05 AM, said:

Not worth it. Even with the recent buffs... still not worth it. Back in the old days it was a fine machine... but almost 400+ tanks were added to the game, and nowadays its just a big no. Every other machine (even the Panther 8.8) is better with the same gun (Steyr WT for example is faar faaar better).

You have armor which is just not enough, the st is just weak against.. anything, except maybe tier VI... your hull is trash. You have dpm... but you can't use it out. If you try to play on the front - they will rape you. If you try to shoot from mid range, 2nd line for example, thats your "best shot", playing from behind is (again) useless because the lackluster pens.

 

..even playing against Tier VIII is pure pain. Same goes for the IS-6.

Maybe changing the gun for a larger caliber (JagdTiger (H) ? ), or increasing the pen (using the Panther II top gun or the E50 really long 8.8?) while buffing up the armor protection (to be comparable at least with the Turtle Mk I) would do the trick. I wouldn't mind if the mobility received some debuffs because all the buffs (weight increase, etc), but oh man oh man its just pure pain playing against Tier IX tanks, even against Tier VIII in this tank.

When the VK 100.01(P), or an O-Ho, or any Tier IX heavy appears (and a T95, Tortoise, even the AT 15 gives this tank a hard time), you could just press Alt+F4, because you can't escape with that mobility, you can't pen them (because they starting facehugging you, so say goodbye to those lower plates mate), you can't do HE damage because the 88mm gun, you can't overmatch Strv-s, or sidescraping meds.. yeah.

 

Pure pain my dudz, pure pain.

Buffs? :) What buffs are you talking about. 8.8 cm gun reload time is fun, but with new high alpha meta this TD is no longer enjoyable. The worst part of that is majority of shots in lower hull plate damages your engine SOMEHOW  which is very annoying and making this slow tank even less maneuverable.



oBmg #12 Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:51 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3033 battles
  • 55
  • [-SOC-] -SOC-
  • Member since:
    12-30-2019


--premium rounds for Jagtiger 8.8 have practicaly the same penetration as regular rounds (212 mm vs. 237 mm).!?????


 so:

--It has mediocre AP round penetration and humoristically ~ 2 cm more pen with expencive premium rounds(in practice,this is  same, unforgiving).

--Despite weak rounds, its  so slow and slugish  that it cant actually manouver to get to the positions and  sides of the enemy and to react on the map.

--Despite these drabacks, it  has no true frontal armor without big  weak spots to compensate ( like British Turtles for example),

--But wait for it you get more in the package, every second hit in weak lower half of the front disables jour engine.

--Yes, but you can hide and snipe tier IX tanks with 212 mm penetration, right?  ,Dont worry, WG think of this possibility to escape,  so camo rating is of a haevy tank.

- Due to its size,slowness,  artillery doesnt actually need  to fully aim.


 Wargaming, I have no more words..so I will just say...thank you.
 


 


Edited by oBmg, 29 April 2020 - 10:37 AM.


Ry0K3N #13 Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:52 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22392 battles
  • 297
  • [BORG] BORG
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011
Its trash.

Misago #14 Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:53 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 20500 battles
  • 87
  • Member since:
    04-21-2012

Block Quote

 The Only Tiger King That Counts

 

Yes, because the Tiger II sucks in this game, get it?

 

I am getting really annoyed at Wargaming taunting players with their own incompetence in balancing the game.



Cobra6 #15 Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:07 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16624 battles
  • 18,459
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

It's a garbage tank that is a great XP Pinata for the enemy team.

 

Completely outclassed, outdated and out-gunned by pretty much *ANYTHING* it meets.

 

Do not buy, you will regret it.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 29 April 2020 - 08:08 AM.


oBmg #16 Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:14 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3033 battles
  • 55
  • [-SOC-] -SOC-
  • Member since:
    12-30-2019

View PostCobra6, on 29 April 2020 - 08:07 AM, said:

It's a garbage tank that is a great XP Pinata for the enemy team.

 

Completely outclassed, outdated and out-gunned by pretty much *ANYTHING* it meets.

 

Do not buy, you will regret it.

 

Cobra 6

 

 

If only Wargamig would know of decency and warn players.They instead talk like its superior tank, and new players(like I once) buy it, only to get sick of it and even start to hate their game. Ultimately, its supid on their behalf,they create frustrations and mistrust in new players by selling crap told to be uber-tanks.


 Couldnt they at least give let say 250 mm peneration of premium rounds so tank would be at least a little forgiving?Has anyone proposed this to them, whence they obviously dont know what they are doing?


Edited by oBmg, 29 April 2020 - 08:18 AM.


O_o_Babbuino #17 Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:16 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43847 battles
  • 451
  • [SCOBA] SCOBA
  • Member since:
    06-15-2011

View PostMisago, on 29 April 2020 - 07:53 AM, said:

 

Yes, because the Tiger II sucks in this game, get it?

 

I am getting really annoyed at Wargaming taunting players with their own incompetence in balancing the game.

I heard on paper while reading...that tiger II will get buff....stronger turret...so actually after few years something is changing...

 

as to the jg88...used to be really good....now it's trash, unless you are very lucky for dumb enemies...which is not so unusual these days :trollface:


Edited by O_o_Babbuino, 29 April 2020 - 08:17 AM.


StinkyCamper #18 Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:20 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29096 battles
  • 614
  • [SCBL] SCBL
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013
See what you did here Wargaming ? You shot yourself in the leg. I think jagdtiger needs a buff in cammo and penetration and a nerf in price.

Enherjaren #19 Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:34 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 75784 battles
  • 790
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostVirusas, on 29 April 2020 - 07:46 AM, said:

Buffs? :) What buffs are you talking about. 8.8 cm gun reload time is fun, but with new high alpha meta this TD is no longer enjoyable. The worst part of that is majority of shots in lower hull plate damages your engine SOMEHOW  which is very annoying and making this slow tank even less maneuverable.


He is talking about these buffs:


Jagdtiger 8.8 got buffed in 2018, but those buffs still doesn't help it in 2020. 



O_o_Babbuino #20 Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:34 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43847 battles
  • 451
  • [SCOBA] SCOBA
  • Member since:
    06-15-2011

View PostThree_Rounds_Rapid, on 29 April 2020 - 07:00 AM, said:

Don't try this at home kids

07:36 Added after 2 minute

View PostStinkyCamper, on 29 April 2020 - 08:20 AM, said:

See what you did here Wargaming ? You shot yourself in the leg. I think jagdtiger needs a buff in cammo and penetration and a nerf in price.

View PostStinkyCamper, on 29 April 2020 - 08:20 AM, said:

See what you did here Wargaming ? You shot yourself in the leg. I think jagdtiger needs a buff in cammo and penetration and a nerf in price.

View PostStinkyCamper, on 29 April 2020 - 08:20 AM, said:

See what you did here Wargaming ? You shot yourself in the leg. I think jagdtiger needs a buff in cammo and penetration and a nerf in price.

View PostStinkyCamper, on 29 April 2020 - 08:20 AM, said:

See what you did here Wargaming ? You shot yourself in the leg. I think jagdtiger needs a buff in cammo and penetration and a nerf in price.

View PostStinkyCamper, on 29 April 2020 - 08:20 AM, said:

See what you did here Wargaming ? You shot yourself in the leg. I think jagdtiger needs a buff in cammo and penetration and a nerf in price.

 

WZ-111 and Panther 8.8 approve this message.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users