Why can't we chat with enemies?

ingame chat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

_palermo #1 Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 376 battles
Maybe it's just me, but from my experience all the toxicity ever comes from my own teams, because they use XVM and say stuff like "another tomato team go lose fast" or they say "+2 matchmaking i dont play" and they sit in a corner of the map and refuse to play... and in general i never really see people say anything positive in team chat, so i play with team chat off and i mute most people in my games because all they do is like spam ping others when they die and i wouldn't mind to have an option that disables all pings and chat with the ally team.

But on the other side It was unbelievably fun for me to be able to talk to enemies, especially maybe ask them something like "was i spotted" and you can find out whether or not you got blindshotted or you were actually just spotted when you died, basically enemy chat just adds more to the game in my eyes and i had lot of funny moments with people on the enemy team while playing and usually people in all chat are polite and nice. And if you think people in all chat are ruining your game experience, you could just disable it?

Really can't see a reason why it's not enabled all the time.

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45749 battles

View Post_palermo, on 29 April 2020 - 05:47 PM, said:

Maybe it's just me, but from my experience all the toxicity ever comes from my own teams, because they use XVM and say stuff like "another tomato team go lose fast" or they say "+2 matchmaking i dont play" and they sit in a corner of the map and refuse to play... and in general i never really see people say anything positive in team chat, so i play with team chat off and i mute most people in my games because all they do is like spam ping others when they die and i wouldn't mind to have an option that disables all pings and chat with the ally team.

But on the other side It was unbelievably fun for me to be able to talk to enemies, especially maybe ask them something like "was i spotted" and you can find out whether or not you got blindshotted or you were actually just spotted when you died, basically enemy chat just adds more to the game in my eyes and i had lot of funny moments with people on the enemy team while playing and usually people in all chat are polite and nice. And if you think people in all chat are ruining your game experience, you could just disable it?

Really can't see a reason why it's not enabled all the time.

Quite simple really - it was not uncommon for dead team mates, who had died like pigs, to give away friendly positions to the enemy.

Quite annoying in the latter stages of a close game.

Had one lad do that to our team once, so PM'd him after the game and his reply was something like 'well, I wanted the game to finish quicker as I want my tank back in the garage'

When you're dealing with selfish, petty, small minded folk like that, removing cross-team chat was a blessing.

To be honest, I didn't miss it and I'm glad it's gone again.

NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36600 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Ah, this is an effect...don't know what it's called, but...

People got nostalgic, they like the cross-team chat as a meme or just fun...

If it was available for over a week, it would slowly devolve into what it used to be like, and people would remember why it was removed.

qpranger #4 Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
Chatting with enemies is a crazy luxury, the problem is you often cannot even chat with your so-called team mates.

_palermo #5 Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 376 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 29 April 2020 - 06:52 PM, said:

Quite simple really - it was not uncommon for dead team mates, who had died like pigs, to give away friendly positions to the enemy.

Quite annoying in the latter stages of a close game.

Had one lad do that to our team once, so PM'd him after the game and his reply was something like 'well, I wanted the game to finish quicker as I want my tank back in the garage'

When you're dealing with selfish, petty, small minded folk like that, removing cross-team chat was a blessing.

To be honest, I didn't miss it and I'm glad it's gone again.

oh well this makes sense actually, even though i never saw this happen personally i understand now why it might just be disabled...

18:00 Added after 1 minute

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 29 April 2020 - 06:54 PM, said:

Ah, this is an effect...don't know what it's called, but...

People got nostalgic, they like the cross-team chat as a meme or just fun...

If it was available for over a week, it would slowly devolve into what it used to be like, and people would remember why it was removed.

yea maybe that's why they were so nice to each other in all chat actually, good point

Also tagged with ingame chat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users