Jump to content


Buff KV1S

buff kv1s poll

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: buff the kv1s (41 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

give me my old gun?

  1. yes (10 votes [24.39%])

    Percentage of vote: 24.39%

  2. no (18 votes [43.90%])

    Percentage of vote: 43.90%

  3. that gun was a bit OP (13 votes [31.71%])

    Percentage of vote: 31.71%

buff my armour model?

  1. yes (9 votes [21.95%])

    Percentage of vote: 21.95%

  2. no (28 votes [68.29%])

    Percentage of vote: 68.29%

  3. I swear this amour used to be better? (4 votes [9.76%])

    Percentage of vote: 9.76%

put me back to tier 5

  1. yes (10 votes [24.39%])

    Percentage of vote: 24.39%

  2. no (28 votes [68.29%])

    Percentage of vote: 68.29%

  3. pref mm NO tier 8? (3 votes [7.32%])

    Percentage of vote: 7.32%

Vote Hide poll

sidda #1 Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:11 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27285 battles
  • 10
  • [-VIK-] -VIK-
  • Member since:
    11-15-2012

How the mighty have fallen.....

 

Doesn't feel right anymore, please do something as of now its really Poor @ tier 6-8.

 

Maybe old gun?

  



arthurwellsley #2 Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:26 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 55914 battles
  • 4,338
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

Back in 2013 the KV1-S with the long 122mm gun was a monster in tier VI.

There is no way War Gaming will allow it to return to that state.

It was SerB's favourite and even he had to accept the split due to the OP win rate the old KV1-S had.

 

The armour was always worse than the KV3 which back then was also a tier VI. The KV1-S had weak armour, good mobility for a heavy, and that OP gun. There is no way back to those days for that once mighty beast.

 

SerB talked about it with some players here = http://world-of-ru.l...om/2713623.html


Edited by arthurwellsley, 29 April 2020 - 10:26 PM.


NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:56 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 36600 battles
  • 5,116
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Postsidda, on 29 April 2020 - 10:11 PM, said:

How the mighty have fallen.....

 

Doesn't feel right anymore, please do something as of now its really Poor @ tier 6-8.

 

Maybe old gun?

 

If you want the old KV-1S, go buy the KV-122 because that's the exact same tank...but it's a tier 7, for balancing purposes.

 

So that means you can't have it back.



Balc0ra #4 Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:21 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77203 battles
  • 23,262
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
KV-85 is still there, with a better 100mm gun. So just play that instead. As that's basically the old KV-1S, with a nerfed ROF 122mm still available.

MeetriX #5 Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:49 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26746 battles
  • 4,741
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

This raises a question.

If WG can nerf Soviet tank this drastically what will happen to other nations?



speciesUnknown #6 Posted 30 April 2020 - 02:49 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6766 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    04-24-2019

I dont understand why people feel its been nerfed, the stats have been increased proportionally. Whats the issue?

 



DaniulSims #7 Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:22 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11471 battles
  • 856
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014

Never thought I'd see the day where the KV-1S would be thought to need a buff, but here we are.

 

 

I'll vote no just because I still have PTSD of the old KV1S.



Richthoffen #8 Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:52 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32725 battles
  • 2,831
  • [MS-] MS-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011
you can have your buffs if you agree to restore my hellkitty to its former state as well, see how you like that

pihip #9 Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:22 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17340 battles
  • 1,597
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013
IMHO it should at least have 180 alpha on the top gun, otherwise it's just a grind tank and not a keeper as it used to be.

Rainbowkiss83 #10 Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:38 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27171 battles
  • 394
  • [_HATE] _HATE
  • Member since:
    07-24-2014
I sold mine the other day...gtg back to KV1 :sceptic:

Extremaduras #11 Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:07 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6299 battles
  • 14
  • [W4W4] W4W4
  • Member since:
    09-15-2017

They already buff the pen of the 85 mm by 30 without saying it in the patch so it seems ok. U can go derp or u can go with the 85 but all the moved tiers seems a little bit underwellming. They just want for us to go for the high tiers to make money in premium account and this kind of stuff. 

 

I was thinking the patch could give more things to enjoy in the lower tiers but they nerf a lot the credits made and the variety. Now its difficult to see variety of tanks. The only thing good was nerfing sealclubbing tanks.



13_BlackCat #12 Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:10 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 2879 battles
  • 77
  • Member since:
    01-19-2020

View Postarthurwellsley, on 29 April 2020 - 10:26 PM, said:

Back in 2013 the KV1-S with the long 122mm gun was a monster in tier VI.

There is no way War Gaming will allow it to return to that state.

It was SerB's favourite and even he had to accept the split due to the OP win rate the old KV1-S had.

 

The armour was always worse than the KV3 which back then was also a tier VI. The KV1-S had weak armour, good mobility for a heavy, and that OP gun. There is no way back to those days for that once mighty beast.

 

SerB talked about it with some players here = http://world-of-ru.l...om/2713623.html

 

The KV-1S still has a 122mm Gun, the short version of it, I Love playing this Tank with this gun, had great games in it.

 

I am a new player in WOT, so I have never played this tank with the Long 122mm Gun, the one which is on the KV-122,

which by the looks of it, seems Lethal ! I would like to have the long derp gun on my KV-1S.

 

On my other KV-1, I have the 85 mm pew pew gun, which is more accurate than the 122mm Derp,

but in many cases, when going against higher TIERs, you have to shoot a lot of premium rounds in order to pen.

This is a problem, cuz with the KV-1 Tier 5, you will hardly ever be Top TIER, same with the KV-1S.

 

Recently, I got 1 Red Star on the barrel of my KV-1 with 85mm Gun. which makes me happy to see it there, cuz I try hard,

BUT,

I am a new player, this means that, not many people are preferring or playing this tank properly at TIER 5,

I've had better games o my KV-1S, but No Red Star on the barrel of the gun, so, the Gun (Canon) makes a large difference on a Tank.

For instance, I didn't move up to the SP 1 C, cuz the Derp gun that made it famous and formidable, was removed, making it not so special anymore.

 

If you remove that one quality that makes a vehicle special, especially at low tier, you're destroying it.

 

What is the KV-2 without the 152mm Derp ?!?

just think of that !

and bring the 122mm long barrel back !


Edited by 13_BlackCat, 30 April 2020 - 12:49 PM.


Marlekin #13 Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:11 PM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 33958 battles
  • 4,204
  • [BEUKR] BEUKR
  • Member since:
    11-10-2010
I actually like the recent changes to the KV-1S.  Anyone grinding the IS-7 line now, doesnt have to grind through two tier 5 tanks to progress down the techtree. The 1S was sitting on an awkard and clumsy place on the techtree if you ask me. 

 

View Post13_BlackCat, on 30 April 2020 - 11:10 AM, said:

I am a new player in WOT, so I have never played this tank with the Long 122mm Gun, the one which is on the KV-122,

which by the looks of it, seems Lethal ! I would like to have the long derp gun on my KV-1S.

 

What is the KV-2 without the 152mm Derp ?!?

just think of that !

and bring the 122mm long barrel back !

 
Its not a long derp gun. Its a full blown 122mm gun as found on the IS tank at tier 7. Link here
 

The old KV-1S nerf was a good thing. This tank made every other tier 6 heavy redundant and made it difficult to be a tier 5 tank in the game's matchmaking. Its not suprising things got changed. When a tank is this strong you just know you had better enjoy it while it lasts. 

Same story for the KV-2. 
The KV-1 and KV-2 used to be the same tank, sitting on tier 5. This was by far the most powerfull tier 5 heavy of its day and you would either mount the 107mm (like the T-150), or take the 152mm derp gun. Again, this was a tank too powerfull for its tier. The KV tank was split up into the tier 5 KV-1 and the tier 6 KV-2. 

* typo's


Edited by Marlekin, 30 April 2020 - 12:36 PM.


13_BlackCat #14 Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:03 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 2879 battles
  • 77
  • Member since:
    01-19-2020

View PostMarlekin, on 30 April 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

Its not a long derp gun. Its a full blown 122mm gun as found on the IS tank at tier 7. Link here
 

The old KV-1S nerf was a good thing. This tank made every other tier 6 heavy redundant and made it difficult to be a tier 5 tank in the game's matchmaking. Its not suprising things got changed. When a tank is this strong you just know you had better enjoy it while it lasts. 

Same story for the KV-2. 
The KV-1 and KV-2 used to be the same tank, sitting on tier 5. This was by far the most powerfull tier 5 heavy of its day and you would either mount the 107mm (like the T-150), or take the 152mm derp gun. Again, this was a tank too powerfull for its tier. The KV tank was split up into the tier 5 KV-1 and the tier 6 KV-2. 

* typo's

 

Really ! I did not know this, a 122mm Gun on a TIER 5 tank, that must have been massacre for the other tanks of the same tier,

but not only that, I'm guessing that everybody wanted to get this tank instead of others of the same TIER.

 

Like me, hearing about the reputation of the 152mm Derp on the KV-2, I had to have it.

But the KV-2, despite it's gun advantage, has a lot of equally annoying disadvantages that kind of balances things out.

 

But a 122mm full blown Gun on a TIER 5 KV-1S, I wish I had lived the day !

 

I had read somewhere that the KV-1 and KV-2 used to be the same tank in the game with a different turret.

Just think of that two Powerful Guns on one tank, 122mm & 152mm. MASSACRE !!!



Bulldog_Drummond #15 Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35797 battles
  • 11,928
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014
I remember that back in the good old days if I took out my Matilda and saw a KV1S on the opposing team I knew that at some point in the game I would be one-shotted by the KV

Marlekin #16 Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:59 PM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 33958 battles
  • 4,204
  • [BEUKR] BEUKR
  • Member since:
    11-10-2010

View Post13_BlackCat, on 30 April 2020 - 01:03 PM, said:

 

Really ! I did not know this, a 122mm Gun on a TIER 5 tank, that must have been massacre for the other tanks of the same tier,

 

No no, the old KV-1S started life as a tier 6 tank! It had a 122mm like the IS, just at slower reload. Later, WG nerfed the reload even more to 20ish? seconds because it was incredibly strong, like I mentioned. I think it was 2015 when they replaced the KV-1S with the KV-85, and the KV-1S became a tier 5 tank.

 


The old KV tank was the tank that was murdering everyone at tier 5. 

 

 

 


speciesUnknown #17 Posted 30 April 2020 - 02:19 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6766 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    04-24-2019

No buff required.

 

The KV1-S is my favourite vehicle in the entire game. I've used it in over a thousand matches and have a 53% WR with it.  (I'm not exactly the best player)


I am super happy that its gone up a tier. I can see that its already been buffed - the 85mm (which is why it was so deadly at tier 5) has extra pen and alpha (my mistake, its the same at 160) and a slightly increased reload time. Historically the KV1-S was intended as an intermediete between heavy and medium, and true to history, its armour is now not quite up to scratch but it can still get into situations where it absolutely shreds in the right situation.

 

I welcome the challenge of facing tier 8 opponents.


Edited by speciesUnknown, 30 April 2020 - 02:32 PM.


13_BlackCat #18 Posted 30 April 2020 - 05:01 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 2879 battles
  • 77
  • Member since:
    01-19-2020

View PostMarlekin, on 30 April 2020 - 01:59 PM, said:

 

No no, the old KV-1S started life as a tier 6 tank! It had a 122mm like the IS, just at slower reload. Later, WG nerfed the reload even more to 20ish? seconds because it was incredibly strong, like I mentioned. I think it was 2015 when they replaced the KV-1S with the KV-85, and the KV-1S became a tier 5 tank.

 


The old KV tank was the tank that was murdering everyone at tier 5. 

 

 

 

I see what you mean,

 

the KV-2 has around a 20 sec reload also, but I don't think it has the accuracy of that 122mm TIER 7 Gun, s

o even with a slow reload, the KV-1S still probably had a good advantage !

The Tech-Tree has changed again,

the KV-1S is now at TIER 6

and they have removed the KV-85 from the game,

I don't see it anymore on the Tech Tree.

 

The 122mm Gun that is now on the TIER 7 IS,

because I placed a topic in this forum: IS or T-43 ? (I think you have seen this post)

I want to decide with which tank to continue, a lot of people have said a lot of negative things about this gun.

Slow Aiming Time, Inaccurate, difficult to find and hit weak spots on tanks etc etc, a strong gun, as long as you can hit anything with it.

 

What is your opinion about this gun ? Is it TIER 7 material ? or just a buffed up TIER 6 gun ?

Because the KV-2 is a TIER 6 tank that can one shot a lot of tanks, but it is amazing how easy it can miss the target.


Edited by 13_BlackCat, 30 April 2020 - 05:11 PM.


Marlekin #19 Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:52 PM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 33958 battles
  • 4,204
  • [BEUKR] BEUKR
  • Member since:
    11-10-2010

View Post13_BlackCat, on 30 April 2020 - 05:01 PM, said:

The 122mm Gun that is now on the TIER 7 IS,

because I placed a topic in this forum: IS or T-43 ? (I think you have seen this post)

I want to decide with which tank to continue

 

I did see that topic.
If I was you I would not make my choice based on either the T-43 or the IS, but more about which gameplay these lines offer and which would suit you best. Do you like medium tanks, pick medium tanks. If you like heavy tanks, work on your heavy tank. Maybe you like both, so go for both. Completely up to you. 


Keep in mind that in the upcoming Berlin event, you can unlock 25% discount tokens on upcoming the IS-2S premium tank. Premium tanks are good at farming credits, so if youre about to venture into the higher tier tanks, you will quickly find out how expensive tanks become. Its also a usefull crew trainer if you go further into russian heavy tanks. Video about this event here

Fair warning:
Tier 7 is a difficult tier to grind through these days and stock tanks probably suffer the most, if you ask me. Tier 8 is a really populated tier in this game, thanks to the game having alot of tier 8 premium tanks. These are great for grinding credits. Unfortunately, this also means your stock T-43 and IS are going to fight alot of tier 8 tanks. So save any free experience you can get while grinding ot your tier 6 tanks, for use on your stock tier 7, the same for when unlocking tier8, etc.. Things will improve when you upgrade but I think it will stay difficult untill you are sitting in on tier 8 with the best gun unlocked, no matter which tank line you choose. 
 

 

View Post13_BlackCat, on 30 April 2020 - 05:01 PM, said:

a lot of people have said a lot of negative things about this gun.

Slow Aiming Time, Inaccurate, difficult to find and hit weak spots on tanks etc etc, a strong gun, as long as you can hit anything with it.

 

What is your opinion about this gun ? Is it TIER 7 material ? or just a buffed up TIER 6 gun ?

Because the KV-2 is a TIER 6 tank that can one shot a lot of tanks, but it is amazing how easy it can miss the target.

 

Well, the KV2 was build as a bunker buster and is really an oddity in the russian tech tree. So its good at shooting things that dont really move around. I really dont think it should be used as an example for anything just because its such a strange machine. Its more like playing arty in direct fire more, thats why the KV-2 used to unlock the S51 in the russian arty line. These days it unlocks the TD line, I think. 

As for the gun,
I think its still okay on tier 7. The 175 pen on the D25T ist that high for its tier, but the IS is fast enough to pop into places where you can get some shots on tanks' sides and such. And even if you cant, the 530 damage of the HE shell can still get you some splashdamage against tanks where your normal ammo is hopeless.*  You can also try apcr shells, but these are 4800 credits each, so its hard to make credits when using these. 

I think on tier 8, when you get to fight tier 10's, thats where this gun is no longer up for the job and you will really want that gun upgrade. On the IS-3 for example, you will really want the BL9 gun as soon as possible, but make sure your stock tracks can support the weight. 

* HE even damages targets when the shell does not penetrate. HE splash = 50% damage - effective armor your hitting. HE cannot bounce/ricochet because it explodes on impact.

Hope this helps! :honoring:
 



Bulldog_Drummond #20 Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:53 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35797 battles
  • 11,928
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostspeciesUnknown, on 30 April 2020 - 01:19 PM, said:

I welcome the challenge of facing tier 8 opponents.

 

Rather you than me.







Also tagged with buff, kv1s, poll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users