• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

oOZwapOo #1 Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:13 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17263 battles
  • [CPAFO] CPAFO

Hello,

I visited many webpages to find out a solution that suits for my goal but I unfortunately didn't find anything. What I need is to retrieve battle results for each battle played. I know that these results are "lost" once the application is closed but they're available while program is running. You still can access to all battle's results you played while you didn't close WOT.

Unfortunately, I didn't find anything neither in API nor on Internet or somewhere cached in the application directories.

I could parse relays but it means they must be complete... or most of player quit battle when they're killed.

Does WG plan to open access to battle's results at least when the session is running ?

Does someone have any idea ?

Thx for your help

Gabezzone #2 Posted 01 May 2020 - 09:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20834 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

This is a question I have been having for a while myself as well. And this is the conclusion I came to. 
The biggest problem is that if WG was to provide an API at a battle level, they would need one heck of a database (and infrastructure) to support this feature. 

You do see all your stats in the game even after the battle has finished and you went back to garage. This is because WG will provide that for you from one of their many internal databases but they will not share that information with you via an API. 

You can always use the Replay Analyzer tool to get data from the battles but you always have to stay in battle until is over even if you have died. Otherwise, the replay will not contain battle data which makes sense. 

If you find a method that works better please leave a message here because such as tool is really needed by other players as well. 

Have fun in battles :) 

oOZwapOo #3 Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17263 battles
  • [CPAFO] CPAFO

Hi Gabezzone,

To be honnest, I think I found something but I'm not sure the way I have to develop it to make it work. My Idea was to override a python function with Scriptloader. I developped a Mod which is loaded fine but it seems it is never called by wot.... So if someone can help me with that, I think I could provide some testing to make that work but I miss some basic information on how to hook a callback or override method in mods... 
If someone can help ?

oOZwapOo #4 Posted 04 May 2020 - 01:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17263 battles
  • [CPAFO] CPAFO
FYI, I'm able to generate a JSON file for each battle results. I'll work on external statistic software now.

Gabezzone #5 Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20834 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Hey, 

I have just deployed a package for python which does exactly that.
Have a look here: https://pypi.org/project/wotreplay/1.0.0/

oOZwapOo #6 Posted 05 May 2020 - 11:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17263 battles
  • [CPAFO] CPAFO

Hi Gabezzone,

It looks it's getting data from replays, not from battle. So it also means you must stay till the end of battle otherwise replay doesn't contain all battle data. Mine is extracting data from battle results received at the end of battle by WoT, even if you quit before.

Counterparts is that it will not get any info if WoT is closed before end of battle.

Gabezzone #7 Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20834 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
That actually sounds very interesting. Looking forward to see it in action. Mind sharing the source code? 

lgfrbcsgo #8 Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37860 battles

Shameless plug: I've created a mod which serves battle results over WebSockets. 

Source code: https://github.com/lgfrbcsgo/wot-battle-results-server

Forum post: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/745729-battle-results-server

WG Mods: https://wgmods.net/4662/

It could probably be adapted to save battle results to disk or to send them to some server.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users