Mäuschen is a joke.

Mäuschen

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

acmineac #1 Posted 01 May 2020 - 02:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17871 battles
What is this tank for? 240mm on the front of the turret? Thats like a 50-50 for tier 8s. Angle it? Oh yeah, it's an old fashioned tank with a cupola that can actually be penetrated with tier 8 guns all the time. This abomination's mantlet IS 240MM THICK. IT'S MANTLET!!! AHAHA soviet meds have better armor on their cupolas. A t-54 has a straight out better turret than this garbage. Hell, the E75 can sidescrape a billion times better without sacrificing the mobility. This tank is outclassed by any other tier 9 heavy but propalby most of the meds too. Just compare this thing to an Obj 705, or a defender. I'm not even talking about gold rounds. If you load the gold you don't even have to aim. Just right click to lock onto it and fire every time you can. You are going to pen 99% of the time. Why can't this thing be like a tortoise? If you have a tank that goes 20km/h why does it have worse armor than the other heavies? If you can have broken tanks without weakspots, then why is the Mäuschen an exception? Isnt it's sole purpose is to be a better armored tank in it's tier but with less mobility? What's the point of this tank? The only place where this thing can be useful is where you sidescrape to your left, so your cupola does not get exposed. And even then, your joke category turret get's penned thanks to the 240mm "protection" it has. All that with standard rounds, but every player loads the gold on sight when seeing a Mäuschen anyway. This tank is garbage.

Horica_Milea #2 Posted 01 May 2020 - 05:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31145 battles
  • [R3L4X] R3L4X

The Maus is the same turret armour is 250mm not 240 like the mauschen also everyone when will see the maus will load gold and frontal pen you . Is almost impossible to play with the mauschen and the maus as even most of medium lvl 10 tanks have more than 250mm pen on normal shells

Hopefully they will fix this line in the future

acmineac #3 Posted 01 May 2020 - 05:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17871 battles

View PostHorica_Milea, on 01 May 2020 - 04:01 PM, said:

The Maus is the same turret armour is 250mm not 240 like the mauschen also everyone when will see the maus will load gold and frontal pen you . Is almost impossible to play with the mauschen and the maus as even most of medium lvl 10 tanks have more than 250mm pen on normal shells

Yeah but you can angle the Maus turret to be effective, still not good enough against gold tho. Meanwhile no matter how you angle the trash Mauschen you will have that garbage cupola. Actually it's armor even drops if you angle it, making the weakspot even weaker. Ridiculos. But you can just sit in front of everyone with almost all the soviet heavies and meds, also most of the other nation's heavy tanks. And they can go above 20km/h...broken game.

The_Naa #4 Posted 01 May 2020 - 05:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11587 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

yes lets add more bullet proof boxes that basically have God mode on.

and then lets wonder why everyone spams Gold or HE.

acmineac #5 Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17871 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 01 May 2020 - 04:39 PM, said:

yes lets add more bullet proof boxes that basically have God mode on.

and then lets wonder why everyone spams Gold or HE.

You are missing the point. If something in this game should be a bullet proof box then it would be the Maus line. And honestly you think that's an excuse? Yes it's dumb that WG includes more and more tanks without weakspots, but if they don't intend to change this then why should be the Mauschen an exception? How does this make any sense at all? Obj 268 v4 can go at 50km/h yet it has close to no frontal weakspots on it. But the Mauschen's whole turret is a weakspot or the E100 for that matter. Obviously the best thing would be if they would just start include weakspots again like in the old times, but that's clearly not the case so the only logical solution would be to buff that garbage.

TankkiPoju #6 Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25871 battles

View PostHorica_Milea, on 01 May 2020 - 05:01 PM, said:

There is no way a 250mm pen shell will pen a Maus frontally, if the Maus driver understands anything about how the armor works. Unfortunately 90% of Maus players do not, so they just want the "game fixed" as you said.

acmineac #7 Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17871 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 01 May 2020 - 05:10 PM, said:

There is no way a 250mm pen shell will pen a Maus frontally, if the Maus driver understands anything about how the armor works. Unfortunately 90% of Maus players do not, so they just want the "game fixed" as you said.

Maus actually has 260mm frontal armor, and yes if someone with brain faces a Maus he will wait until the turret faces him and then shoots. Not into the angled plate. But no matter how you angle it, it can't protect you from gold rounds. But this topic is about the Mauschen. No matter what you do in that thing, you will have that cupola penetrated all the time. And the cheeks too. Everything really. Because it's garbage. Many t8s have way better turret than that crap.

The_Naa #8 Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11587 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postacmineac, on 01 May 2020 - 06:08 PM, said:

You are missing the point. If something in this game should be a bullet proof box then it would be the Maus line. And honestly you think that's an excuse? Yes it's dumb that WG includes more and more tanks without weakspots, but if they don't intend to change this then why should be the Mauschen an exception? How does this make any sense at all? Obj 268 v4 can go at 50km/h yet it has close to no frontal weakspots on it. But the Mauschen's whole turret is a weakspot or the E100 for that matter. Obviously the best thing would be if they would just start include weakspots again like in the old times, but that's clearly not the case so the only logical solution would be to buff that garbage.

View Postacmineac, on 01 May 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

Yeah but you can angle the Maus turret to be effective, still not good enough against gold tho. Meanwhile no matter how you angle the trash Mauschen you will have that garbage cupola. Actually it's armor even drops if you angle it, making the weakspot even weaker. Ridiculos. But you can just sit in front of everyone with almost all the soviet heavies and meds, also most of the other nation's heavy tanks. And they can go above 20km/h...broken game.

the Maus line should honestly go with VK.168.01 P as the Tier 8 and then move along with Mäuschen at tier 9 so you only have the turret at the back but Still have the cupola and after that its Final model, Maus that got rid of all the problems of the Prototypes and is the finished model. because thats basically what the line is, its a run in tank development where you can play each stage of the prototype Maus concept untill you get the Maus.

and its not a reason to buff it either that ''russians have it'' or ''russians do it'' Germans liked to Place Cupolas on their tank, you should have seen that one coming from a mile away when you started the grind for the Maus and Maus line is supposed to be slow. just like the Churchill's, Type 5 Heavy's line of tanks, even tho this is a arcade game and realism isnt the games stong suits, they Still try to keep the tanks close to what they were able to do. why should it go above 20km/h? just because the Soviets tanks do? did you not look at the stats or the armour model when you started the grind? as you seem rather shocked that the Mäuschen has the cupola and is slow.

TankkiPoju #9 Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25871 battles

View Postacmineac, on 01 May 2020 - 06:20 PM, said:

Maus actually has 260mm frontal armor, and yes if someone with brain faces a Maus he will wait until the turret faces him and then shoots. Not into the angled plate. But no matter how you angle it, it can't protect you from gold rounds.

Well, maybe I should then just take your expert word about it, checking you account history about Maus.

snowlywhite #10 Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30926 battles

why should it be buffed? You have best t8 heavy(vkp) in the line. You have a good to very good t10 heavy(maus) in the line. And no, the fact that most players seem to be too inept to angle it doesn't make the tank bad.

yes, t9 is crap. Whatever; most lines have at least one crap tank in between t8 and t10. And most lines don't get a "best in category" tank at any tier.

also, everyone got a f ton of bps last year; so you can easily skip it.

acmineac #11 Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17871 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 01 May 2020 - 05:33 PM, said:

Well, maybe I should then just take your expert word about it, checking you account history about Maus.

Tanks.gg tells you everything you need to know.

ares354 #12 Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:47 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 78495 battles

View Postsnowlywhite, on 01 May 2020 - 06:41 PM, said:

why should it be buffed? You have best t8 heavy(vkp) in the line. You have a good to very good t10 heavy(maus) in the line. And no, the fact that most players seem to be too inept to angle it doesn't make the tank bad.

yes, t9 is crap. Whatever; most lines have at least one crap tank in between t8 and t10. And most lines don't get a "best in category" tank at any tier.

Maus is good, vs bad and poor player who dont fire gold ammo. 

Rest switch to gold, and Maus armor evaporated at insta. I love E4 for example, or high pen heat, they pen your upper plate with a bit higer roll on pen. So much for a balance. I used for fun foch on heat, pen 3 out o 3 heat shoot inot upper plate of Maus. Balanced. 

Maus have armor ^^

Same goes for that tier 9 crap. No armor, no mobility, dead weight. 

acmineac #13 Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17871 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 01 May 2020 - 05:24 PM, said:

Germans liked to Place Cupolas on their tank, you should have seen that one coming from a mile away when you started the grind for the Maus and Maus line is supposed to be slow. just like the Churchill's, Type 5 Heavy's line of tanks, even tho this is a arcade game and realism isnt the games stong suits, they Still try to keep the tanks close to what they were able to do. why should it go above 20km/h?

It's not like they could you know adjust the numbers on the cupola. I did not say that they would have to remove it. Neither that they should buff the speed. The only thing that is bad about this tank is it's armor. You know. The whole purpose of this tree, the strong armor. That's the weakness. And i find it ridiculos. 

View PostThe_Naa, on 01 May 2020 - 05:24 PM, said:

did you not look at the stats or the armour model when you started the grind? as you seem rather shocked that the Mäuschen has the cupola and is slow.

That's a fair point. I could have been more aware that it's such a trash tank. But it does not change the fact that it's hilariously weak. And i think most of the players don't actually check these thing out. They look at the Maus like man that is such a cool tank, i want to play it. And then they get this. Mauschen and etc. Sad really.

17:55 Added after 3 minute

View Postsnowlywhite, on 01 May 2020 - 05:41 PM, said:

How is the tier 8 version is the best t8 heavy? I'm sorry what? And skipping the tank won't make the problem go away. It would only do that for me.

snowlywhite #14 Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30926 battles

View Postares354, on 01 May 2020 - 06:47 PM, said:

Rest switch to gold, and Maus armor evaporated at insta. I love E4 for example, or high pen heat, they pen your upper plate with a bit higer roll on pen. So much for a balance. I used for fun foch on heat, pen 3 out o 3 heat shoot inot upper plate of Maus. Balanced. 

Maus have armor ^^

I love how maus armor evaporates on forums. Yet everyone does ht15 in maus and everyone has their highest bounce rates in the same tank...

even assuming you're vulnerable to 340 heat(which isn't really the case with good angle) and you trade, you still have something like 35% more hp than a 5a. Let alone meds and stuff like that which are below maus alpha and almost half it's hp.

don't get me wrong; I'd never enjoy a maus. If the line doesn't do 50 by t9, don't call me. But for what's supposed to do, the tank is perfectly fine.

vkp is downright op in t8; maus is fine. Ok, t9 is bad. Whatever... same goes for most tech trees. WG has to make a living too.

GodTank2 #15 Posted 01 May 2020 - 08:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10891 battles

View Postares354, on 01 May 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

Maus is good, vs bad and poor player who dont fire gold ammo. 

Maus have armor ^^

Maus is a really good tank that can block and push flanks very well.  I have 3.3k average damage blocked in Maus which is more than its HP. Ofc no tank has armor against tier 10 TDs firing gold. Sure you can do 750 with the E4 but i can give you 2 shots with AP for that 750 alpha shot you do to me + I have 1k HP advantage over you so who will win that fight?

Edited by GodTank2, 01 May 2020 - 08:10 PM.

Bulldog_Drummond #16 Posted 01 May 2020 - 08:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35829 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

It is possible that I have just been lucky but the Mauschen is the only Tier IX that has worked for me.

I found the Maus disastrous, also the VK100

The Mausbrecher has also been okay for me

Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 01 May 2020 - 08:15 PM.

TheDrownedApe #17 Posted 01 May 2020 - 08:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 53093 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Well i enjoyed the mauschen, far more than the maus

Erwin_Von_Braun #18 Posted 01 May 2020 - 08:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45794 battles
Mauschen is great for blocking damage missions:)

The_Naa #19 Posted 01 May 2020 - 09:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11587 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postacmineac, on 01 May 2020 - 06:52 PM, said:

It's not like they could you know adjust the numbers on the cupola. I did not say that they would have to remove it. Neither that they should buff the speed. The only thing that is bad about this tank is it's armor. You know. The whole purpose of this tree, the strong armor. That's the weakness. And i find it ridiculos. 

To be honest i find the cupola on the VK.168.01P usefull as players seem to load regular AP and try to snipe it so with careful wiggling i can make them miss their shot or ding right off my turret armour, but if the tank has no weakspots that are ''easy'' to hit they will go full gold and shoot at the center mass which is harder to Dodge in slow tank.

Block Quote

That's a fair point. I could have been more aware that it's such a trash tank. But it does not change the fact that it's hilariously weak. And i think most of the players don't actually check these thing out. They look at the Maus like man that is such a cool tank, i want to play it. And then they get this. Mauschen and etc. Sad really.

well some players dont look at the tanks leading to the cool stuff and when they run into a bad one on the way or if the cool tank ends up being bad they end up here.

i've started taking careful notes on tanks the lead up to the cools stuff. i am basically Blueprinting and Free XPing my way to the STB-1. 

Robbie_T #20 Posted 02 May 2020 - 04:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22559 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostTankkiPoju, on 01 May 2020 - 06:10 PM, said:

indeed a good Maus player who turns his turret  in ** degrees can be a pain.

But the slow heavys are in a disadvatage nowadays on most maps.

thats why most new heavys are faster and smaller

Also tagged with Mäuschen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users