low tiers = seal clubbing?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

_Carpaccio_ #1 Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38952 battles

Please ea forgive me I ve been drinking a lot today.

Ever since I starterd learning the game mechanics I refused to play low tiers - 1 - 4. But since the last patch when their HP was increased, I was thinkinh.. There are many tanks on tier 2-4 I really like from historical reason. LIke Matilda II, PZ II, Shinhoto Chi-Ha, M14/41,  and since the last patch when tier 3 tanks have HP liek tier 5 mediums used to have, I ve been thinkinh to buy tier 2-4 tanks to my garage. But my problems is like - I have seal clubbing. You can loka at my profile and see 1K battle swiht PZ II but I plyed that tank as a noob, no sealcubibng there.. But could the playing of low tiers like 2-4 could be justified if you simply like history of WW2 and tank warfare? 

again I hate sealclubbih, but for example PZ II and british Matilda are one of my fav WW2 tanks ever since I first saw then in codename panzers RTS.

_KotWortBraun_ #2 Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8893 battles
Tbh. if you like a tank just play it, why should u not? Why limit your personal fun just because WG is not taking measure to protect new players?

wsatnutter #3 Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27401 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
if it floats your boat then sail it

Bulldog_Drummond #4 Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35797 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View Post_Carpaccio_, on 01 May 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

Please ea forgive me I ve been drinking a lot today.

Ever since I starterd learning the game mechanics I refused to play low tiers - 1 - 4. But since the last patch when their HP was increased, I was thinkinh.. There are many tanks on tier 2-4 I really like from historical reason. LIke Matilda II, PZ II, Shinhoto Chi-Ha, M14/41,  and since the last patch when tier 3 tanks have HP liek tier 5 mediums used to have, I ve been thinkinh to buy tier 2-4 tanks to my garage. But my problems is like - I have seal clubbing. You can loka at my profile and see 1K battle swiht PZ II but I plyed that tank as a noob, no sealcubibng there.. But could the playing of low tiers like 2-4 could be justified if you simply like history of WW2 and tank warfare? 

again I hate sealclubbih, but for example PZ II and british Matilda are one of my fav WW2 tanks ever since I first saw then in codename panzers RTS.

Let us always try to look on the positive side, although this is rare on the forum

• You are assisting lower tier newbies to experience fine gameplay
  • You are killing sealclubber thugs who thought they would have an easy win
  • You are making a far greater contribution to your team than you would at higher tiers
  • It is fun

Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 01 May 2020 - 11:22 PM.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77209 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Considering most people you face have 10 to 20K battles vs 100. I never feel bad playing down there now and then. I did it more before, as then protective MM was a thing, and most you did face were mostly the same. 15 to 30K games and played a tier 2 with a 4K battle crew in it.

Even more so if you like the tank, or like it for historical reasons. Why not use them? Some lower tiers can be fun, and it's why I have so many battles in some of them like the Luchs. I would never stick around for all those long sessions I've had. If I could not have some mid to low tier fun amongst all the frustrating higher tiers days. As in a tank, you don't care if you win or lose in. Just wanna trash around for a bit. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 01 May 2020 - 11:21 PM.

_Carpaccio_ #6 Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38952 battles

Again - I have 1K battles on my PZ II, which I played when I was noob in WoT, and loved its autocannon. Another reason would be that - ever since I saw the PZ II in codename panzers phase I RTS, I loved its looks, and for history.

same goes to as I mentioned - Matilda II which was once called queen of the desert, PZ III which was one of the best early war tanks, japanese Chi-Ha which was very good at time when it was made, even Italian M14/40 (41) was not bad tank in early WW2. But as I said, my problem was HP of low tiers. 

Well mister Bulldog and especially mister Balcora are people I trust on forum, so I am gonna buy low tiers: 2-4 for some historical gameplay. I believe they could help me to get to 54 % winrate finally.. but really. I hate sealclubbing, but I am very insterested in 20th century history. And when you say blitzkrieg, its not about Tiger or Panther, its about Panzer I, II and III, and in case of GB about Matildas, french with Chars B1, ... 

VsUK #7 Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles
I sincerely believe some people play low tiers against bots to improve their stats.

_Carpaccio_ #8 Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38952 battles

View PostVsUK, on 01 May 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

I sincerely believe some people play low tiers against bots to improve their stats.

Thats what I said basically. Till the lats patch low tiers had Low HP, and you cant really expect people on these tiers to have skills, unless they are seal clubbers..

markynocarpy #9 Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 35478 battles
  • [D3NK] D3NK
I must admit I play a lot in the low tiers . But I do have tier 9 artys so yer you can call it farming or seal clubbing ! If you are going to play the high tiers you had better be ready to throw money into the game or you not going to get far fast ‘Sorry but that’s how the game runs and why not the game as to be financed some way so why not . When you run into a good player you think ? He’s not a fool ! Hes got it 30 k battles under his belt ! But then so do I game on

Edited by markynocarpy, 01 May 2020 - 11:51 PM.

VsUK #10 Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles

View Post_Carpaccio_, on 01 May 2020 - 10:40 PM, said:

Thats what I said basically. Till the lats patch low tiers had Low HP, and you cant really expect people on these tiers to have skills, unless they are seal clubbers..

Yeah, XVM allows you to see who do that based on how many games they've played. I've seen players with over 80K games & a win rate of 62% running around in a tier 4 tank firing premium rounds. I mean it's just wrong personally. I don't think premium rounds should exist period. Because you can get the drop on an enemy tank, position yourself so the only part exposed, they repeatedly bounce shots off & for them to get a better shot, they expose their soft parts. I experianced this in my T-44 i'm trying to grind. Had the better tactical play, superior tank & angled so every shot bounced. Then after the 4 shot, he or she switched to APCR & every shot penned, which turned my strong positional play into an easy exp farm for a wallet warrior. But I don't thing WG will remove it because some people enjoy paying to win. But I do think it shouldn't be available for tanks lower than tier 7 personally. Because better players who go seal clubbing in lower tiers to boost their stats use it & new, inexperienced players don't stand a chance. But I also found out, BOT's now fire premium rounds at you if they bounce a shot. So now WG want to make life as difficult as possible even at the start.

_Carpaccio_ #11 Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38952 battles

I mean, I am not the best WoT player or something, but as I said, ever since I started to learn game mechanics I kinda rufesed to play tier lower than 5 which I consider a step between low and mid tiers. 

But after latest patch .. just F it.. I will buy some tiers 2-4. I love PZ II, Matilda II, Japanese Chi-Ha, m14/40/41, all these old style early war tanks, 

I made this post.. I mean I was serious when I said I dont support seal clubbing. But.. maybe I can play any tier I want as its how this game works, and many famous WW2 tanks are on low tier.. and theres nothing you can do about that.

Bulldog_Drummond #12 Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35797 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View Post_Carpaccio_, on 01 May 2020 - 10:57 PM, said:

I mean, I am not the best WoT player or something, but as I said, ever since I started to learn game mechanics I kinda rufesed to play tier lower than 5 which I consider a step between low and mid tiers. 

But after latest patch .. just F it.. I will buy some tiers 2-4. I love PZ II, Matilda II, Japanese Chi-Ha, m14/40/41, all these old style early war tanks, 

I made this post.. I mean I was serious when I said I dont support seal clubbing. But.. maybe I can play any tier I want as its how this game works, and many famous WW2 tanks are on low tier.. and theres nothing you can do about that.

May I commend the Valentine as an historical tank which saw far more action than the Matilda?

It was very good at Tier IV.

Now it has been moved to Tier III it is remarkable.

_Carpaccio_ #13 Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38952 battles

kk, Now I will really buy low tiers back. No matter how bad it may be, I deserve to have fun even if it means killing new players.. no matter how bad it sounds..

I just wish that WG made gun marks also for tiers 2-4, now only for tier5 +. You know, gun marks can make you feel good :D

Ntec5 #14 Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:05 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3465 battles
I personally cant stand low tiers. Everyone is running arround like a headless chicken with autocannons. I did buy Hetzer recently tho as that was my first ever tier 4 (because world of tanks, so tank destroyers must be good right?) Ofc was a noob and never played it with the 105 so wanted to see what its like. I take it out for a daily double but it does feel dirty, at least untill I see that the Matilda I derped is a 20-40 k scumbag with a few k battles in it.

My 2nd tier 4 was dw2 and almost made me quit the game (no money for gold ammo as a new player).

Bulldog_Drummond #15 Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35797 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostNtec5, on 01 May 2020 - 11:05 PM, said:

I personally cant stand low tiers. Everyone is running arround like a headless chicken with autocannons. I did buy Hetzer recently tho as that was my first ever tier 4 (because world of tanks, so tank destroyers must be good right?) Ofc was a noob and never played it with the 105 so wanted to see what its like. I take it out for a daily double but it does feel dirty, at least untill I see that the Matilda I derped is a 20-40 k scumbag with a few k battles in it.

My 2nd tier 4 was dw2 and almost made me quit the game (no money for gold ammo as a new player).

The generally despised DW2 (aka the Douchewagen) is in my opinion the single most OP tank in the game if you play it to its strengths

I can say this confident in the knowledge that I have done better in it than 99% of other DW2 players

chessstud #16 Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:23 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19225 battles
I play some low tiers now and again. I like to train up crews with 6th sense before moving up to tier 6/7. However, when you see people with 13000 games in a t67, it is obvious they are just horrible players who are actively damaging the game.

_Carpaccio_ #17 Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38952 battles

Also: Should Kinuyo Nishi open this thread, I have something for you. Unless you already saw it.

Edited by _Carpaccio_, 02 May 2020 - 12:25 AM.

Bulldog_Drummond #18 Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35797 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View Postchessstud, on 01 May 2020 - 11:23 PM, said:

I play some low tiers now and again. I like to train up crews with 6th sense before moving up to tier 6/7. However, when you see people with 13000 games in a t67, it is obvious they are just horrible players who are actively damaging the game.

Why would they be damaging the game more than a player with 5 games in a T67?

As for "horrible" it wasn't entirely clear from the context whether you meant incompetent or nefarious.

chessstud #19 Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:34 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19225 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 01 May 2020 - 11:27 PM, said:

Why would they be damaging the game more than a player with 5 games in a T67?

As for "horrible" it wasn't entirely clear from the context whether you meant incompetent or nefarious.

It's horrible in the sense of nefarious. People like you with thousands of games at tier 3 and 5 ruin the game for new players. Imagine a tier 5 game consisting of tier 4 and 5. The new players probably have like 75% crews and are new to the game facing people like you with 6 crew skills in the tank. That is simply unfair and puts new players off, which is damaging the game.

_Carpaccio_ #20 Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38952 battles

Players with XY amount of games in most notorious seal clubbing machines, are just.. well seal clubbers. T67 is one of these vehicles. On tier 2 its some US LT with daka daka autocannon and strange armor than can bounce a lot - dont know the name of the tank tho.

When I said I was thinking about buying some low tiers to my garage I really ment the vehicles I like historically, even if they arent the "proper sealclubbing tank". Pz II with its autocannon, Matilda II queen of the desert, Chi-Ha - very good tank for its time, Shinhoto Chi-Ha even better with its high velocity gun. PZ III, Despite its 50 mm cannon (later version, during french invasion for examp), which wasnt the best, PZ III was one of the best early war tanks as - tank is not only about armor and firepower. PZ III had very good space for its crew and was quite comfortable, and just look as some videos or read something about it.

As I said again and again, my only problem before the last patch was extremely low HP of low tiers in this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users