Jump to content


wn8 rating and Spotting damage

wn8 skill Player rating

  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

In_memory_of_Bud_Spencer #21 Posted 03 May 2020 - 11:50 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23545 battles
  • 1,029
  • [-V-A-] -V-A-
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 03 May 2020 - 11:44 AM, said:

 

I'd go as far to say that solo win rate is the only relevant stat in random battles, as it shows how well you adapt and position and help your teams.

 

Solo, yes. In platoons, no. (Best example is the wife of QB. Red WN8, blue winrate because she always played with friends of him which are unicums.) But how to see the solo winrate?



Private_Miros #22 Posted 03 May 2020 - 11:56 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29730 battles
  • 11,841
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostIn_memory_of_Bud_Spencer, on 03 May 2020 - 10:50 AM, said:

 

Solo, yes. In platoons, no. (Best example is the wife of QB. Red WN8, blue winrate because she always played with friends of him which are unicums.) But how to see the solo winrate?

 

At this time not possible. But WN8 is actually quite good in correlating with WR in the end, and you have worse WN8 while platooning with good players (less damage available for yourself). It also depends on the tier. With my 2.5k I don't think I can do much more than 54% in tier 10, but that easily goes up to near 60 by tier 7 and higher in lower tiers.

 

Before my break it was around 3k WN8 for 57-58% solo win rate. Now it's 2.5k for 55-56% overall. I just know because I have logged all my battles at two instances (current log is 634 battles - though the last update in my thread is at 500).



Slyspy #23 Posted 03 May 2020 - 12:06 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 15422 battles
  • 18,139
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 03 May 2020 - 11:56 AM, said:

 

At this time not possible. But WN8 is actually quite good in correlating with WR in the end, and you have worse WN8 while platooning with good players (less damage available for yourself). It also depends on the tier. With my 2.5k I don't think I can do much more than 54% in tier 10, but that easily goes up to near 60 by tier 7 and higher in lower tiers.

 

Before my break it was around 3k WN8 for 57-58% solo win rate. Now it's 2.5k for 55-56% overall. I just know because I have logged all my battles at two instances (current log is 634 battles - though the last update in my thread is at 500).

 

I wish my return to the game had gone so smoothly!



iuytr #24 Posted 03 May 2020 - 12:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13707 battles
  • 777
  • Member since:
    06-04-2015

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 03 May 2020 - 11:44 AM, said:

 

Win rate is meaningless for small sample sizes, but once over 100 it starts to become reliable in most circumstances and only improves in accuracy.
The more you damage (own or assisted), spot, block, and the better your decisions, the more you'll win.

 

I'd go as far to say that solo win rate is the only relevant stat in random battles, as it shows how well you adapt and position and help your teams.

 

I do see what you mean, but I think 100 is way too low. You probably haven't even got a 100% crew by then, unless you've spent gold to get them.

 

I look at the MoE % figure much more as that includes assisted damage. It can be quite different, especially for lights. Eg Wn8 is 530 and the MoE is 79% in the Leopard.


Edited by iuytr, 03 May 2020 - 12:11 PM.


Private_Miros #25 Posted 03 May 2020 - 12:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29730 battles
  • 11,841
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View Postiuytr, on 03 May 2020 - 11:11 AM, said:

 

I do see what you mean, but I think 100 is way too low. You probably haven't even got a 100% crew by then, unless you've spent gold to get them.

 

I look at the MoE % figure much more as that includes assisted damage. It can be quite different, especially for lights. Eg Wn8 is 530 and the MoE is 79% in the Leopard.

 

75% - 100% goes incredibly fast. You should have a one skill crew by 100.

 

xp (base) is another measure that I find superior to any user made - per tank.

 

Your (tier 5) Leopard is at 74.1% Your overall WN8 in the tank might be 530, but the MoE only takes into account the last 14 days. So your recent performance might be better. Regardless, the Leopard only has very low expected values. I'm at 81.5% with 44 battles (meaning I can go afk for a bunch of battles and still have better performance than someone with 74.1% over a larger amount of battles). People have three marked it in less than 30 battles. In that sense MoE is a relevant measure as well, but again, close correlation with WN8.


Edited by Private_Miros, 03 May 2020 - 12:23 PM.


OldFartPhil #26 Posted 03 May 2020 - 01:32 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 29190 battles
  • 20
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View Postshikaka9, on 02 May 2020 - 08:49 AM, said:

becuase spotting is not skill

LOOOOL ,something that when done right helps the team win isn't skill LOOOL

12:39 Added after 7 minute

View PostDis4ster, on 02 May 2020 - 01:40 AM, said:

And what do you expect from that? Do you really think that your E-PP would grow a bit because of your 700 average spotting damage with a T10 LT?

Its just another stat that would be added to the expected values of the WN8 formular and those values are the average of all players combined so if everyone gets more assisted damage than you, the amount of WN8 you get will be less than all the other players.

I don't know how you are spotting but i guess its suicidal, right at the sart of the battle you drive towards the enemy spawn and exchange all your HP for 10-20 sec of spotting time in which your few faster temmates, who could follow your light tank close enough, could hit the enemies a few times.

 

Btw. your average damage taken is on all of your LTs almost the same as their HP pool, that means you get destroyed in almost all of your battles with light tanks, have you ever realized that? When is the time for a change, at 50k battles played?

I passive spot which is the correct way to spot effectively . Someone I know got 8k spotting damage and only got 128 wn8 rating for the battle , now if that wasn't helping the team and assisting the win then i give up . All you have to do to get  a good wn8 rating is to camp at the back in a bush and keep hitting the enemy , as long as you cause damage with your hits you will score a high wn8 rating . If that's a fair way of rating how good a player is then I'm a monkeys uncle .........



jabster #27 Posted 03 May 2020 - 01:45 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12855 battles
  • 28,148
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostSlyspy, on 03 May 2020 - 11:06 AM, said:

 

I wish my return to the game had gone so smoothly!

WG has probably singled you out to get bad teams. Embrace the feels, embrace the feels

 



CmdRatScabies #28 Posted 03 May 2020 - 03:00 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 39085 battles
  • 6,454
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostOldFartPhil, on 03 May 2020 - 01:32 PM, said:

I passive spot which is the correct way to spot effectively . Someone I know got 8k spotting damage and only got 128 wn8 rating for the battle , now if that wasn't helping the team and assisting the win then i give up . 

If you had a 60% win rate you'd have a point.  But............



Private_Miros #29 Posted 03 May 2020 - 03:06 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29730 battles
  • 11,841
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostOldFartPhil, on 03 May 2020 - 12:32 PM, said:

Someone I know got 8k spotting damage and only got 128 wn8 rating for the battle

 

One battle isn't statistics.


Edited by Private_Miros, 03 May 2020 - 03:06 PM.


OofBerry #30 Posted 03 May 2020 - 03:10 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 23018 battles
  • 188
  • Member since:
    05-27-2015
Thats because lights are capable to do damage. Thats why its so easy to farm wn8 in lights, because their expected damage is low.

Edited by OofBerry, 03 May 2020 - 03:11 PM.


barison1 #31 Posted 03 May 2020 - 03:36 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 47199 battles
  • 3,014
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View PostOldFartPhil, on 03 May 2020 - 01:32 PM, said:

 

I passive spot which is the correct way to spot effectively . Someone I know got 8k spotting damage and only got 128 wn8 rating for the battle , now if that wasn't helping the team and assisting the win then i give up . All you have to do to get  a good wn8 rating is to camp at the back in a bush and keep hitting the enemy , as long as you cause damage with your hits you will score a high wn8 rating . If that's a fair way of rating how good a player is then I'm a monkeys uncle .........

lights have low expected dmg values which makes doing any dmg stack up wn8 pretty fast, kinda compensation for the spotting they do

 

any good player will have both good assistance and decent ammount of dmg in their lights which would correlate pretty solid with their avg stats. besides bunch LT have pretty decent guns and not using them is a total waste, you wont win alot if plain focussing on (passive) spotting


Edited by barison1, 03 May 2020 - 03:39 PM.


iuytr #32 Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13707 battles
  • 777
  • Member since:
    06-04-2015

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 03 May 2020 - 12:22 PM, said:

the MoE only takes into account the last 14 days. 

 

Not my understanding from this article.

 

https://www.13disciple.stream/how-moe-work.html



Private_Miros #33 Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29730 battles
  • 11,841
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View Postiuytr, on 03 May 2020 - 03:51 PM, said:

 

Not my understanding from this article.

 

https://www.13disciple.stream/how-moe-work.html

 

It is my understanding from the article. It looks at your 100 last battles and looks at the server average for 100 battles in the last 14 days.



CmdRatScabies #34 Posted 03 May 2020 - 05:12 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 39085 battles
  • 6,454
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 03 May 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

 

It is my understanding from the article. It looks at your 100 last battles and looks at the server average for 100 battles in the last 14 days.

They don't actually look at the last 100 battles.  They use a moving average that weights the last game higher - that way they only have to store one value but the formula uses 100 as a divisor so optimises around 100 battles.







Also tagged with wn8, skill, Player rating

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users