The truth about the EBR 75 (FL10)

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Henk_die_oorwinar #1 Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26833 battles
  • [1WJ] 1WJ

The EBR and the entire wheeled vehicle line is loads of fun to play, but in no way OP at all. If anything they are underpowered. BUT! And here is the big but(t): what they have done is cast a very sharp and focused light on just how much WGing riggs certain player's RNG. As all of us have played against wheeled vehicles that are simply bullet proof... and I do mena bullet proof, as all of you know, you shoot them and miss, when you do hit, it either bounces of a light!!! or is just a crit hit. 

As I will show you with the stats, this is only the truth when you play against a wheeled vehicle, NOT when you play it yourself.

I am a thoroughly average player, the EBR will be played most by the: average player. So my stats should roughly show what you can expect if you buy this tank and also what the average EBR should do in a game. 

This morning I have compiled the stats after ten games for your perusal... please peruse away. 

In then games:

107 shots fired - 36 pen = 36% pen 

107 shots fired - 7726 dmg = 72dmg per shot/ 214 per pen shot

7726dmg = 773 dmg per game(this is scary bad. I do more with a tier 6 light)

6066spotting = 606per game

hits recieved 38

hits that penned 31 = 81% pen by enemy.

As I said, I am the average player, this is what the EBR actually does on the battle field, clearly it is not only not OP, it is not a good tier 8 light tank.

When WGing puts it in the hands of players that already are given beter RNG it becomes a monster of a tank and people think: this is the tank that is going to make me money and bring up the winrate. Players that are givem beter RNG serve as an advertisement for WGing products. 

Wheeled vehicles are not OP, WGing giving players beter RNG makes Wheeled Vehicles, but also all vehicles, OP.

If you are looking for fun, get an EBR, If you are looking to win more games, chat-up a dev.

Okay, of to go hurl some love at arties!

11:45 Added after 3 minute

Oooh I forgot. 

I run:

Food

Bino

Stabd

Vents

3 skill crew:

Bia

recon

situationual awareness 

snap shot

smooth ride

off road driving

repairs

still have to get cammo.

FrantisekBascovansky #2 Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42357 battles

View PostHenk_die_oorwinar, on 02 May 2020 - 12:41 PM, said:

Oooh I forgot. 

I run:

Food

Bino

Stabd

Vents

3 skill crew:

Bia

recon

situationual awareness 

snap shot

smooth ride

off road driving

repairs

still have to get cammo.

Are you sure about binos?

IAmBrexit #3 Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17560 battles

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 02 May 2020 - 11:51 AM, said:

An EBR driver that sits in a bush with binos, nothing worse 

evilchaosmonkey #4 Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18891 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View PostIAmBrexit, on 02 May 2020 - 11:54 AM, said:

An EBR driver that sits in a bush with binos, nothing worse 

Yeah there is, with spall liner to slow it down.

shikaka9 #5 Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 78403 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
finally the truth

evilchaosmonkey #6 Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18891 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

Not sure what OP expects.

Part, and perhaps the major job, of an EBR is to harass the enemy I thought.

This has two consequences:

- cause confusion and a cessation of fire on your team as the enemy attempt to dispatch you, often with little success if you know how to bob and weave

- cause rage and increased frustration in the enemy causing them to play worse

Never thought of it much as a damage dealer nor primarily a spotter.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36967 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

hits recieved 38

hits that penned 31 = 81% pen by enemy.

Use of the A and D key now and then would help with that. :)

arthurwellsley #8 Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55914 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

tier VI Panhard AMD 178B - pretty weak tier VI

tier VII Hotchkis EBR - crippled by rear turret. Not very strong in tier.

tier VIII - Panhard AML Lynx 6x6 - pretty average in tier.

tier VIII Premium - Decent in pub games, strong in Front line bordering on over powered there principally due to increased map size where it has room to play to it's strengths.

tier IX - Panhard EBR 90. - I am not yet at 100 games in this vehicle so I reserve judgement.

tier X - Panhard EBR 105 - I have not played it yet. But given it is a necessity in Clan Wars teams I am assuming that it is strong in tier X.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 02 May 2020 - 01:11 PM.

Private_Miros #9 Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28747 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostHenk_die_oorwinar, on 02 May 2020 - 11:41 AM, said:

I run:

Bino

Hahahahahahahaha.

Edited by Private_Miros, 02 May 2020 - 01:17 PM.

FluffyRedFox #10 Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:15 PM

General

• Player
  • 26294 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

View PostHenk_die_oorwinar, on 02 May 2020 - 11:41 AM, said:

I run:

Food

Bino

Stabd

Vents

[[[concern]]]

wsatnutter #11 Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27401 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 02 May 2020 - 12:05 PM, said:

I laughed

Erwin_Von_Braun #12 Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45749 battles

View Postshikaka9, on 02 May 2020 - 11:57 AM, said:

finally the truth

Which truth?

Your truth?

My truth?

Someone else's truth?

Richthoffen #13 Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32725 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

well i don't think they are overpowered, they are just so annoying in every match.

most tanks cant get out of the cap these days without some yolo wheelie spotting them and disrupting deployment from the first minute while getting away with a lot of critical hits that are in no way critical enough, if a shell hits a track your tank can't move anymore yet the same shell hitting a wheel makes them bleed 1-2% speed exempt for the lower tiers, they seem to bleed more speed then the higher tier ones.

KillingJoker #14 Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43456 battles

The only truth about EBR's is the following:

despite being fun tanks to play: they are not exactly easy to play... it requires some finess or if you want... composure to be a very good wheeled player

the same inteligence you are required for other light tanks you need for an EBR, but you need that same inteligence faster as the tank as way more faster ratio of decisions to make

some idiots think EBR's are meant to go in front of the enemy running in circles and making them miss shots... those are purely idiots

what makes the EBRs being complained all the time, is that occasionally you see them in hands of great players, and an EBR in a hand of a great player is enough to disrupt an entire team in certain maps while not driving in front of them like absolute idiots

YES... the very good EBR player ,won't need to expose him self in front of the enemy like a muppet... the very good EBR player will wreak the enemies without even being seen...

And the funny thing is... most annoyance people find about EBR's is not their camorating... is not their mobility, is the fact that dumb EBR players just go in front of their tanks and they still miss to hit them... creating this stupid flavor or meta that under average players just think to be the way in how EBR's should work.

Henk_die_oorwinar #15 Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26833 battles
  • [1WJ] 1WJ

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 02 May 2020 - 12:51 PM, said:

My bad, I use coated optics, binos are not an option on the EBR, got confused with the two.

12:49 Added after 1 minute

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 02 May 2020 - 01:05 PM, said:

Not when WGing increase your chance to be hit. You can bop and weave all you like. WGing controls when you are hit and when not. 

Sadly for me, it is more when then not. 

Henk_die_oorwinar #16 Posted 02 May 2020 - 02:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26833 battles
  • [1WJ] 1WJ

View PostKillingJoker, on 02 May 2020 - 01:45 PM, said:

despite being fun tanks to play: they are not exactly easy to play... it requires some finess or if you want... composure to be a very good wheeled player

the same inteligence you are required for other light tanks you need for an EBR, but you need that same inteligence faster as the tank as way more faster ratio of decisions to make

some idiots think EBR's are meant to go in front of the enemy running in circles and making them miss shots... those are purely idiots

what makes the EBRs being complained all the time, is that occasionally you see them in hands of great players, and an EBR in a hand of a great player is enough to disrupt an entire team in certain maps while not driving in front of them like absolute idiots

YES... the very good EBR player ,won't need to expose him self in front of the enemy like a muppet... the very good EBR player will wreak the enemies without even being seen...

And the funny thing is... most annoyance people find about EBR's is not their camorating... is not their mobility, is the fact that dumb EBR players just go in front of their tanks and they still miss to hit them... creating this stupid flavor or meta that under average players just think to be the way in how EBR's should work.

What you say here is true for every single tank in the game. 

What I am saying is that I doubt very much if there are really great players. If is see how heavily my games are rigged for losses and under performance, it brings the stats of "great" players into serious question. 

When I shoot at wheeled tanks, I either miss or do no dmg to them. When I play wheeled vehicles, as you can see from my stats, I am penned 81% of the time. 

So what holds true for some players does not hold true for others. 

This is why some players do exceedingly well, while others do not. If you are allowed to drive around, bouncing shots, hitting all your own... then yes, your stats ate goong to be great.

On the other hand, when 81%of the shots that hit you do dmg to you and you are only allowed to do dmg on 36% of your own shots... well then yes your stats will look like mine. 

All in all, the EBR is a load of fun, but it serves as a very stark illustration of just how much this game is rigged for certain players to do well. 

Bigtime_Alarm #17 Posted 02 May 2020 - 02:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24087 battles

So what holds true for some players does not hold true for others. 

Welcome to WOT 

Henk_die_oorwinar #18 Posted 02 May 2020 - 02:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26833 battles
  • [1WJ] 1WJ

View PostKillingJoker, on 02 May 2020 - 01:45 PM, said:

Sorry I forgot to add that I agree with you, Wheeld vehicle players and their team mates seem to think that if they are not dead within the first 2 min of the game, they just are not doing there bit. 

I do not think this and try not to play this way... but as you can see, with not much success.

What I must also admit is that I am currently on a dip in my winrate/RNG cycle, tomorrow or the day after when WGing switches me back to wins and beter RNG, my stats will also improve, but again, this is true for all my tanks, not just the beloved EBR. 

Man this thank is fun! 

PenHard #19 Posted 02 May 2020 - 02:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2047 battles

The EBR and the entire wheeled vehicle line is loads of fun to play, but in no way OP at all. If anything they are underpowered. BUT! And here is the big but(t): what they have done is cast a very sharp and focused light on just how much WGing riggs certain player's RNG. As all of us have played against wheeled vehicles that are simply bullet proof... and I do mena bullet proof, as all of you know, you shoot them and miss, when you do hit, it either bounces of a light!!! or is just a crit hit. 

Thank you for standing up to the truth! the line is not OP and is just different.

The players jsut need to adapt and stop bitching.

Ragoutrabbit #20 Posted 02 May 2020 - 02:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11612 battles
EBR are filth as is any person playing them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users