Double barrel tanks buff perhaps?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

iraqxlol #1 Posted 02 May 2020 - 09:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3684 battles

Hi.

Lately i unlocked my second Tier 10 tank, Which is ST-II. Now perhaps i can put some thoughts on these bad boys.

First things first, I'm not a great player and neither i have a lot of battles only 3000ish.

I liked these tanks a LOT, Their stock grinds is by far one of the best, even the stock IS-2-II was great, 85mm is not great but not bad either, which is good? because stock tanks are  usually painful to grind through, I did use my free xp to get 100mm on IS-2-II but not cause it was bad, just cause i wanted to double shot people into oblivion with 600 alpha at tier 8 with a heavy tank, And boy that sound was great.

IS-3-II is by far the best stock tank I've ever had, that 100mm from tier 8 doesn't lack penetration even against tier 9 or 10, had games where i whooped tier 10's butts when hull down

The turret is no joke even tier 10 gold ammo will have trouble going through it, the hull was decent at the best, I hate pike nose tanks, sidescraping those things is almost always a bad idea.

ST-2 on the other hand, Till now it is a charm, the penetration is great but the  armor is not that great, But till now I bounced loads of shells both gold and standard (mostly turret).

double shot with this thing is music to my ears, The sound is just so goooood.

I don't use any type of gold ammo, till now I never fired a single gold round in IS-2-II or ST-2 and only once fired a single shell in IS-3-II, Simply because I'm broke.

Even though i got ST-2 yesterday, I reached purple WN8 (last 24h) which is magnificent milestone for me, Here is the link https://tanks.gg/eu/iraqxlol

All though I've seen alot of players complaining about them not being good at all, I do agree with them a bit.

The bad about them.

Their armor profile is that of a tank that is a tier lower with minor buffs (No buff needed though)

IS-2-II has same body as Chinese IS-2 and IS-2 shielded, I learned that the hard way, Don't expect hull to block rounds from 2 tier lower tanks, Sidescraping with IS-2-II And IS-3-II is decent at the best. (not sure about ST-2 yet)

IS-3-II is glorified IS-3 with 30?mm of extra hull armor, don't expect to hull to bounce shells.

Used both of these as second line heavy tanks and rarely brawl against tanks lower tier tanks that i know have little chance to penetrate my hull armor or I'm in hulldown position.

The IS-3-II 122mm cannon is not great but it is good, The only minor issue i have with it, Is the reload between each shot, 5 seconds is WAY too much, had plenty of enemies that reversed faster then i could fire my second shots, Mostly mediums and sometimes heavies, Which in my opinion neglects big part of my tank. 

You would say why not double shot them, because 2 reasons. First it is not always safe thing to do, specially when 2 tanks are present, Secondly i need to expose myself for 2 seconds which is enough time to be shot and sent to the garage.

ST-2 on the other hand,

Till now the only big problem is 5 seconds reload between each shot, Which too much time between each shell, and i have 2 barrels not autoloader, which is weird, what does the gunner need 5 seconds for? it is not like waiting for the next shot to be chambered, You have it loaded already.

Not to mention whenever I have single shell chambered, Shooting will cancel the reload for the other shell which greatly decreases my dpm, That's really puts me on bad situation against tanks that go full YOLO (As i don't know what to do in most cases, Should i wait till second shell is loaded? or shot him and have my timer repeated)

Tl;dr.

IS-2-2 and IS-3-II in my opinion doesn't really need a buff, maybe IS-3 just lower reload between each shell to 4 seconds or 3.5 seconds for 122mm cannon

ST-2 on the other hand, Really needs to lower the time between each shell, to 4 or even 3.5 seconds, Because 5 seconds is way too long for any tank to escape.

ST-2: decrease reload between shells to 4 or 3.5 seconds (i would say 4 is more balanced)

ST-2: (Questionable, Most likely overpowered buff)  Decrease time for double shot to 1.5 seconds? (again this seems overpowered)

ST-2: (Also questionable) But since there are two loader, why does shooting with one shell cancels the reload of the other? (I really don't know how to phrase it, But what i mean can you remove that thing?)

Hope you understand what i meant, Because my English is broken and my puncuation is worse.

VsUK #2 Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles

I don't know but I'm sick of seeing fictional tanks being introduced to make Russian tech tree superior. 

But just for balance seeing as we're seeing fictional double barrel Russian tanks. How about introducing the German double barrelled Versuchstrager 1-1 TD & the improved 1-2 version. Or the Gefechtsfeldversuchträger GVT 04. 

I don't think we will see any other nation gain new tanks that compete toe to toe with the Russian tanks. But it's no surprise really considering where this game is developed! 

iraqxlol #3 Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3684 battles

View PostVsUK, on 02 May 2020 - 10:27 PM, said:

I don't know but I'm sick of seeing fictional tanks being introduced to make Russian tech tree superior. 

But just for balance seeing as we're seeing fictional double barrel Russian tanks. How about introducing the German double barrelled Versuchstrager 1-1 TD & the improved 1-2 version. Or the Gefechtsfeldversuchträger GVT 04. 

I don't think we will see any other nation gain new tanks that compete toe to toe with the Russian tanks. But it's no surprise really considering where this game is developed! 

I don't really care about realism or if the tank existed or not, If it is unique and not good i want it.

qpranger #4 Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
Yes, buff double barrels to triple barrels.

Dava_117 #5 Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• 24256 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
To be fair, the only thing I miss on ST-2 is that stripe of armour behind the mantlet that ST-1 has. The turret is not as reliable due to that. Everything else is fine, and I had lots of fun playing them.

leggasiini #6 Posted 02 May 2020 - 11:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18599 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I'd fix the title to just "ST-II" instead of referring to the all of the double barrels. Tier 8 is decent, tier 8 prem is broken and tier 9 is really good, those don't really need a buff. I don't have the ST-II yet, but from my experience on test server and looking at it's stats, I can't see it being anyhow a decent tank. I've also heard pretty bad things about it from people who actually have it, so yeah. It seems like either a bad 60TP or bad IS-4 (once it gets buffed), depending on its firing mode.

Need to get the ST-II first by myself but it does seem like a pretty sh*t tank, tbh.

wEight_Tanker #7 Posted 02 May 2020 - 11:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13039 battles
  • [D_L_Z] D_L_Z
I'm still at the Tier VIII and honestly, I haven't found a flaw. I would only boost the average damage on the top gun up by 40 HP.

iraqxlol #8 Posted 02 May 2020 - 11:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3684 battles

View Postleggasiini, on 02 May 2020 - 11:01 PM, said:

I'd fix the title to just "ST-II" instead of referring to the all of the double barrels. Tier 8 is decent, tier 8 prem is broken and tier 9 is really good, those don't really need a buff. I don't have the ST-II yet, but from my experience on test server and looking at it's stats, I can't see it being anyhow a decent tank. I've also heard pretty bad things about it from people who actually have it, so yeah. It seems like either a bad 60TP or bad IS-4 (once it gets buffed), depending on its firing mode.

Need to get the ST-II first by myself but it does seem like a pretty sh*t tank, tbh.

Till now, i actually found ST-II to be the best of them, I don't know how but i'm just doing better then previous once.

And yes as i said, The others don't need a buff really  perhaps only decrease the time between each shell (for IS-3-II 122), But it was not a must.

Plus i sold IS-3-II just to buy ST-2 nothing else.

Edited by iraqxlol, 02 May 2020 - 11:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users