Only same tier Matchmaking

mm balance

• This topic is locked This is a poll-only topic
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Only same tier MM (34 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

would you like to see only same tier MM

1. yes (15 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. no (18 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

Vote Hide poll

Sinner_wrath #1 Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33742 battles

I want to see how many would support only same tier MM, because I honestly believe it will solve a large portion of the balance issues in this game, and maybe if we get an overwhelming result, maybe just maybe we can get wargaming to at least test same tier MM only.

My argument for this is:

1. the current meta of the game with the addition of so many overpowered tanks makes playing +mm especially +2 mm just ridiculous, tier 6 tanks have no business playing against defenders and lt-432, or tier 8s against obj 279e, and the list goes on.

2.gold ammo, let us be realistic a majority of gold spamming is due to +mm, you really don't have much of a choice when you are playing against tanks +2 tiers higher than you and not to use gold, so players get into the habit of automatically switching to gold, same tier MM will significantly reduce this.

3. stock tanks, I mean seriously, module research is a grind, so a player in a stock tank is at a severe disadvantage, so this +2 mm is more like +3 and +4.

4.one sided wins, due largely to one team having better top tier players who end up simply bullying their way to a land slide victory, and I cannot stress how important it is to stop this, just look at the forums and the amount of players especially new players complaining about this is significant. same tier MM will without a doubt in my mind lower this drastically, good players will still be able to influence the outcome but not to the ridiculous degree it is now.

5. the majority removal of low tier tanks, and addition of blueprints, new players now move up the tech tree much faster, and having them suddenly face of against players at higher tiers who have experience, exceptional crews, and fully equipped tanks is going to deter many new comers from playing on, this is magnified with +MM.

6. the removal of most low tiers means most games will be for higher tiers, lowering the waiting times for entering battles, which I believe was wargaming's main argument against same tier MM. I also think the majority of us are willing to accept a bit more waiting time if it means the removal of +MM.

7. implementing the reduced damage for gold rounds, is just punishing players who get into +mm, again the main reason players switch to gold, giving advantage to players lucky enough to be top tier, I mean seriously how has no one in wargaming noticed how frustrating this would be and how it will repulse the player base. I MEAN WTH.

8. same tier MM is one of the main reasons frontline is popular, players enjoy balanced gameplay, WE ENJOY BALANCED GAMEPLAY, UNDERSTAND THIS ALREADY.

All I want is if a majority of players actually vote on this and it is overwhelming for same tier MM, can wargaming at least just try it in the test servers for the love of god. however if the votes are against then fine.

Edited by Homer_J, 04 May 2020 - 05:29 PM.
Made poll only

Long_Range_Sniper #2 Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 40766 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSinner_wrath, on 04 May 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

I want to see how many would support only same tier MM

My Defender, Progetto 46, 13 57 GF, Standard B etc etc say great idea!

4.one sided wins, due largely to one team having better top tier players 

So you want skill based matchmaking as well?

8. same tier MM is one of the main reasons frontline is popular, players enjoy balanced gameplay, WE ENJOY BALANCED GAMEPLAY, UNDERSTAND THIS ALREADY.ver if the votes are against then fine.

Because Frontlines is full of Tiger 2's TVP's, O'Ni's and T32's isn't it.

VeryRisky #3 Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:51 PM

General

• Player
  • 18894 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

No.

It makes it boring if a tank sees the same MM every game.   And my most memorable games are generally where I wasn't top tier and still dug out a good result.

Sinner_wrath #4 Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33742 battles

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 04 May 2020 - 04:44 PM, said:

So you want skill based matchmaking as well?

never said that, my argument is that skilled players will not have such a significant impact in same tier mm, leading to much fewer one sided victories unlike in +mm

Balc0ra #5 Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77184 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
My argument is that until WG fixes equal tier balance on tier 8. It won't make much of a difference. Since half the HTs can't pen the other half they face. My IS-6 or T32 has a bigger chance on some of the tier 9 HTs like the T-10 or M103 vs the super heavy meta tier 8's.

Edited by Balc0ra, 04 May 2020 - 04:55 PM.

Sinner_wrath #6 Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33742 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 04 May 2020 - 04:55 PM, said:

My argument is that until WG fixes equal tier balance on tier 8. It won't make much of a difference. Since half the HTs can't pen the other half they face. My IS-6 or T32 has a bigger chance on some of the tier 9 HTs like the T-10 or M103 vs the super heavy meta tier 8's.

ok fair enough, also are you saying that you don't mind playing against those super heavy meta tier 8's with your tier 6 & 7 tanks or do you just not play those tiers.

Edited by Sinner_wrath, 04 May 2020 - 05:00 PM.

smokeytheband1t #7 Posted 04 May 2020 - 05:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10850 battles

It doesn't matter what you do to the MM..

The tanks the MM has to choose from are unbalanced.. so whatever the MM decides to pit against each other.. 99% of the time .. it will be horribly balanced with the rare occassion of the MM getting it just right .. because you know

even a broken clock is right twice a day

Edited by smokeytheband1t, 04 May 2020 - 05:02 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #8 Posted 04 May 2020 - 05:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 40766 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSinner_wrath, on 04 May 2020 - 03:52 PM, said:

never said that, my argument is that skilled players will not have such a significant impact in same tier mm, leading to much fewer one sided victories unlike in +mm

Just think that through. The number of skilled players on the server hasn't reduced.

But instead of them having to work harder against higher tiered tanks, they get to use their skill in tanks that are potentially OP for their tier, or just equivalent. 

Think about the impact they would have then?

It's going to be larger.

View PostSinner_wrath, on 04 May 2020 - 03:59 PM, said:

ok fair enough, also are you saying that you don't mind playing against those super heavy meta tier 8's with your tier 6 & 7 tanks or do you just not play those tiers.

I don't mind at all. You get enhanced XP, and that's how you learn to use other tactics and read the situation differently on the minimap. All skills that are useful if you want to learn.

Equally it keeps game queues shorter as MM doesn't have to search far and wide.

Pick a tier V PMM tank now and see how long the queue time is. Imagine how long that would be with a tier V only game.

Your suggestion is an age old solution looking for a problem that doesn't exist.

Private_Miros #9 Posted 04 May 2020 - 05:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28635 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87
I generally have more fun as mid tier than as top tier.

Homer_J #10 Posted 04 May 2020 - 05:31 PM

Field Marshal

• 33857 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I have made the topic poll only.

You can carry on the discussion in the pinned thread.

http://forum.worldof...cussion-thread/

Also tagged with mm, balance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users