• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

The_Naa #1 Posted 04 May 2020 - 05:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11587 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Heyo :)

just done with the first Few games of the mode and im here to drop my thoughts about it.

Tanks. Tank selection for the Russians is nice, nothing more to say about it each if them have nice things and the leveling up is nice.

Germans however have the Collection of Panthers and Tigers in the late game. for difficulty yes i get it, but Still there should be more Pz.IV and most importantly Stug 3's and other TD's that the Germans used. but historical accuracy aside they are fine.

Crew. it breaks my immersion to have a Guy with an American accent yelling things to me. i would have just kept the original Russian Dub. or had a guy with a Russian accent speaking English if it must be English. too bad i cant change the Game language mid game.

Maps. maps are nice, they are basically the regulard Random or FL maps with couple of more things added to them. nothing major and its nice because i dont have to learn to play completely new maps.

Time Limit. i dont like or understand the reasoning behind the Time limit. well maybe to keep some players from camping in a corner and dragging the game on for hours, but other than that i find it difficult to get to the last 2 bosses in time with all the minions in the way and everything is shooting at us.

it usually ends up going like this:

Enemy counter attacks, you have 2-3 minutes to kill the 2 commanding Tigers that instead of attacking decide to camp behind a Building so you need to kill all the Panthers and Pz.IV first and then go to the Tigers that are camping and kill them, and while you are being shot at by multiple tanks, you can only take so many hits before you die, wait for reloads, move to new positions and finaly kill the 2 Tigers while everything is shooting at you and if you die you have to wait 12 seconds and drive to the front again and hope the time has not ran out by that point. and if it does its just PAM game over ''time is up'' what time why is there a time limit? do our crews die out of hunger if we dont kill the enemy in time? do the enemy get something that we are not told about? i would understand if there was somekind of reason that made us lose if we did not do the thing during the few minutes that we had. you cant just say ''ok you have 3 minutes to kill these things that are supposed to be attacking but are camping instead so you have to attack and kill them and if you dont the game will end without any reason.''

it is possible if you put your mind to it and focus fire and coordinate with your team but if the team lacks this i would imagine its going to be really difficult to win, because knowing the regular everyday WoT player they dont want to be the first to push or follow you if you do that.

but ye, other than the ridiculously short time limit the game mode is fun. :)

but if there is some lore behind the time limit do tell. did the Germans develop the Ratte and there for win the war?  or was it there really somekind of thing that made the Soviets lose if they did not do the thing in time?

makes me respect the Soviets even more if there really was something like that.

JontysCorner #2 Posted 04 May 2020 - 05:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12183 battles
It's good fun but, like literally every event ever introduced by WG, ruined by idiots that they dont restrict.

Galan7891 #3 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10399 battles
The time limit is there to punish people that camp .

JontysCorner #4 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12183 battles

View PostGalan7891, on 04 May 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

Which every useless tomato does. All you have to do is stay as a unit and keep firing, it's really that simple but apparently something as simple as 'move forward and kill things' is way too difficult for the vast majority of the player base

wsatnutter #5 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27425 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
was good to toon with you Naa, yes a team that is on comms and pushing paves the way will be on later

Slind #6 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58877 battles

Didn't even finish the first stage in the battle. Why? Me + 4 45% things in the team. If there is something with 46% winrate, it means it can't left click to shoot. Why would it learn to left click against bots? Does it get a sudden wave of intelligence and start understanding the basics of the game after failing for 20 000 battles? Ofcourse not, superstupid is superstupid, doesn't matter if it against bots or humans. So I ask again, why doesn't WG ban all 46% WR things? It obvious they have never played and never will learn to play. To lose against bots in 3 minutes is not something a human can do, or an animal, it takes 46% WR rat pukes.

Nice mode this road to Berlin, ruined by the same things that ruin the random battles.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77299 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostThe_Naa, on 04 May 2020 - 05:55 PM, said:

Crew. it breaks my immersion to have a Guy with an American accent yelling things to me. i would have just kept the original Russian Dub. or had a guy with a Russian accent speaking English if it must be English. too bad i cant change the Game language mid game.

Well to be fair, it's not the crew talking. It's the operation commander.

Time is my only issue with it. I see the point of the time limit. But 4 min for a group of random people to kill 3 King Tigers with tier 6 guns with a Ferdi blocking the way is a... close call at times.

AI is not as insane either. As in blind firing on the move etc. Spotting is a bit off due to the lower view range etc on our tanks along with the close to zero camo. And it seems the bots have more, as I've been spotted when I've had the last target outside the white circle. Tho one thing I've noticed this time vs on Homefront. Is that there they had an end goal line they went mindlessly towards. Here they are holding or attacking vs driving past. So now they stop more, and angle their armor vs the one they are focusing at. As Tigers backing off always stop to adjust the hull before they fire. Making it a bit more tricky on some guns.

Tho the one thing I am wondering is what they are testing this time. As the last time it was mines etc they wanted to see the effects off. They are way less effective here. But I'm wondering if they have any ideas for the incendiary, or what they are testing there if anything.

Edited by Balc0ra, 04 May 2020 - 06:13 PM.

Ragoutrabbit #8 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11658 battles

Mode is the worst they've done yet.

Su-85 and Churchill are near useless, the mediums are meh which leaves only the IS thats viable if you want to win.

Time limit is there to force you to yo-lo into camping auto aim AI that 2-3 shot you.

The_Naa #9 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11587 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBalc0ra, on 04 May 2020 - 06:13 PM, said:

Well to be fair, it's not the crew talking. It's the operation commander.

Well i assume its the Crew yelling ''Let them Burn!'' or anything similar when you set the enemy on fire or what not.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77299 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostThe_Naa, on 04 May 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

Well i assume its the Crew yelling ''Let them Burn!'' or anything similar when you set the enemy on fire or what not.

The same voice that says the bombardment is on the way or tells other vital mission info. So I assumed it was the same guy as such. As in some form of mission OP commander.

Tho, just had my first loss with an AI not crossing the red line when defending. So we did not destroy enough targets in time. 3 arty and a Tiger was hiding behind a building outside the area. Tho, only once. Not every other game like the last time.

Edited by Balc0ra, 04 May 2020 - 06:33 PM.

The_Naa #11 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11587 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGalan7891, on 04 May 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

the camping would not matter at all if there were no time limit. players only have X amount of tanks, i did try pushing but it ended up in me being focused by everthing they had and then waiting... and then going back to the front... and then dying… and then waiting… and before i knew it the time was out and there were Still plenty of Panthers to kill and Tigers camping behind buildings.

if only we had time to camp and focus the Panthers first and then when they are gone move up and kill the camping Tigers.

Camping would be the right way to approach the situation with the Panthers good armour, better HP pool and Alpha and the fact there are more of them and you only have 5 tanks at most.

But with the time limit you basically have to do what they call yolo'ing and just try to kill the Tigers and ignore everything else and maybe you can do it.

Galan7891 #12 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10399 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 04 May 2020 - 06:41 PM, said:

the camping would not matter at all if there were no time limit. players only have X amount of tanks, i did try pushing but it ended up in me being focused by everthing they had and then waiting... and then going back to the front... and then dying… and then waiting… and before i knew it the time was out and there were Still plenty of Panthers to kill and Tigers camping behind buildings.

if only we had time to camp and focus the Panthers first and then when they are gone move up and kill the camping Tigers.

Camping would be the right way to approach the situation with the Panthers good armour, better HP pool and Alpha and the fact there are more of them and you only have 5 tanks at most.

But with the time limit you basically have to do what they call yolo'ing and just try to kill the Tigers and ignore everything else and maybe you can do it.

Or you could try attacking as a team.Not that it will always work.But it works sometimes.I mean if people are capable of winning with the event as it is now it can be done ...Though i have to say the quality of the non Ruski tanks at tier 1 is ...lacking.

Edited by Galan7891, 04 May 2020 - 07:00 PM.

sfk75 #13 Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40483 battles
The mode is not good, to be honest, it is broke. It relies on a teamwork, that will not happen very often. You cant do too much alone. The TDs are underpowered. Arty is a joke. Did WG really have to bring arty to a mode, that should be fun???? This is not the fun I expected. Ist just annoying

Galan7891 #14 Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10399 battles

View Postsfk75, on 04 May 2020 - 07:09 PM, said:

The mode is not good, to be honest, it is broke. It relies on a teamwork, that will not happen very often. You cant do too much alone. The TDs are underpowered. Arty is a joke. Did WG really have to bring arty to a mode, that should be fun???? This is not the fun I expected. Ist just annoying

Usually they focus people that are stationary in my experience .

Frarel #15 Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 74080 battles
  • [BRAMI] BRAMI

Do I have something positive to add to this ? .......... Uhhhhhhhh...........  nope.

It is like the first time, very had in the first days. Hope it gets better over time when they tune it.

I got amoracked by a nashorn and a wespe playing in the front line. the timer is there to punish the campers. the leading and accurate bots are there to punnish the pushers.

Last thing. The new map ( past of the fronline map) plying with TD's in offence against jagdpanthers in defence is not possible to win. specialy if you have more SU 85s in your team.

qpranger #16 Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
Can I play arty there?

Frarel #17 Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 74080 battles
  • [BRAMI] BRAMI
they have a Ferdinant and a wespe ..... game over. thanks WG .

Galan7891 #18 Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10399 battles

View PostFrarel, on 04 May 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

they have a Ferdinant and a wespe ..... game over. thanks WG .

Ignore the ferdinant and go around it?Or kill it with your consumables?

The_Naa #19 Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11587 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGalan7891, on 04 May 2020 - 07:43 PM, said:

Ignore the ferdinant and go around it?Or kill it with your consumables?

tried that, it just one shots me so its not worth it and consumables take for ever to load and only do 150 damage or so.

Bulldog_Drummond #20 Posted 04 May 2020 - 08:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35829 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
Having managed so far to avoid all modes and missions apart from a couple of Frontline as an experiment - and that was like watching paint dry - I think I can cheerfully give this latest effort a miss also.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users