Road to [edited]

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

GameDeveloper #1 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 824 battles
  • [BUFU1] BUFU1

Thanks to another [edited] game mode, it's of the same tier of [edited] as WG themselves.

Go ahead, remove this post and block me, that is the only thing you do anyway.

Edited by unhappy__bunny, 04 May 2020 - 06:28 PM.
Removed childish attention seeking use of a very nasty disease

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36967 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Bots kicking your arse are they?

shikaka9 #3 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 78403 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
OP german tanks?

SastusBulbas #4 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:22 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 36727 battles

An appaling title, but Nuklear, regardless if the bots are kicking his rear or not, its what the majority of players in randoms are finding, Pz4 that can accurately hit from accross the map while mosing over undulating terain, accurate arty, and all with higher alpha than you have, in a mode where many ignore commander Tigers that two shot you where your expected to flank except many cant or wont and it can usually end mid way with two of the team left facing 8 Panthers they cannot reliably pen which have higher alpha than you.

The bots have better accuracy ajnd hit ratio's with more HP and higher alpha, regardless of moving or not, so clearly different game mechanics on their guns. We are not allowed arty that good in randoms, and I am pretty sure anyone spending almost 4k gold on boosters to see they dont actually do anything as they wither away on losses will feel the same. Its another grindfest who cares how well it plays will it generate micro transactions gamemode.

unhappy__bunny #5 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:32 PM

Brigadier

• 21149 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-
OK, thread tidied up and re-opened so that players that wish to have a civilised discussion about this game mode can do so.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77203 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

So... what seems to be the issue then? It's more fun then Homefront. You rely less on your team at times. The only enemy you have is time on some stages. It's fun, but as always short fun.

Unless ofc you can't win... As that's the only reason some are raging I suspect.

Sylvansight #7 Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36259 battles
winning doesn't matter too much?
if you get 4 missions but fail the last, you still get most of the progression points?

SastusBulbas #8 Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:01 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 36727 battles

Have you played it much Balcora? In random team battles?

I have played all afternoon, surpassed the 50% discount, only played Churchills as I foolishly bought the boosters that turn out to be pretty ineffective during losses and can only be used with that tank, I have played random teams only, won 2 games only.

The Churchills are horrible, Pz4 have more alpha, better accuracy, well pretty much all the AI accuracy is pretty good with higher pen and alpha than any of the Churchills, Tigers and Ferdis can practically two shot the Churchill VII that deals an appaling amount of damage in comaprison, arty is acurate and consistent, and you are pretty much at the mercy of luck as in a team of five if your not usually able to pull off that 2 versus 8 carry.

Maybe it will improve as players get to grips with it but so far I am seeing many yolo due to the weird double bombardment strike timer and get locked out leaving half the team to fight superior firepower and higher odds with many refusing to simply do what the misson states and take out commanders.

Scabolcz #9 Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18922 battles
I'm more worried about getting bans out of nowhere... Got disconnected from 1 game, the soon as I log in, I was banned, cvouldnt get credits, experience or awards... Wthat the hell is this dictatorship.

Galan7891 #10 Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10291 battles

View PostSastusBulbas, on 04 May 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

I have played all afternoon, surpassed the 50% discount, only played Churchills as I foolishly bought the boosters that turn out to be pretty ineffective during losses and can only be used with that tank, I have played random teams only, won 2 games only.

The Churchills are horrible, Pz4 have more alpha, better accuracy, well pretty much all the AI accuracy is pretty good with higher pen and alpha than any of the Churchills, Tigers and Ferdis can practically two shot the Churchill VII that deals an appaling amount of damage in comaprison, arty is acurate and consistent, and you are pretty much at the mercy of luck as in a team of five if your not usually able to pull off that 2 versus 8 carry.

Maybe it will improve as players get to grips with it but so far I am seeing many yolo due to the weird double bombardment strike timer and get locked out leaving half the team to fight superior firepower and higher odds with many refusing to simply do what the misson states and take out commanders.

That seems to be an issue of the churchil though.The IS /t34 are working fine.The su can be made to work( though usually you will be carried) the rest appear to  be trash.

And the issue of players is not that different than randoms.There will always be the people that are unable to grasp what the objectives demand.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36967 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostSastusBulbas, on 04 May 2020 - 06:22 PM, said:

An appaling title, but Nuklear, regardless if the bots are kicking his rear or not, its what the majority of players in randoms are finding, Pz4 that can accurately hit from accross the map while mosing over undulating terain, accurate arty, and all with higher alpha than you have, in a mode where many ignore commander Tigers that two shot you where your expected to flank except many cant or wont and it can usually end mid way with two of the team left facing 8 Panthers they cannot reliably pen which have higher alpha than you.

The bots have better accuracy ajnd hit ratio's with more HP and higher alpha, regardless of moving or not, so clearly different game mechanics on their guns. We are not allowed arty that good in randoms, and I am pretty sure anyone spending almost 4k gold on boosters to see they dont actually do anything as they wither away on losses will feel the same. Its another grindfest who cares how well it plays will it generate micro transactions gamemode.

That's not been my experience with it so far. Played a game with each faction and cover worked well against the bots, no magic sniper shots and the arty was only a minor annoyance as they were barely doing any damage. Churchill seemed very solid, it was bouncing pretty much everything except the TDs. Bombard thing gave you enough warning to move out the way so I got hit by it exactly once and that was only because I wasn't paying attention so entirely my own fault.

The only issue I've seen so far is clueless teammates that insist on running around trying to shoot everything instead of focus firing the objective tanks, but WG can't patch my teammates.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77203 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSastusBulbas, on 04 May 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

I have played it to stage III. But only played the Churchill twice to get the 5x and 15x out of it, using the side armor more so than the front to hold of Pz IV and Panthers. Mainly played the two medium groups. And yes, I suspect the bots are balanced differently, as you are. As the Pz has the L70 7.5cm alpha, and the Panther has the 88 alpha more or less. If the Pz IV did 110 and the Panthers did 150, low rolling to sub 90 at times. You could argue it would be too... easy, and you could just trade more. No idea about their pen balance tho, but I suspect the PZ IV has more than 110. Then again, none of the guns on the tanks we use have their actual pen either, on tier I and II they are way lower. Again not to make it too easy I suspect.

And tbh, I don't mind it. As if it was balanced vs like it is in randoms. My T-34-85M would have no issues bullying a Tiger head-on with that pen, vs being forced to flank it to be more effective vs the role they want you to do.

gunslingerXXX #13 Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14780 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostSylvansight, on 04 May 2020 - 06:55 PM, said:

winning doesn't matter too much?
if you get 4 missions but fail the last, you still get most of the progression points?

yes, I think so

Bulldog_Drummond #14 Posted 04 May 2020 - 08:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35797 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostSastusBulbas, on 04 May 2020 - 06:01 PM, said:

The Churchills are horrible, Pz4 have more alpha, better accuracy, 

At least the mode is historically accurate then.

VsUK #15 Posted 04 May 2020 - 09:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles
This event is just something to waste our time & expunge the excess gold we have on our accounts to improve the rewards that are worth less than the gold you spend. 

I've only completed a few missions using the IS-1 & I still have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing or what these tokens are for if they are actually part of the missions or just something for people to throw money at? Your effectiveness is x1 without the assault order. So does that mean, people can spend money to improve their pen/damage dealt? Because I'm doing like 5-6k damage in a mission, but another IS-1 player had 12k. So I'm thinking, this is another pay to win mode.

Edited by VsUK, 04 May 2020 - 09:18 PM.

barison1 #16 Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 47124 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostVsUK, on 04 May 2020 - 09:16 PM, said:

This event is just something to waste our time & expunge the excess gold we have on our accounts to improve the rewards that are worth less than the gold you spend. 

I've only completed a few missions using the IS-1 & I still have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing or what these tokens are for if they are actually part of the missions or just something for people to throw money at? Your effectiveness is x1 without the assault order. So does that mean, people can spend money to improve their pen/damage dealt? Because I'm doing like 5-6k damage in a mission, but another IS-1 player had 12k. So I'm thinking, this is another pay to win mode.

that IS-1 simply played better than you, the effectiveness orders of x5/x10/x15 plain multiply the victory points you get to speed up progress. x15 ones can be obtained for free aswell

but ofcourse just plain blame that is pay2win right off the bat, perhaps read into the info given before judging it

Edited by barison1, 04 May 2020 - 10:03 PM.

VsUK #17 Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles

View Postbarison1, on 04 May 2020 - 09:03 PM, said:

that IS-1 simply played better than you, the effectiveness orders of x5/x10/x15 plain multiply the victory points you get to speed up progress. x15 ones can be obtained for free aswell

but ofcourse just plain blame that is pay2win right off the bat, perhaps read into the info given before judging it

Firstly, the missions are very difficult to complete unless you buy tokens to boost your rewards. The competency of your team mates is poor at best. And being respawned 30+ seconds away from battle is just a kick in the teeth. 
I've completed a bunch of the first missions. But then it starts getting stupid, failed mission after failed mission. Had 1 mission where only the enemy arty left to kill, which was 1 of the commanders & tanks just sat there & did nothing to try & win. 

Galan7891 #18 Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10291 battles

View PostVsUK, on 04 May 2020 - 10:15 PM, said:

Firstly, the missions are very difficult to complete unless you buy tokens to boost your rewards. The competency of your team mates is poor at best. And being respawned 30+ seconds away from battle is just a kick in the teeth. 
I've completed a bunch of the first missions. But then it starts getting stupid, failed mission after failed mission. Had 1 mission where only the enemy arty left to kill, which was 1 of the commanders & tanks just sat there & did nothing to try & win. 

Debetable.Some of us have completed stage 2 and are currently grinding stage 3 completely FTP.You get 1x5 boost for each tank everyday and 3 x15.And as you upgrade your tanks you get more points.A tier 1 with x15 will give you are 350-400 points.A tier 2 600.I cant tell about tier 3...

Teams are just like randoms.Nothing new there.Try playing with a friend that can use a keyboard and a mouse ...at the same time preferably.

barison1 #19 Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 47124 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostVsUK, on 04 May 2020 - 10:15 PM, said:

got 3 x15 boosters from playing handfull randoms (convert the tokens obtained), played the PvE mode for some 2hours and finished stage 2 and heading towards stage 3(1100 out of 6000 points there), so a 50% discount so far. playing all differend tanks to use the free x15 and most of the free x5

deffo didnt win all as teams are special half the time, yet i really cant say its a hard grind for IS2S

Edited by barison1, 04 May 2020 - 10:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users