Jump to content


Road the Boredom!


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

LZ_Mordan #1 Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20851 battles
  • 592
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012

I have played one game. Won it. But even then, totally underwhelming.. Its just a time attack game mode. Utterly boring. AI cheating, AI having more alpha. The speed boost on the Churchill is facepalming !!

 

Now I know why I haven't played single player games for like 10 years.

 

Why can't we play historical scenarios with players vs players? 

 

ah yeah. Last time they tried with confrontation, Russians complained their tanks were blind lol.


Edited by LZ_Mordan, 04 May 2020 - 10:48 PM.


Bulldog_Drummond #2 Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:04 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35829 battles
  • 11,946
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 04 May 2020 - 09:46 PM, said:

Russians complained their tanks were blind lol.

 

Many Arab armies have over the years been surprised to find that their top of the range Russian tanks only served as target practice for Western tanks.



WindSplitter1 #3 Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:58 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 21410 battles
  • 3,959
  • [WINDY] WINDY
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 04 May 2020 - 11:04 PM, said:

 

Many Arab armies have over the years been surprised to find that their top of the range Russian tanks only served as target practice for Western tanks.

 

Reason why we have an "alternative reality" here. :trollface:



smokeytheband1t #4 Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11027 battles
  • 260
  • Member since:
    12-05-2016

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 05 May 2020 - 12:04 AM, said:

 

Many Arab armies have over the years been surprised to find that their top of the range Russian tanks only served as target practice for Western tanks.

 

Yea those T-72M did not hold up very well vs abrahams during Desert Storm I



Bulldog_Drummond #5 Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:05 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35829 battles
  • 11,946
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostWindSplitter1, on 05 May 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

 

Reason why we have an "alternative reality" here. :trollface:

 

You can see where WG are coming from, and I think it is more to be pitied than condemned

It must be a bit humiliating as a nation to have spent nearly a century building millions of tanks, all of which were dismal failures in combat.

By contrast, we British take far more pride and glory in our innumerable military disasters than in our rare successes

In terms of terrible tank designs I think that no tank will ever be able to match our Valiant, which nearly managed to kill its crew on its first and only test run


Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 05 May 2020 - 04:07 PM.


Miller1973 #6 Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:10 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14159 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    08-18-2016

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 05 May 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

 

You can see where WG are coming from, and I think it is more to be pitied than condemned

It must be a bit humiliating as a nation to have spent nearly a century building millions of tanks, all of which were dismal failures in combat.

By contrast, we British take far more pride and glory in our innumerable military disasters than in our rare successes

In terms of terrible tank designs I think that no tank will ever be able to match our Valiant, which nearly managed to kill its crew on its first and only test run

Ah but uncle Joe was right when he said "Quantity has a quality all of its own" The T34 was a dog turd apart from the gun but when you can build 20 of them for every superior enemy tank its happy days. See M4 Sherman as well.......



Bulldog_Drummond #7 Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:15 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35829 battles
  • 11,946
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostMiller1973, on 05 May 2020 - 03:10 PM, said:

Ah but uncle Joe was right when he said "Quantity has a quality all of its own" The T34 was a dog turd apart from the gun but when you can build 20 of them for every superior enemy tank its happy days. See M4 Sherman as well.......

 

That's one of my favourite quotes, and he was quite right.

The Sherman I would be less sure about.  To my mind it was the most outstanding tank of WW2.  Reliable, adaptable, good enough for the job, and was still destroying modern Russian tanks in 1973.



boboiscool #8 Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:33 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 2275 battles
  • 76
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013
You must be such an unhappy person..always complaining. If you dont like the mode, just don't play it then? Nobody forces you to play RtB...unless you force yourself to play it for the free tank. But then it either comes down to accepting how it is and grind your way to the IS2s or throw in some gold to get it over with.

shikaka9 #9 Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:35 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 78498 battles
  • 2,404
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
:bajan:its not boring if you play 1 battle a day 

wsatnutter #10 Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:52 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27425 battles
  • 10,265
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 04 May 2020 - 11:04 PM, said:

 

Many Arab armies have over the years been surprised to find that their top of the range Russian tanks only served as target practice for Western tanks.

the old valley push remember that back in the 70s



Miller1973 #11 Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:55 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14159 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    08-18-2016

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 05 May 2020 - 04:15 PM, said:

 

That's one of my favourite quotes, and he was quite right.

The Sherman I would be less sure about.  To my mind it was the most outstanding tank of WW2.  Reliable, adaptable, good enough for the job, and was still destroying modern Russian tanks in 1973.

Well its build quality would've certainly been a lot better thats for sure.



Bulldog_Drummond #12 Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35829 battles
  • 11,946
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostMiller1973, on 05 May 2020 - 03:55 PM, said:

Well its build quality would've certainly been a lot better thats for sure.

 

It probably even had air-con.  I think the Arabs were sold versions that only had heaters.



Balc0ra #13 Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77299 battles
  • 23,316
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 04 May 2020 - 10:46 PM, said:

Why can't we play historical scenarios with players vs players?

 

We did that once remember? Everyone hated it. Why? Because nations are not balanced to fight other nations. A support nation vs a brawler nation just went one way. And that was the mode. Would you pick the Pz IV doing 110 damage to an IS all game? Or the King Tiger? As that was the issue last time. No one wanted to play the Pz IV or the PZ 38t. Everyone selected the King Tiger. And with only 2 slots pr team for it. It took a bit to start a game. As no one wanted to be the poor sod in the Pz III facing SU-100's, T-34-85's, SU-152's or and IS.

 

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 04 May 2020 - 10:46 PM, said:

I have played one game. Won it. But even then, totally underwhelming.. Its just a time attack game mode. Utterly boring. AI cheating, AI having more alpha. The speed boost on the Churchill is facepalming !!

 

As these events are more a testing ground then anything fun. I'm willing to bet the speed boost is something they are considering for randoms. Who knows. And if the AI did 110 damage in their Pz IV, and you did 390 in your IS with 175 pen vs the Tiger that did 240 to you with the balance from randoms and a non-cheating AI that was even more stupid like the old Proving Ground variant. I suspect it would be even less fun, as you just steamroll over them more so than not. And that would be fun how?


Edited by Balc0ra, 05 May 2020 - 05:03 PM.


grouch666 #14 Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:43 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18215 battles
  • 45
  • [UWA] UWA
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012
Just going to use the 3 x5 a day and see where I get. Might grind it at bit near the end if I’m close to free tank.

snowlywhite #15 Posted 05 May 2020 - 08:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30944 battles
  • 818
  • Member since:
    01-05-2018

question: I buy the damn improved vents together with IS whatever?

 

Or I get the t7 shitter and wg expects me to grind another 15k in their dumb mode for the vents?



Bulldog_Drummond #16 Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35829 battles
  • 11,946
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View Postsnowlywhite, on 05 May 2020 - 07:58 PM, said:

question: I buy the damn improved vents together with IS whatever?

 

Or I get the t7 shitter and wg expects me to grind another 15k in their dumb mode for the vents?

 

Building character | The Calvin and Hobbes Wiki | Fandom



Only_Slightly_Bent #17 Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:19 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 28944 battles
  • 1,186
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B
  • Member since:
    11-04-2010
You are allowed to uninstall the game, you know, seeing as, given your constant complaining, you hate it so much...

snowlywhite #18 Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30944 battles
  • 818
  • Member since:
    01-05-2018

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 05 May 2020 - 09:10 PM, said:

 

Building character | The Calvin and Hobbes Wiki | Fandom

 

damn; why was I sure... In this case guess I've just wasted 2h reaching t3. Epic..






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users