Damn Tier 2 Road to Berlin is tough

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Hamiradon #1 Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6016 battles
  • [-LOA-] -LOA-

Just managed to get the T34-85M, and i'm severely dissapointed, as unlike the IS-2, it's BARELY an upgrade, 160dmg 120 pen to 170dmg 125pen, which means it's still less than 50% chance to penetrate the front of the panthers that swarm the tier, which in return will basically penetrate my tank no matter how much i snapshot or sidescrape in the tank, not to mention i can barely scratch the Kingtigers that show up later in the matches, and lets not get started on those Ferdinands either that deal a fair and balanced 520 ish damage a shot.

Seems like going the IS2 line is the only way to go, which is a damn shame, i like the tier 1 games alot, but the brutal damage and accuracy of the tier 2 enemies just made it frustrating really, you have to be such a tryhard to actually succeed, because if the perfect accuracy aimbots don't wreck you, that equally brutal time limit will.

For you that have reached tier 3, is it even harder at that point?

mpc007 #2 Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8502 battles
Well in randoms T34-85 and T34-85M are also not that different. Imo tier 1 should ve been a T34 mk1 or T34-57 so that the 85 would feel more like an upgrade.

I love the fact Panthers can only be penned green at the LFP or cupola, thats only historically accurate imo. All those players having problems shoot only gold in randoms or something?!

Theres no king tigers in tier 1, so im eager to see what 2 and 3 bring

Balc0ra #3 Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77209 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well, you're still a sniper flanker vs a brawler. So pen is not the main point of the T-34-85 line.  If pen is what you want, then TD line is the only one with that. T-34-85 line's main selling points are accuracy and dual fire starter consumables. So setting King Tigers ablaze is not a major issue with it. As most maps have a wide flanking line on the last wave you can use. Or that you can start to huff around once wave 4 is almost done. Like on Ruinberg to get the rear and side of the King Tigers by going the 0 lane vs staying in town to push the Ferdi first.

So far the Sherman and T-34-85 lines have given me the biggest damage games on tier I and II vs even the IS. But I suspect it's down to style.

Edited by Balc0ra, 05 May 2020 - 03:46 AM.

Hamiradon #4 Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:52 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6016 battles
  • [-LOA-] -LOA-

View PostBalc0ra, on 05 May 2020 - 02:45 AM, said:

Well, you're still a sniper flanker vs a brawler. So pen is not the main point of the T-34-85 line.  If pen is what you want, then TD line is the only one with that. T-34-85 line's main selling points are accuracy and dual fire starter consumables. So setting King Tigers ablaze is not a major issue with it. As most maps have a wide flanking line on the last wave you can use. Or that you can start to huff around once wave 4 is almost done. Like on Ruinberg to get the rear and side of the King Tigers by going the 0 lane vs staying in town to push the Ferdi first.

So far the Sherman and T-34-85 lines have given me the biggest damage games on tier I and II vs even the IS. But I suspect it's down to style.

Like, if it actually had accuracy then maybe, but i hit WAY more shots with the IS 2 122 gun than with the T34-85m cannon, and with all the corridors in the later stages, you don't have too much room to flank either way.

Especially doesn't help that the bots seems to focus the t34-85m over the is2 at all cost. All in all, i think the time limit screws the t34-85 over, you cannot play cleverly, as you are basically forced to bumrush the commander vehicles at the end of each map, 4 minutes is just not enough to take out two tanks with 2200hp, surrounded by ferdinands and elite panthers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users