• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

chainreact0r #61 Posted 07 May 2020 - 07:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36224 battles
  • [D4EAM] D4EAM

View Postmystikro, on 06 May 2020 - 11:06 PM, said:

I think this here gold spammer got mad. Your 62 WR isn't done on standard ammo. CHANGE MY MIND.

Don't worry. In the end the game will bleed so many players new and old that it will be just you and a few more gold spammers. And you can spam each other all day and feel like you have skill by having a working 2 key.

You are calling me gold spammer based on my winrate? That's funny. What would you have said if i had 47% wr? "Look at this noob, he doesn't even know what he is talking about"?

I shoot gold at higher tiers whenever is needed like everyone else. However, if you really want to assess my performance without gold ammo you only need to look at my tier 8 premiums. I NEVER press the 2 key in them, no exceptions. I guess the 60%+ wr in most of them is pure luck right? 

3W1_ #62 Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33069 battles
  • [T1LT] T1LT
people who complain about gold spammers in 2020 ResidentSleeper

Cobra6 #63 Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16624 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postmorgotz, on 06 May 2020 - 04:47 PM, said:

making them playable would mean adding cover, that would lead to more close range engagements.

If youd consider Westfield, adding another lane of houses and reducing the hills in the north west would be a viable option

Not necessarily, you could do some terrain features like little mounds or slopes that creates mid-range engagements.

Cobra 6

shishx_the_trash_can #64 Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:47 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4581 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
stats are luck

Tealo #65 Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47734 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostStinkyStonky, on 06 May 2020 - 11:05 AM, said:

The main thing that WG does to solve this problem is introduce variety.

10 nations, 10 levels, 5 tank types, multiple lines.

40+ maps, Encounter, Assault, Grand battles.

Equipment, crew skills, components.

etc etc.

This creates the opportunity for people to moan that there is too much to do !!

The truth is that most people who moan are in fact just bored of the game.  They've spend too many thousands of hours side scraping or going hull down and never leaping from a building, upgrading a sword or opening a treasure chest and they don't even realise why they are actually unhappy.  They pine for the "Good ole days" and blame something popular like the maps, arty or prem ammo.  

Those things aren't the problem.

Because the gameplay was better, ie The dynamics how the tanks interacted with each other on the maps! Sometimes overlapping and called ballance for example a medium tank (tier 6 or 7) could kill a IS7 a tier 10 on full health, as the medium had the advantage of speed and view range if the player of medium tank had a brain and could use ASWD keys, use the correct ammo such as HE and shoot weakspots ie modules disabling the IS7 and then killing it  was more interesting play as you had to think!  A match in of itself no matter what the tier was interesting to play.

So yes you are right people who are in fact bored of the game because the game has become more boring! As it has been dumbed down, made more simple ie boring!

Unless you are confusing grinding (content) ie a new shinning thing with playability. Chess hasn't been update for about 500 years yet people still play it and do so for life :ohmy:, Though making the Vizier into the queen and buffing its moves was a bad decision in the Spanish updated version in the 15th century and The Queen is way OP should be nerfed! :B

The simple reason why AW failed, it was boring! :P

Edited by Tealo, 07 May 2020 - 08:53 AM.

CandyVanMan #66 Posted 07 May 2020 - 09:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29144 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View Postshishx_the_trash_can, on 07 May 2020 - 07:47 AM, said:

stats are luck

Not true, I paid wargaming a lot for special rng.

Edited by CandyVanMan, 07 May 2020 - 02:14 PM.

Tealo #67 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47734 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostCobra6, on 07 May 2020 - 07:34 AM, said:

Not necessarily, you could do some terrain features like little mounds or slopes that creates mid-range engagements.

Cobra 6

Oh like they did on the Komarin map in the North East which was the medium/ hull down heavies brawling area..

Won't work as the Ru server will complain it's too bumpy for their Russian Heavies gun depression like they did years ago, before the map changes.

ZlatanArKung #68 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View Post_Signal_, on 06 May 2020 - 08:15 AM, said:

and yet 80% of the playerbase still can't manage this,  rather simple task.... but yes the game has been dumbed down to a point it's like a thin gruel.

In a game where the developer asks less and less from the player, the player tends to also learn less and less about how to play.

14:16 Added after 3 minute

View PostTankkiPoju, on 06 May 2020 - 08:40 AM, said:

The gameplay of 2011-2015 was even more dumbed down in my opinion.

There were no physics, so you couldn't drive even across water on maps. No dropping down from cliffs due to invisible walls everywhere.

The game had also way less tanks and game mechanics.

If you want a tough to swallow pill, here is one: You have played the game for thousands of hours, so the game feels dumbed down. There is nothing WG can do to fix that.

And if you feel the game has been dumbed down, how is the average WoT player still as bad as ever?

More tanks is not a sign of complexity. Especially since all tanks are more and more alike and differences between tanks have been removed  (except EBR).

Also, maps have went from a multi dimensional thing to 1 dimensional thing (from tactical or strategical stand point). Or, press W and shoot is only thing you need to kknow onot current maps.

Psticide #69 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46836 battles
Once a player figures out he can earn more xp just pressing w and shooting 500 dmg in 120 seconds and play 5 of those games, then he gets from a 15min draw... well ... its just a matter of math and how u spend ur time then, zero incentive left to win

Edited by Psticide, 07 May 2020 - 03:26 PM.

ZlatanArKung #70 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 06 May 2020 - 10:19 AM, said:

Yet at the same time people demand more armor on tanks (like E100 and IS4) and T110E5 is the worst tier 10 heavy, because it has a viable frontal weakspot.

I think Shishx had the only sensible argument in this thread, and even that was silly.

WG can't fix the game, because no matter what they do, a lot of people will be unhappy.

Either increase armor or reduce it, 50% of people will cry.

Remove weakspots and people will cry. Add weakspots and people will cry just like with E5.

Remove corridors or add bushes, and people will cry about invisible tanks and TDs shooting therm.

Remove arty and people will cry about hulldown heavies.

Remove premium ammo, and people wiill complain about OP heavy tanks.

Just ignore complain from players outside  top 5% and you begin to get a decent idea on what to do.  This also removes all the retarded complaints 

14:34 Added after 7 minute

View PostTheJ4ckal, on 06 May 2020 - 11:34 AM, said:

Do you think the real tankers complained about the maps in ww2 and wanted them changed to win more?

If people are as good as they say, why can't you adapt to a map, as you clearly think you are an expert on strategy and map design. It should be easy against as these Muppets that don't know what they are doing.

Yet all we hear is "good" players moaning how they don't like a map. 

Your post does nothing to make this a good forum.

Because maps are so 1 dimensional now.

Most of them are just a 'press W and shoot'.  Which is easy to adapt to, but not particularly interesting to play.

It is like playing chess, but you remove all pieces except some pawns and the king. You get a 1 dimensional game with a very shallow tactical and strategical depth.  And same players still rule supreme.

Edited by ZlatanArKung, 07 May 2020 - 03:27 PM.

ZlatanArKung #71 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:51 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 06 May 2020 - 11:19 PM, said:

Honest Bulldog will give you 5 to 4 (cash only)

These "OMG it's all dreadful and I've had enough and these are my brilliant suggestions for improvement but I don't care because I'm off anyway" threads have been appearing weekly on the forum all the time I have been here

So that's maybe 500, more likely 1000+ similar posts.

I guess it gives people a chance to get things off their chest

I get 125% of the money I put in back?

More important, how long time frame are we looking at.

Is it OP quitting within a week, 4 weeks, a year. Or is it a required 'I quit post'.

What requirements are needed.

14:52 Added after 1 minute

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 07 May 2020 - 04:04 AM, said:

Here's an idea, why don't you old sweats all go post all of this on the RU forums, then maybe WG might just listen and get the message you all wish to convey, failing that,suck it up,no beneficial change is going to come sadly:(

WG won't listen because WG isn't interested of listening. 

The map design change is by choice from WG to make it easier for players of a certain skill group to feel they have an impact.

This is why WG have this map design of no flanking or side shots, TD hits at end of open areas and isolated corridors with no interaction between. Because a certain part of the playerbase should feel they can shoot at least once.

So the idea that the bad map design is due to incompetence is wrong, since WG isn't interested in creating anything except 1 dimensional maps.

Personally, I think this part of the playerbase, or all players outside top 5% should be ignored when it comes to balance and map design.

14:53 Added after 2 minute

View Postshishx_the_trash_can, on 07 May 2020 - 08:47 AM, said:

stats are luck

Why are you always stating the obvious.

zarazzrobiecidziurke #72 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:56 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13301 battles

I could not agree more OP. I have been involved with WoT for a very long time, since the closed beta stage, which takes us almost a full decade back.

Back then, SPGs had 5-6 tiers, 2 nations, no clans, fancy game modes etc. Things were simplier, and the players were mostly people who had interest in tanks, rather than computer games. 

As the game started to develop and pick up momentum, more and more content was added in all forms and shapes. 

The true turning point was obviously adding easy access to premium ammunition to everybody. This has turned the gameplay upside down, as most of the players thought "If I want to make impact, I MUST use premium ammo".

Then subtle changes followed to reinforce this tendency, like HE nerf, "revised" camo rules for TDs and so on.

Personally, I have not played a single battle in 2 years. And in the last 5-6 years I'd guess I played less than 50 battles total. I understand World of Tanks was never intended to be realistic, not to mention a simulator. Still, the overall experience for players like me is just unpleasant. I have watched some replays, and everybody is spamming gold, I mean I saw people playing randoms as a top tier, and they only have gold and or gold/ HE. It became a new standard apparently, and this is something I cannot contribute to. 

I do imagine a situation when I can return to WoT and enjoy it, but I can also see why it will never happen. The game has taken a sharp turn towards being profit-oriented, and premium ammo and premium tanks are the spearhead of this trend.

Not to mention things that were an issue 7 years ago are still an issue and it doesn't seem they will ever be fixed, like the MM for example, but now I can imagine it is endorsed to increase the frustration among players and steer them towards the aforementioned wide-spread use of premium ammunition.

A true shame, but unless the WG financial results will change, they game won't.

kaneloon #73 Posted 07 May 2020 - 09:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33019 battles

View Postzarazzrobiecidziurke, on 07 May 2020 - 02:56 PM, said:

I have watched some replays, and everybody is spamming gold, I mean I saw people playing randoms as a top tier, and they only have gold and or gold/ HE. It became a new standard apparently, and this is something I cannot contribute to. 

I do imagine a situation when I can return to WoT and enjoy it, but I can also see why it will never happen. The game has taken a sharp turn towards being profit-oriented, and premium ammo and premium tanks are the spearhead of this trend.

Tbh most players still are poor (or proud) and don't shoot prem ammos.

But they get less aces to push on wotreplay (90% of those are by higher tiers spamming gold).

Prem ammo may not be the only reason of the aces, but it is a boost that makes a difference at the right time.

VsUK #74 Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles

View PostTheJ4ckal, on 06 May 2020 - 10:34 AM, said:

Do you think the real tankers complained about the maps in ww2 and wanted them changed to win more?

If people are as good as they say, why can't you adapt to a map, as you clearly think you are an expert on strategy and map design. It should be easy against as these Muppets that don't know what they are doing.

Yet all we hear is "good" players moaning how they don't like a map. 

Your post does nothing to make this a good forum.

Yes, wallet warriors complained about people who use reg ammo being able to take them on & they demanded to be given real advantages. So WG introduce wallet warrior tanks in the form of reward tanks you will never get unless you dedicate a lot of your time to playing this game & a lot of money as well. Because some of the missions require you to do stupid amounts of damage reg ammo simply will not allow you to do. 

It's no secret that people who pay to win, have a strong dislike of people who challenge them having spent very little.

View Postilmavarvas, on 06 May 2020 - 10:46 AM, said:

Because these new dumbed down maps makes it impossible to adapt, since there's nothing to adapt anymore, you have 3 corridors and that's about it, not much spotting, not much sneaking around, not much anything anymore - just take the most armored tank and drive through corridor 1, 2 or 3 and remember to press "2" at the beginning of match.

Yep, all the maps have been edited to make them short, gold spamming games. The shorter the game lasts, the more money WG make!

View PostCandyVanMan, on 07 May 2020 - 08:53 AM, said:

Not true, I paid wargaming a lot for special rng.

There's absolutely no evidence to suggest how much you spent effects RNG. But there's another side to that coin, where there's absolutely no evidence to suggest they don't. 

GehakteMolen #75 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 52587 battles
  • [322] 322
Agree with Morgotz, the maps suk, arty s***s, gold ammo s***s,, arty s***s, and the silly head on noob fest s***s, (and arty also s***s,btw)

wotlx #76 Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11928 battles

very true op. i agree. i returned recently myself. its worse than ever. the game almost completely lost itself and became one of the many mmos

Also tagged with maps, tanks, morgotz, gameplay, analysis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users