Tips on playing LT-432

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Miller1973 #1 Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14060 battles
This is the only tier 8 premium I've ever paid real money for and its generally regarded as a good one but I just cannot seem to make it work. My average game is get spotted by a WV, lose 500 HPs from a TD hit a second after that, then take several laser guided HE rounds from the WV effectively crippling me for the rest of the game. I've tried passive spotting but always seem to get spotted before I spot anything in return. I've rage sold it a couple of times but just recovered it again for another try. Any tips or should I just assume I'm always doomed to be a noob at higher tiers?

TankkiPoju #2 Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25869 battles

LT-432 is pretty damn good for a tier 8 light tank. The problem is it's still a tier 8 light tank, which means it's not an easy tank to play effectively.

Do you have a good crew in it, with maxed out camo skills? That is pretty important.

Try to expose only the turret to enemies if you can. This makes you a really small target.

Have you tried playing Frontline with LT-432? It's a pretty good training ground without stress.

Kingfish__ #3 Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8150 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Here's my 2 cents: It's very flat/low, yet has 7 degrees gun depression, so poke ridge to spot, take sneaky shots over edges. But like all lights, once you're spotted, don't be stupid enough to poke the same spot, presume people will be aiming for you. Like all lights, try to be clever. Your view range isn't great — so fix that. My equipment is optics, rammer, vents. Run food if you need to, to get that up to 445m view range. Helps having BiA crew and situational awareness. Gun handling is great so don't need Vstabs really I don't think. Vision vision vision!

My light performance improved a lot after instead of focusing on passive spotting so much, which relies on decent teams, presume your teams are idiots and focus a bit more on dealing damage and disappearing, which naturally leads to spotting damage too. Be a passive-aggressive sneaky disappearing annoying git.

Miller1973 #4 Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14060 battles
Well I run vent/rammer/optics and have a 2 skill crew inclding SS and Camo. I've tried to do the passive/aggressive thing but its hard to pull off when you have enemy WV buzzing around as well:angry:

bnmm113 #5 Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12379 battles
  • [ISW2] ISW2

try getting one shot into a wv, then get the [edited]out of there...

go to second line, dissapear and pop back up again...

if you notice stray light without support you can harras him easily...

pretty much spot, engage, get the [edited]out, dissapear, repeat...

CandyVanMan #6 Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29144 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

Use stabilizer instead of vents, so you don't have to waste as much time to stop and aim.

This will increase survivability a lot.

432 is one of the best tanks in the game for frontline, good damage dealer against other tier 8 tanks, as you have enough penetration to effectively pen most tier 8 tanks with standard ammo, even from the front.
It's also good at countering other light tanks and wheeled vehicles due to good armor and dpm for a light tank, and EBR can't reliably pen it with HE.

As lower tier in randoms, I suggest focusing on spotting in early game, without wasting hp, then gradually focus on doing damage in the mid to late game when the map opens up more for flanking maneuvers.

demon_tank #7 Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28870 battles
  • [-SHRP] -SHRP

LT432 is the best tier 8 scout and similar to LT100.

There are no tips. If you re a good player you ll figure it out.

Your overall wn8 is very low but your recents are on the rise. You seem to be learning. Good for you.

Just watch Twitch strreamers (the unicums) as much as possible on how they play their light tanks and copy their tactics and moves.

SharpBlue #8 Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 70070 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

If the enemy has WV, just wait a bit and they normally rush and die.

You are useful at the beginning of the game and at the end.  So do a bit of spotting, make sure your team is in position to shoot what you spot.  

Don't try and shoot anything too early.

Save your HP for the end game.

Lights are hard but very rewarding, being alive at the end of a game with lots of HP makes a massive difference.

Finally, ignore chat.  Your team with cry for spots and they usually  dont know what they are talking about.

wsatnutter #9 Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27401 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
solid advice from all of the above , good luck with it

Hyina #10 Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65359 battles

There's no fast way to becoming good at lights, it's the class that requires the most experience/knowledge/skill to play. Take it from someone who was at sub 45% WR at 10k games to know from personal experience.

There's only so much one can watch from youtubers and streamers, there's a difference between knowing the right bushes to play and knowing when you play them. Some things like situational awareness (not the crew skill but general gameplay awareness) can't be taught from watching hours or even days of videos. You need to be playing yourself, making mistakes, assessing afterwards whether you made the mistake or it was just unlucky. Most of the times it's a bit of both.

In every map, there are multiple plays one can make, people tend to think oh it's Malinovka/Prohorovka I'll just go to the standard bush and sit there all game, or oh it's Himmelsdorf/Ruinberg I'm screwed anyway might as well yolo. There are so many things you can potentially do, whilst on the other hand sometimes the best thing to do is nothing at all.

After 7 years of playing this game and rising from where I was to where I am now, the most cruicial word I would say about playing lights, and any tank in general, is timing.

I'd also be careful about paying others to teach you. I know for a fact a prominent youtuber is being paid for private lessons and frankly, some of the stuff he teachers is a load of BS as far as I'm concerned, says "I teach Cliff really well" and then proceeds to spend the next 20mins doing the wrong things. The best way to learn is doing it yourself and having the patience and tolerance for mistakes and frustration. At the end of the day it's your hands at the keyboard not theirs.

krismorgan #11 Posted 06 May 2020 - 07:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38665 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
I suck in nmine but i have only a few games in it,but i was ok in t54light before it was uptiered :angry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users