Jump to content


Player list skill colour coding in battle


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Miller1973 #1 Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:47 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14060 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    08-18-2016
When pressing the Tab key, how do I see this? Do I need to install some kind of mod?

BattleMetalChris #2 Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:01 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 10494 battles
  • 7,917
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

It's a mod called XVM. The easiest way to get it is to download Aslain's Mod, it's included in there.

 

https://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/13-aslains-wot-modpack/

 

I used to use it but have had it turned off for the past 3 years or so, as there are so many terrible players it makes you slowly lose your mind.



CandyVanMan #3 Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:05 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29144 battles
  • 1,060
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    05-15-2011

Don't use XVM, it only causes even more suffering for yourself and your teams.

It's the mod that has caused the most damage to this game, cheats included.



Karasu_Hidesuke #4 Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:03 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 17492 battles
  • 4,906
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013
Better red than dead. :hiding:

DuncaN_101 #5 Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:14 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 57709 battles
  • 3,481
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011
Just by the fact that you don't know what it is you are looking for already tells me you shouldn't use it.

The extra info you get from that will not do you any good.

Bulldog_Drummond #6 Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35797 battles
  • 11,929
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostBattleMetalChris, on 06 May 2020 - 01:01 PM, said:

It's a mod called XVM. The easiest way to get it is to download Aslain's Mod, it's included in there.

 

https://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/13-aslains-wot-modpack/

 

I used to use it but have had it turned off for the past 3 years or so, as there are so many terrible players it makes you slowly lose your mind.

 

I find it easiest if you only want the vanilla pack to download directly from the XVM site:

 

https://modxvm.com/en/

 

Personally I find it worthwhile to have for the improved garage settings and tank history information. 

When set to show XTE it also provides somewhat useful in battle information on player capabilities in the tank they are playing.

I agree that most players seem to have quite modest abilities, but I think we all knew that anyway



Gixxer66 #7 Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20488 battles
  • 875
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

Don't do it - If you really want to use XVM stats do it outside the game.

 

The stats themselves are open to abuse - some players pad stats in very lower tiers to make their overalls look better - Tier 4 Pref MM tanks are good for that or so it appears /kappa



BattleMetalChris #8 Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:37 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 10494 battles
  • 7,917
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 07 May 2020 - 11:19 AM, said:

 

I find it easiest if you only want the vanilla pack to download directly from the XVM site:

 

https://modxvm.com/en/

 

Personally I find it worthwhile to have for the improved garage settings and tank history information. 

When set to show XTE it also provides somewhat useful in battle information on player capabilities in the tank they are playing.

I agree that most players seem to have quite modest abilities, but I think we all knew that anyway

 

Yeah, I have the garage stats turned on, but not in-battle. I did run a custom setup where it would highlight people with <1000 and <2000 battles on my own team so I could cut them a little slack, but I've not got round to remaking that yet.



Miller1973 #9 Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:41 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14060 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    08-18-2016

View PostDuncaN_101, on 07 May 2020 - 12:14 PM, said:

Just by the fact that you don't know what it is you are looking for already tells me you shouldn't use it.

The extra info you get from that will not do you any good.

Is this a roundabout way of telling me I'm not very good? I'm well aware of that already....

11:42 Added after 1 minute

View PostGixxer66, on 07 May 2020 - 12:35 PM, said:

Don't do it - If you really want to use XVM stats do it outside the game.

 

The stats themselves are open to abuse - some players pad stats in very lower tiers to make their overalls look better - Tier 4 Pref MM tanks are good for that or so it appears /kappa

Guilty as charged:teethhappy:



Balc0ra #10 Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:45 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77209 battles
  • 23,266
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostMiller1973, on 07 May 2020 - 12:41 PM, said:

Is this a roundabout way of telling me I'm not very good? I'm well aware of that already....

11:42 Added after 1 minute

Guilty as charged:teethhappy:

 

There are pages you can use to check like noobmeter etc and type your nick in there if it's your stats you are interested in. As just seeing red on your team is not good for you in the long run. I've not used XVM for 3 years, and my WR has only gone up after it. As I now approach each game the same, vs doing what XMV tells me.



Bulldog_Drummond #11 Posted 07 May 2020 - 01:11 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35797 battles
  • 11,929
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostBalc0ra, on 07 May 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

 

There are pages you can use to check like noobmeter etc and type your nick in there if it's your stats you are interested in. As just seeing red on your team is not good for you in the long run. I've not used XVM for 3 years, and my WR has only gone up after it. As I now approach each game the same, vs doing what XMV tells me.

 

I am not sure that this is necessarily a causal relationship.  You would expect w/r to go up with 3 years of additional experience.

And it might have increased even more had you been using XVM

Who knows?



mpf1959 #12 Posted 07 May 2020 - 01:36 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36361 battles
  • 2,864
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

View PostKarasu_Hidesuke, on 07 May 2020 - 12:03 PM, said:

Better red than dead. :hiding:

 

Damn straight, buckeroo! :B



Stig_Stigma #13 Posted 07 May 2020 - 01:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23282 battles
  • 625
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR
  • Member since:
    09-16-2015

View PostKarasu_Hidesuke, on 07 May 2020 - 12:03 PM, said:

Better red than dead. :hiding:

 

Better dead then red.



BattleMetalChris #14 Posted 07 May 2020 - 01:44 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 10494 battles
  • 7,917
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

Better dead than smeg.

 



wsatnutter #15 Posted 07 May 2020 - 02:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27401 battles
  • 10,246
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
OP do not go near XVM it will do you no good its worse than an over cooked sprout and that's damning enough

DuncaN_101 #16 Posted 07 May 2020 - 02:04 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 57709 battles
  • 3,481
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011

View PostMiller1973, on 07 May 2020 - 12:41 PM, said:

Is this a roundabout way of telling me I'm not very good? I'm well aware of that already....

11:42 Added after 1 minute

Guilty as charged:teethhappy:

No its a. Round about way of saving you allot of grief and depression. 

 

It's not worth it 



3W1_ #17 Posted 07 May 2020 - 02:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33069 battles
  • 1,469
  • [T1LT] T1LT
  • Member since:
    09-23-2012
i cant play without xvm because i want to fap when looking at my deep purple numbers. its the only way for me to get an erection

Echotun #18 Posted 07 May 2020 - 02:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24251 battles
  • 1,207
  • [FA-1] FA-1
  • Member since:
    03-15-2015

View PostKarasu_Hidesuke, on 07 May 2020 - 12:03 PM, said:

Better red than dead. :hiding:


This is not always true. Some players are actually worth less than nothing for their team. 



habar_name #19 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:20 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16462 battles
  • 48
  • [GL0NT] GL0NT
  • Member since:
    04-30-2013
Better red bread than sad dead. Or dead sad. Or sad dad. Or dead dad. Or whatever your dad said about not being red. Edited with all them commies.

Miller1973 #20 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:34 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14060 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    08-18-2016
Well I've tried a few games with it its certainly been an eye opener. Seems to be about 70% crap players like me per game then a big gap to about 20% good then 10% purples........




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users