Credits

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

ArmouredPenguin #1 Posted 06 May 2020 - 05:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19488 battles

Is WG making credits more difficult to collect to entice real money spending?

I have always found that I unlock a tank before I make the credits to buy it. I currently have 10 tanks I am waiting to buy, mostly tier 7,8, 9 and 10.

Now with so many blueprints available this becomes an even bigger issue. I do love the blueprints for helping me skip tanks i don't want to play but it really seems like this game requires you to spend plenty of time in premo tanks to grind the credits needed.

This problem is even bigger if you don't have premium account and more so if you like to play your tier 10's. Lets also not forget the issue of being low tier in battle and feeling like you don't have choice in using special (gold) ammo if you want to pen.

Furthermore, I noticed the rewards for last years frontlines had 3 tier 8 premo tanks to choose from for grinding credits. Whereas this year is only tier 9 crew training tanks.

Lastly, I am pretty sure most players will find themselves with loads of exp and crew boosting reserves but not so many credit ones. Not surprising that in anniversary store you can buy the first two with the new coins but not the credit ones.

Overall, I do appreciate the chance of free tank no matter what tier; 7, 8, or 9. And happy to get as many blueprints as possible. But I get bored spending too much time in my premo tanks, especially now they maxed on the battle pass points I can make in them. Also I would love to play my tier 10's more without losing credits.

Opinions????

Edited by ArmouredPenguin, 06 May 2020 - 05:52 PM.

qpranger #2 Posted 06 May 2020 - 05:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostArmouredPenguin, on 06 May 2020 - 07:43 PM, said:

I have always found that I unlock a tank before I make the credits to buy it.

Game working as intended.

wsatnutter #3 Posted 06 May 2020 - 05:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27425 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

sitting on 102 million silver

and 3.2 million xp

I save like there is no tommorow

boboiscool #4 Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2275 battles
You are rushing through the tech trees. You played less than 100 battles in most tanks which is not enough to unlock the next tank in the tech tree without wasting serious freexp. So just play tiers 5 - 9 grinding the xp for the next, use free xp only to unlock modules but never on a tank.  

Balc0ra #5 Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77299 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

If you always by new tanks for 4 to 6 million, with equipment the second you can afford it. And only play tanks that are not good income machines. As in high tiers. Then yes, you will struggle.

I have 20 million atm, as I don't buy every tier 9 and X tank I unlock. As there is no point wasting credits on something I know I will play for 6 battles the next week. As most tier X's are not that more fun than the tier 9 anyway. Thus I don't have to spend as much time in my tier 8 prems more so then the tanks I've unlocked.

Nishi_Kinuyo #6 Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10905 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Maybe if people would... I dunno... grind tanks like they used to, credits would be less of an issue?

ArmouredPenguin #7 Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19488 battles

View Postboboiscool, on 06 May 2020 - 05:05 PM, said:

You are rushing through the tech trees. You played less than 100 battles in most tanks which is not enough to unlock the next tank in the tech tree without wasting serious freexp. So just play tiers 5 - 9 grinding the xp for the next, use free xp only to unlock modules but never on a tank.  

You are right that I get through tech tree quickly but this is down to exp boosts, reserves and blueprints (some free i get automatically added). I never used free exp to unlock tanks, only as you said to upgrade modules cause who wants to play stock lol. I have unlocked ebr 105, udes15/16, st-II and soon 277 by just playing them as normally would. Only blueprints on them were added by game, only used free exp for some modules (tracks + some guns). occasional daily boost/reserves.

View Postwsatnutter, on 06 May 2020 - 04:59 PM, said:

and 3.2 million xp

I try to as well, got 25mil saved and waiting for next discount on tech tree to buy the tanks I want the most.

View PostBalc0ra, on 06 May 2020 - 05:10 PM, said:

If you always by new tanks for 4 to 6 million, with equipment the second you can afford it. And only play tanks that are not good income machines. As in high tiers. Then yes, you will struggle.

I have 20 million atm, as I don't buy every tier 9 and X tank I unlock. As there is no point wasting credits on something I know I will play for 6 battles the next week. As most tier X's are not that more fun than the tier 9 anyway. Thus I don't have to spend as much time in my tier 8 prems more so then the tanks I've unlocked.

Many of the tier 9's and 10's available to buy have been there a long time (sheridan, Conway) since there are other tanks i want more. I also have bunch of 'fun' tanks I play with often to ignore the grind and just enjoy the game. My highest played tank is still a tier 5....I think.

But again I not overly bothered, more just found that it becoming bigger issue then used to be for me. Especially now I want to play my tier 10's more and rarely make credits in them.

Edited by ArmouredPenguin, 06 May 2020 - 06:38 PM.

ArmouredPenguin #8 Posted 06 May 2020 - 07:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19488 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 06 May 2020 - 05:11 PM, said:

Maybe if people would... I dunno... grind tanks like they used to, credits would be less of an issue?

To "grind tanks like they used to" means not using any blueprints, daily boost or reserves. And of course this would slow the grind and increase credits. But this is my point, many of the new features speeds up the exp grind and ignoring them seems a little silly. Whereas, there isn't really anything that has increased the credits grind beyond using tier 8 premo tanks. This is why I have proposed the question that is this all part of WG trying to convince people to spend real money on premo tanks and maybe even buying credits / converting gold to credits.

demon_tank #9 Posted 06 May 2020 - 07:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28929 battles
  • [-SHRP] -SHRP

View Postwsatnutter, on 06 May 2020 - 04:59 PM, said:

and 3.2 million xp

177 mil credits.

I bought ALL my Tier 7 ,8 , 9 & 10 tanks ON DISCOUNT (save for T54 lt when it was tier 8). Bought most if not all Tier 4 ,5 & 6 tanks on discount also.

Bought 99% of my equipment for all tanks on DISCOUNT.

But potato players will attribute my stack on premium account or something else.

Its easier to blame anything other than yourself.

Anyone who is struggling with credits deserves it.

Edited by demon_tank, 07 May 2020 - 01:04 PM.

ArmouredPenguin #10 Posted 06 May 2020 - 08:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19488 battles

View Postdemon_tank, on 06 May 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

177 mil credits.

I bought ALL my Tier 7 ,8 , 9 & 10 tanks ON DISCOUNT (save for T54 lt when it was tier 8). Bought most if not all Tier 4 ,5 & 6 tanks on discount also.

Bought 99% of my equipment for all tanks on DISCOUNT.

But potato players will attribute my stack on premium account or something else.

Its easier to blame anything other than yourself.

Anyone who is strugling with credits deserves it.

Well congrats to you but since you been a bit salty in you message I will add that I think your not quite intelligent enough to understand my point fully. Maybe worth toning down your arrogance also :P

chessstud #11 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:57 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19448 battles

View PostArmouredPenguin, on 06 May 2020 - 07:55 PM, said:

Well congrats to you but since you been a bit salty in you message I will add that I think your not quite intelligent enough to understand my point fully. Maybe worth toning down your arrogance also :P

A common trend on this forum is that people with high post counts generally have a low post quality. Don't worry about this.

You're right about credits being economised. It's really hard to get boosts for credits compared to free XP, crew skills and experience. It's definitely a ploy to get people to spend more real money. 

Spurtung #12 Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:21 AM

General

• Player
  • 80837 battles

View Postchessstud, on 07 May 2020 - 02:57 AM, said:

A common trend on this forum is that people with high post counts generally have a low post quality. Don't worry about this.

You're right about credits being economised. It's really hard to get boosts for credits compared to free XP, crew skills and experience. It's definitely a ploy to get people to spend more real money.

He's right, though.

I've often had clanmates buying equipment at full price right after getting a tank, also at full price. I plan things and when there are discounts, I already know which equipment needs to be bought and to which tank it's going.

It wasn't always like that, however, as I've grinded most of my lines using toolbox, binos and camonet as equipment, and often sharing modules between tanks to save the credits.

At the moment, there are 435 tanks in my garage, all of which are ready to play (equipment+modules) with the exception of needing to mount some style on the ones that have no permanent camo.

Recently I've spent about 110mil on crewbooks, so don't say credits are hard to come by, especially with WG giving out 1 or 2 premium tanks in the last few months with the tankrewards.

As per the credit boosts, I have well over 200 about 400 in the depot, so there's another thing you're not very accurate about.

At most, you can say that people that play casually will struggle, but that's about it.

Edited by Spurtung, 07 May 2020 - 06:52 PM.

StronkiTonki #13 Posted 07 May 2020 - 06:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35752 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Mostly a result from making exp grinding a lot easier. But credit grinding stayed the same. (Credit earning powercreeped? :trollface:)

I have all tier 10 tanks researched, and it took me about 9 years to do that.

So let's show some stats, to compare my first tier 10 grind, to a grind a few years later, and my most recent grinds.

Now I must take into account that I also have become a better player, which has also helped me get more exp quicker, and I also resorted to using free exp to prevent playing in stock tanks in later years, wheras early on, I would play stock tanks, but still:

My first tier 9 tank: M103: 384 battles

My second tier 9 tank: B-C 25 t AP (Back then the Lorraine 40t): 333 battles

My third tier 9 tank: VK 45.02 B: 319 battles

Now here's some tanks I got somewhere in the middle of my 9 year journey:

WZ-111 1-4: 139 battles

Skoda T 50: 132 battles

T54E1: 130 battles

Now my most recent grinds that I finished only this and last year:

IS-3-II: 55 battles

AMX M4 51: 55 battles

Obj 705: 50 battles

50TP: 29 battles

Standard B: 37 battles

AMXX 30: 39 battles

Centurion 7/1: 42 battles

UDES 16: 50 battles

It clearly shows how fewer battles I needed to research tier 10 tanks compared to in the past.

Now this is due to multiple reasons:

-I became a better player

-I used more free exp for upgrades

-x5 exp missions, premium acc that gives x3 extras, exp boosters etc etc

The third one definitely making the biggest difference. Since getting 10k+ exp was only doable with the most epic battles on a x5 weekend.

But using a booster that gives x2 exp, add an activatable x3 exp bonus from premium account, use up a x5 mission, and boom. You just multiplied your exp enough times to be able to get your tier 10 researched in notime.

So bottom line: You're spoiled with exp being so easy to earn, but credits have stayed the same. So better go grind them.

Edited by StronkiTonki, 07 May 2020 - 06:05 AM.

Tealo #14 Posted 07 May 2020 - 06:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47931 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

Very True!

But I agree with WG have nerfed Credit making and I agree with the reason for doing it.

Gold ammo spam! One hand everyone complains about it and it has gotten so bad even WG has plans to rebalance it! (eventually :sceptic:) But until they do the reason for the gold ammo spam is because player can afford to spam gold ammo for credits, as there's too many credits floating around the game economy (this is one of primary causes of inflation in economics good example is Dutch Disease )  causing inflation ie the gold ammo spam.

WG have been trying to drain the surplus credits with reduce income from events, The Blackmarket and Directives for credits etc Of course WG could simple increase the cost of the gold ammo by doubling it but the sad truth is most of the player base would complain about it (but at the same time still complain about the gold ammo spam) and accuse WG of trying to increase it's profits by getting players to spend their silver ie pay to win... To increase their profits which of course doesn't make much sense as its a in game currency which is earned in game,

(They are very few whom would buy Fort Knox to spam gold all day, Very Few did in the old days, most didn't!)

But the perception of  Pay to Win would increase and this isnt 2011 anymore.

So damn if you do, damn if you don't, So either way they are going to get grief for it:facepalm:

Might as well rebalance the whole thing, Gold ammo by reducing its damage and the Ru server is crying over it see above..

Edited by Tealo, 07 May 2020 - 06:07 AM.

DeanWong #15 Posted 07 May 2020 - 06:26 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15019 battles
  • [WHEN] WHEN

View PostStronkiTonki, on 07 May 2020 - 06:03 AM, said:

Mostly a result from making exp grinding a lot easier. But credit grinding stayed the same. (Credit earning powercreeped? :trollface:)

I have all tier 10 tanks researched, and it took me about 9 years to do that.

So let's show some stats, to compare my first tier 10 grind, to a grind a few years later, and my most recent grinds.

Now I must take into account that I also have become a better player, which has also helped me get more exp quicker, and I also resorted to using free exp to prevent playing in stock tanks in later years, wheras early on, I would play stock tanks, but still:

My first tier 9 tank: M103: 384 battles

My second tier 9 tank: B-C 25 t AP (Back then the Lorraine 40t): 333 battles

My third tier 9 tank: VK 45.02 B: 319 battles

Now here's some tanks I got somewhere in the middle of my 9 year journey:

WZ-111 1-4: 139 battles

Skoda T 50: 132 battles

T54E1: 130 battles

Now my most recent grinds that I finished only this and last year:

IS-3-II: 55 battles

AMX M4 51: 55 battles

Obj 705: 50 battles

50TP: 29 battles

Standard B: 37 battles

AMXX 30: 39 battles

Centurion 7/1: 42 battles

UDES 16: 50 battles

It clearly shows how fewer battles I needed to research tier 10 tanks compared to in the past.

Now this is due to multiple reasons:

-I became a better player

-I used more free exp for upgrades

-x5 exp missions, premium acc that gives x3 extras, exp boosters etc etc

The third one definitely making the biggest difference. Since getting 10k+ exp was only doable with the most epic battles on a x5 weekend.

But using a booster that gives x2 exp, add an activatable x3 exp bonus from premium account, use up a x5 mission, and boom. You just multiplied your exp enough times to be able to get your tier 10 researched in notime.

So bottom line: You're spoiled with exp being so easy to earn, but credits have stayed the same. So better go grind them.

Very true.

In 2012 when I grinded my T110E4, took me 400++ battles in the T30. Same for the E100 but it took 100 battles less because E75 was such a better tank to play and I was improving. (forgot to add that WG removed the +4 MM, which meant less tier 5/6 and more damage)

Came back in 2014, T110E5 took me 400++ battles in M103.

Came back in 2020. 

My object 277, object 430U and super conq each took less than a 100 battles to grind. 

To OP:

In terms of credits, it is also easier to grind due to credit boosters, platoon boosters and frontline. Each FL enables me to get 1 fully equip tier 10 and tier 9, which brings the total to about 10 million. My suggestions are to aim for events and also reroll your daily missions for credits if you are in dire needs.

Edited by DeanWong, 07 May 2020 - 06:27 AM.

imendars #16 Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14339 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 07 May 2020 - 07:21 AM, said:

He's right, though.

I've often had clanmates buying equipment at full price right after getting a tank, also at full price. I plan things and when there are discounts, I already know which equipment needs to be bought and to which tank it's going.

It wasn't always like that, however, as I've grinded most of my lines using toolbox, binos and camonet as equipment, and often sharing modules between tanks to save the credits.

At the moment, there are 435 tanks in my garage, all of which are ready to play (equipment+modules) with the exception of needing to mount some style on the ones that have no permanent camo.

Recently I've spent about 110mil on crewbooks, so don't say credits are hard to come by, especially with WG giving out 1 or 2 premium tanks in the last few months with the tankrewards.

As per the credit boosts, I have well over 200 in the depot, so there's another thing you're not very accurate about.

At most, you can say that people that play casually will struggle, but that's about it.

If only I h ad your patience... oh well... :sceptic:

jabster #17 Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12848 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostArmouredPenguin, on 06 May 2020 - 04:43 PM, said:

Is WG making credits more difficult to collect to entice real money spending?

I have always found that I unlock a tank before I make the credits to buy it. I currently have 10 tanks I am waiting to buy, mostly tier 7,8, 9 and 10.

Now with so many blueprints available this becomes an even bigger issue. I do love the blueprints for helping me skip tanks i don't want to play but it really seems like this game requires you to spend plenty of time in premo tanks to grind the credits needed.

This problem is even bigger if you don't have premium account and more so if you like to play your tier 10's. Lets also not forget the issue of being low tier in battle and feeling like you don't have choice in using special (gold) ammo if you want to pen.

Furthermore, I noticed the rewards for last years frontlines had 3 tier 8 premo tanks to choose from for grinding credits. Whereas this year is only tier 9 crew training tanks.

Lastly, I am pretty sure most players will find themselves with loads of exp and crew boosting reserves but not so many credit ones. Not surprising that in anniversary store you can buy the first two with the new coins but not the credit ones.

Overall, I do appreciate the chance of free tank no matter what tier; 7, 8, or 9. And happy to get as many blueprints as possible. But I get bored spending too much time in my premo tanks, especially now they maxed on the battle pass points I can make in them. Also I would love to play my tier 10's more without losing credits.

Opinions????

It’s quite possible yes, WG make one half (exp.) of obtaining a tank easier but the second half (credits) states the same. The result, players have tanks unlocked that they want to buy but can’t afford them. Why not get a premium account and/or tank to generate those required credits.

It’s also possible that they realise there are a lot of credit rich players about and they are just giving them an easy way to access more content.

kaneloon #18 Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33044 battles

Still you can only play one tank at a time ... what is the use of having tiers X tanks in your garage that you won't play ?

I must have played 1k games in my IS7 before buying another tiers X. Now I have too many of them, can't fully enjoy them all.

Too many tanks is a problem too.

demon_tank #19 Posted 07 May 2020 - 01:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28929 battles
  • [-SHRP] -SHRP

View PostArmouredPenguin, on 06 May 2020 - 07:55 PM, said:

Im not salty im just telling you how it works. If you re struggling with credits its because you re doing something wrong and not due to my saltyness.

A common thread on this forum is people who complain about stuff are mostly bad players who whine about stuff because they have no idea how they work.

View PostSpurtung, on 07 May 2020 - 04:21 AM, said:

He's right, though.

As per the credit boosts, I have well over 200 in the depot, so there's another thing you're not very accurate about.

Stop using logic with bad players or impatient 12yo children who MUST buy a tank after they just unliocked it and must also buy equipemnt for it as if its going to be unavaible at some point.

They dont get it and they blame anything and find excuses nomatter what.

Ragoutrabbit #20 Posted 07 May 2020 - 02:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11658 battles

Games pay to win, everything is designed to force you to spend money to be competitive just get used to it.

I can't even afford teir 10 took me 3 years and selling everything in the depot and the Caernarvon just to get the conqueror without equipment and can't even afford to run the bloody thing loses to much silver, and not going to play 100's of low teir games to do so.

Edited by Ragoutrabbit, 07 May 2020 - 02:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users