Sick and tired of losing.

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Ailok_Konem #1 Posted 07 May 2020 - 02:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2434 battles

Im a new player, only been playing for about a month. I have never been more humiliated in a game then in this one. Every single day i try i end up with huge losses against very few victories. Today im at 5 wins and 17 losses and a 19% survival rate. But i had days with 11 losses and 0 wins. I undestand that the game need to be hard but this is ridiculous. Even if i play at lower tiers ( i tried stick to tier 2 to learn the maps ) i still face often players with 6-7k rating ( im at 2.7k.). The matchmaking of battles is extremely out of focus and i think it makes new players having a hard time adjusting to the game. I already considered quitting this game multiple times and ive only been here a month lol. 

In my opinion until you reach 3-4k rating you should only face similiar tier and rating adversaries. I understand it might be fun for a highly skilled player to get into a tier 3-4 tank and just blaze the blood of noobs on his turret, but for an unskilled player i have to be honest it becomes very frustrating and unplayable. 

Ragoutrabbit #2 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11612 battles

You went top tier too soon, Plus the higher the tier the more pay to win it becomes.

The_Naa #3 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11428 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostThanatosDeath, on 07 May 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

Im a new player, only been playing for about a month. I have never been more humiliated in a game then in this one. Every single day i try i end up with huge losses against very few victories. Today im at 5 wins and 17 losses and a 19% survival rate. But i had days with 11 losses and 0 wins. I undestand that the game need to be hard but this is ridiculous. Even if i play at lower tiers ( i tried stick to tier 2 to learn the maps ) i still face often players with 6-7k rating ( im at 2.7k.). The matchmaking of battles is extremely out of focus and i think it makes new players having a hard time adjusting to the game. I already considered quitting this game multiple times and ive only been here a month lol. 

In my opinion until you reach 3-4k rating you should only face similiar tier and rating adversaries. I understand it might be fun for a highly skilled player to get into a tier 3-4 tank and just blaze the blood of noobs on his turret, but for an unskilled player i have to be honest it becomes very frustrating and unplayable. 

you are playing on rather high tier level.

there is skill cap in each tier and some require you to know what you are doing, where and what are you up against.

unlike in say tier 6 game where you are driving a T-150 and you do mistake you have more time to realise what you did wrong and maybe save the situation without any penalty.

but on higher tiers if you do a mistake you will get punished for it.

my first game for today was just that. poking over a ridge in my T57 to shoot an EBR only to be obliterated by their TD's autoloaders and arty on the spot.

no one is stoping you from playing high tiers but do know that your team expects a lot more from you there.

if you want to carefully study the game and get the ''feel for it' drop down some tier until you start doing great again. :)

VeryRisky #4 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:06 PM

General

• Player
  • 18897 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Er, I looked you up and you are at 43% WR so that';s more like 7 win and 10 loss on average.

But you talk about low tier games and you are playing most of your games in tier 8......I am confused.

Flicka #5 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23729 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

You have three options, you can help yourself by not giving a single % of damn what happens and just keep going zoom zoom and boom boom. Thus having fun.

Option two, try to actually improve in this game, learn, read, watch and learn, get better and get more enjoyment out of it.

Or option three, just stop playing this, it might just be it is not something suited to you.

Anything else is just a waste of your time, well, most of it is a waste of your time, but at least in some of it you should have some fun or do something that interests you.

Ailok_Konem #6 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2434 battles

View PostVeryRisky, on 07 May 2020 - 03:06 PM, said:

Er, I looked you up and you are at 43% WR so that';s more like 7 win and 10 loss on average.

But you talk about low tier games and you are playing most of your games in tier 8......I am confused.

I played wot in beta, and a couple of months after. most of that WR its from then. Since i started again it actually went down from 46%. 

Mimos_A #7 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31720 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

It's because you rushed the tiers without bothering to learn a single thing along the way.

Drop down to a few tier 5 tanks you like and actually learn the basics of the game. Cause right now, you will keep losing a lot, because every team you're in is pretty much a man down.

Sounds harsh, but sometimes the reality of the situation just isn't very pretty.

VeryRisky #8 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:37 PM

General

• Player
  • 18897 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThanatosDeath, on 07 May 2020 - 02:17 PM, said:

I played wot in beta, and a couple of months after. most of that WR its from then. Since i started again it actually went down from 46%. 

Seriously man, I don't think all of this is tanks that were there in beta.    High tier lights are kinda tricky.

I'm take a breath and work up a line or two a bit slower.    I deliberately took ages, playing 100+ games in all the tanks at lower tiers when I did the US tree.   

wsatnutter #9 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27401 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

get a KV1 and then go from there

edit BTW  a top tip someone gave me was always try and do more damage than your hit points also when in garage seek out the forumites channel the password is

play4fun

there you will find players who will toon with you and help you with your  gameplay

good luck m8

Edited by wsatnutter, 07 May 2020 - 03:59 PM.

The_Naa #10 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11428 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostVeryRisky, on 07 May 2020 - 03:37 PM, said:

Seriously man, I don't think all of this is tanks that were there in beta.    High tier lights are kinda tricky.

PIC of TANKS*

I'm take a breath and work up a line or two a bit slower.    I deliberately took ages, playing 100+ games in all the tanks at lower tiers when I did the US tree.   

View Postwsatnutter, on 07 May 2020 - 03:38 PM, said:

get a KV1 and then go from there

those are some really good advise for you OP. but im not here to say you cant play high tier tanks but considering...

Block Quote

Sick and tired of losing.

you might want to try something a little bit smaller. as looking at all the tanks you have you barely make 600 damage in any of your tanks with few exceptions.

you will win more often once you get the hand of it. after all you are part of the team and you need to carry your weight.

or you know. just hope you get a highly skilled player in your team who will do that for you but thats basically hows it been for you so far. :P

Edited by The_Naa, 07 May 2020 - 03:51 PM.

_Signal_ #11 Posted 07 May 2020 - 04:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49326 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostThanatosDeath, on 07 May 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

Each tier has it's own skill level, just because you might be good in tier 6 doesn;t mean you will be good straight away at tier 7 8 9 or 10, each tier has it's own challenges you need to master. Unfortunately WG don;t place any kind of bar until you reach a certain level before you can try the next they just say "here go play tier 8 straight away or tier 10 in a week" and people expect all tiers to be the same, believe me the difference between even tier 9 and 10 is a lot.

VeryRisky #12 Posted 07 May 2020 - 04:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 18897 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The other mistake is to see the game as a task to grind up to tier 10.   It's better to look at is as having hundreds of tanks, getting good at each one is it's own challenge.   Some of those challenges are harder than others, but you aren't forced to take those if you don't want to.

The only objective that matters is to win the battle you are in, or about to start.   Don't worry about the number of battles you lost, but think about what you might have done differently to help win them and then hit battle again and have another go.

chessstud #13 Posted 07 May 2020 - 04:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19213 battles

The main problem is the amount of seal clubbers at low tiers. I started grinding my first German line and I decided to sit at tier 5 in my VK for 50 battles to get 6 sense before moving on. The amount of t67s and LefHs seal clubbing is disgusting. You check their stats after the game and see they typically have thousands of battles in that one tank. I'm sorry for a new player who lacks experience of maps in addition to having a bad crew.

Sorry about your experience in this game. It's just badly designed and a crapexperience for new players. I recommend spending more time on each tank to gain knowledge of the maps and train your crew. In addition, you might consider grinding a heavy line first to gain more knowledge of the game mechanics as lights are less forgiving.

NekoPuffer_PPP #14 Posted 07 May 2020 - 04:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36600 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Here's some advice...

Do not go past tier 5 with <5000 battles played.

Do not go past tier 8 with <10000 battles played.

Do not play tier 10 with <15000 battles played.

Getting good at this game takes time and a lot of practice.

Several thousands of battles sound like a lot, but it's not. You're not gonna get good quickly, that's simply a fact. Take your time and stay at a comfortable tier, with a tank you like, and just practice. You'll get better eventually.

I progressed through the game by researching every tank in a particular tier before moving on to the next tier, and it's done me good. I highly advise doing the same.

24doom24 #15 Posted 07 May 2020 - 04:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9466 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
Same. At 38% over the last 7 days. Every game I'm watching my team evaporate.

Kingfish__ #16 Posted 07 May 2020 - 04:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8141 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Losing sickness cure:

1. Buy KV1, equip 122.
2. Load gold.
3. Win.
4. Read angry message from enemy team in garage.
5. Press battle.
6. Repeat steps 1—5.

I of course would never do this, I heard it from a friend. 

Wreckedum #17 Posted 07 May 2020 - 04:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 126455 battles
OP I am also having a really bad day. Tier VIII, IX & X are full of players like you, that have absolutely no clue what they are doing. Map after map of battles where players only go one way, thinking there is safety in numbers. There is not - that is the way to get shot in the back. You and others like you are really spoiling this game. Please learn what you are doing at lower tiers and stop spoiling everyone's fun

Gkirmathal #18 Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8692 battles
  • [2VTD] 2VTD

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 07 May 2020 - 03:52 PM, said:

Here's some advice...

Do not go past tier 5 with <5000 battles played.

Do not go past tier 8 with <10000 battles played.

Do not play tier 10 with <15000 battles played.

Getting good at this game takes time and a lot of practice.

Several thousands of battles sound like a lot, but it's not. You're not gonna get good quickly, that's simply a fact. Take your time and stay at a comfortable tier, with a tank you like, and just practice. You'll get better eventually.

I progressed through the game by researching every tank in a particular tier before moving on to the next tier, and it's done me good. I highly advise doing the same.

Solid advice this!

OP don't too much focus too much on needing to win all the time will. Becoming consistent in dealing damage, will result in better games. Focus on that, so first drop down to tier 5 max, then start focusing on doing at least your tanks amount of health/HP worth of damage.

For example you have a tank with 750HP health, make it you goal to achieve this as minimum damage per battle. Once you get a bit more consistent in doing that, a.k. you are learning your tank, you will also start seeing some progression in wr.

24doom24 #19 Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9466 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostWreckedum, on 07 May 2020 - 03:56 PM, said:

OP I am also having a really bad day. Tier VIII, IX & X are full of players like you, that have absolutely no clue what they are doing. Map after map of battles where players only go one way, thinking there is safety in numbers. There is not - that is the way to get shot in the back. You and others like you are really spoiling this game. Please learn what you are doing at lower tiers and stop spoiling everyone's fun

125k games holy s**t. Do you do anything other than play WoT?

Edit: May I add that he is a tier 5/6 seal clubber too. 25k games in a T67. Talk about spoiling everyone's fun.:D

Edited by 24doom24, 07 May 2020 - 05:13 PM.

Kingfish__ #20 Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8141 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post24doom24, on 07 May 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

125k games holy s**t. Do you do anything other than play WoT?

...and over 25,000 games in the T67 alone. I think I know somebody who wasn't pleased with the latest update.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users