Jump to content


Great event, I genuinely love playing it!


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

killer999death #1 Posted 07 May 2020 - 04:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27490 battles
  • 751
  • [JHS] JHS
  • Member since:
    06-25-2011
I love, love, this event because it is just like playing random battles with focusing arty. Makes me feel alive, you know. 




To whoever had the idea of AI arty and whoever coded the AI to constantly focus 1 player, I give my headset off to you because I don't have a hat. I hope you get a raise and become the next CEO of Wargaming soon because your ideas are great. Love it! Pro tip, next time put tier 10 arty instead Wespe in.

ilmavarvas #2 Posted 07 May 2020 - 04:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24082 battles
  • 892
  • [PR-22] PR-22
  • Member since:
    01-08-2014
Just stop camping! :trollface:

chessstud #3 Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:02 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19448 battles
  • 151
  • Member since:
    11-22-2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCdUHMdF_J4

Kingfish__ #4 Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:08 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8184 battles
  • 74
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-08-2016

 

whoever had the idea of AI arty and whoever coded the AI to constantly focus 1 player...

 

It was the stuffed cat.



24doom24 #5 Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:23 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9494 battles
  • 1,709
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View Postilmavarvas, on 07 May 2020 - 03:47 PM, said:

Just stop camping! :trollface:

 



TankkiPoju #6 Posted 07 May 2020 - 06:06 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 25871 battles
  • 7,983
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
Can't tell if you are being sarcastic, or super sarcastic.

wsatnutter #7 Posted 07 May 2020 - 06:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27425 battles
  • 10,265
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View PostTankkiPoju, on 07 May 2020 - 05:06 PM, said:

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic, or super sarcastic.

very sarcastic i think myself



ilmavarvas #8 Posted 07 May 2020 - 06:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24082 battles
  • 892
  • [PR-22] PR-22
  • Member since:
    01-08-2014
Maybe he's the M from S&M? :popcorn:

Pathethicc_Noob #9 Posted 07 May 2020 - 07:18 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39037 battles
  • 996
  • Member since:
    12-09-2012
The event is pretty good I think, and AI is decent. Its good break from random battles, but with the arty, its not only good.. its amazing. It was the best possible idea to give AI defenders arties. I mean really. Without them this event would suck.

Edited by _Carpaccio_, 07 May 2020 - 07:18 PM.


IAmBrexit #10 Posted 07 May 2020 - 07:30 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 17560 battles
  • 125
  • Member since:
    02-10-2016
You mean the lefh18b2's with a Wespe skin?

Ricox #11 Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:23 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 826 battles
  • 87
  • Member since:
    07-22-2010

View Postilmavarvas, on 07 May 2020 - 03:47 PM, said:

Just stop camping! :trollface:

 

Nearly all the times I've been getting sniped by arty have been with me pushing at the front. Hell, the less aggressive the rest of the team is the less likely they are to get artied as they're probably not even spotted. So your "gotcha" advice doesn't really work here. Laser SPGs are probably even more of an annoyance than the AFKs in this gamemode - and here it's not any conspiracy, they really get insane accuracy (although for some bizzare reason they also ricochet/bounce occassionally).


Edited by Ricox, 07 May 2020 - 08:24 PM.


WindSplitter1 #12 Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:49 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 21410 battles
  • 3,959
  • [WINDY] WINDY
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

I like arty and have nothing against it.

 

But the OP is kinda right. The AI SPGs focus fire upon a single player. You rarely lose too much HP and sometimes they hit for no dmg but it is annoying.

Don't get me wrong, focus fire is a valid tactic, even more so for SPGs. Then again, it's a small matter for me. TDs are much worse.



ilmavarvas #13 Posted 07 May 2020 - 09:01 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24082 battles
  • 892
  • [PR-22] PR-22
  • Member since:
    01-08-2014

View PostRicox, on 07 May 2020 - 08:23 PM, said:

 

Nearly all the times I've been getting sniped by arty have been with me pushing at the front. Hell, the less aggressive the rest of the team is the less likely they are to get artied as they're probably not even spotted. So your "gotcha" advice doesn't really work here. Laser SPGs are probably even more of an annoyance than the AFKs in this gamemode - and here it's not any conspiracy, they really get insane accuracy (although for some bizzare reason they also ricochet/bounce occassionally).

 

Sarcasm, ever heard of that? :trollface:



Tilly042 #14 Posted 07 May 2020 - 09:43 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38342 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    09-08-2012

Given the usual dislike of clickers, I find it amazing that WG thought folks would enjoy getting pounded by AI ones. 

 

Apart from the infuriating clicker AI, its interesting to see that the bots have a better play style than many players these days.  

 



killer999death #15 Posted 07 May 2020 - 09:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27490 battles
  • 751
  • [JHS] JHS
  • Member since:
    06-25-2011

View Post_Carpaccio_, on 07 May 2020 - 07:18 PM, said:

The event is pretty good I think, and AI is decent. Its good break from random battles, but with the arty, its not only good.. its amazing. It was the best possible idea to give AI defenders arties. I mean really. Without them this event would suck.



It's amazing because the defending arties work so well together. All two or three of them shooting the same target at the same time because they fire instantly when reloaded so their reload is all synced up. 


It's like real life platoon arty players who focus on target to get rid of those pesky camping enemies, serving them justice.



hoveruss #16 Posted 07 May 2020 - 09:46 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22476 battles
  • 247
  • Member since:
    02-01-2014
Arty that can shoot thru buildings as well.

ilmavarvas #17 Posted 07 May 2020 - 10:18 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24082 battles
  • 892
  • [PR-22] PR-22
  • Member since:
    01-08-2014

View Postkiller999death, on 07 May 2020 - 09:46 PM, said:



It's amazing because the defending arties work so well together. All two or three of them shooting the same target at the same time because they fire instantly when reloaded so their reload is all synced up. 


It's like real life platoon arty players who focus on target to get rid of those pesky camping enemies, serving them justice.

 

Personally I like that the arty can shoot and hit you even after you're not spotted anymore, would love to have that ability in my tech tree arties too, maybe some premium consumable or something like that?



TheDrownedApe #18 Posted 07 May 2020 - 10:47 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 53093 battles
  • 6,810
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
I've killed far more hummels than have focussed me. Get a grip op and play randoms instead 

Balc0ra #19 Posted 07 May 2020 - 10:53 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77299 battles
  • 23,316
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
They really should make it so that the AI arty doesn't all focus on the same target. First-tier III game I played, I got smacked for 900 HP by 3 Hummels less than 15 seconds into it, all at the exact same time. And they should have 3x more dispersion. They hit dead on more so then Steve does in randoms considering the size of the play areas.

Jundi_Shabab #20 Posted 08 May 2020 - 12:35 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3922 battles
  • 136
  • Member since:
    07-16-2013

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 07 May 2020 - 09:47 PM, said:

I've killed far more hummels than have focussed me. Tripe.

 

Yeah of course you have son.

 

yawn.

23:40 Added after 5 minute

View Postkiller999death, on 07 May 2020 - 03:30 PM, said:

I love, love, this event because it is just like playing random battles with focusing arty. Makes me feel alive, you know. 




To whoever had the idea of AI arty and whoever coded the AI to constantly focus 1 player, I give my headset off to you because I don't have a hat. I hope you get a raise and become the next CEO of Wargaming soon because your ideas are great. Love it! Pro tip, next time put tier 10 arty instead Wespe in.


No idea why they thought putting the most loathed aspect of the game in what should be some chilled out PVE would endear it to the players.

Potentially enjoyable mode ruined.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users