AMX12t

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
235 replies to this topic

Minkes #21 Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Very interesting tank. The only times it works well is on flat ground with enough space to circle an enemy.
You can kill even a Ferdinand using circling when you shoot him in the side or back.
The problem is: Not many such opportunities present itself.
My advice: Stay hidden until you have a pretty good idea where the enemy tanks are and attack enemys that go solo or the artillery. Remember to have cover ready when you need to reload.

Oublieux #22 Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Stealing victory from the jaws of death!!! First I circle strafe this Su85 who cant hit me, then I go cap the base before the IS-3 comes back, I was like seconds away from death the whole time, very fun, look:

Posted Image

Virtus #23 Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Pluses:
- none
Minuses:
- crapy gun elevation, crapy engine, crapy gun, overall crapy tank with extremely crapy matchmaking.

TomasOneil #24 Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Veteran
  • 0 battles
I fell in love with this tank :) Very enjoyable, but it needs special playstyle which fits only for some players.
Posted Image

Sotahullu #25 Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Well, this thing rapes pretty much any tier 5-6 tank with no porblem...

SO yeah I love this little thing  :)

TrackLord #26 Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Thanks to Exard3k and Alpharius for those answers.

Looks like I will give this tank a try.

2dme #27 Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Things i love about the AMX 132t
1. Its completely wacky. Just like most French tanks it doesn't conform to standard design, rear turret, autoloading, the weird turret carriage system (don't know what its called), behaves more like a fast med than a pure scout.

2. Under the right conditions its a menace to everything. If you circle an IS-3 you can take it out from 100%, you just need flat ground, open space and to be alone... so thats not very often. Otherwise, as a group they can hound most tanks to death, simply have one person block the front, the other the rear, and boom, eventually dead heavy.

3. Autoloaders. Makes rapid attacks effective, of course, you will have to retreat or dodge thanks to magazine reloading, but its worth it for the sheer number of shots you can get off in one go.

4. credits. As long as you can keep alive for a little bit, you can get a few shots off, maybe penetrate something, and earn a fair bit of cash doing so. just don't expect to dominate.

Things i hate
1. Stupid gun depression and no gun incline/decline. You can't shoot on hills, hell, you can't even shoot on slight inclines, you're going to have to be patient but quick in order to find a place to attack from. You also need to be able to take not of how the gun responds at different heights whilst avoiding being shot and speeding around, so be aware of surroundings!

2. Engine shots, engine shots, engine shots. You will get shot in the engine. Get used to it. Try to remain out of the enemies turret traverse and hope that your friends can help you out.

3. More often than not, MM screws it over. Yes the MM sucks, we all know it. However, you'll often get put in tier 9 and tier 7 battles in which it can't do a thing other than scout. just take your time and find the stuff you can shoot. If not, suicide scout (doesn't work, not fast enough) or unload your magazines into the nearest thing for sharpshooter bonuses.

Exard3k #28 Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Post2dme, on 07 January 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

2. Engine shots, engine shots, engine shots. You will get shot in the engine. Get used to it. Try to remain out of the enemies turret traverse and hope that your friends can help you out.

and instead of the russians, you cant equip a cyclone filter....equipment choice is really bad in general.

2dme #29 Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostExard3k, on 07 January 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

and instead of the russians, you cant equip a cyclone filter....equipment choice is really bad in general.

I suppose, but i don't usually use equipment, so can't comment.

A good tactic is to team up with something like Type 59s as you can use them as cover, they're fast, they can take a lot of punishment and hit hard. you can use this to your advantage by letting them take the brunt of the shots, whilst finding a place to shoot from, or poking out and unloading a magazine or even blocking an enemies escape for the 59s to finish off

kaasunaamio #30 Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
How do you people play this bugger? It reminds me of M10 and so I use it as TD/sniper.

SneakyStephan #31 Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostMCHammond, on 07 January 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

I dont get why some think this tank is bad? the AMX 12t is an awsome tank. I own all three tier 5 lights and this can kill all of them easy. It has a unique playing style but once you get used to it you can take down prey 4 times your size.

I eat KV's in it, and the armour is good for a tier 5 light, it seems to bounce alot for me. I have killed/damaged alot of heavy tanks in this beast. all thous talking about this being a bad gun are obvously pointing the wrong end at the enemy. Its the best gun on any of the tier 5 lights by far.

The closest tank in tearms of playing style i can think of is the Panther 1. but once you add in the magazine system its totaly deadly, its a shock and owe tank with a tiny size that is often missed by even the most pro gunner with expert shot leading skills.

Yes if you try and snipe you will get owned, the best tactic is to flank and find a hiding place, then pop out and empty and entire clip into the side of an enemy then role back and hide to reload the mag. Its also a medium tank killer, Type 59's can be easly penetrated with its gun and if you catch one off gaurd you can deal lots of damage.

Yes you might not get alot of kills and you might get one shotted some times, but its not a scout. If you play this tank like a scout you fail, play it more like a panther 1 with anger issues and you have a winner.

It's not a scout yet you compare the armor and gun to those of light tanks AND it gets matchmade like a scout.
Do you see where you are going wrong here?

If you can't scout and end up in t9 battles at t5 then you are completely useless.
I 'll be happy every time I get a t50 in my team and the opposite team has a 12t

Oublieux #32 Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postkaasunaamio, on 07 January 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

How do you people play this bugger? It reminds me of M10 and so I use it as TD/sniper.

It's a ninja tank, you gotta be fast and deadly

No wonder so many people hate french tanks, they're playing them wrong, especially USSR fans who think they can take hits from anywhere hahaha  :lol:

View PostExard3k, on 07 January 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

that's true, just the basic stuff is available

MordecaiISC #33 Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postkaasunaamio, on 07 January 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Find some cover, preferably with line of sight to the enemy attack route. Wait. Wait. Wait. Unload magazine into nearest tank which had mistake of showing it's side or rear to you. Run away. And reload whenever you have occasion. Even after firing one shell. You don't want to face oposition without fully loaded magazine.

Pay attention to their turret facing - if its not facing you blaze away, if it does, pray to god it wont hit you, because it'll probably blow you to smithereens with first hit. And forget about facing enemies alone - while it may work with some tanks, more often than not it won't. You need someone to distract the enemy and when that happens, attack. Cowardly, probably. Effective, yes.

Exard3k #34 Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostThracius, on 07 January 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

that's true, just the basic stuff is available

Germans got grousers, soviets have removed speed govenor and US-/german can fuel 100 octane. I want more power to the engines  :angry:

Panocek #35 Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
But you have coffee and croissants for your crew! :Smile-hiding:

michaelius #36 Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostSotahullu, on 07 January 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

Well, this thing rapes pretty much any tier 5-6 tank with no porblem...

SO yeah I love this little thing  :)

Shooting Panzer IV to death while he can barely make 2 shots is fun ;) But yesterday using secong gun i scored 6 hits on kv-3 around who i circled - 2 in the sides which bouced and 4 in the rear with half of them boucing.

jodgi #37 Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I love it.  Haven't had this much fun since I found the T20.  Glass cannons appeal to me I guess, extreme pluses and minuses make things interesting.

jadei #38 Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
I actually like the tank, except for the lack of gun depression or should i say no gun depression. Its a nice flanking tank who can take out scouts, arty or herass enemies. Most of the games i played i have been the lowest tier unfortunately.

I thought the gun was superior in firing rate untill i came face to face with a wolverine on a hill who fired faster then me and ofcourse didnt have to reload after 6 shots. That was a bit  :huh:

The French tanks just come with a different kind of playstyle you have to adept too and if you can`t, just sell it.

TrackLord #39 Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:53 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Ok, so I decided to go ahead and buy this tank, havn't like the French tanks so far but this not too bad. I have mostly been on losing side but that hasn't deterred me. A few obsevations I would make:

1. Gun ascension (or whatever the raising of the barrel is called) is very bad. Must be a mistake on the part of the devs, It would not be a able to shoot more than 100 meters before the shell hit the groundif this was right.

2. So far I've only used the second gun, with it I find the recoil of the gun disperses the aim circle so much, that you have to wait longer than the reload time to get a tight aim again. Myabe with 100% crew this might not be the case but at 75% it is a bottle neck in the RoF, if accuracy is deired.

3. Stock tracks and engine but its not too slow, should be quite nimble with upgrades I expect, certainy similar to easy8.

4. Not an ideal scout tank because it lacks some camo value. I got spotted a little easier than I would have expected, however, during a brief time spotting for my team, I recievd 18k credits in a lost battle (non-prem), only spotted 2 tanks which got destroyed and a third took some damage. This suggest it could be nice credit earner with better scouting oportunity, especially with camo net and camo crew. They will take time to train up though.

5. I assumed the armour would be of zero help and would get penned everytime. But I bouned a T59 off the turret and more surprisingly an AMX 50 120 off the front of hull. I actually got killed by that tier 9 french heavy while I was trying to take screenshot of where he bounced, so that was some good fortune wasted.

Will continue a see how it performs upgraded. Just a question for thos who have got the 3rd gun, is it much of an improvement? It looks like it will be very similar but I will try it.

Abonimus #40 Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
There i was killing stuff with my t59 enjoying some easy Frenchie kills when suddenly entering party i noticed

AMX 13 90 in the other team above the type59.

Now what does that tell us ? :D