AMX12t

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
235 replies to this topic

SnibediSnabs #221 Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13972 battles

View Postbr00x, on 06 June 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

I finally found a way how this thing works. At least FOR ME!

I dont scout. I dont rush. I wait. And i pick a heavy or two from my team.

Then i follow them with some distance until they engage some enemy heavy tanks. Then, when the fight is really cooking up, i rush in, hit their targets from behind (they mostly ignore you), and get out as fast as possible.

Using this tactic, i had some AWESOME games yesterday. The big risk is that the enemy has a TD or some support tanks behind the heavys that oneshot you. That happens.

But beside that, it worked great. Yesterday i killed a t29, a tiger and a king tiger in a single game.
With the amx 12t.
ME!
ME!
Can you believe that? I could not ;)
the only tactic that gives you decent XP. always follow in a pack.

Dreadmau5 #222 Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12714 battles

View Posti_was_here_97, on 22 June 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

the only tactic that gives you decent XP. always follow in a pack.
Thanks for the tip! :Smile_great:

Personally, i just got the damn thing (only played for two hours and using my PzIV when 12t was busted in battle). I have second engine and the gun from BDR G1B (second one i think) and the thing is just beast, don't even dare look on my win/loss ratio, it doesn't count when u get 4 tanks the first two minutes in TWO games and ur team still looses, when u do that for your team and they loose, you're having a streak of bad games, and I've not fought alot of matches yet (6 when writing), so I can't say winratio matters, but either way, I have NEVER EVER IN THIS GAME seen a non-gold tank on a non-premium account make this much money and XP, while being so fun to play when stock or soo close to it.

To try describe how pleased I am with this thing, I got two and damaged four on the first match (win) when it was completely stock and got 400+XP and 14k creds counting in i died by Hummel from across the map while zigzagging (Enemy charged over field but only about 6 tanks were in the charge so we got them, got first two kills there. Then half of us went to the windmill on the hill, where I ended up shooting some PzIVs to hell as the Tiger they were supprting was too much, before hauling ass down the hill to catch up with a T-50 trying to sneak over to our side right under our noses. I hit it in the engine when first saw it and it was on fire a few secs (still going fast as hell towards our base, but I was closing as soon as he was making evasive manouvers to keep my aim off, hence my zigzagging to follow his manouvers) then Hummel hit my engine, no splash dmg, direct hit, no idea how but that guy has skills. :Smile_glasses:

After AMX 40 (the moving barn of a T4 french light tank), this is such a relief, finally I'm where I want to be, WHEN I want to be there, instead of constantly being in the middle of the map turning around in a circle as people to the north ask for help, then die and some guys on our base wants me to do counter scouting, then we finally found enemy arty and so i have to turn that way and so on. I used to get hafway to where i needed to go before everyone there was either dead or the game won. :Smile_amazed:
Now it seems I can be everywhere at the same time, don't know how, but its awesome :ph34r:.

+1 for every good comment on the AMX 12t! :Smile-playing:

P.S. As there are over 200 posts on this topic... I unfortunately can't +1 all of them as i don't have the time to spare (need to fully research 12t and post new comments on its awesomeness :Smile_trollface-3: )

Edited by Dreadmau5, 22 June 2012 - 10:56 PM.

Dreadmau5 #223 Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12714 battles

View Postj_peterson, on 08 June 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

Amx12 is pure shite, but it's the tanks that come after it that's the point of the whole techtree imo.

Amx12 is WAY behind the other tier 5 scouts in the stats, utterly useless turd and it shouldnt be tiered as a scout because it totally sux at scouting.

Are you sure you know how to drive this thing? WG's description of the french AMX series (excluding AMX 38 and 40) describes the paystyle of them to be "hithithithit-RUN!" If you can't get good results with it when using that strategy, you sir, are a BAD player. I've only played 6 games with it, stock, and got 2 kills and a couple wonded on the first game, 4 kills on the second, and tried scouting on the third (YES, u heard me, I tried scouting, and like the description says, you shouldn't use it as a pure scout cause its not designed to be used that way).

The AMX 12t and above, are all designed to follow the "cloak and dagger" concept, sneak in while they don't pay attention, whack them in the head, and sneak out while they still wonder what happened. As for being tiered as a scout, I aggree with you that devs got the MM value a bit wrong, but with the sixshooter 75, I'm not complaining about sacrificing some view and adio range just to fit in a gun that takes away 600HP in 10 seconds. For anti-arty, this thing is beast, for chasing down scouts, it lack a bit of speed and perhaps some on-the-run accuracy, but still good.

Get camo skill if you think you die too fast, i don't have it yet but it should make it a bit harder for the other team to find you. Sixth Sense on commander might also be useful, though I havn't tried that either as crew isn't enough trained yet.

hypernova #224 Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11107 battles
So I'm finished with the AMX12t for now (the T5 arty is not a priority). I didn't manage to get the hang of it unfortunately, 48% WR, 988 efficiency. However I'm doing better in the AMX13-75 with 64% WR. It seems that the AMX12t just lacks that bit of pen, engine power and durability for my playstyle.

yXENN #225 Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2788 battles
Is it just for me or is the bullet drop like really really high?
It seems to drop rapidly after 100m

P_Voronin #226 Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23142 battles
I played a few games with this tank, and I have mixed feelings. On one hand it can frustrate you easily, but on the other hand, if you have a good match, it is awesome.

This is just one of those tanks where it is a challange to learn driving/shooting/whatever with it. And I'm somewhat happy with this one because I hated the AMX40 :P.

GiS_Feanor #227 Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19303 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
I'm actually disappointed about the agility and speed of this thing... It seemed so much faster when I faced it in other tanks...

Fun enough so far. Just have to be patient and pick my battles carefully..

DivizijosArtileristas #228 Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16648 battles
  • [G-Z-V] G-Z-V
It's good tank if you know how to play with it :Smile_glasses:

Lemlem #229 Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5310 battles
It is a fun little tank even though sometimes you just die if you get ambushed or the enemy tracks you on the open. This is one of those tanks that needs a good awareness of your surroundings. So checking your map every few seconds and turning your camera around to see your surrounding, is a skill that you pretty much need with this tank. When you know how the other tanks are positioned, you find your openings where you can go for the rear armour of the enemy tanks. Always check that the enemy gun is not pointing at you when you go for the kill. The easiest targets are tanks that are concentrating on shooting your team members because they rarely even notice you until you start shooting them.

Here is an example of a match where it worked quite well:
http://youtu.be/S0ohrfyMgwQ

The turning is not great on this tank so you can not really circle the enemy heavies too well. You really need to know when to retreat so you do not get shot to pieces.

Murdeer #230 Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19581 battles
in 7.5 if i buy the amx12t i get the efl amx and the +1 garage?

Lalaland #231 Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7740 battles
No, you have the AMX12t in your garage before the release of 7.5 to get the free AMX ELC, if we go by the KV substitution rules.

Murdeer #232 Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19581 battles
but i get the +1 free garage slot?and the 2 amx(instantly sell after that :Smile_veryhappy: )

no need elit the amx12t?

Edited by Murdeer, 09 July 2012 - 01:17 AM.

Lalaland #233 Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7740 battles
http://forum.worldof...anks-73-update/

I don't believe so, if you look above you can see the 7.3 release notes, if you check Case 2 it states that you get the free KV-2 as long as you have the tank in your garage regardless of whether it has Elite status or not.

Crux_T #234 Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
Back to the tank... (Segway)

I think that it should have a lower max tier for matchmaking, at least when stock. Might be Tier 6/7 at stock gun, 7/8 with the next gun, with the top gun maximising the top tier with what it currently is.

Having a stock gun that bounces tier 5s, I don't know why they make it play against tiers above that.

Do the better guns make life easier?

Diedel #235 Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5280 battles

View PostGiS_Feanor, on 04 July 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

I'm actually disappointed about the agility and speed of this thing... It seemed so much faster when I faced it in other tanks...

Fun enough so far. Just have to be patient and pick my battles carefully..

Yeah, that's my biggest disappointment so far. The tiny thing is neither fast nor agile. You can't circle even most heavies, you can just pray that they are stupid or really distracted.

Lalaland #236 Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7740 battles
The 12t always felt to me like a learning curve for the 13/75 by the time you've got the XP you know exactly what a little bit more pen and speed will allow you to do and how to use them to their fullest. These tanks are simply hilarious, even more loltank than my T50-2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users