"Tank Rewards" People that create these Please Listen up!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Gremlin_IV #1 Posted 08 May 2020 - 03:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 95299 battles

For the love of god PLEASE think about your missions each month

Top 10 - 30 times means Sit at the back for 30 battles and don't die or help or win -

most battles there will be 4 - 5 tanks that die early trying to advance (in an effort to win) and score no damage - Unhelpful Joe (I just want a free tank) Smo,  fires 2 shots at the end and is in top ten 

It has already been commented on 15-0 thrashings and this mission does not help

then its the next day then the next

Its across all tiers for 60 battles when players just don't care they just sit sit sit do a little damage at the end to get in the top ten for the free tank etc

This was last months mission and I am betting next months and onwards

WG already learned from their mega grinds that you have to put AND WIN in the mission or its a campfest

Your mission just creates animosity, toxicity and abuse.

I am in constant chat ban now because when I ask for help I get none, then im told to shut up then it all kicks off

There will ALWAYS be players on my team doing this and if that is more than the enemy we lose but its more than that

Winning 15-0 isn't great fun and losing 0-15 isn't great either and your mission format is a positive contribution to these results

Either stop with the rewards or rethink the missions, make them interesting and different, just stop with insane be in the Top Ten model win or lose it don't matter type

For the Love of God and all other Deities

Spurtung #2 Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:45 AM

General

• Player
  • 80615 battles

What about you do some math instead? There's absolutely no need to play 60 battles, or even 30, to get the full rewards.

There's 2500 points for just doing 1 battle each day.

I don't think those alter anyone's way of playing the way you seem to perceive it, but yeah, let it "all kick off", you seem like a reasonable guy.

Gremlin_IV #3 Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 95299 battles

Dude your missing the point 

I am appealing for missions that don't affect the gameplay like this one does -  I don't care about a free tank

Yes I can do just one battle then go play tetris for a while but do you really think players come and play one battle and leave? 

No they try to get the points quickly - maybe because they can only play 2 days a week I don't know (now your response will be well wait till they have left right)

There is always someone on the team not interested in anything but top ten for as many battles as they can.

People will alter their playstyle to the minimum for minmax rewards

As you said you just need to join a battle for 100 points then turn off your computer (do you do that?, come on be honest dude tell me)

New players will look at this and take it as the norm for gameplay - add the 5 bots per battle and the game play is shot through (say something about bots if you like)

We have had the kill 5 tanks missions - this generates kill stealing animosity toxicity and abuse - seeing someone sit and wait aimed not firing waiting for the kill is not good teamplay

They introduced EBR with a mission - drive to enemy spawn and die as quick as possible - not sure what the reward is but its not good teamplay

People also play this game and don't actually care who wins (is that you?)

WG kinda realised there missions were poop (took them a long time) and added some imagination

And lets be honest Top 10 in X battles isn't really imaginative so why not spice them up - top 10 and 1 kill 2 kills something with a little more challenge - make it 20 times not 30 - BUT ADD "And WIN" to whatever it is

The point I was making is that when a battle is 15-0 or 0-15 I don't really enjoy it and its because people play like I said above that these results often happen (you can deny it if you wish to increase your posts)

Addendum: I have 30 forum posts about this game in 94000 battles so yes when I perceive something its based on that (For your information I am also very Anti Wheeled vehicles but that's for another day)

you have nearly 8000 posts here so im guessing anytime someone posts something you jump in and disagree just because you can right. 8000 forum posts wow no wonder threads get sent off track after page one.

Spurtung #4 Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:10 AM

General

• Player
  • 80615 battles

View PostGremlin_IV, on 08 May 2020 - 05:00 AM, said:

I am appealing for missions that don't affect the gameplay like this one does

Am I?

View PostSpurtung, on 08 May 2020 - 03:45 AM, said:

What about you do some math instead? There's absolutely no need to play 60 battles, or even 30, to get the full rewards.

I don't think those alter anyone's way of playing the way you seem to perceive it, but yeah, let it "all kick off", you seem like a reasonable guy.

Gremlin_IV #5 Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 95299 battles

ok I will ignore your post i guess you really are a [edited]lo lol - but hey 7978 posts do you get promoted at 8000?? 

Edited by unhappy__bunny, 08 May 2020 - 08:26 AM.
removed accusation

Only_Slightly_Bent #6 Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28935 battles
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B

View PostGremlin_IV, on 08 May 2020 - 05:39 AM, said:

ok I will ignore your post i guess you really are a [edited]lo lol - but hey 7978 posts do you get promoted at 8000?? 

I'm sure he's devastated that someone with cognitive dissonance is ignoring him...

chainreact0r #7 Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36224 battles
  • [D4EAM] D4EAM

Do you really think the muppets in this game even know about tank rewards? I bet at least half of them never claim their rewards.

Also you seem to confuse people who care about missions with window lickers who are worse than bots (99% of the population).

Gremlin_IV #8 Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 95299 battles

I am just making an appeal for more imaginative missions - as IN MY OPINION these are screwing current gameplay and they are poop

Many other things are doing that too but today these missions are where I am looking

I know this forum is not friendly to OPINION but that is what its for, I don't mind disagreement with that opinion but I do mind when its turn it off turn it on see if that works kinda comment

So he can have a few more posts to make General....

I am posting between battles anyway so no problem - takes an hour to get out of battle lately (opps more fodder to troll)

Gremlin_IV #9 Posted 08 May 2020 - 07:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 95299 battles

Well maybe then if they make the missions interesting and tell people about them the window lickers might learn to appreciate them and improve their gameplay and overall team play

But hey maybe I put to much faith in people - should I assume 99% of people that respond to posts are trolls?

I thought the forum was to shed light on the my feelings of the current gameplay to the community not to supply feed to farmyard trolls

I did post in the Gameplay section after all and I will say again it was an appeal to the people that make the missions to show some imagination

I will leave it here as the server is back - so thx bye

imendars #10 Posted 08 May 2020 - 07:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14339 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 08 May 2020 - 06:45 AM, said:

Heeeeey, what? I dont remember getting free 2500 in Berlin or in anywhere yesterday and day before that and so on.
Please explain a bit closer.

VERY curious.

General_Jack_D_Ripper #11 Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:10 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4955 battles

View PostGremlin_IV, on 08 May 2020 - 06:00 AM, said:

I am appealing for missions that don't affect the gameplay like this one does -  I don't care about a free tank

I think u are wrong. I archive top ten in most of my battles and that is without seal clubbing, or driving overpowered tanks to push stats.

I do not see how camping back and only shooting twice gets you reliably into top ten. Half the games should be won without u even participating, because u camp in the back.

Also doing damage is much more easy when not swarmed by 6 enemies simultaniously.

Edited by General_Jack_D_Ripper, 08 May 2020 - 08:46 AM.

SuperOlsson #12 Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25306 battles
  • [Q-KEN] Q-KEN

View Postimendars, on 08 May 2020 - 07:32 AM, said:

Heeeeey, what? I dont remember getting free 2500 in Berlin or in anywhere yesterday and day before that and so on.
Please explain a bit closer.

VERY curious.

Tank rewards are not for Berlin event, visit tankrewards.eu and you'll figure it out!

Edit: or read https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/tank-rewards-may-2020/ if you think tankrewards.eu sounds suspicious

Edited by SuperOlsson, 08 May 2020 - 08:34 AM.

Zmago5000 #13 Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17471 battles

You F2P ppl that whine all the time listen up and then shut up:

Take the FREE  rewards or dont take them,... but please just stop whinning all the time....did i mention they were FREE,..FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by Zmago5000, 08 May 2020 - 08:38 AM.

bnmm113 #14 Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12379 battles
  • [ISW2] ISW2

View Postchainreact0r, on 08 May 2020 - 06:44 AM, said:

Do you really think the muppets in this game even know about tank rewards?

oh yes, we do

imendars #15 Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14339 battles

View PostSuperOlsson, on 08 May 2020 - 10:31 AM, said:

Tank rewards are not for Berlin event, visit tankrewards.eu and you'll figure it out!

Edit: or read https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/tank-rewards-may-2020/ if you think tankrewards.eu sounds suspicious

OH that, yes i know that one and i'm following that one.

Gremlin_IV #16 Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:02 AM

Private

• Player
  • 95299 battles

G Jack - Im wrong because you can get in the top ten without seal clubbing or using OP tanks??

Where does the OPost mention seal clubbing and OPow tanks, you guys should really read the OPost before posting

Its about consciously doing very little,  in the way of playing for the team, helping the team to get a good result (reliably or not) simply to get in the top ten - they will go to next battle and try again if they fail making it even worse

winning 15-0 because these people are mainly on the enemy team or losing 0-15 because they are allies is the problem and this mission is a contributing factor to the way people play simply to get the points

All I am asking is the mission requires a little more input for the reward

(yes it might be crapand i have all those tanks already so I don't care, but I am on the team with these people and its zizzing me off)

So I feel it is affecting gameplay (IN MY OPINION) and nothing else matters. THAT IS MY POINT - I don't care if you disagree just disagree on the point not all this other crap

(ie if you disagree you are disagreeing to this comment "these types of missions are contributing to poor gameplay and teamplay, and could be more imaginative than they are regardless of the reward).

[edited]

08:04 Added after 2 minute

View PostZmago5000, on 08 May 2020 - 07:37 AM, said:

You F2P ppl that whine all the time listen up and then shut up:

Take the FREE  rewards or dont take them,... but please just stop whinning all the time....did i mention they were FREE,..FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

[edited]

Edited by unhappy__bunny, 08 May 2020 - 09:22 AM.
removed insults

unhappy__bunny #17 Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:08 AM

Brigadier

• 21149 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

As a bit of a muppet myself, I can say that I am aware of the tank rewards. I can also say that I am not obsessed by them. 

I treat them like I do most missions, I play the battles with the aim to do my best, to try to win, but without losing sight that this is a game, not a job. I play for the entertainment a game gives me, for the pleasure I get from it.

Most tank rewards missions get done eventually, they don't need to specifically played for. They give me lots of free stuff, so that is good. If I miss out on the odd item or two, then so what? I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

May be the problem is not the rewards or the missions, but more a players perception of them and the players reasons for playing. If that reason is for grabbing rewards, every bit of free stuff, or even an obsession with stats, then it has become less of a game and more of a form of work. 

The question then is how to change player perspectives?

Remove all the missions and free stuff? I don't think that will work, besides it penalises players who still give their all for the win.

Make "win" a condition? That penalises and enrages those that try for a win, do well, but still lose. 

TheJungleBeast #18 Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:12 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13561 battles

Top 10 30 times is easy dude, all you need to do is hit and pen 2-4 shots each game and you will be mid pack, every game at least 1-2 people will do ZERO damage, andother few will hit 1 shot and bam, you are top 10.

I don't see how these missions affect how people play,  most people just play as per usual and still complete them.

Gremlin_IV #19 Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 95299 battles

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 08 May 2020 - 08:08 AM, said:

As a bit of a muppet myself, I can say that I am aware of the tank rewards. I can also say that I am not obsessed by them. 

I treat them like I do most missions, I play the battles with the aim to do my best, to try to win, but without losing sight that this is a game, not a job. I play for the entertainment a game gives me, for the pleasure I get from it.

Most tank rewards missions get done eventually, they don't need to specifically played for. They give me lots of free stuff, so that is good. If I miss out on the odd item or two, then so what? I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

May be the problem is not the rewards or the missions, but more a players perception of them and the players reasons for playing. If that reason is for grabbing rewards, every bit of free stuff, or even an obsession with stats, then it has become less of a game and more of a form of work. 

Well done and well put I guess you read it +1 to you sir

NUKLEAR_SLUG #20 Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:16 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36967 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostGremlin_IV, on 08 May 2020 - 03:58 AM, said:

There will ALWAYS be players on my team doing this and if that is more than the enemy we lose but its more than that

Winning 15-0 isn't great fun and losing 0-15 isn't great either and your mission format is a positive contribution to these results

Either stop with the rewards or rethink the missions, make them interesting and different, just stop with insane be in the Top Ten model win or lose it don't matter type

For the Love of God and all other Deities

If you think it's that easy to come up with a Tank Rewards selection of missions that isn't going to upset somebody or that the player base can't work out how to abuse in some way or other then by all means enlighten us...?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users