RTB - Losing out on boosts due to WG

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

FataL_ShadowZ #1 Posted 08 May 2020 - 11:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15227 battles

So yeah, through no fault of my team (something you dont hear too often...) I lose out on my boost due to WG's inept programming :angry:

Not sure if its worth asking for support to refund a boost seeing as its down to their error?

Edited by FataL_ShadowZ, 08 May 2020 - 11:08 AM.

shikaka9 #2 Posted 08 May 2020 - 12:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 78403 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostFataL_ShadowZ, on 08 May 2020 - 10:08 AM, said:

Not sure if its worth asking for support to refund a boost seeing as its down to their error?

:teethhappy: 

divsmo #3 Posted 08 May 2020 - 01:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40825 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Isn't there normally arty on that map at that stage? Couldn't you have found one of those to kill? I've had this happen a few times on the ruinberg map but luckily always had some rockets to take care of it.

FataL_ShadowZ #4 Posted 08 May 2020 - 01:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15227 battles

View Postdivsmo, on 08 May 2020 - 01:07 PM, said:

Isn't there normally arty on that map at that stage? Couldn't you have found one of those to kill? I've had this happen a few times on the ruinberg map but luckily always had some rockets to take care of it.

If only, we killed everything available (including 2 arty - iirc 1 spawns at the far right of the map north of the hill) and the unobtainable final kill would have completed stage 2.

Of course s*!t happens and I was probably just unfortunate, the frustration is that the team was one of the best I've been matched up with and everything had been going so smoothly up till then.

Just for the lol's, I've sent a ticket with screenshot and replay for proof but I only expect to get a reply on some entirely different obscure topic as seems to be the norm :sceptic: 

juonimies #5 Posted 08 May 2020 - 02:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48748 battles
  • [KARJU] KARJU

View PostFataL_ShadowZ, on 08 May 2020 - 10:08 AM, said:

So yeah, through no fault of my team (something you dont hear too often...) I lose out on my boost due to WG's inept programming :angry:

Dont bother. They'll just laugh to one more cheated customer.  

SovietBias #6 Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40665 battles

Please.

State you'd like your booster back because a bot ran away with the game.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77209 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Luckily. I've only seen this a few times. Homefront had the same issue on one of the maps, where half a wave got stuck. Tho they fixed that after a few days, so hoping that here too. Tho this is so far less game-breaking. As every match on Sand River ended that way on Homefront the first few days if you were not fast enough.

Orkbert #8 Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:57 PM

Major

• Player
  • 29958 battles
Actually I'm more intrigued that according to the screenshot someone managed to lose all three initial tanks in the first stage.

Desyatnik_Pansy #9 Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:01 PM

Bartender

• 19414 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostOrkbert, on 08 May 2020 - 04:57 PM, said:

Actually I'm more intrigued that according to the screenshot someone managed to lose all three initial tanks in the first stage.

Honestly Normandie from that spawn is the worst of the available maps to play from, though indeed, losing all of the tanks at the start is a bit of a joke. The later stages are just brutal compared to Ruinberg or Siegfried, and even the other Normandie stage is far more enticing.

FataL_ShadowZ #10 Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15227 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 08 May 2020 - 05:01 PM, said:

Honestly Normandie from that spawn is the worst of the available maps to play from, though indeed, losing all of the tanks at the start is a bit of a joke. The later stages are just brutal compared to Ruinberg or Siegfried, and even the other Normandie stage is far more enticing.

I actually find Siegfried stage 5 the hardest as the arty is just brutal and typically out of reach unless someone flanks west or yolo's and another shoot the arty when he spots them.

Desyatnik_Pansy #11 Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:44 PM

Bartender

• 19414 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostFataL_ShadowZ, on 08 May 2020 - 05:34 PM, said:

I actually find Siegfried stage 5 the hardest as the arty is just brutal and typically out of reach unless someone flanks west or yolo's and another shoot the arty when he spots them.

Stage 5 Siegfried is IMHO The easiest. Just push into the city to the west. Usually one of the bosses will come for you as well as a few Panthers (talking from Tier III Perspective here) and you can kill him alone, then easily push into the others. Siegfried is harder in the earlier stages, since the counterattacks happen from two different angles in the field and then you have to push into a bunch of tanks that often just sit in bushes unspotted until you advance into the open. Granted it's a lot more painful with randoms vs. a full platoon I take, but even in the few random games I've had more trouble with the stages leading up to the final stage than the bosses themselves.

Comparably, Ruinberg final stage is a push through two corridors into basically all of the enemies in the same spot, and flanking takes far too long unless you set it up in advance (compared to Siegfried). Normandie meanwhile doesn't really permit flanking and you have to push well into the city to eliminate the enemies, only for the counterattack to happen right on top of you from the west, only for the final stage to then act as another counterattack from the north (with three bosses IIRC). What's worse honestly about the rail spawn is that the first counterattacks primarily consist of Pz. IVs, and they save the Tigers and whatnot for later. Stage 4 Is like 5 Tiger I Elites, which is just such a chore to kill due to their health compared to the usual Panthers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users