Best german heavy in the Pz. IV H line?

best german heavy

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

YourMom_74 #1 Posted 08 May 2020 - 07:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 930 battles
Hey, so I got the Pz IV H on my account and 4 million credits to spare, so i was wondering which heavy after that i should get...
I have like 5k games across all my accounts, i tried the russian and japanese heavies, lots of tank destroyers on my other account...

But i'm scared to actually go down the E100 line, because i was wondering, will i just be a HEAT magnet? Is it even worth playing them nowadays? I never owned a tier 10 heavy, just tier 7 and 8.
The Pz. IV H leads into Pz.Kpfw. VII, Maus, E100, but i'm really not sure which one to go for... 
Appreciate any tips.

Edit: It doesn't actually lead into the E100 line now that i think about it, but i do have the tanks that lead up to the E100 aswell, i think this got changed recently...

Edited by YourMom_74, 08 May 2020 - 07:56 PM.

Dramya #2 Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17488 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_
Maus can work, I think that one is the best of the 3 German heavies. However, you might want to wait untill they are buffing the lines, the Germans should get a buff soon if we can believe what is posted.

General_Jack_D_Ripper #3 Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5109 battles
Go for E-75 and stay there.

fwhaatpiraat #4 Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:50 PM

Major

• Player
  • 63442 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I'll try to comment on the tiers 8, 9 and 10 in the lines. I'll add '(p)' if I actually played it.

Tiger 2 (p) is bad. Armor doesn't compensate for trash mobility.
E75 (p) is top notch. Armor can actually work, despite power creep and gold spam, 490 alpha has good gun handling, 400 base view range and good traverse speed, good gun depression also. Great tonk imo.
E100 (p) is strange. Heat shells easily pen the turret and lower plate. Hull isn't much stronger than E75. Bad mobility and gun has a very long reload and meh gun handling. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Great against lower tiers in cities, terrible against communist hull down tonks.

Vk10000P; very strong armor and 'weak spots', 400 view range and hard hitting gun. Extremely slow. Tier 9 and 10s struggle much less against it. Stronger than KV4.
Mauschen. No clue really. Not flexible, vulnerable for gold spam.
Maus (played a few times) is still strong. Armor can be penned with gold, but it has the hp and gun to fight back. Not flexible.

VK45A is bad. If it was a bit more mobile it might be fun I suppose. Armor can be trollish. Rare sight on the battlefield.
VK45B (played a few times). Slightly better frontal armor for worse speed and far worse traverse vs E75. Also slightly worse gun specs. Feels very clumsy (awful/bad) to play. Can be played defensively.
PZ7 seems like a worse VK72 to me. 560 alpha is quite unique and could be strong if it had better dpm or penetration/gun handling I suppose. People complain about the armor but I think a better gun would make it better (to play and balance wise).

I decided to blueprint/freeXP the VKB and grind to the Pz 7. Not really keepers I suppose, but nice to diversify my tanks a bit.

:)

WingedArchon #5 Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11721 battles

Personally I still keep my Tiger II around, while its not te toughest, I can get soem insanely good sniping done with it.. for a heavy.
Gun handling treats me very well in this puppy.
Then E75, I would reckon to be the most allround fun tank to play with.
E100 is fun to troll some, the 155mm gun is crazy and when it hits its very rewarding, don't expect to last long though.

I have no other Jerry heavies so all I can really say.

chessstud #6 Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:52 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19448 battles

OP, "super heavy" tanks are broken. Everyone just fires gold at you and you have a terrible experience playing.

My medium 430u has better turret armour than the Maus. Watch this video with a guy who has 3600 wn8 talk about it. He has terrible games in it.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 09 May 2020 - 02:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77299 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It depends. Tiger II is not good in the current meta. Be it holding or pushing. But it's up for buffs. If they will be good or not remains to be seen. E75 is still amazing, and rather versatile as far as a HT goes. Gun still packs a punch. E100 is a mixed bag. Either you roll over everything, or everything rolls over you. But have the right angle when you reload, and even heat won't do much. But that's tricky when the guns are in an arch around you at times. So something will pen you, gold or not. As most just wait for you to turn the turret out again.

But it depends on what you want to do. Pushing, holding or both? As the VK line is more for holding on tier 9+, and support on tier 8. Maus line is the aggressive line, but slow. And still has a rather strong tier 8. E100 line can be a bit of both depending on what you face on tier 9 and X. Tier 8 is still a support heavy tbh as it stands now. 

Warzey #8 Posted 09 May 2020 - 02:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 61574 battles
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY

Well you're pretty much doomed to be HEAT magnet in any top tier German heavy.

I didn't play Pz 7 line at all, so I can't really comment too much, line is generally not very popular and tanks don't look that impressive on paper.

In Maus line VK 100.01 should be very good and you can make Maus work, but I personally hated the whole line while I was grinding it. I could be biased when it comes to VK 100.01 because T8 MM was pretty busted when I played it. 

E100 line is definitely the most fun in my opinion. Tiger 1 is awesome, Tiger 2 is a bit of a stinker, E75 is a solid T9 heavy. E100 is awesome for derping around in randoms, you have a lot HP and a big gun so you can trade effectively, you can also spam HE shells on hulldown tanks and do some pretty decent damage. Hull armor on E100 is very strong, but turret is lackluster (at least until buffs arrive), so trading with hull down meta heavies is a big no no. 

General_Jack_D_Ripper #9 Posted 09 May 2020 - 06:42 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5109 battles

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 08 May 2020 - 08:50 PM, said:

VK45A is bad. If it was a bit more mobile it might be fun I suppose. Armor can be trollish. Rare sight on the battlefield.

Playing VKA for the first time ( back with my old account, I researched VKB through KT and then E-75 was introduced and I researched that one through KT as well).

Love in.

Great tank.

Good mobility, even better than KT.

Gun is good enough, if u stick with MTs. If u want to fight higher tier heavies, gotta put in 5 premium shells, or so.

I am not as good as I was with my previous account, but 1,7k av dmg up till now. Only 17 battles of course.

I like it.

Was VKA buffed? Somehow I thought it only got 120mm frontal armor.

Edited by General_Jack_D_Ripper, 09 May 2020 - 06:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users