Rng on accuracy

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Rng on accuracy (33 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Make guns hit their target when full aimed

1. yes (22 votes [59.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 59.46%

2. no (15 votes [40.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.54%

Vote Hide poll

Democles2 #1 Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4450 battles
  • [SENKE] SENKE
Can someone explain why full aimed shots go everywhere except on the target? Please lets make wg fix this. People had enough of that and that is one of the reasons why they are leaving this game, its just frustrating. 

Edited by Democles2, 09 May 2020 - 11:34 AM.

malowany #2 Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6788 battles
  • [H-O-A] H-O-A
The problem is, if they made it work that way, they would have to rework all of the game. While I don't like the amount of RNG especially in aim department, this solution is simply not viable.

Democles2 #3 Posted 08 May 2020 - 10:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4450 battles
  • [SENKE] SENKE

View Postmalowany, on 08 May 2020 - 09:56 PM, said:

The problem is, if they made it work that way, they would have to rework all of the game. While I don't like the amount of RNG especially in aim department, this solution is simply not viable.

I understand that. But they can simply reduce rng to 10% and that should fix the problem. Its more important to fix this kind of problem than adding new things in the game.

BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 08 May 2020 - 11:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25374 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostDemocles2, on 08 May 2020 - 09:00 PM, said:

I understand that. But they can simply reduce rng to 10% and that should fix the problem. Its more important to fix this kind of problem than adding new things in the game.

If a gun says it has .32m dispersion at 100 metres and due to this 95.45% of your shots will land within 0.32 metres of what you aim at.....why would you want to make it much worse with 10%?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 09 May 2020 - 12:18 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36972 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostDemocles2, on 08 May 2020 - 09:52 PM, said:

Can someone explain why full aimed shots go everywhere except on the target? Please lets make wg fix this. People had enough of that and that is one of the reasons why they are leaving this game, its just frustrating. 

Yes, I also want to be able to accurately snipe targets from 400m+ away with my KV2 because I fully aimed. I see no problem with this idea that OP has obviously put a lot of thought into. 

qpranger #6 Posted 09 May 2020 - 12:27 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

Wargaming will never fix this.

So thank God for Gaijin.

WingedArchon #7 Posted 09 May 2020 - 12:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11721 battles
The accuracy RNG is a thing, bt I am fine with there being some random factor in the occasional miss.
What I have much more problems with is that if I am for a sweetspot, see a nice green reticle.. press me mouse button and then see a black message with "Bounce" in it is much worse.
Yes.. I'm talking about the Pen RNG. 

VsUK #8 Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles
People who tell people to learn to aim are those people who've forgotten how to aim because they depend on wallet warrior ammo. 
If you're aiming at a partially covered enemy tank that fills only 30% of your reticle. It's not skill if you hit that tank, it's luck based on WG's RNG mechanic's which may or may not be biased in favour or against you for that specific game. 
When you click, everything else is left in WG's hands. So those who boast about hitting the slither of your weak spot hatch at distance, are doing nothing more than taking credit for an act they had very little control over. Just like those tanks who snap shoot you whilst moving full pelt with a bloom big enough to fill the map & still manage to hit you. It's a lottery when you click & nothing more.

Homer_J #9 Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:28 AM

Field Marshal

• 33872 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDemocles2, on 08 May 2020 - 09:52 PM, said:

Can someone explain why full aimed shots go everywhere except on the target?

Do you have a replay of this because if they are going anywhere but inside your aiming circle then there is something wrong.

View PostDemocles2, on 08 May 2020 - 10:00 PM, said:

What does rng %age have to do with aiming?

Answer: Nothing.

Democles2 #10 Posted 09 May 2020 - 11:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4450 battles
  • [SENKE] SENKE

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 09 May 2020 - 12:18 AM, said:

Yes, I also want to be able to accurately snipe targets from 400m+ away with my KV2 because I fully aimed. I see no problem with this idea that OP has obviously put a lot of thought into. 

You will still have dispersion. But why to miss my full aimed shot in my waffentrager auf pz iv with 0.29 dispersion and someone on full move with 0.44 dispersion hits me directly? That is stupid.

10:29 Added after 2 minute

View PostVsUK, on 09 May 2020 - 01:19 AM, said:

People who tell people to learn to aim are those people who've forgotten how to aim because they depend on wallet warrior ammo. 
If you're aiming at a partially covered enemy tank that fills only 30% of your reticle. It's not skill if you hit that tank, it's luck based on WG's RNG mechanic's which may or may not be biased in favour or against you for that specific game. 
When you click, everything else is left in WG's hands. So those who boast about hitting the slither of your weak spot hatch at distance, are doing nothing more than taking credit for an act they had very little control over. Just like those tanks who snap shoot you whilst moving full pelt with a bloom big enough to fill the map & still manage to hit you. It's a lottery when you click & nothing more.

They need to allow us to hit weak spots. This is wg [edited]to make us use more gold ammo and some people are supporting them, I don't understand why

10:32 Added after 6 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 09 May 2020 - 01:28 AM, said:

Do you have a replay of this because if they are going anywhere but inside your aiming circle then there is something wrong.

What does rng %age have to do with aiming?

Answer: Nothing.

Nothing? Rng plays a big role on accuracy and its the reason why we are missing full aimed shots

arthurwellsley #11 Posted 09 May 2020 - 11:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55988 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDemocles2, on 08 May 2020 - 08:52 PM, said:

Why are people such as the OP unable to use the forum search function.

WG fixed this back in patch 9.6.

Prior to 9.6 snap shoots went into the bullseye center of the dispersion circle too easily. Shown below

Comparison 9.5 to 9.6 where in 9.5 too many snap shots were hitting dead centre

In order to prevent the stuff above, the probability of hitting exactly the center (“bull’s eye”;) was reduced from 16 percent to 10 percent, but the chance for the shell to fall into the adjacent zone to the bull’s eye increased by the same difference. This change will keep the accuracy for the accurate/fully aimed guns while reducing the accuracy of snap shots.

This picture shows after 9.6 the difference between a not fully aimed shot and a fully aimed shot hitting the weak spot on a KV-5 after patch 9.6 onwards

"Can someone explain why full aimed shots go everywhere except on the target?" The explanation is your "feels" are wrong and the program works on numbers and distribution curves (a bit like the real life accuracy of tank guns from the era portrayed).

Edited by arthurwellsley, 09 May 2020 - 11:44 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 09 May 2020 - 12:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36972 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostDemocles2, on 09 May 2020 - 11:26 AM, said:

You will still have dispersion. But why to miss my full aimed shot in my waffentrager auf pz iv with 0.29 dispersion and someone on full move with 0.44 dispersion hits me directly? That is stupid.

10:29 Added after 2 minute

They need to allow us to hit weak spots. This is wg [edited]to make us use more gold ammo and some people are supporting them, I don't understand why

10:32 Added after 6 minute

Nothing? Rng plays a big role on accuracy and its the reason why we are missing full aimed shots

If you're saying you want to keep dispersion values so that derpier guns are less accurate then why are you complaining about RNG on shots? Do you even know what is you're asking for? 

Is this just a case of sour grapes because you got snapshotted by someone? Shots fired land inside the reticle. If your tank is inside the reticle of an enemy tank when he fires then that means there is a non-zero chance of that shell going the exact right direction to hit you. Doesn't matter how far away you are, doesn't matter how derpy his gun might be. 

24doom24 #13 Posted 09 May 2020 - 12:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9494 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
They should make it so that the shell flies dead straight for 50m and then curves away due to gravity and wind etc. It keeps the same RNG dispersion at mid to long distances while eliminating those disgusting shots that derp into the ground. It would literally be more realistic this way instead of having shells clip through the barrel at an angle from the base of the gun. 

Homer_J #14 Posted 09 May 2020 - 04:40 PM

Field Marshal

• 33872 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDemocles2, on 09 May 2020 - 11:26 AM, said:

You will still have dispersion. But why to miss my full aimed shot in my waffentrager auf pz iv with 0.29 dispersion and someone on full move with 0.44 dispersion hits me directly?

That is called luck.

But the RNG %age (currently +/-25) has nothing to do with accuracy, it is only applied to penetration and damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users