Jump to content


T95/Chieftain vs T95/FV4201 Chieftain vs Chieftain Mk. 6 Difference?

Chieftain Heavy Tank Reward Tank Clan Wars British Difference World of Tanks Medium Tank Tier 10 Tier X

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

B0R34L #1 Posted 09 May 2020 - 06:58 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6777 battles
  • 20
  • [ORKI] ORKI
  • Member since:
    08-06-2019

Was surfing tanks.gg today and saw these three: 

T95/Chieftain - https://tanks.gg/tank/t95chieftain

T95/FV4201 Chieftain - https://tanks.gg/tank/t95fv4201

Chieftain Mk. 6 - https://tanks.gg/tank/chieftain

 

I know the second one (the FV4201) is the CW reward, it's also the only one available ingame for non-supertesters/WG accounts.

What about the other two? What are they? 

Just Curious. Any info appreciated. 



Ceeb #2 Posted 09 May 2020 - 07:28 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 35730 battles
  • 6,726
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

After putting the FV in the game and fooking over tier 10, i think WG will be weary of putting more tier 11-12 tanks in the game. 

 

But this is WG, they don't give a crap as their business model is working very well

 



MeetriX #3 Posted 09 May 2020 - 08:00 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26743 battles
  • 4,693
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

Mk6 is Chinese only. It cost like 10000$€£

You can buy it if you have spend over 1000£€$ or so.



Wayneable #4 Posted 09 May 2020 - 08:13 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 47211 battles
  • 2,025
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    06-26-2011

Honestly I realy dont see the problem with the Chieftain Mk. 6 coming in to the game now. With the amount of power creep in the game and some of the newer tanks in the game I dont see it dominating the game, sure it will to start with until people learn to deal with them, but that is normal when something new is introduced.

 

 



B0R34L #5 Posted 09 May 2020 - 08:34 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6777 battles
  • 20
  • [ORKI] ORKI
  • Member since:
    08-06-2019

View PostWayneable, on 09 May 2020 - 08:13 AM, said:

Honestly I realy dont see the problem with the Chieftain Mk. 6 coming in to the game now. With the amount of power creep in the game and some of the newer tanks in the game I dont see it dominating the game, sure it will to start with until people learn to deal with them, but that is normal when something new is introduced.

 

 

NO. GOD PLS NO. 

Ranked is [Edited] enough as it is. 

Hopefully they fix it for next szn.


Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 09 May 2020 - 08:00 PM.
Removed swearing.


Dava_117 #6 Posted 09 May 2020 - 10:56 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Moderator
  • 24226 battles
  • 6,532
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostB0R34L, on 09 May 2020 - 08:34 AM, said:

NO. GOD PLS NO. 

Ranked is [Edited] enough as it is. 

Hopefully they fix it for next szn.

 

You're over reacting IMO. The Chieftain Mk6 is far more balanced than the OP CW tank. The cupola is bigger and can't be completely covered using the full gun depression.

The turret armour itself is not as strong, with zone around 250-260mm. With a bit of aiming, you can pen it with AP or, more easily, with premium ammo, especially 340 pen HEAT and higher.

The hull is also a lot paperish, with 38mm side armour behind the tracks. 120mm guns and higher can overmatch it with AP. 

 

I would much more prefer to fight against a Mk6 than a SConqueror, let alone the Chieftain monstrosity.


Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 09 May 2020 - 08:00 PM.


saxsan4 #7 Posted 09 May 2020 - 10:59 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 22812 battles
  • 3,893
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011
Yes please, I want to buy it

arthurwellsley #8 Posted 09 May 2020 - 11:29 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 55845 battles
  • 4,333
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostB0R34L, on 09 May 2020 - 05:58 AM, said:

Was surfing tanks.gg today and saw these three: 

T95/Chieftain - https://tanks.gg/tank/t95chieftain

T95/FV4201 Chieftain - https://tanks.gg/tank/t95fv4201

Chieftain Mk. 6 - https://tanks.gg/tank/chieftain

 

I know the second one (the FV4201) is the CW reward, it's also the only one available ingame for non-supertesters/WG accounts.

What about the other two? What are they? 

Just Curious. Any info appreciated. 

 

The Chinese owner of the World of Tanks concession in China is Kong Zhong.

Any vehicle in the game files they will sell.

The Chieftain mk.VI has long been in the game files. It is sold by Kong Zhong to any customer who has already spent over 1,000 yuan (they are already selling the Strv 81 which has yet to be sold on EU).



trispect #9 Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:37 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 36581 battles
  • 1,965
  • [F2PAY] F2PAY
  • Member since:
    01-16-2011

View PostWayneable, on 09 May 2020 - 09:13 AM, said:

Honestly I realy dont see the problem with the Chieftain Mk. 6 coming in to the game now. With the amount of power creep in the game and some of the newer tanks in the game I dont see it dominating the game, sure it will to start with until people learn to deal with them, but that is normal when something new is introduced.

 

 

Mk.6 at least how it's in this game is a LOT weaker than T95/FV4201. Upper hull is only around 220mm effective, large parts of turret can be reliably penned even with standard rounds and there is quite big cupola on top with no armor. 

 

https://tanks.gg/tank/chieftain/model



saxsan4 #10 Posted 09 May 2020 - 02:12 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 22812 battles
  • 3,893
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View Posttrispect, on 09 May 2020 - 12:37 PM, said:

Mk.6 at least how it's in this game is a LOT weaker than T95/FV4201. Upper hull is only around 220mm effective, large parts of turret can be reliably penned even with standard rounds and there is quite big cupola on top with no armor. 

 

https://tanks.gg/tank/chieftain/model


They should buff it and make it a collectors British tier 10 heavy



Wayneable #11 Posted 09 May 2020 - 07:54 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 47211 battles
  • 2,025
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    06-26-2011

View Postsaxsan4, on 09 May 2020 - 02:12 PM, said:


They should buff it and make it a collectors British tier 10 heavy

yes please

 



Private_Miros #12 Posted 09 May 2020 - 11:17 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28635 battles
  • 11,199
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

Just had a fair and balanced tank carry me to complete a horrible arty mission (kills of targets you stunned, the horribleness is in the having to play arty).

 

 

I mean, he did play well, that for sure, but the tank did play a bit of a role in the one man army thing.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users