Jump to content


Pushing tanks out


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

yatano #1 Posted 09 May 2020 - 09:00 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 25154 battles
  • 66
  • [D-S-S] D-S-S
  • Member since:
    09-21-2013

Hi all,

 

I've had it in 5 games in a row now that people try to push me or another player out into the enemy fire or down a hill, this is not punished enough by wot. I did send a replay and just got a standard response that team dmg is handled by an automated system, but pushing people is not detected enough and there should be harsher punishments if proven guilty. prove me wrong.


Edited by yatano, 09 May 2020 - 09:01 AM.


shikaka9 #2 Posted 09 May 2020 - 09:04 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 78498 battles
  • 2,404
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
they push you because life pushed/punished them ... why punish harder? 

Edited by shikaka9, 09 May 2020 - 09:06 AM.


_b_ #3 Posted 09 May 2020 - 09:40 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 58946 battles
  • 4,190
  • Member since:
    04-06-2011

For physics abuse you need to be very specific in ticket AND include exact timestamp to get them so check it.  At least that is what I see as responce in here on stuff like this.

 

And if a silly cut n paste response, reopen ticket and ask again for them to check :)



SlyMeerkat #4 Posted 09 May 2020 - 10:08 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20447 battles
  • 3,756
  • [OOUUF] OOUUF
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
What i do in cases like that is either ignore them and go to another game shall i die and just send report in to WG as its pointless ranting in chat as that would just make you feel worse instead of moving on and/or just move somewhere else, i know its silly that you have to leave the spot you was at but dont waste ur HP for monkeys like that

Snagfang #5 Posted 09 May 2020 - 10:34 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16831 battles
  • 193
  • Member since:
    09-06-2011

There's always going to be that minority to deal with unfortunately
My advice? Deep sigh, and move on - preferably putting as much distance on the map between them and you as possible.
It's never productive to remonstrate or push back - they feed off that behaviour. Report it by all means, but NEVER expect a
consequence you will ever be aware of - if indeed there is any...

 ;)

 



Wintermute_1 #6 Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:18 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 54184 battles
  • 2,627
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013
I haven't been pushed out of cover for a long time now, and tbh I think it used to be worse in the past when friendly fire was a thing. I think friendly fire that caused damage allowed toxic behaviour escalation that ended up with players being pushed into damage. Thankfully it feels a bit better these days.

Galan7891 #7 Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10399 battles
  • 730
  • Member since:
    02-22-2018
Perhaps if it is happening that often to you the issue lies with the one variable that is always the same in your matches?

Bulldog_Drummond #8 Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:28 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35829 battles
  • 11,946
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostGalan7891, on 09 May 2020 - 12:22 PM, said:

Perhaps if it is happening that often to you the issue lies with the one variable that is always the same in your matches?

 

I did wonder about that too.



Uh_Oh_ #9 Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:30 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3696 battles
  • 96
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    06-05-2019
I had some prat keep doing this to me yesterday so I did it back and he said he was reporting me so maybe it is just children or something?

mpf1959 #10 Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:37 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36558 battles
  • 2,902
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

View Postyatano, on 09 May 2020 - 09:00 AM, said:

Hi all,

 

I've had it in 5 games in a row now that people try to push me or another player out into the enemy fire or down a hill, this is not punished enough by wot. I did send a replay and just got a standard response that team dmg is handled by an automated system, but pushing people is not detected enough and there should be harsher punishments if proven guilty. prove me wrong.

 

Hangings too good for em, I've always said it! :izmena::playing::angry:



Bulldog_Drummond #11 Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35829 battles
  • 11,946
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View Postmpf1959, on 09 May 2020 - 12:37 PM, said:

 

Hangings too good for em, I've always said it! :izmena::playing::angry:

 

It doesn't often happen to me but when it does it rather depends on how much I've had to drink.

Most of the time I will let it go

But if feeling mischievous and it was especially egregious I will happily spend a few minutes shoving the culprit

My favourite in recent weeks was the player who pushed me off a cliff but misjudged it, came over himself, and landed upside down on top of me, and went blue

He reported me for inappropriate behaviour in chat when I told him what I thought



CmdRatScabies #12 Posted 09 May 2020 - 02:02 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 39085 battles
  • 6,320
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View Postyatano, on 09 May 2020 - 09:00 AM, said:

Hi all,

 

I've had it in 5 games in a row now that people try to push me or another player out into the enemy fire or down a hill, this is not punished enough by wot. I did send a replay and just got a standard response that team dmg is handled by an automated system, but pushing people is not detected enough and there should be harsher punishments if proven guilty. prove me wrong.

You need to send a ticket under "Physics Abuse" not team damage.  Team damage only gets an auto response.

13:03 Added after 1 minute

View PostGalan7891, on 09 May 2020 - 01:22 PM, said:

Perhaps if it is happening that often to you the issue lies with the one variable that is always the same in your matches?

I can make it happen almost every game if I want to.  Play a light and park next to the TDs.  You will almost always get pushed.


Edited by CmdRatScabies, 09 May 2020 - 02:03 PM.


LethalWalou #13 Posted 09 May 2020 - 02:23 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 35446 battles
  • 3,232
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View Post_b_, on 09 May 2020 - 08:40 AM, said:

For physics abuse you need to be very specific in ticket AND include exact timestamp to get them so check it.  At least that is what I see as responce in here on stuff like this.

 

And if a silly cut n paste response, reopen ticket and ask again for them to check :)

 

Well you don't have to send such a specific ticket, but it helps them to do their job when you do. You don't go to the police to say ''I got robbed'' and give no other information.

 

View Postyatano, on 09 May 2020 - 08:00 AM, said:

but pushing people is not detected enough and there should be harsher punishments if proven guilty. prove me wrong.

 

What comes to the response to your ticket, don't use the wrong section, use the correct one 'physics abuse'. Not sure why people report physics abuses as teamkills anyways, especially when no friendly player even kills them.

 

Now regarding this part I quoted, how would you introduce a system that detects pushing and also wouldn't just punish accidents or cases where nothing even happened, or even the wrong person? This isn't a case of team damage which is easy to determine if it happened and punish accordingly. In physics abuse, it's hard to come by rules for the system to determine the fault. Since we don't have an automated system, these things have to rely on people reporting them, correctly. And if you report it correctly and rules were indeed broken, a punishment is given. I sit here with quite a few physics abuse reports that resulted in bans, with only one that didn't result in a ban (FL got pushed out of cap, no idea why it wasn't a ban)


Edited by LethalWalou, 09 May 2020 - 02:24 PM.


frange #14 Posted 09 May 2020 - 02:37 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33236 battles
  • 242
  • [FRNR] FRNR
  • Member since:
    10-25-2013

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 09 May 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

I can make it happen almost every game if I want to.  Play a light and park next to the TDs.  You will almost always get pushed.

 

Oh - how can that be? Perhaps cause your job as a LT isnt redline bushwanking with the TDs while no one else is spotting and your team gets sniped?



hasnainrakha57 #15 Posted 09 May 2020 - 02:56 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22882 battles
  • 1,035
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013
Happened to me I in my tier 10 uses using hydro system near Hill in mines then this obj 277 pushed me all the way into the hill oz he wanted to go hill leaving me with 400hp.

LethalWalou #16 Posted 09 May 2020 - 02:56 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 35446 battles
  • 3,232
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View Postfrange, on 09 May 2020 - 01:37 PM, said:

 

Oh - how can that be? Perhaps cause your job as a LT isnt redline bushwanking with the TDs while no one else is spotting and your team gets sniped?

 

Anyone in this game can play their tank any way they want as long as they don't break the rules, and camping in an LT is not against the rules, no matter how you or I might not like it.



frange #17 Posted 09 May 2020 - 03:05 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33236 battles
  • 242
  • [FRNR] FRNR
  • Member since:
    10-25-2013

View PostLethalWalou, on 09 May 2020 - 01:56 PM, said:

 

Anyone in this game can play their tank any way they want as long as they don't break the rules, and camping in an LT is not against the rules, no matter how you or I might not like it.

 

Duuuuh - thank you, Captain Obvious. Just like it is not against the rules for an icehockey forward to sit behind the own goal the entire match - it will not be popular among the team or the audience. Why? it is not against the rules - you say? Why will it bee seen as a problem?

 

Maybe you might wonder why someone from your own team - maybe even the goalkeeper - will come and start pushing you out from behind the goal?


Edited by frange, 09 May 2020 - 03:09 PM.


nc30_guy #18 Posted 09 May 2020 - 03:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27554 battles
  • 507
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011
This happens a lot that and blocking as no team damage now so they just drive in front of you constantly. 

LethalWalou #19 Posted 09 May 2020 - 03:12 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 35446 battles
  • 3,232
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View Postfrange, on 09 May 2020 - 02:05 PM, said:

 

Duuuuh - thank you, Captain Obvious. Just like it is not against the rules for an icehockey forward to sit behind the own goal the entire match - it will not be popular among the team or the audience. Why? it is not against the rules - you say? Why will it bee seen as a problem?

 

Maybe you might wonder why someone from your own team - maybe even the goalkeeper - will come and start pushing you out from behind the goal?

 

Nothing justifies the pushing though. No matter how much you hate seeing an LT camp, you are not allowed to break the rules and push them. 



frange #20 Posted 09 May 2020 - 03:15 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33236 battles
  • 242
  • [FRNR] FRNR
  • Member since:
    10-25-2013

View PostLethalWalou, on 09 May 2020 - 02:12 PM, said:

 

Nothing justifies the pushing though. No matter how much you hate seeing an LT camp, you are not allowed to break the rules and push them. 

Then just run home to mommy and cry just like you do in real life when someone offends you?






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users