Jump to content


XVM causing issues


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

saxsan4 #1 Posted 11 May 2020 - 02:30 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 23586 battles
  • 3,929
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

Hello,

 

I think its time we stopped xvm being able to look at peoples stats and win chances in battle

 

2 times recently 2 tanks drown at the start saying 'impossible to win'

 

We lost both but one game ended up 13:15 and maybe had the ebr not killed himself we wold have won

 

Also I am fed up of people complaining about the stats of people. After game is fine but during and before the battle it just sends everyone negative vibes and morale 



NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 11 May 2020 - 02:33 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 36972 battles
  • 6,119
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
It doesn't make a difference, people will always look for a reason to give up. Enemy has [insert tank], suicide. Three arty, suicide. Don't like the map, suicide. Not top tier, suicide. etc. 

Private_Miros #3 Posted 11 May 2020 - 02:36 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28919 battles
  • 11,330
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

Muppets will always find reasons to be muppets.

 

If it isn't their ignorance of "win chance", then it's that the initial positioning of tanks isn't as they wanted it or their first two shots missing and them deciding that RNG wants them to lose, so why not drown. Etc...



Miller1973 #4 Posted 11 May 2020 - 02:40 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14159 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    08-18-2016
I like knowing what I'm up against. Noob enemy team, push. Uncom enemy team, hang back and do whatever damage you can.

The_Naa #5 Posted 11 May 2020 - 02:46 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 11587 battles
  • 2,308
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 11 May 2020 - 02:33 PM, said:

It doesn't make a difference, people will always look for a reason to give up. Enemy has [insert tank], suicide. Three arty, suicide. Don't like the map, suicide. Not top tier, suicide. etc. 


and some do it as protest against WG. ''i dont like [insert thing] so every time i see [thing] i drown myself to let WG know i dont like this thing and i keep doing it until WG fix it.''



saxsan4 #6 Posted 11 May 2020 - 02:49 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 23586 battles
  • 3,929
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostMiller1973, on 11 May 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

I like knowing what I'm up against. Noob enemy team, push. Uncom enemy team, hang back and do whatever damage you can.


which is wrong s it spoils the game for others



Miller1973 #7 Posted 11 May 2020 - 02:58 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14159 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    08-18-2016

View Postsaxsan4, on 11 May 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:


which is wrong s it spoils the game for others

True, but I'm a noob so it would be no benefit to me to play aggressively against a good team.



saxsan4 #8 Posted 11 May 2020 - 03:05 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 23586 battles
  • 3,929
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostMiller1973, on 11 May 2020 - 01:58 PM, said:

True, but I'm a noob so it would be no benefit to me to play aggressively against a good team.


herin lies the issue, you catergoise people into good or bad players by a number, yet what if someone stat pads for their high win rate or another players took a while to get good so they have many battles low win rate but play well



fwhaatpiraat #9 Posted 11 May 2020 - 03:17 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 63442 battles
  • 2,639
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 11 May 2020 - 02:33 PM, said:

It doesn't make a difference, people will always look for a reason to give up. Enemy has [insert tank], suicide. Three arty, suicide. Don't like the map, suicide. Not top tier, suicide. etc. 


Suicide is not the answer. Need help? Call 2147483648.

 

:P



Private_Miros #10 Posted 11 May 2020 - 03:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28919 battles
  • 11,330
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View Postsaxsan4, on 11 May 2020 - 02:05 PM, said:


herin lies the issue, you catergoise people into good or bad players by a number, yet what if someone stat pads for their high win rate or another players took a while to get good so they have many battles low win rate but play well

 

1. Stats padders aren't bad players. They might appear better, but they will still be useful.

2. Any surprise of someone performing better than expected is welcomed.

3. XVM is good to understand that the 30k 80WN8 41% player is very unlikely to support you in any move. That doesn't ruin his game. His game is either dying fast or staying hidden and hitting something by accident.



saxsan4 #11 Posted 11 May 2020 - 03:25 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 23586 battles
  • 3,929
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 11 May 2020 - 02:22 PM, said:

 

1. Stats padders aren't bad players. They might appear better, but they will still be useful.

2. Any surprise of someone performing better than expected is welcomed.

3. XVM is good to understand that the 30k 80WN8 41% player is very unlikely to support you in any move. That doesn't ruin his game. His game is either dying fast or staying hidden and hitting something by accident.


But myself my stats are bad because for the first many years I was plating wot with very bad ping due to bad internet, and my fps were too low like 25-30

 

since I now play with better internet and high fps on min graphics my win rate is improving.

 

Its gone from 48.3%-48.71% in the last month and increasing every day

 

but people keep being rude calling me tomato it creates a bad atmosphere



Pansenmann #12 Posted 11 May 2020 - 03:31 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 38101 battles
  • 14,560
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View Postsaxsan4, on 11 May 2020 - 03:25 PM, said:

 

but people keep being rude calling me tomato it creates a bad atmosphere

 

that is not the fault of the xvm mod.



Private_Miros #13 Posted 11 May 2020 - 03:32 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28919 battles
  • 11,330
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

I only see people getting XVM called out when they make remarks over how bad other players are or how the teams makes them lose.

 

People cry. I get called a bad player all the time, because I don't suicide scout, or because I relocate, or because they exposed themselves to 6 enemies and I somehow didn't "help".



saxsan4 #14 Posted 11 May 2020 - 03:32 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 23586 battles
  • 3,929
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostPansenmann, on 11 May 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

 

that is not the fault of the xvm mod.


yes it is, no vxm, no insults 

 

you know I was even called the N word the other day. That is not acceptable 



Pansenmann #15 Posted 11 May 2020 - 04:54 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 38101 battles
  • 14,560
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View Postsaxsan4, on 11 May 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:


yes it is, no vxm, no insults 

 

you know I was even called the N word the other day. That is not acceptable 

 

people would find other excuses to be rude,

removing a quality of life mod changes nothing at all.

 

or did removal of all-chat suddenly lead to no bad words in chat?  (I explicitly do not use the word toxic)

 

(I think we can test this hypothesis on test server where to my experience mods don't work)


Edited by Pansenmann, 11 May 2020 - 04:56 PM.


ArtyOnWheels #16 Posted 11 May 2020 - 04:55 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 252 battles
  • 118
  • Member since:
    04-30-2020

View Postsaxsan4, on 11 May 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:


yes it is, no vxm, no insults 

 

you know I was even called the N word the other day. That is not acceptable 

wait wait, how did the he know that you are black?



Pansenmann #17 Posted 11 May 2020 - 04:58 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 38101 battles
  • 14,560
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View PostArtyOnWheels, on 11 May 2020 - 04:55 PM, said:

wait wait, how did the he know that you are black?

 

does that actually matter to you?



NUKLEAR_SLUG #18 Posted 11 May 2020 - 05:00 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 36972 battles
  • 6,119
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View Postsaxsan4, on 11 May 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:


yes it is, no vxm, no insults 

 

you know I was even called the N word the other day. That is not acceptable 

 

Rubbish, people can insult you regardless of whether they XVM installed and XVM has no idea what your ethnicity is anyway. 



ArtyOnWheels #19 Posted 11 May 2020 - 05:02 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 252 battles
  • 118
  • Member since:
    04-30-2020

View PostPansenmann, on 11 May 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

 

does that actually matter to you?

I am confused how can someone call someone else N word while all you see is some pixel tank. Was it black painted tank?



Desyatnik_Pansy #20 Posted 11 May 2020 - 05:08 PM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 19414 battles
  • 27,820
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostArtyOnWheels, on 11 May 2020 - 05:02 PM, said:

I am confused how can someone call someone else N word while all you see is some pixel tank. Was it black painted tank?

 

Someone can still use it as an insult in-game, irrelevant of your colour of skin. What Pansen is getting at is, it doesn't matter whether you are black or not, using it as an insult is unacceptable.

 

By the way, crazy thought Saxsan. You don't have to make a thread about everything that pops into your head. This and the other thread about stats you have going right now literally could have just been one thread, or none, but y'know.


Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 11 May 2020 - 05:08 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users