another bots topic

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

innocenT_deviL #1 Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:23 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37188 battles
  • [CMPLX] CMPLX

ok ok I know, you all hate this kind of topics but just check it out pls...

2 players in my team were acting like AI bots. Both was camping at the base with their EBR's, they did everything in the same way and they both died in the same way:

Anyway... I suspected and checked their profiles after the battle. 2 different accounts... Both created at the same date. Same stats and they played exactly the same tanks (even their mastery badges are same):

Can you spot 7 differences? :D

So, what do you think guys? Who's bots are they? If they're not wg's is this legal?

arthurwellsley #2 Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55914 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostinnocenT_deviL, on 12 May 2020 - 07:23 PM, said:

ok ok I know, you all hate this kind of topics but just check it out pls...

2 players in my team were acting like AI bots. Both was camping at the base with their EBR's, they did everything in the same way and they both died in the same way:

Anyway... I suspected and checked their profiles after the battle. 2 different accounts... Both created at the same date. Same stats and they played exactly the same tanks (even their mastery badges are same):

Can you spot 7 differences? :D

So, what do you think guys? Who's bots are they? If they're not wg's is this legal?

Maybe you should google "Multibox"

In World of Warcraft it was quite common for five box setups.

Also = https://www.dual-boxing.com/forum.php

The gaming software companies love this type of customer as not only do they have enough money for an expensive computer rig, they also have plenty of money to spend on online games.

see also = http://forum.worldof...ng-on-the-rise/

https://www.dual-box...-World-of-Tanks

VsUK #3 Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 12 May 2020 - 07:33 PM, said:

The gaming software companies love this type of customer as not only do they have enough money for an expensive computer rig, they also have plenty of money to spend on online games.

So even if you're suggesting it's multibox use. That is also against WG rules as it's classed as a cheat. I've reported a number of players playing the same tank with similar names driving side by side the entire game & they just keep coming back. 

I recently came across a guy in an IS-3 with less than 500 games, using gold ammo & penning me like a pro in my Obj 430. Snap shooting my weak spots & all the rest. 

I think WG really need to do something about this. And I mean if a player gets banned. Their system identification, the sort Microsoft uses to know if hardware has changed, this info should be logged & used for the ban. Meaning any account they try & play on that machine is blocked or banned. Because people make alt accounts to grind by illegal means & then sell to people who want to skip the natural progression.

Hexen #4 Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27300 battles
  • [_FIRE] _FIRE
Personally I love a bot, it makes my game easier :B

Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:41 PM

Bartender

• 19414 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostVsUK, on 12 May 2020 - 08:38 PM, said:

I recently came across a guy in an IS-3 with less than 500 games, using gold ammo & penning me like a pro in my Obj 430. Snap shooting my weak spots & all the rest. 

What does the bold part have to do with this though? 

The_Naa #6 Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11428 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

players playing the same tank with similar names

i mean that alone is not a indication of BOT.

i have 2 friends that i play World of Tanks with and because we are best friends and always do things together and try to look a part.

we all have The_ start and 3 letter name because we are cool and we are friends and we mean business. :B

Slind #7 Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58822 battles
WG doesn't care. Besides, bots are good for the game, WG should ban all 46% WR players and replace them by bots. I have video on youtube about this, go search it. But in a nutshell, at least bots camp in the base doing nothing until someone gets close. 46% WR players camp in the middle of the map where they are totally useless or in the corner. Bots in the base can spot for defending tanks, while 46% WR tanks in the corner are just useless. Also bots start to shoot when you get close, 46% WR players have low winrate because they are unable to learn to left click to shoot. Yup, bots are more useful than 46% WR players. Take a look at the Road to Berlin -mode, bots win against 46% players every time. Bots shoot back, 46% players do 2000 damage and lose all their tanks in few minutes.

Ricox #8 Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 737 battles

View PostVsUK, on 12 May 2020 - 07:38 PM, said:

So even if you're suggesting it's multibox use. That is also against WG rules as it's classed as a cheat. I've reported a number of players playing the same tank with similar names driving side by side the entire game & they just keep coming back. 

I think WG really need to do something about this. And I mean if a player gets banned. Their system identification, the sort Microsoft uses to know if hardware has changed, this info should be logged & used for the ban. Meaning any account they try & play on that machine is blocked or banned. Because people make alt accounts to grind by illegal means & then sell to people who want to skip the natural progression.

The sort of "system identification" that flags you if you change your motherboard should be used for World of Tanks? Huh? If banning was that easy, then everyone would use this method, but your example has nothing to do with how such a system would have to operate. It's not possible to ban a machine entirely, there's always easy ways around it for anyone with basic tech know-how.

As for "I've reported a number of players playing the same tank with similar names driving side by side the entire game & they just keep coming back."

What do you mean exactly? The same players keep coming back? Or are you assuming that banning a few bots will stop the creation of new bot accounts?

Edited by Ricox, 12 May 2020 - 09:11 PM.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77203 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 12 May 2020 - 08:41 PM, said:

What does the bold part have to do with this though? 

I suspect it covers his point he made earlier with "you don't need skill to be good in this game with gold ammo and cheats".

So he had less than 500 games, and penned you and thus what? Steve is not allowed to pen you until he gets 1000 games?

But as for your last point. They kinda do. As there are several streamers that have been banned, and thus their alt accounts are blocked too from logging in after multiple violations with a longer ban. Won't happen on a 1 day ban tho.

But.. it won't prevent them from going to NA or RU to play there. Just as RU plays here when they get banned.

Spurtung #10 Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:04 PM

General

• Player
  • 80615 battles

View PostVsUK, on 12 May 2020 - 07:38 PM, said:

Where's your replay? :trollface:

jabster #11 Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12836 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSlind, on 12 May 2020 - 07:51 PM, said:

WG doesn't care. Besides, bots are good for the game, WG should ban all 46% WR players and replace them by bots. I have video on youtube about this, go search it. But in a nutshell, at least bots camp in the base doing nothing until someone gets close. 46% WR players camp in the middle of the map where they are totally useless or in the corner. Bots in the base can spot for defending tanks, while 46% WR tanks in the corner are just useless. Also bots start to shoot when you get close, 46% WR players have low winrate because they are unable to learn to left click to shoot. Yup, bots are more useful than 46% WR players. Take a look at the Road to Berlin -mode, bots win against 46% players every time. Bots shoot back, 46% players do 2000 damage and lose all their tanks in few minutes.

Is it this replay?

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5375882#tundra-slind-ikv_65_alt_ii

xtrem3x #12 Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 37103 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View Postjabster, on 12 May 2020 - 09:58 PM, said:

Ahhahahahaha ROFLMFAO :teethhappy:

LethalWalou #13 Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:18 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35443 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View Postjabster, on 12 May 2020 - 09:58 PM, said:

The title of the replay... :unsure:

But I actually watched it and it's basically a case of his team contesting the hill on Tundra right from the start, initiating a firefight immediately and then losing that fight 0-3. Then a KV-2 got caught out on a crossing that is generally a safe place to cross at. It wasn't bot plays really, it was just that the enemies played it better. 

Edited by LethalWalou, 13 May 2020 - 12:19 AM.

VsUK #14 Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:32 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 12 May 2020 - 07:51 PM, said:

i mean that alone is not a indication of BOT.

i have 2 friends that i play World of Tanks with and because we are best friends and always do things together and try to look a part.

we all have The_ start and 3 letter name because we are cool and we are friends and we mean business. :B

I miss spoke. I meant to say, 2 players with very similar names with just a different number at the end, for example player1 & player2. I can't name the actual name because that would break forum rules. 2 accounts very clearly being ran by multibox as their actions were identical. 

View PostSpurtung, on 12 May 2020 - 09:04 PM, said:

Where's your replay? :trollface:

I actually did save the reply & I did submit it to WG. I'm not sharing replays with you on here because that is also against forum rules as it's naming names & shaming which is a no no. I'm sure you'd like me to post the replay though, just so you can hit that report button.

View PostBalc0ra, on 12 May 2020 - 08:56 PM, said:

I suspect it covers his point he made earlier with "you don't need skill to be good in this game with gold ammo and cheats".

So he had less than 500 games, and penned you and thus what? Steve is not allowed to pen you until he gets 1000 games?

But as for your last point. They kinda do. As there are several streamers that have been banned, and thus their alt accounts are blocked too from logging in after multiple violations with a longer ban. Won't happen on a 1 day ban tho.

But.. it won't prevent them from going to NA or RU to play there. Just as RU plays here when they get banned.

I'm not saying he's not allowed to pen me because he's played less than 500 games. But no one moves the way he did, uses premium ammo & knows exactly how to pen a well positions Obj 430 unless he's either A, aimbotting or B, he's playing on an alternative account. But why play on an alt & invest money into it if he has another account he learned to play the game??? Unless he's been banned so he just makes another account & start again. 

Spurtung #15 Posted 13 May 2020 - 01:13 AM

General

• Player
  • 80615 battles

View PostVsUK, on 12 May 2020 - 11:32 PM, said:

I actually did save the reply & I did submit it to WG. I'm not sharing replays with you on here because that is also against forum rules as it's naming names & shaming which is a no no. I'm sure you'd like me to post the replay though, just so you can hit that report button.

Unless you're telling people which tank to look at, there's absolutely no rule preventing you from posting the link to a replay here.

As per the report bit, the few times I've reported anyone in these forums are mostly about duplicated threads or very flagrant abuse of the rules, I'm also no the sort to bait anyone. You are a special fellow, and your history about other people cheating is less than stellar, so my interest is genuine.

innocenT_deviL #16 Posted 13 May 2020 - 01:19 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37188 battles
  • [CMPLX] CMPLX

View Postarthurwellsley, on 12 May 2020 - 10:33 PM, said:

Thank you, I think this is the answer I was looking for.

View PostHexen, on 12 May 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

Personally I love a bot, it makes my game easier :B

What if they're in your team? :D

Desyatnik_Pansy #17 Posted 13 May 2020 - 01:58 AM

Bartender

• 19414 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostVsUK, on 13 May 2020 - 12:32 AM, said:

I'm not saying he's not allowed to pen me because he's played less than 500 games. But no one moves the way he did, uses premium ammo & knows exactly how to pen a well positions Obj 430 unless he's either A, aimbotting or B, he's playing on an alternative account. But why play on an alt & invest money into it if he has another account he learned to play the game??? Unless he's been banned so he just makes another account & start again. 

People make new accounts all the time, a la, rerolling. Also the Obj. 430 Has atleast three spots frontally (the turret roof and both hull cheeks) that are overmatchable to the IS-3's gun, without having the replay, it's very possible to just imagine him aiming at your cupola, snapshotting and missing but hitting your turret roof instead and overmatching it.

divsmo #18 Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40825 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostVsUK, on 12 May 2020 - 11:32 PM, said:

Most likely a reroll and as you are well aware from your own experiences aimbots won't help you hit weakspots or do anything that a player worth his salt couldn't do without it. Also as others have said uploading replays here is fine so go ahead.

Yaccay #19 Posted 13 May 2020 - 06:16 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36963 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

We all know, there are no bots in WoT.

WG's security/anti-cheat system catches all illegal activity.

Currently no bot or cheater play World of Tank.

Proof: WG did not report any ban, hence there was no cheater.

TankkiPoju #20 Posted 13 May 2020 - 06:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25869 battles

WG just bans bots in waves sometimes, for PR purposes so it looks like they care. They don't actually want bots gone.

It took them like 5-6 years to even admit WoT has bots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users