Bots in Customer Service

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

_GrooziN_ #1 Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3450 battles

Seems WG is testing bots not only in the new game mode.

I had a situation in one of my games when a teammate not only did not fire at the enemy he was parked beside for 3/4 of battle, but also blocked shots from other teammate, essentially loosing us battle. It was a Derpenberg assault and this last tank standing secured them win, as we runned out of time.

[content removed - please read the forum rules]

To me, this is a clear violation of game rules, so I submitted a ticket. I haven't done it in a while and I used the wrong option at first. I selected 'matchmaking' category, cause I couldn't find anything more suitable.

The response I received couldn't be more scripted:

'We do realize that you may have an impression your team is weaker than the other (...)' 'please understand player's capabilities are not taken into consideration whilst matching teams', etc.

So I tried to re-open the ticket, but alas, there's no option to do it!

Finally, I resubmitted the same complain, with replay attached under 'physics abuse' and guess what? Another generic, scripted response. I trully like the part about 'taking appropriate measures' against this player and that they 'cannot disclose what kind of punishment was imposed'.

Oh and if you wonder if any punishment was imposed - I guess not. The player is still active, with last battle just today.

Edited by Homer_J, 13 May 2020 - 09:05 AM.
Name and shame

wsatnutter #2 Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27401 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Word to the wise dont discuss support on the forums expect closure 

_GrooziN_ #3 Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3450 battles
So where do I discuss support? I cannot discuss it with support, clearly, cause I will get another canned response.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77203 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Post_GrooziN_, on 12 May 2020 - 08:48 PM, said:

Finally, I resubmitted the same complain, with replay attached under 'physics abuse' and guess what? Another generic, scripted response. I trully like the part about 'taking appropriate measures' against this player and that they 'cannot disclose what kind of punishment was imposed'.

Well, a few things to consider. A: The server population has spiked due to the lockdown. So has the amount of tickets I suspect. B: The support offices and staff are affected by local lockdown laws. Thus the number of people that has to check the 5000+ tickets a day are way way less vs the norm. I suspect most of those replies on the more common issues are like this, automated. As in everything they see with the same topic name. As they don't have the time atm to read each one if they want to get to most of them. So make sure you get your point across on the topic name alone. As they can't have the same capacity and speed on doing this atm as WG did point out a few days ago.

_GrooziN_ #5 Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3450 battles

I did, I even pointed to a specific minute in replay when situation occured.

What worries me the most is that you cannot even re-open or comment on the tickets that they closed, after providing canned response (and, apparently, taking no action).

TheJumpMaster #6 Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:39 PM

Major General

• 51121 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The only option, that I can see is the in-game report for inactivity. Please keep in mind that camping, whilst not appreciated by all players and at time detrimental to the team effort, is a "style" of game play. I do apologize that I don't have a better response for you.

drakkanax #7 Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16718 battles

View Post_GrooziN_, on 12 May 2020 - 09:33 PM, said:

So where do I discuss support? I cannot discuss it with support, clearly, cause I will get another canned response.

There isn't support to discuss on WG products. It's people hired to find excuses to close your tickets, not to solve any problems of the game products. The people working in support don't even know the game.

Echotun #8 Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24251 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

From what I have heard, this should be reported as physics abuse, and that it is something they actually take seriously. 

I havent watched the replay, but just in general it probably needs to be clear he is doing it on purpose and not just being stupid. 

One of the biggest WOT streamers and CCs got a 3 day ban for pushing a friendly tank off a cliff, even if the other tank was being very... intimate :)

CmdRatScabies #9 Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39034 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Often wanted to play on the red team but ..... :medal:
21:53 Added after 0 minute

View PostEchotun, on 12 May 2020 - 10:46 PM, said:

I havent watched the replay, 

Recommend you watch it.  It's a true classic.

Actually perfect material for Claus Kellerman to add a voice over to.

Edited by CmdRatScabies, 12 May 2020 - 10:55 PM.

_GrooziN_ #10 Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3450 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 12 May 2020 - 10:52 PM, said:

Often wanted to play on the red team but ..... :medal:
21:53 Added after 0 minute

Recommend you watch it.  It's a true classic.

Actually perfect material for Claus Kellerman to add a voice over to.

Yeah, this truly is next level [edited]. I normally don't go as far as to submit ticket to support, but this one was well deserved. 

Edited by Homer_J, 13 May 2020 - 09:07 AM.
Swearing / bypassing profanity filter

LethalWalou #11 Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:31 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35443 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View Post_GrooziN_, on 12 May 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

Oh and if you wonder if any punishment was imposed - I guess not. The player is still active, with last battle just today.

I keep asking this from people who complain about getting a template response from C; What kind of an answer would you like to get then? A personalized one where they describe you everything about the battle to assure you they watched the replay? A response like: ''I'm so so sorry that player X in his KV-122 with no vehicle camo on his tank blocked your shots at an enemy T-34-3. It's unfortunate that the KV-122 did this while they were on the north eastern corner of the courtyard in middle, on the Erlenberg map, their tanks facing west-southwest and northwest respectively.''

What on earth would this kind of message even change? They can't/won't disclose information about punishments... This is how customer support works, they don't have time to start doing personalized messages when exactly the same can be achieved with a template message.

VsUK #12 Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles
I had a support ticket submitted once regarding a bug on my account & the reply I got was an identical reply I received about an unrelated bug I opened a ticket for, word for word aside from the sender of course. Almost like they have a list of copy & paste replies for related issue's. But then I can't really point fingers & boo, because that's usually the normal reply for support tickets with most services online. eBay, Facebook, Paypal, Amazon & so forth, all reply to opened tickets with an automated reply that has no relevance or use what so ever.

ODDSLOT #13 Posted 13 May 2020 - 04:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1434 battles

View Post_GrooziN_, on 12 May 2020 - 09:52 PM, said:

I did, I even pointed to a specific minute in replay when situation occured.

What worries me the most is that you cannot even re-open or comment on the tickets that they closed, after providing canned response (and, apparently, taking no action).

This is an well known fact that their Customer Support are just answering with a copy-paste text depending on which category are you choosing. And the weird thing is if you ask them about MM but put in different category for example "Missions", they will give you the same copy-paste text about MM :)  This is happening BEFORE lockdown so it's should not be an excuse. Also, why they close my ticket and market it as Resolved and I could not respond to their reply? I am the one who should close the ticket because I opened it not the bot behind Customer Support.

03:18 Added after 6 minute

View PostVsUK, on 13 May 2020 - 12:36 AM, said:

I had a support ticket submitted once regarding a bug on my account & the reply I got was an identical reply I received about an unrelated bug I opened a ticket for, word for word aside from the sender of course. Almost like they have a list of copy & paste replies for related issue's. But then I can't really point fingers & boo, because that's usually the normal reply for support tickets with most services online. eBay, Facebook, Paypal, Amazon & so forth, all reply to opened tickets with an automated reply that has no relevance or use what so ever.

It's really frustrating when asking them about apples but putting in the oranges category because I couldn't find a suitable category and receiving an copy/paste text about oranges and automatically close the ticket without further replies from me.

_GrooziN_ #14 Posted 13 May 2020 - 06:30 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3450 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 13 May 2020 - 12:31 AM, said:

I keep asking this from people who complain about getting a template response from C; What kind of an answer would you like to get then? A personalized one where they describe you everything about the battle to assure you they watched the replay? A response like: ''I'm so so sorry that player X in his KV-122 with no vehicle camo on his tank blocked your shots at an enemy T-34-3. It's unfortunate that the KV-122 did this while they were on the north eastern corner of the courtyard in middle, on the Erlenberg map, their tanks facing west-southwest and northwest respectively.''

What on earth would this kind of message even change? They can't/won't disclose information about punishments... This is how customer support works, they don't have time to start doing personalized messages when exactly the same can be achieved with a template message.

I don't mind canned responses, although more often than not they are silly and don't match the question. 

The problem is that there's absolutely no evidence that they did anything about the actual issue. So not only you get thank-you-for-submitting-your-ticket-we-don't-care response, you can find absolutely no evidence them taking action. 

Edited by _GrooziN_, 13 May 2020 - 06:30 AM.

Orkbert #15 Posted 13 May 2020 - 06:53 AM

Major

• Player
  • 29958 battles

View Post_GrooziN_, on 13 May 2020 - 06:30 AM, said:

The problem is that there's absolutely no evidence that they did anything about the actual issue. So not only you get thank-you-for-submitting-your-ticket-we-don't-care response, you can find absolutely no evidence them taking action. 

Although given some of your chat messages in that match you can be happy that in this special case they didn't do anything about the rules violations in this match.

StronkiTonki #16 Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35672 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Had the same issue.

Sent a replay of a player discriminating in chat, saying some terrible stuff.

I got a copy paste bot reply, and the person didn't get banned or muted or anything.

I just got told to use the useless ingame report feature. Even though discrimination should get an instaban no matter what imho.

Just shows how little WG cares about discrimination in their game.

_GrooziN_ #17 Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3450 battles

View PostOrkbert, on 13 May 2020 - 06:53 AM, said:

Although given some of your chat messages in that match you can be happy that in this special case they didn't do anything about the rules violations in this match.

I can suffer through my chat ban, no problem, I probably deserved it in this battle. Obviously, if the other player gets what he deserves too.

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 12 May 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

The only option, that I can see is the in-game report for inactivity. Please keep in mind that camping, whilst not appreciated by all players and at time detrimental to the team effort, is a "style" of game play. I do apologize that I don't have a better response for you.

It's not merely inactivity, it's actively preventing your team from winning, watch the replay. 

Edited by _GrooziN_, 13 May 2020 - 07:35 AM.

Cobra6 #18 Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16624 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Post_GrooziN_, on 12 May 2020 - 08:33 PM, said:

It's very simple, WG doesn't want it publicly visible that their support department in most cases is as useless as paper nipples on a fish.

I understand they get tons of tickets and copy=>pasta replies is the most efficient way, but when a experienced player takes the time to send in a ticket usually something serious is going on and it's not the standard 45%'er tomato sending in a ticket about hacking.

Cobra 6

2_Star_General #19 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:05 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43976 battles

View Post_GrooziN_, on 12 May 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

Seems WG is testing bots not only in the new game mode.

I had a situation in one of my games when a teammate not only did not fire at the enemy he was parked beside for 3/4 of battle, but also blocked shots from other teammate, essentially loosing us battle. It was a Derpenberg assault and this last tank standing secured them win, as we runned out of time.

Battle is available here. Notice KV122s behavior:

http://wotreplays.eu...erg-groozin-t20

To me, this is a clear violation of game rules, so I submitted a ticket. I haven't done it in a while and I used the wrong option at first. I selected 'matchmaking' category, cause I couldn't find anything more suitable.

The response I received couldn't be more scripted:

'We do realize that you may have an impression your team is weaker than the other (...)' 'please understand player's capabilities are not taken into consideration whilst matching teams', etc.

So I tried to re-open the ticket, but alas, there's no option to do it!

I watched the replay and you didn't mind pinging the map multiple times & throwing a few insults around at various players once you were destroyed.

Be careful what you wish for.

:child: 

Edited by 2_Star_General, 13 May 2020 - 08:08 AM.

Captain_Kremen0 #20 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:28 AM

Major

• Player
  • 40167 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
If I worked in WG support and had 5000 tickets saying player x didn't do his job to my way of liking I'd go for the worlds biggest dump with a copy of war and peace.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users