Next time you spend money in this game, remember this player support

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Fr4kt #1 Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24198 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I just had an "interesting" chat with player support, remember this next time you consider opening your wallet: Not all players are treated the same!

ME:

Hello,

Regarding May 2020 first tier of tank rewards: Since there were reports of bugged camos, I chose the personal reserves, but I noticed that since then you have replaced the first reward with a permanent style that I would have picked otherwise.
Could I have my selection reset or the "Spring of '45" style, please?

Thanks a lot for your time,

PLAYER SUPPORT ANSWER:

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Player Support!

We appreciate your effort in contacting us.  We understand that you wish to exchange the rewards that you received from the Tank Rewards tier I rewards.  Unfortunately, once you have selected a reward, there is no way to exchange them back.  Please note that this also defeats the essence of having 3 options in choosing the reward that you want.

Sadly, we cannot grant your request.

If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us again, and send us the information by directly replying to this email.

Best regards,

ME AGAIN:

I have the feeling you didn't fully understand the issue here: Your company, Wargaming, changed the reward well after the event started due to a bug, and replaced 3 rental styles for a permanent one. You can find several reddit threads on the subject.

I don't consider palatable to ask players to stick to their decisions while your company changes the terms/rewards of the event mid-way after release. How are we supposed to stick to our choices while the options are altered after we chose?

If our selection can't be reset, please grant the style to the people that ask for it, as is my case. In fact, player support has already done so, you can also find reddit threads on the subject, such as this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/gis2bc/spring_of_45_style_for_those_curious_credit/

Thanks a lot for your time, hopefully I clarified the issue and you can better see my point now.

PLAYER SUPPORT ANSWER:

Hi Fr4kt,
Thank you for writing back to us.
First of all, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. However, as my colleague has explained, we can no longer exchange it with another one. Take note that we cannot modify nor remove the selected rewards on our end.
We sincerely apologize if we are unable to grant your request. Please understand our limitations.
If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Other helpful information can be checked here ->Player support.
See you and good luck dominating the battlefield!
Best Regards,

And that's all, folks! Some players were lucky enough to contact a Player Support employee with a brain and some others will be ignored, as in my case.

Moderator note:

Now you have read the above rant, see the reply from our CM below.  I am posting here for the people who can't be bothered to read page 2 of a thread before replying.

View PostSstyx, on 13 May 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

The "customization" option listed as a Tier I Reward was, unfortunately, not working as intended.

Due to this, we have now replaced the three rental styles with a single permanent style: "Spring of '45". All other rewards remain the same.

As compensation for this situation, we will also proceed as follows:         

•  Players who claimed the reward before May 12 will receive all three rental styles for 100 battles as well as the "Spring of '45" permanent style in the coming days
  • All other players who select the reward from May 12 onward will receive the permanent style immediately and then the three rental styles in the week following the end of the event.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Posted here

Edited by Homer_J, 14 May 2020 - 08:03 AM.
Update from CM

24doom24 #2 Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9466 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

ok

but you picked the reserves, the camo bug wasn't directly affecting you since you never picked them. If you had picked the camos and they denied a fix then I would sympathize. 

Edited by 24doom24, 13 May 2020 - 07:52 PM.

Gruff_ #3 Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 25385 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
They messed up and apologised, it does suck but that's the system they roll with.  So I'd advise to pick your rewards towards the end of the events to avoid future issues.

Spurtung #4 Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 80777 battles

Block Quote

tankrewards.eu

You've changed the rewards for the tier 1 of this event without ever giving anyone a warning or the possibility to change anything. I would like to change my pick, and I have enough consumables to return the ones given to me that way.

Before you try saying this is technically not possible or something, I will remind you that you were able to change the rewards so you should be able to undo the ones already chosen.

Block Quote

Hello Spurtung,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Player Support.

I am sorry about this situation. 

Soon there will be available an article about this. 
Please check often our News sections. 

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us again.

I wish you a nice day and fun on the Battlefield.

Kind regards, 

Block Quote

There will be an article about it, ok, but that doesn't answer this ticket, does it?

Block Quote

Hello Spurtung‍,

Thank you for your response.

We understand that you have an inquiry regarding tank rewards if you can swap the rewards for completing tier 1.

As much as we would like to grant your request please be advised that goods are delivered by the system automatically once you selected it on the website. Unfortunately, we are unable to influence, edit, or change the rewards that you selected.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

If you have other questions please don't hesitate to contact us or visit our 
support page.

Kind regards,

Block Quote

I selected out of the options I was given. The options were changed since then, so how can I be forced to stick to my decision when you haven't? I don't want this reward because I never had the option to get the one that is now being displayed.

Also, what happened to that "article"? Yet another lie? This company is pure trash.

18:59 Added after 1 minute

View Post24doom24, on 13 May 2020 - 06:50 PM, said:

ok

but you picked the reserves, the camo bug wasn't directly affecting you since you never picked them. If you had picked the camos and they denied a fix then I would sympathize. 

How so? He had 3 options, they were changed after he picked one of them, how is he not affected?

24doom24 #5 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9466 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostSpurtung, on 13 May 2020 - 06:57 PM, said:

18:59 Added after 1 minute

How so? He had 3 options, they were changed after he picked one of them, how is he not affected?

Because he picked the other one. :facepalm: 

Spurtung #6 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:01 PM

General

• Player
  • 80777 battles

View PostGruff_, on 13 May 2020 - 06:55 PM, said:

They messed up and apologised, it does suck but that's the system they roll with.  So I'd advise to pick your rewards towards the end of the events to avoid future issues.

It's gets tiring to get apology after apology when there's literally 0 attempts of setting things right or to compensate anyone in any manner.

19:04 Added after 2 minute

View Post24doom24, on 13 May 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

Yeah...he picked the other one. As did I.

Have you considered that perhaps we both picked "the other one" because we can read and knew that "the one" consisted of temporary camos? Because that's what they have stated even before the event started and in fact that is what's ridiculous here. People took the "wrong" pick out of ignorance, while others making an informed choice got shafted for it.

24doom24 #7 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9466 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostSpurtung, on 13 May 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

It's gets tiring to get apology after apology when there's literally 0 attempts of setting things right or to compensate anyone in any manner.

19:04 Added after 2 minute

Yeah...he picked the other one. As did I.

Have you considered that perhaps we both picked "the other one" because we can read and knew that "the one" consisted of temporary camos? Because that's what they have stated even before the event started and in fact that is what's ridiculous here. People took the "wrong" pick out of ignorance, while others making an informed choice got shafted for it.

Yeah, so tough luck. Don't be stupid and next time wait until the end of the event to redeem. 

Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:07 PM

Bartender

• 19414 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Post24doom24, on 13 May 2020 - 07:50 PM, said:

ok

Honestly even after they changed the thing from rental styles to a permanent style, the reserves look like a better choice.

RaxipIx #9 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36314 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

Op does make a valid point. They did change the rewards  almost mid way in.

While CS on payment, money issues, failed transactions never let me down. In cases like this they are absolutely incompetent, and feels like you are talking to a brick wall.

The other incredible dumb thing, is when they sold the  su 76 i in  black market but they messed up the names. So that fraction of players who had the tech tree tank couldn't get it, although they would have if WG doesn't fk up in the first place.

24doom24 #10 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9466 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 13 May 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

Honestly even after they changed the thing from rental styles to a permanent style, the reserves look like a better choice.

And they're only tier 1 rewards anyway. I swear these moaners always complain about free stuff. It's literally free, they're not paying for it, WG is free to do as they please. 

Spurtung #11 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:09 PM

General

• Player
  • 80777 battles

View Post24doom24, on 13 May 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

Yeah, so tough luck. Don't be stupid and next time wait until the end of the event to redeem. 

So now I'm stupid for picking 1 out of 3 options because I should know there would be a 4th. Kappa.

24doom24 #12 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9466 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostSpurtung, on 13 May 2020 - 07:09 PM, said:

So now I'm stupid for picking 1 out of 3 options because I should know there would be a 4th. Kappa.

You picked another one. You didn't pick the broken styles. You aren't entitled to a different reward. The players who picked the broken styles are the ones entitled to a fix. What you picked wasn't defective.

Edited by 24doom24, 13 May 2020 - 08:12 PM.

Spurtung #13 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:14 PM

General

• Player
  • 80777 battles

View PostRaxipIx, on 13 May 2020 - 07:08 PM, said:

The other incredible dumb thing, is when they sold the  su 76 i in  black market but they messed up the names. So that fraction of players who had the tech tree tank couldn't get it, although they would have if WG doesn't fk up in the first place.

That was precisely my point when I stated "It's gets tiring to get apology after apology when there's literally 0 attempts of setting things right or to compensate anyone in any manner."

Yet another one I got shafted over with a "tough luck" for official reply. It's pretty pathetic.

19:15 Added after 1 minute

View Post24doom24, on 13 May 2020 - 07:12 PM, said:

You picked another one. You didn't pick the broken styles. You aren't entitled to a different reward. The players who picked the broken styles are the ones entitled to a fix. What you picked wasn't defective.

I picked what was, for me, the best of the 3 options in hand. It's not about it being defective or not. Can you wrap your head around that, or are we gonna go in circles here?

TheDrownedApe #14 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 53039 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Post24doom24, on 13 May 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

Just lost what little credibility you may have had, GG. 

24doom24 #15 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9466 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostSpurtung, on 13 May 2020 - 07:14 PM, said:

That was precisely my point when I stated "It's gets tiring to get apology after apology when there's literally 0 attempts of setting things right or to compensate anyone in any manner."

Yet another one I got shafted over with a "tough luck" for official reply. It's pretty pathetic.

19:15 Added after 1 minute

I picked what was, for me, the best of the 3 options in hand. It's not about it being defective or not. Can you wrap your head around that, or are we gonna go in circles here?

So wtf are you complaining about? You got what you wanted, and it wasn't the broken styles so WG aren't in any way required to give you something you didn't even pick. 

You didn't pick the styles what's so hard to understand, you already picked your reward. 

19:19 Added after 1 minute

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 13 May 2020 - 07:18 PM, said:

Just lost what little credibility you may have had, GG. 

ok buddy 

nickdragon13 #16 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35340 battles

View Post24doom24, on 13 May 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

He picked the other one because before the change it wasnt worth it at all...

Btw did they make those rental camos permanent?

Desyatnik_Pansy #17 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:21 PM

Bartender

• 19414 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postnickdragon13, on 13 May 2020 - 08:20 PM, said:

Btw did they make those rental camos permanent?

As I understand they swapped the 100 Battle rental styles to a permanent style option we haven't seen before called the "Spring of '45", though I think it is just a reskinned version of an existing camo.

RaxipIx #18 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36314 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View Post24doom24, on 13 May 2020 - 08:18 PM, said:

So wtf are you complaining about? You got what you wanted, and it wasn't the broken styles so WG aren't in any way required to give you something you didn't even pick. 

You didn't pick the styles what's so hard to understand, you already picked your reward. 

19:19 Added after 1 minute

ok buddy 

I'm not sure you understand what he is saying. When he picked he picked the best  for him out of the available options at that time.

But WG then changed the rewards,mid way,and given the same chance , with the new options,  and the perma style would be available from the start, he would have picked that one.

Not sure how you find this hard to comprehend.

24doom24 #19 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9466 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostRaxipIx, on 13 May 2020 - 07:23 PM, said:

I'm not sure you understand what he is saying. When he picked he picked the best  for him out of the available options at that time.

But WG then changed the rewards,mid way,and given the same chance , with the new options,  and the perma style would be available from the start, he would have picked that one.

Not sure how you find this hard to comprehend.

That doesn't make him entitled to a change. Just moaners complaining about free stuff again. Goodbye lol. :teethhappy:

gunslingerXXX #20 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14789 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Another example of poor quality control. Mistakes were made, as usual. Partial fixes were made, as usual. Part of the playerbase gets dissapointed over a minor issue, as usual...

Doesn't make sense to get upset about it anymore imo, nothing will change anyway as long as WG does not get proper quality control they will keep messing up for the mext 10 years as well. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users