Jump to content


Shooting through the wall


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

megabass2007 #1 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:31 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19021 battles
  • 19
  • [PNSHR] PNSHR
  • Member since:
    08-24-2016

this is beyond me at this point so buckle up 

in this replay go at 13:30 i Get shot clearly through the wall 

http://wotreplays.eu...ss2007-kranvagn

even if it isn't (it is) through the wall i need to ask should there be a gap so compromising ?

 

so i contacted Player Support about the issue here is the response 

response.jpg

and the image they provided with it is this image 

https://imgur.com/a/wVnFmGz

 

which shows the wall texture ?!! 

ITS through the WALL :trollface:

WTF

am i missing something ??

i am not expert on crap but for the life of me can't figure this out 

looked at the replay a 100 time's and can not find the gap Because there isn't one

even if there is such gap... should it be there ?? from that angle ?? 


Edited by megabass2007, 13 May 2020 - 08:32 PM.


Private_Miros #2 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:35 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28919 battles
  • 11,330
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

Are your graphics settings potato? Because that can cause building and clutter hitboxes to be misleading.

 

In the screenshot you get the outline of the enemy tank, so yeah, there is a gap there, which you can shoot through and of course also can be shot through.



megabass2007 #3 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:42 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19021 battles
  • 19
  • [PNSHR] PNSHR
  • Member since:
    08-24-2016

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 13 May 2020 - 08:35 PM, said:

Are your graphics settings potato? Because that can cause building and clutter hitboxes to be misleading.

 

In the screenshot you get the outline of the enemy tank, so yeah, there is a gap there, which you can shoot through and of course also can be shot through.

have you looked at the replay ?

its WG support image not mine and i cant find that gap in game from where i am of course 

the angle is all wrong 

if there is a wall with no hit box and can be shoot through... my question is should it be there ?? 

specially when from camera POV it doesn't exist 

it's literally shooting through the Wall at this point


Edited by megabass2007, 13 May 2020 - 08:46 PM.


Private_Miros #4 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:46 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28919 battles
  • 11,330
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View Postmegabass2007, on 13 May 2020 - 07:42 PM, said:

have looked at the replay ?

its WG support image not mine i cant find that gap in game from where i am of course 

the angle is all wrong 

if there is a wall with no hit box and can be shoot through... my question is should it be there ?? 

specially when from camera POV it doesn't exist 

it literally shooting through the Wall at this point

 

Playing myself right now, but if no one else gives a good breakdown, I'll watch later.



Spurtung #5 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:48 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 80837 battles
  • 8,179
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postmegabass2007, on 13 May 2020 - 07:42 PM, said:

have looked at the replay ?

its WG support image not mine i cant find that gap in game from where i am of course 

the angle is all wrong 

if there is a wall with no hit box and can be shoot through... my question is should it be there ?? 

specially when from camera POV it doesn't exist 

it literally shooting through the Wall at this point

 

I didn't watch the replay and I know it's another tank.

 

POV is, usually, located where the gun is. Meaning you can spot something over a rock, or through some hole without necessarily having a shot. This happens with a KV-4 or a Tortoise, for example, where even a depression in the terrain can mean they will take shots while not able to return fire or even see the enemy well. Could it be such a case? Because if you can see the outline of a tank, there is some unobstructed pixel allowing so.



megabass2007 #6 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:57 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19021 battles
  • 19
  • [PNSHR] PNSHR
  • Member since:
    08-24-2016

View PostSpurtung, on 13 May 2020 - 08:48 PM, said:

 

I didn't watch the replay and I know it's another tank.

 

POV is, usually, located where the gun is. Meaning you can spot something over a rock, or through some hole without necessarily having a shot. This happens with a KV-4 or a Tortoise, for example, where even a depression in the terrain can mean they will take shots while not able to return fire or even see the enemy well. Could it be such a case? Because if you can see the outline of a tank, there is some unobstructed pixel allowing so.

IDK i really Don't 

But if you watch the replay i was fairly below the Windows of that building

and looking down at him and he is looking up the angle is all wrong

and WG screenshot CLEARLY shows wall texture 

if it's a hit box issue it is very compromising it's literally shooting through the wall at this point 



CmdRatScabies #7 Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:00 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 39085 battles
  • 6,320
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015
Hell of a shot by the Super Conq.  Must be a position where all those open doorways & windows line up and allow a shot.

megabass2007 #8 Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:06 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19021 battles
  • 19
  • [PNSHR] PNSHR
  • Member since:
    08-24-2016

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 13 May 2020 - 09:00 PM, said:

Hell of a shot by the Super Conq.  Must be a position where all those open doorways & windows line up and allow a shot.

what open doorways ? WG screenshot shows wall TEXTURE

in Warthunder you can shoot through walls like corner of buildings can be used tactically

when was that a thing in WOT ??

at least now we know about it and can use it 

But should it be there ?? doesn't compromise the position ?? doesn't effect the balance ??


Edited by megabass2007, 13 May 2020 - 09:07 PM.


MeetriX #9 Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:08 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26767 battles
  • 4,758
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012
All it need is a pixel size gaps on shell trajectory, that is not a straight line so you could be a hard time to see it.

gunslingerXXX #10 Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:11 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14791 battles
  • 4,254
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

lol, thats a crazy shot...

 

 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   shot_178.jpg   1.54MB
  • Attached File   shot_179.jpg   1.57MB


CmdRatScabies #11 Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:14 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 39085 battles
  • 6,320
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View Postmegabass2007, on 13 May 2020 - 09:06 PM, said:

what open doorways ? WG screenshot shows wall TEXTURE

Screenshot was your gunsight view - doesn't mean that's where his shot found you.  But could be a bit of dodgy hit box modeling involved - has happened before.


Edited by CmdRatScabies, 13 May 2020 - 09:15 PM.


megabass2007 #12 Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:17 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19021 battles
  • 19
  • [PNSHR] PNSHR
  • Member since:
    08-24-2016

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 13 May 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

Screenshot was your gunsight view - doesn't mean that's where his shot found you.  But could be a bit of dodgy hit box modeling involved - has happened before.

exactly what i mean that shouldn't be happening 

and if we Don't bring it up they wont fix it 



CmdRatScabies #13 Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:18 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 39085 battles
  • 6,320
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View Postmegabass2007, on 13 May 2020 - 09:17 PM, said:

exactly what i mean that shouldn't be happening 

and if we Don't bring it up they wont fix it 

Try it in a training room - see if you can see through the building to where you were.



megabass2007 #14 Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:19 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19021 battles
  • 19
  • [PNSHR] PNSHR
  • Member since:
    08-24-2016

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 13 May 2020 - 09:11 PM, said:

lol, thats a crazy shot...

 

 

its Not crazy... its stupid 

the WG Support Doesn't realize it instead said go start a topic in forum and i did



gunslingerXXX #15 Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:24 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14791 battles
  • 4,254
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

View Postmegabass2007, on 13 May 2020 - 09:19 PM, said:

its Not crazy... its stupid 

the WG Support Doesn't realize it instead said go start a topic in forum and i did

Yeah, crazy stupid. On minimap it seems there is a full building in between... guess checking in a training room is a good idea, but frankly I can't be bothered to do so, maybe someone else. 



Spurtung #16 Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:30 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 80837 battles
  • 8,179
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postmegabass2007, on 13 May 2020 - 08:17 PM, said:

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 13 May 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

Screenshot was your gunsight view - doesn't mean that's where his shot found you.  But could be a bit of dodgy hit box modeling involved - has happened before.

exactly what i mean that shouldn't be happening 

and if we Don't bring it up they wont fix it 

If not on the gun, where should your POV in sniper view be? :amazed:



NekoPuffer_PPP #17 Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:34 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 36650 battles
  • 5,149
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Postmegabass2007, on 13 May 2020 - 09:06 PM, said:

what open doorways ? WG screenshot shows wall TEXTURE

 

Quoting the reply in the ticket: "Please keep in mind that this is from your POV and from the S. Conqueror's POV there is a decent gap in the walls to hit someone in your position."

 

Therefore, the screenshot is entirely meaningless. Just because it's from your POV, doesn't mean that's where the shell came from that direction.

 

I'll watch the replay and try to find the gap myself...will edit this post afterwards.

 

Edit:

GG to WG's modelling department:

 


Edited by NekoPuffer_PPP, 13 May 2020 - 10:00 PM.


LethalWalou #18 Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:37 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 35446 battles
  • 3,232
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

Well I went in and did my detective work. Long story short there is a wooden window frame that does not have a hitbox.

Kudos to the S Conq to find such a shot, through two gaps

 

This is the first gap the shells go through

Spoiler

 

And here are two other screenshots demonstrating the shell trajectory going through the window frame and then through a window. So it is a legit shot, or maybe 99% legit as the window frame maybe should be at least destructible.

(E: this isn't actually the penning shot, but the S Conq shot through the same gap)

 

Spoiler

 

What I'm more concerned is that how on earth did I not know this, or no one has ever told or mentioned this about Kranvagn???

 

The S Conq penned OP on the red circle spot

 

 

Edit: Here's the pen marker:

Spoiler

 


Edited by LethalWalou, 13 May 2020 - 09:42 PM.


megabass2007 #19 Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:42 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19021 battles
  • 19
  • [PNSHR] PNSHR
  • Member since:
    08-24-2016

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 13 May 2020 - 09:34 PM, said:

I'll watch the replay and try to find the gap myself...will edit this post afterwards.

 

waiting on it  "who you can read"

and again my question still is "should that gap be there?" and render that position useless ??

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


LethalWalou #20 Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:45 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 35446 battles
  • 3,232
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View Postmegabass2007, on 13 May 2020 - 08:42 PM, said:

waiting on it  "who you can read"

and again my question still is "should that gap be there?" and render that position useless ??

 

Btw I answered already with screenshots showing you what the gap was. It's actually quite legit apart from the wooden window frame not having a hitbox, should be a destructible imo. But behind the window frame there was a window






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users