Maps

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

The_Naa #21 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11459 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

So i took 2 maps that i had pretty clear idea on how i would rework them so here they are:

Spoiler

--

Spoiler

thats pretty much how i would ''fix'' them or make them better imo. :)

bnmm113 #22 Posted 14 May 2020 - 05:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12379 battles
  • [ISW2] ISW2

View PostThe_Naa, on 14 May 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

So i took 2 maps that i had pretty clear idea on how i would rework them so here they are:

Spoiler

--

Spoiler

thats pretty much how i would ''fix'' them or make them better imo. :)

looks good, but that could be entirely new maps without taking old ones from the mix

The_Naa #23 Posted 14 May 2020 - 05:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11459 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postbnmm113, on 14 May 2020 - 05:19 PM, said:

looks good, but that could be entirely new maps without taking old ones from the mix

LakeVille & Abbey 1950.

LakeVille & Abbey 2020. 

;)

Amphiskios #24 Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51137 battles

View Postsaxsan4, on 14 May 2020 - 02:46 AM, said:

I LOVED hidden village and Severgosk and Stalingrad

Those were nice maps, yes. Just like the Flemish harbour town map, which we also lost because of 'reasons'.

StronkiTonki #25 Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35688 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

This is why I mostly think Redshire is one of the best maps.

Pretty much all of the map is accessible and playable.

_Signal_ #26 Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49326 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostThe_Naa, on 14 May 2020 - 12:13 PM, said:

that is good point. But i would argue that should we really just make maps simpler and easier to play just because bad players dont know how to play them?

if a bad player does not understand that you can not use the 8-9 line on Cliff if the enemy has a tank on the lighthouse hill, as the the tank on the lighthouse can punish the tanks that are trying to use the 8-9 flank.

should we remove the lighthouse hill from the game so bad players dont have to worry about the tank on the lighthouse or keep it there so they might actually learn to shoot the light tank first and fight for that powerful position?

will the bad players get any better if all their problems are taken away and making the maps easier for them?

Unfortunately given the state of the average player in the game now and always has been what do you think? There seems to be a large contingent of the playerbase that doesn't want to learn or the capacity to and as this is majority of the "paying" members of the game then this is the level the game is designed for.  For the company it's about money, I spend less and less because I see the game get dumbed down more and more but I'm probably in the minority.

Edited by _Signal_, 14 May 2020 - 08:41 PM.

The_Naa #27 Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11459 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_Signal_, on 14 May 2020 - 08:39 PM, said:

Unfortunately given the state of the average player in the game now and always has been what do you think? There seems to be a large contingent of the playerbase that doesn't want to learn or the capacity to and as this is majority of the "paying" members of the game then this is the level the game is designed for.  For the company it's about money, I spend less and less because I see the game get dumbed down more and more but I'm probably in the minority.

i mean if we cant have new maps or same maps with more options on where to go because bad players would suffer because the dont want to learn new things how can this game go anywhere?

well EBR's kinda has shown that bad players will suffer and whine when they need to learn how to lead, aim high enough, learn how fast each Shell flies and because of that we kinda have mess going on here because of that. but i am sure that over time with practise they learn how to deal with them. like they did with Autoloaders, Arty, Defender and IS-3A and once they have we can go ''see you can do it, you learned a new thing'' :)

if we get too protective of bad players we cant even add new tanks into the game beacuse it would mean that players have to learn a new armour model? :ohmy: how much damage it does? :ohmy: how fast it reloads? :ohmy: how fast it is? :ohmy: how much HP it has? :ohmy:

in my opinion we should have new maps and modify the current ones to make them better.

(if you want to quote me about EBR's plz lets do it in the pinned thread. we talk about maps here.)

OofBerry #28 Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22429 battles

Fair enough all the completley inacessable areas of the map like mountiains, although they are nesarcerry otherwsise the map would just be completley open.

But there is literally no reason to complain about an area because its "not meta"

The_Naa #29 Posted 15 May 2020 - 12:25 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11459 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostOofBerry, on 14 May 2020 - 09:57 PM, said:

Fair enough all the completley inacessable areas of the map like mountiains, although they are nesarcerry otherwsise the map would just be completley open.

But there is literally no reason to complain about an area because its "not meta"

Some Mountains in the middle of the maps are fine. But the ones on the side are just waste space. 

And non Meta areas are non Meta, Yes. but does it have to be that way? Cant the non Meta areas be mase atleast into somewhat playable condision? 

Also tagged with Maps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users