Why isn't wargaming fixing these things?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Krempli #1 Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9702 battles
  • [KOBR4] KOBR4

So wargaming has many problems with this game, these are the most idiotic ones in my opinion:

Why are we still playing on the same 20+ maps where more than 50% of them are garbage?
Why do we have an autoloader arty?
Why does tiger 2 stock get matchmaked against chieftain and v268 4?

Why is it allowed to have no light tanks (spotter tanks) on maps such as prokhorovka and malinovka?

Why are heavy tanks allowed to have max view range?

Why do stock tanks still exsist in 2020? 

Why do new players have to use their wallet in order to play the game in a free to play game? 
Why is this game not noob friendly? 
Why does obj 279e have 62% winrate ?

Why is 3 people platooning with obj 279e or chieftain allowed, but two artys isn't? 

Why are clickers able to kill your crew members/do damage to your internal modules if your tank is behind a wall?

These problems are in the game for quite some time now and wargaming doesn't bother fixing them, it's not like these things are so hard to fix or require massive changes ( except maps ) 

I mean, it's like you can't make changes and if they're bad revert them. This doesn't make your company look bad, this is the exact opposite because it shows that you care for your players.

At the start of 2019 you had an article in which you noted "We’re going to improve the vehicles that will be most affected by the rebalancing of “special ammo”. We’ll also focus on vehicles with poor efficiency and overhaul some overpowered tanks to revise their characteristics.", 

"In the near future we want to experiment with new quality mechanics. It's too early to showcase any concept as we’re still working on them and we will continue our efforts during 2019. So just be patient, we are going to lift the veil of secrecy in the future!" AND 

"Premium ammo has always been one of the hottest topics in World of Tanks and over the upcoming year, we’ll make a key revision to the entire mechanic."

I'm not so sure this ever happened wargaming? It's been a year and a half.. You guys need to start working, you need months to push out one update which [edited]up the servers most of the time. 

I didn't want to make it this long but when I opened this 2019 article I went really mad.

THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT US 

Edited by Krempli, 14 May 2020 - 08:29 AM.

_Signal_ #2 Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49398 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostKrempli, on 14 May 2020 - 07:27 AM, said:

So wargaming has many problems with this game, these are the most idiotic ones in my opinion:

Why are we still playing on the same 20+ maps where more than 50% of them are garbage?                                      Been like that since the start, they either don;t have a clue how to make a good map or it's by design to force people into corridors.
Why do we have an autoloader arty?                                                                                                                              Why do we still have arty?
Why does tiger 2 stock get matchmaked against chieftain and v268 4?                                                                        Why not? Fix the tanks not the MM, I quite like +2 mm more credits for me when I'm bottom, more wins for me when I'm top.

Why is it allowed to have no light tanks (spotter tanks) on maps such as prokhorovka and malinovka?                       The two maps that are usually most players favourite...because you can actually get to use a light tank properly on it.

Why are heavy tanks allowed to have max view range?                                                                                                Do the commanders of heavy tanks have much better eyesight than any other commander?

Why do stock tanks still exsist in 2020?                                                                                                                         How on earth are you going to learn how to play a tank if you don;t have to spend any time in it?

Why do new players have to use their wallet in order to play the game in a free to play game?                                   They don't.
Why is this game not noob friendly?                                                                                                                               This is probably the most noob/bad player baised game there is.
Why does obj 279e have 62% winrate ?                                                                                                                        Because it's broken... I think everyknow knows this. BUT it's actually not that hard to kill if you use your brain and look stuff up.

Why is 3 people platooning with obj 279e or chieftain allowed, but two artys isn't?                                                      Tanks fault not the "system" change the tank not the platooning. Plus it arty so nobody cares.

Why are clickers able to kill your crew members/do damage to your internal modules if your tank is behind a wall?   Look up shockwave

Edited by _Signal_, 14 May 2020 - 08:47 AM.

DiSaBor #3 Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22590 battles

1. stock grind is a pain (at least for most tanks)

2. arty is a horrible game design

shikaka9 #4 Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:28 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 78498 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Fixing is boring, like fixing things at home :teethhappy: "Will fixit tomorrow" untill it breaks beyond repair .. then you throw it away and get new one :P 

Slyspy #5 Posted 14 May 2020 - 11:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15327 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKrempli, on 14 May 2020 - 08:27 AM, said:

Why are we still playing on the same 20+ maps where more than 50% of them are garbage?
Why do we have an autoloader arty?
Why does tiger 2 stock get matchmaked against chieftain and v268 4?

Why is it allowed to have no light tanks (spotter tanks) on maps such as prokhorovka and malinovka?

Why are heavy tanks allowed to have max view range?

Why do stock tanks still exsist in 2020? 

Why do new players have to use their wallet in order to play the game in a free to play game? 
Why is this game not noob friendly? 
Why does obj 279e have 62% winrate ?

Why is 3 people platooning with obj 279e or chieftain allowed, but two artys isn't? 

Why are clickers able to kill your crew members/do damage to your internal modules if your tank is behind a wall?

These problems are in the game for quite some time now and wargaming doesn't bother fixing them, it's not like these things are so hard to fix or require massive changes ( except maps ) 

I mean, it's like you can't make changes and if they're bad revert them. This doesn't make your company look bad, this is the exact opposite because it shows that you care for your players.

At the start of 2019 you had an article in which you noted "We’re going to improve the vehicles that will be most affected by the rebalancing of “special ammo”. We’ll also focus on vehicles with poor efficiency and overhaul some overpowered tanks to revise their characteristics.", 

"In the near future we want to experiment with new quality mechanics. It's too early to showcase any concept as we’re still working on them and we will continue our efforts during 2019. So just be patient, we are going to lift the veil of secrecy in the future!" AND 

"Premium ammo has always been one of the hottest topics in World of Tanks and over the upcoming year, we’ll make a key revision to the entire mechanic."

I'm not so sure this ever happened wargaming? It's been a year and a half.. You guys need to start working, you need months to push out one update which [edited]up the servers most of the time. 

I didn't want to make it this long but when I opened this 2019 article I went really mad.

THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT US 

You think that creating new maps that you will like is easy? Lol.

eldrak #6 Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54344 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W
Out of all the issues with the game... these are not the ones I would have listed as top priority.

montag_3 #7 Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8986 battles
  • [C_V] C_V

Lol , I watch before some time one video at youtube for WOT, they proud saying they have 130 maps, that they have balanced game, that arty cant no more one shoot kill anyone, that wheels are optimized for battle... so I cant go sleep now, I have serios nightmares :D 

1. Fixing MM , no its good they said its optimized , why not Tiger I is one of best tanks in WW2 but still in game is broken crap, he dont have chance almost 70% ht tech is stronger than he.

2. Wheels , no its good they are balanced, they same speed have in mull at grass , at snow , at water.. like formula 1 they have 300 kmh speed and invisible shield around 12 mm armor :D

3. Shooting System , RNG - proud at Russian Number Genarator, why not... we decide you play, pay and win... you going shoot tank at side armor? Why not, first shoot ups we miss, hit the ground, second shoot , ups we track him.. third shoot.. oh crapwe are dead why, he have 300 hp we have dmg penetartion  320 we made 299 they still have 1 HP and you cant kill him no [edited]way... i am GOD... hahah

5. ups 4. GOLD AMMO , why not ... you need block damage for mission, take a MAUS you will block all them... LOADING screen.... parking the MAUS, BUM BUM BUM i am dead...wait a second?? already??? wait look shoot report, GOLD GOLD GOLD GOLD GOLD GOLD GOLD.... niceeeeeeee wonderfull.........

5. Maps.... you all the play almost same maps, sometimes 3 times in row same map same side?? Wow , sooo boring... its good we have 130 maps :D Where are that 130 maps?? Hehe 

6. MM, 2 HT, 2 mediums, 2 tds... 3 arty and 10 ebrs... really??? 10 ebrs in one match, ups 20?? its that for gameplay?? its that for playing?? you cant kill one ebr in game so have kill 10 them?? its this begin Formula 1? 

8. 7 I decide not write, so dont get ban, I am already at edge of ban with facts but who cares... they put own heads in sand and dont see problems , they only think at our wallets... not how to improve own game and gameplay , no they 

thinking all the time how to sell new premiums vehicle, which they made OP in first 3 months then later nerf secret and nobody talking about that... 

10. and Finaly this game is over, maybe one year two year, but they already drop at 30k active players, only per weekend you see 100k players... soon it will be less, wait a summer... so they will must put bots ingame wih gold digger ammo :D

Zinomov #8 Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24725 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN
you need to understand that WG is a greedy company that worries about nothing else but profit
they are fully aware of every single issue of the game
and let me tell you that every time an over powered vehicle is introduced
or buffs to an already powerful tank are to be put in place
it is all done on purpose so you can put more cash on the table

pihip #9 Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17342 battles

Despite some (many) of us thinking otherwise, WG is perfectly aware of the issues you're raising, and more.

Why they don't act? Because they couldn't care less about game balance, game health, if the game is fun, and so on - you know, what the majority of their customers care about since this is a product said customers invest time and money into.

They care about maximum profit with minimum effort and in the shortest time possible.

Tanks that a few years ago would've been Tier 15, bond equipment, 5 new reward tanks per month, empty promises like the ones you quoted in the OP - does any of this look like WG is interested in improving QOL for us players? Does it look like WG is interested in keeping their word at all?

And let's not forget the stagnant, toxic meta we have now.

Tier 9-10? Play the good stuff or suffer.

Tier 8? Play the good PREMIUM stuff or suffer.

Tier 7 and below? Who cares, those don't make money.

Krempli #10 Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9702 battles
  • [KOBR4] KOBR4

View PostSlyspy, on 14 May 2020 - 10:42 AM, said:

You think that creating new maps that you will like is easy? Lol.

Elon Musk invented rockets that can safely land from space in few years, but wargaming can't make new maps in 10? Come on bro.. They push 7 updates a year are you kidding me... A company of their size surely can hire pretty competent and talented map designers, let's be real here.

Flicka #11 Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23730 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

Your account is 7 years old. Now, go google what google is, and then google maps in wot and check on the dates they were introduced in game.

But, lets face it, why do any work or thinking before yapping, when this is soooooo much easier, right?

roboslash #12 Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12901 battles
  • [PH2NX] PH2NX

View PostKrempli, on 14 May 2020 - 01:06 PM, said:

Elon Musk invented rockets that can safely land from space in few years, but wargaming can't make new maps in 10? Come on bro.. They push 7 updates a year are you kidding me... A company of their size surely can hire pretty competent and talented map designers, let's be real here.

But that isn't equal to stonks for WG.

Creating new OP premium tanks however...

24doom24 #13 Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9494 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View Postroboslash, on 14 May 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

But that isn't equal to stonks for WG.

Creating new OP premium tanks however...

unless I'm wrong WG haven't actually put out a new OP/broken premium since the EBR 75. They seem to be gravitating towards non premium reward tanks now, they're making loads of those. 

DuncaN_101 #14 Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:49 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57709 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Ask yourself this... Will it make money for WG? If the awnser is no... Then there is your awnser

Krempli #15 Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9702 battles
  • [KOBR4] KOBR4

View PostDuncaN_101, on 14 May 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

Ask yourself this... Will it make money for WG? If the awnser is no... Then there is your awnser

In the long run this is very profitable because they will see their old players comming back to the game and a lot of new ones as well. 

But I'm guessing they predicted the lifetime of this game so they're just trying to milk as much as possible before it dies

Echotun #16 Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24258 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

Why do people keep crying about WG being a company, doing it for the MONEY? Ofc they are, like most businesses. 

If you are looking for charity, you might wanna head over to the Salvation Army instead. 

Slyspy #17 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15327 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Read the whole sentence that I wrote, all the words there were chosen specifically to get a certain meaning across. 

Edited by Slyspy, 14 May 2020 - 03:14 PM.

Nebuched #18 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14767 battles

WG should hire Elon Musk as map designer, but they can't afford him...

Marlekin #19 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:22 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33973 battles
  • [BEUKR] BEUKR
Every bug is sacred

shikaka9 #20 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 78498 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

I was going to fix the game before I got hi,