• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

Gruff_ #41 Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 27454 battles
  • [B-2-K] B-2-K

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 14 May 2020 - 02:00 PM, said:

It's because of the name. I can't believe it. People actually harassing others because of their username.

This is nothing new my perverted pastry puffer!

jamielinney #42 Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2105 battles

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 14 May 2020 - 05:29 PM, said:

Man, this is a pixel tonk forum. I rather discuss tanks, tactics and such things than your 'sensitive' bs.

Yet here you are, in a thread about toxic reactions to online nicknames. Figures you do not get much hate with that sort of nickname. Real tongue-twister. Mind educating us as to what it means? Maybe you would find yourself getting pushed around in battle if you were to explain it to your teammates. Please, go ahead. Prove me wrong.

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 14 May 2020 - 05:28 PM, said:

Godwin's Law raises it's head yet again. Well done!

Thank you! I think it is more like the 'Law' raises its hand yet again.

Anyway, there might a bit of a difference when it comes to literal nazis, buddy. Perhaps it is more fitting when talking about the so-called 'grammar nazis'? Not that you would get to call me that, I prefer to keep my pretty mouth shut, even when there is plenty to go by. Not that I would mind being helpful, but what good would it do to correct a native English speaker mixing up they're/their and it's/its?

Regardless, Mike Godwin himself, if you don't trust my word.

Besides, you may want to elaborate your position. *edited*

View PostGruff_, on 14 May 2020 - 06:50 PM, said:

This is nothing new my perverted pastry puffer!

Sounds naughty. *edited*

Edited by Immensive, 15 May 2020 - 07:37 PM.
Edited for being inappropriate

qpranger #43 Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
Why would I ever want to hide my glorious name "qpranger" in a game of tanks ???

NekoPuffer_PPP #44 Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38269 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postjamielinney, on 14 May 2020 - 09:05 PM, said:

Sounds naughty. *edited*

This is just harassment at this point.

Jin91 #45 Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3192 battles

View PostShacou, on 14 May 2020 - 03:35 PM, said:

I was named "Polish_Boy" once, oh the shitstorm i received that game...

Try having "baby" name twice in row xD

jamielinney #46 Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2105 battles

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 14 May 2020 - 10:08 PM, said:

This is just harassment at this point.

Merely praising puff pastry and the home of apple pie  It is in your 'moniker' after all.

Itsumi_Erika_ #47 Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41013 battles

I tried anonymizer few times and I was from Sweden, Norway, France, .. and Poland. It wasnt some massive editstorm that can sometimes happen, but I got called something something bot, when I was driving my Maus as anonymized polish. 

People harassing others because of their nationality is nothing new in this/online games. I, as one of those who are brave enough to go to general chat, often see well known hate for eastern european nations + I guess Turkey is one of the more hated nations. Its funny tho, as you have 48 % players blaming CZ/SK/PL for loosing, give PL their own server, ... 

Before I started using default english client and was using CZ client, XVM bots another 48 % experts sometimes - wound not say harassed, but .. dunno - 

one example for all: I refused to go alone on heavy flank once with my heavy, everyone formed lemming train, down on the road on cliffs = doing nothing all game. This one edited EDIT edit edit, with his edited friend in platoon, started calling me like - what do you expect, its CZ bot edit edit. Both of them were editty players, but just to point that Ethnic hatred is real in WoT. Ofc its in more online games, but I dont recall that I saw it ever in WoW, one of the most played MMOs, and I played it for years. 

Maybe WoT community is just more speshul.

Frostilicus #48 Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:46 AM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 25297 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

I was getting all kinds of abuse in a game last week - couple of guys calling me "gipsy" (sp) and all kinds of nasty words after that, then I realised anonimzer had given me a name "Roma_243" or some such...

Think I'll turn off anonimizer now :)

_Signal_ #49 Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51238 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
Idiotic people being mean on the internet .. shocking.

Edited by _Signal_, 15 May 2020 - 08:02 AM.

Jin91 #50 Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3192 battles

View Postsmokeytheband1t, on 14 May 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

upgrade your reading skills

the anon tool .. generated a name that was actually an offensive slur in a foreign language.

Who cares? Where are the times when people just said "fak you!" or something similar instead of getting offended. I think governments and companies hand hold people too much and the people lose their spines and won't defend themselves anymore because they can rely the company to do it for them

BravelyRanAway #51 Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 26330 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostJin91, on 15 May 2020 - 12:22 PM, said:

Who cares? Where are the times when people just said "fak you!" or something similar instead of getting offended. I think governments and companies hand hold people too much and the people lose their spines and won't defend themselves anymore because they can rely the company to do it for them

You are assuming all players are adults, which they are not.

Most societies/countries have accepted and unaccepted forms of behavior. Due to this, if a company wishes to operate at a broad age category they have certain responsibilities to ensure they reach some form of acceptable standard in the countries in which they operate. There is no need for a companies employee numbers and profits to be determined by someones need to have a potty mouth.

NekoPuffer_PPP #52 Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:47 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38269 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 15 May 2020 - 01:32 PM, said:

Most societies/countries have accepted and unaccepted forms of behavior. Due to this, if a company wishes to operate at a broad age category they have certain responsibilities to ensure they reach some form of acceptable standard in the countries in which they operate. There is no need for a companies employee numbers and profits to be determined by someones need to have a potty mouth.

Kids should not play online games.

I started playing when I was 15, and now look at me. I'm a weeb who sits at his computer all day arguing with muppets in-game and on the forum. I don't go out (much), I don't exercise, I don't eat healthy. I'm only 22 but I feel like triple that.

Take a hint. I'm a wreck.

LethalWalou #53 Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36564 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 15 May 2020 - 12:32 PM, said:

The thing is that being adult or not doesn't matter. I guarantee that every one of these people who say ''who cares'' to toxicity and malicious behaviour have at least one (most likely more) activity they enjoy doing and they wouldn't want to be ruined for them. Online games for some are that activity. I went to fishing couple days ago, I would have been pissed if someone came there to insult me and throw rocks in the water to scare the fish away. But I guess since I'm an adult, I should just say ''who cares'' and just take it. There's a load of hypocrisy and pretending in this thread.

BravelyRanAway #54 Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 26330 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 15 May 2020 - 12:47 PM, said:

I started playing when I was 15, and now look at me. I'm a weeb who sits at his computer all day arguing with muppets in-game and on the forum. I don't go out (much), I don't exercise, I don't eat healthy. I'm only 22 but I feel like triple that.

What you think about what kids should and shouldn't do, has no bearing on the reality of the actually situation.

If you know what your problems are, then it's up to you to change your life, you cannot forever blame your past for your present when you know what the cause was/is....to do so is just an excuse to continue as normal.

Cobra6 #55 Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16625 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Well, let's ignore the person being donkeys-behind for a moment and ask ourselves, what was the trigger in the gameplay experience that set this behaviour off?

What, when playing the game over a longer period of time engrained such a notion in their head that they automatically revert to insults?

Very few people genuinely start hurling (racial) abuse out of the blue without a trigger and that is usually an actual medical condition.

Something within the gameplay experience sets this off, there just is too much of it going on.

Could it be that personal rewards depend too much on (bad) teams and thus some part of the player community starts to associate lack of rewards with certain demographics of players they see a lot of?

Just a more philosophical approach to the issue, something to think about.

Cobra 6

anonym_tQMX6yoqYf0H #56 Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 15 May 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

first of all, blaming games for kids problems is wrong. It's parents fault. And societies. Obsessive gaming is just a symptom.

Secondly, saying that kids should not play games, online or offline is just retarded.

Echotun #57 Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24912 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 14 May 2020 - 03:11 PM, said:

I got harassed because of it. Pushed out of a bush. You didn't even read my post, I suggest you go back to school, but I guess that's pointless because you probably wouldn't pay attention there either.

0/10 nice attempt. Same suggestion as above.

Why must every thread devolve into a cess pit?...mods please

I have a very hard time believing you got pushed because of your username. Sounds more like you got pushed because of reasons [tm], and he then threw a racial slur after you just because well again, reasons. Braindead monkeys dont really need a good reason. 

Changing usernames into something clearly white and western might not help, since there are tons of people out there that hate that group as well :D

13:46 Added after 4 minute

View PostLethalWalou, on 15 May 2020 - 01:59 PM, said:

The thing is that being adult or not doesn't matter. I guarantee that every one of these people who say ''who cares'' to toxicity and malicious behaviour have at least one (most likely more) activity they enjoy doing and they wouldn't want to be ruined for them. Online games for some are that activity. I went to fishing couple days ago, I would have been pissed if someone came there to insult me and throw rocks in the water to scare the fish away. But I guess since I'm an adult, I should just say ''who cares'' and just take it. There's a load of hypocrisy and pretending in this thread.

that would be a better comparison if it was possible for you to move 2 meters to the left and continue as if that guy and his actions never occurred. 

Its very unlikely to meet the same player more than once. 

BravelyRanAway #58 Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 26330 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostEchotun, on 15 May 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

that would be a better comparison if it was possible for you to move 2 meters to the left and continue as if that guy and his actions never occurred. 

Perhaps when he goes fishing he meets peoples avatars as they hide behind their anonymity....oh wait!

Echotun #59 Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24912 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 15 May 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

Perhaps when he goes fishing he meets peoples avatars as they hide behind their anonymity....oh wait!

My point was, its not like a random player can follow someone around over several games to harrass them. 

Itsumi_Erika_ #60 Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41013 battles

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 15 May 2020 - 12:47 PM, said:

Welcome to the club. :medal:

Also tagged with Anonymizer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users