Why am I always on the loosing team?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Datankmaster_2017 #1 Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 996 battles
I'm a relativity new player to woT- just under 1000 battles and I would say I'm not bad i have a WN8 of 865, (I don't know what the average WN8  is for a new player is) of course make silly mistakes but I'm still learning. but I'm just not having fun, every game my team always dies and i don't understand why, I'm playing well put my team always gets melted in the first 2 minuets and boom- were 5 tanks down and loose, and every game that should be a win the other team will just cap and win ( I'm not saying its always my teams fault, i make stupid mistakes, I'm a new player) hence all of this i have a 47.1% WR. ( i also dont know if this is good for under 1k battles) I Obviously understand that I cant win every game but its frustrating and thought a more experienced player could tell me some information.(the past few days I have had a 39% WR.)  At the end of this i don't understand why I am always on the loosing teams and my team gets melted 

Thanks.

!!EDIT!! 
i see what you all mean, i guess I'm not loosing all the time and only 53% 
looking at other forums and this has made me realise, you can be the best player in the world, but have a terrible WR because your always on teams with donkeys, and the trouble is, people only care about WR, not other information, which is annoying for people like me.
Thank you all for the help :)

Edited by Datankmaster_2017, 15 May 2020 - 06:58 AM.

Private_Miros #2 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28904 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

Don't care about winning or losing. You can be the best player and you will still lose often. That's the nature of the game. Over many battles, the better you play, the more you win. But there will be always sessions where you lose a lot (currently 6/20 for me today).

Focus on doing the best you can, even in bad teams. Certainly those first 3k games are a learning curve. You are doing well if you started your account without prior experience. It will only get better, certainly once you get good crews and money for equipment.

Settle on tanks you like. Top tier isn't any better in terms of gameplay or relative strength of the tanks. You should grind all tiers, to experience, but know that the true end game is an outfitted tank with good crew that clicks with you in any tier.

Uh_Oh_ #3 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3696 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I think the last week or 2 has taught me to just play as well as I can and just ignore whether your team wins or not. It is annoying to not get bonus XP/money from winning but so long as you do well in the game still it is still worthwhile. Teams are just all over the place at the moment

Killer711 #4 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I get you pal. I probably don't qualify as experienced but I hope I can give some helpful advice. First of its unfortunate you discovered the WR counter so soon, I feel like anyones enjoyment of the game dips as soon as they discover the number that tells them they're not as good as they would like, at least for me it did. Honestly it might be good to try and forget it exists, which is easier said than done. You are new to the game and 700 games isn't all that much, and so its natural for those numbers to fluctuate a bit, don't be discouraged! 

I'm sure that better players than me can give some gameplay advice, but a good mental attitude is just as important. Try to accept losses as you'd accept a rainy day, it happens. It happens to everyone. Naturally there'll be periods where everything seems unwinnable and the game sucks. I think its safe to say if you dont feel like that at least once a week then something is wrong ;) 

Try focus on your own performance as well, sure your team got outcapped, but you may have gotten a few kills, maybe you were top on damage? Really focus on every positive you can, whether it was a crazy snapshot or that bounce that saved your life, so that when a game goes sour you can look to the next one. 

Overtime you'll see yourself and your WR improve.

Datankmaster_2017 #5 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 996 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 14 May 2020 - 03:12 PM, said:

Don't care about winning or losing. You can be the best player and you will still lose often. That's the nature of the game. Over many battles, the better you play, the more you win. But there will be always sessions where you lose a lot (currently 6/20 for me today).

Focus on doing the best you can, even in bad teams. Certainly those first 3k games are a learning curve. You are doing well if you started your account without prior experience. It will only get better, certainly once you get good crews and money for equipment.

Settle on tanks you like. Top tier isn't any better in terms of gameplay or relative strength of the tanks. You should grind all tiers, to experience, but know that the true end game is an outfitted tank with good crew that clicks with you in any tier.

Thanks you for the information considering your stats and games played. At how may games should i really see my WR start to improve? Its just very frustrating, loosing and getting 100-300 Xp for a game, also the tank I'm trying to enjoy (and I am) My IS-2 II 2 days ago i had a 1500 WN8 in it and 52% WR in it, in two days that has dropped to about 600WN8 and 43% wins. I know you said i should not focus on this but when you have players using XVM saying "don't bother he is a bad player" all i can think about is my WR needing to improve to not get hate. 

14:28 Added after 5 minute

View PostKiller711, on 14 May 2020 - 03:23 PM, said:

I get you pal. I probably don't qualify as experienced but I hope I can give some helpful advice. First of its unfortunate you discovered the WR counter so soon, I feel like anyones enjoyment of the game dips as soon as they discover the number that tells them they're not as good as they would like, at least for me it did. Honestly it might be good to try and forget it exists, which is easier said than done. You are new to the game and 700 games isn't all that much, and so its natural for those numbers to fluctuate a bit, don't be discouraged! 

I'm sure that better players than me can give some gameplay advice, but a good mental attitude is just as important. Try to accept losses as you'd accept a rainy day, it happens. It happens to everyone. Naturally there'll be periods where everything seems unwinnable and the game sucks. I think its safe to say if you dont feel like that at least once a week then something is wrong ;) 

Try focus on your own performance as well, sure your team got outcapped, but you may have gotten a few kills, maybe you were top on damage? Really focus on every positive you can, whether it was a crazy snapshot or that bounce that saved your life, so that when a game goes sour you can look to the next one. 

Overtime you'll see yourself and your WR improve.

Thank you for the mental help this time ( i think my damage is ok for low teirs) and its nice to see that I'm doing that at my current stage of knowledge. but it all gets thrown out of the window when i see that we loose. I will certainly at least try to forget my WR and focus up more on how am i playing. 

Private_Miros #6 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28904 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostDatankmaster_2017, on 14 May 2020 - 02:23 PM, said:

Thanks you for the information considering your stats and games played. At how may games should i really see my WR start to improve? Its just very frustrating, loosing and getting 100-300 Xp for a game, also the tank I'm trying to enjoy (and I am) My IS-2 II 2 days ago i had a 1500 WN8 in it and 52% WR in it, in two days that has dropped to about 600WN8 and 43% wins. I know you said i should not focus on this but when you have players using XVM saying "don't bother he is a bad player" all i can think about is my WR needing to improve to not get hate. 

When your performance improves, that depends on how fast you learn. Know that small sample sizes can be really good or really bad, everyone can have 10 good or 10 bad battles. But with 100 luck starts to fizzle out.

Just focus on learning from your mistakes. Why did I die? Did I over expose? Was taking 4 hits to deal 1 hit myself worth it? Why am I not shooting anyone, should I have repositioned already? Could I have seen earlier on the minimap that my team was collapsing and should have gone back to base or in a good defensive position earlier?

Those are the questions you should ask.

As for what people say.... People talk. Those that are good should see that you are a beginner and have a valid excuse to not be good yet. Those that aren't good would rage at a good player not doing what they like as well.

krismorgan #7 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38739 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

Play one game-its a joke-quit.

Used to be 3 games but now i just dont give a fig-this game just pi55es me off most days so i just log in for my 100 rewards game then go.

Datankmaster_2017 #8 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 996 battles

View Postkrismorgan, on 14 May 2020 - 03:30 PM, said:

Play one game-its a joke-quit.

Used to be 3 games but now i just dont give a fig-this game just pi55es me off most days so i just log in for my 100 rewards game then go.

I love woT and it fascinates me I really want to play for a while and have fun, I dont want to throw woT out the window this early.

14:36 Added after 2 minute

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 14 May 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

When your performance improves, that depends on how fast you learn. Know that small sample sizes can be really good or really bad, everyone can have 10 good or 10 bad battles. But with 100 luck starts to fizzle out.

Just focus on learning from your mistakes. Why did I die? Did I over expose? Was taking 4 hits to deal 1 hit myself worth it? Why am I not shooting anyone, should I have repositioned already? Could I have seen earlier on the minimap that my team was collapsing and should have gone back to base or in a good defensive position earlier?

As for what people say.... People talk. Those that are good should see that you are a beginner and have a valid excuse to not be good yet. Those that aren't good would rage at a good player not doing what they like as well.

Certainly, what I'm doing now is pushing up, then get wrecked by unspotted TDs ( or any tank) 

wsatnutter #9 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27425 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

only advice I can give is

1. toon with some experienced players using comms its a much more enjoyable experience

2. use the forumites channel in garage there you will find such players the password is play4fun

3. do not use XVM

4. most important if you aint having fun on a particular session log out and play something else never chase the win

good luck m8

P.S always always always  use your mini map its your best friend

Edited by wsatnutter, 14 May 2020 - 03:45 PM.

Killer711 #10 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 14 May 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

I like this, I feel this is important. 

If you oversimplify this game to its bare essentials, removing all rng and strategy and whatnot, ultimately it boils down to two teams, both with a certain number of hitpoints. The successful team is the one which removes hitpoints faster than it can lose them (a major simplification, number of guns play a part, ie 15 tanks that are oneshots are far more dangerous than one tank on full health) Unfortunately you are only a fifteenth of this and are heavily reliant on 14 other people, why it is impossible to sit on 100% WR. 

Try and chip away at their hp, and minimise losing your own, that's all you can really do... That's not to say camp at the back, mind you! 

View PostDatankmaster_2017, on 14 May 2020 - 02:33 PM, said:

I love woT and it fascinates me I really want to play for a while and have fun, I dont want to throw woT out the window this early.

Don't!

Edited by Killer711, 14 May 2020 - 03:48 PM.

krismorgan #11 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38739 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

View PostDatankmaster_2017, on 14 May 2020 - 02:33 PM, said:

14:36 Added after 2 minute

Certainly, what I'm doing now is pushing up, then get wrecked by unspotted TDs ( or any tank) 

The things is i loved this game from when i started but it just seems to get worse with each patch-maybe its just me?

Datankmaster_2017 #12 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 996 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 14 May 2020 - 03:43 PM, said:

only advice I can give is

1. toon with some experienced players using comms its a much more enjoyable experience

2. use the forumites channel in garage there you will find such players the password is play4fun

3. do not use XVM

4. most important if you aint having fun on a particular session log out and play something else never chase the win

good luck m8

I am certainly trying to look for a toon mate and clan, but with my WR not a lot of players will not play with me.

I would never use XVM, just makes the game focusing on people.

I will try out the forumies channel ( where do i find it?) 

The last days i have only played about 10-15 games a day because its getting relentless

The trouble is I personally know one person who plays and he is in the same situation as me.

Thanks for the advice man. 

Edited by Datankmaster_2017, 14 May 2020 - 03:50 PM.

saxsan4 #13 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:51 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23586 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--
Platoon with friends it helps massively, if you want you can join my clan and we can play with you 

wsatnutter #14 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27425 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDatankmaster_2017, on 14 May 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

I am certainly trying to look for a toon mate and clan, but with my WR not a lot of players will not play with me.

I would never use XVM, just makes the game focusing on people.

I will try out the forumies channel ( where do i find it?)

The last days i have only played about 10-15 games a day because its getting relentless

The trouble is I personally know one person who plays and he is in the same situation as me.

Thanks for the advice man.

when you are in garage click on the channel button and not general chat and type in forumites in the search bar

then it will pop up also if you can draw a fish apply for the dingers they are a good bunch of players

let us know how you get on

Datankmaster_2017 #15 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 996 battles

View Postsaxsan4, on 14 May 2020 - 03:51 PM, said:

Platoon with friends it helps massively, if you want you can join my clan and we can play with you 

I'm totally up for that, just someone with a decent knowledge and WR to help me improve! 

DeBanus #16 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30297 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

Since there are so many variable factors in World of Tanks (MM, Maps, Tank type layout, RNG on your shot, RNG on your penn, RNG on your damage, visa versa on the enemy tanks, etc...) 

Thus, the amount of influence of a player (unicum or tomato) is so significantly low that "Winning/Losing" games is mostly depenend on LUCK then SKILL.

So don't bother about your winrate, I would say.

Edited by DeBanus, 14 May 2020 - 03:56 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36972 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

You have a 47% WR so no, you're not always on the losing team and 47% is around about the server average. Slightly below, but then you're a new player as you say so that's to be expected at the moment. The good news of course is that with a small battle count it makes it very easy to shift that percentage up, or down for that matter.

What you need to remember is that you can only ever expect to win 50% of your battles anyway, excluding draws. Any other factors, balance of skilled players on one team or the other, balance of OP tanks on one team or the other, etc. all over time cancel each other out and the only consistent factor in every game is you so your WR above, above or below that 50%, is directly down to your contribution.

As 1/15th of your team you should be aiming to do at a minimum 1/15th of the damage to the enemy team. Teams get balance by tanks so the simplest way to do that is aim to do more than your own hitpoints worth. That doesn't have to be directly shooting them yourself, spotting counts too. If you do more than your own hitpoints, you make it easier for your team to win. If you do less, you force your team to do more to carry you.

When you lose a game ask yourself what you did wrong, not what your team did wrong. A lot of people like to blame their team and it's true that a good portion of the time your team are largely at fault, but that doesn't mean that everything you did was correct either. Why did you die? Did you stay when you should have retreated? Was there more opportunity to put a few more shots in? What could you have done better?

Just as an example, you mentioned you keep pushing up and getting slapped by hidden TDs. Fine, so why are you continuing to do it then?

Kingfish__ #18 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8184 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Last night I played the worst I've played in years perhaps (too many beers perhaps). Two games in a row I got 0 damage in my Object 277 (albeit it with some mighty bad luck), but my team won both games. A few days back I had a great night in my Object 430U, average damage over 15 games was 3600, but my winrate was less than 40%... go figure. So over the last few days, I keep winning when I play terribly, and losing when I play really well. That's just the way it goes sometimes, but as others have said, the law of averages dictates that over time, if you keep doing well — your winrate will improve over time.

I played a few low tier games to test out the Sexton I, and they were laughable — roflstomps that were dominated by one team or the other. Not sure what tiers you're playing, but as a beginner perhaps try getting to/focusing on tiers 5 and 6 — where more people will know what they're doing (in theory), and so in turn if you play well it will make more of a difference.

In the meantime, try not to worry about winrate, but instead focus on always playing well despite how your team is doing — and the numbers will come.

Captain_Kremen0 #19 Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:00 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40209 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

Amongst other things I'm guessing your crews are quite weak. Going into tier 6 plus with unskilled crew is holding you back. This will increase your low survival rate thereby helping the team. Dead tanks don't kill enemies. I

saxsan4 #20 Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:04 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23586 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostDatankmaster_2017, on 14 May 2020 - 02:53 PM, said:

I'm totally up for that, just someone with a decent knowledge and WR to help me improve! 

Hello,

Apply to my clan Waterloo Road, I will accept you, I am not coming online till I finish some more of my uni essay buts in the clan chat and there will be people to platoon. Ill help later as well when im online 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users