• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

undutchable80 #1 Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14833 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hiya tankers,

I used orders to skip HT-15 for the T55A, since I considered those missions my skill cap level. I have 1 more Union mission to complete and then I reach Union-15. Since they are almost the same requirement-wise (10k vs 12k) and with the Act 2 Anniversary blocking missions coming up, I figured I play some Russky HTs and block some damage whilst having both those missions active next week . Who knows, I may get lucky.

However, I wonder if its doable given the tier 8+ Union tanks I own:

Defender

IS-3

KV-4

Obj.257

IS-2-II

WZ-111111-14

WZ-5A

I also have the IS-M, T-10 and ST-I unlocked but not yet bought. 

Which tank(s) do you think has the best chance of doing both these -15 missions? Or should I continue to grind to Tier X since those tanks are more suitable?

Any tips?:honoring:

Thanks in advance. 

Dutch

Edit: 

T-55A HT-15 Mission requirements: 

Primary: Cause, receive, block 12k+ dmg

Secondary; cause more than 25% team total dmg

Union-15

Primary: Cause, receive, block 10k+ dmg

Secondary; cause more than 20% team total dmg

In USSR/Chinese tanks

EDIT 2:

So....this just happened: 

WoT_HT15 for T55A.jpg

Completed HT-15 for T-55A and Alliance -15 for Chimera. Both with honours. :amazed:

Game crashed as I went back to garage so the screenshot is from the replay site. Replay or it didn't happen: http://wotreplays.eu...e/5388586#stats

EDIT: And yes, full gold loadout for this mission. :justwait:

Edited by undutchable80, 18 May 2020 - 03:27 PM.

tank276 #2 Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 56279 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Hey Dutch.

WZ-5A and Obj 257 are good candidates for me from the above list.

shikaka9 #3 Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 78403 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
maybe 257 . others are papers

norbar #4 Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4920 battles
11115A - for dmg. Or wait for kv4 buff and the new armor will bounce a bit

arthurwellsley #5 Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55915 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

HT-15 can be done in almost any of the tanks that you have on your list, but requires the stars and moon to align. So (a.) preferably no SPG in the match, (b.) you are top of the match maker, and it is not all tier VIII, (c.) the map is fairly open. Immediately drive into the open field, get spotted at distance, all the enemy will open up on you at maximum range and like as not you will be half way to mission completion in the first two minutes of the battle. The tier IXs are best for this approach.

Union 15 I personally found easier to do in the SU-100M1 at tier VII than in any heavy tank. That thing is a mini-Bobject. For the tier the armour is super bouncy and it has relatively low hit points so Union 15 comes very quickly after just a few battles.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36967 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
257, wait for a tier 7 game then drive like an absolute donkey. 

RaxipIx #7 Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36307 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

I did all the HT-15 missions in my ST-I. Malinovka field when no arties, go to windows angle up. And shoot in  the air, or at targets if you have them so you get lit up. 

I think of all the tanks you mentioned the ST-I is the only tank that can do it  with some degree of reliability,

snowlywhite #8 Posted 15 May 2020 - 06:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30763 battles

st-1 - did it about 4-5 times already in, currently, 410 battles.

Without donkey play or anything. Mid in lakeville or malinovka as top tier or stuff like that. Just straight playing the game. Ok, the 1st 3-4 times I did it, I didn't have the mission unlocked; so no reason for donkey play. But even when I reached it, didn't bother.

obviously, all times I did it was top tier. Though think once I did it in +1MM, not +2. Otoh, I really like the tank. Ok, as much as I can like a heavy tank...

I've picked the line especially for it. I've picked it specifically for missions. And while gun is the usual soviet potato launcher(actually, even worse), armor is really reliable if you know what you're doing. It's not the usual soviet profile that leaks no matter what you do.

yes, cupola is kinda generous, but otherwise you can play hull down for once with a soviet tank. As you actually have the gun depression. Armor is nigh on impenetrable by t7 from any direction with some angling.

p.s. - be aware the stock grind is rough. You'd better have is-3(?) top gun unlocked. But even with it, stock the tank is a piece of art. Old school grind; heck, the whole thing is very old school. 1st turret doesn't really hold, is-3 gun isn't stellar in t9, you won't have even the modicum of mobility you get later on, etc.

Edited by snowlywhite, 15 May 2020 - 06:43 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #9 Posted 15 May 2020 - 06:45 PM

Major

• Player
  • 63331 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
At tier X it's obviously easier (ht-15). I suggest the ST-1 or WZ-5A. I used ST-1 for my HT-12 missions, so it has proven that it can bounce some shots. Go for a lotof blocking it mm allows you. Don't try it on open maps with arta. WZ-5A is focused much more on damage dealing, but it can also bounce something. Turret is bouncy, especially if you keep moving.

For Union-15 I suggest KV-4. I literally got the 2 required aces in the first 2 KV-4 attempts I did. :)

aps1 #10 Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30155 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

View Postarthurwellsley, on 15 May 2020 - 03:19 PM, said:

HT-15 can be done in almost any of the tanks that you have on your list, but requires the stars and moon to align. So (a.) preferably no SPG in the match, (b.) you are top of the match maker, and it is not all tier VIII, (c.) the map is fairly open. Immediately drive into the open field, get spotted at distance, all the enemy will open up on you at maximum range and like as not you will be half way to mission completion in the first two minutes of the battle. The tier IXs are best for this approach.

Union 15 I personally found easier to do in the SU-100M1 at tier VII than in any heavy tank. That thing is a mini-Bobject. For the tier the armour is super bouncy and it has relatively low hit points so Union 15 comes very quickly after just a few battles.

this.

but given the high explosive spam at the moment you may need to wait for the nerf. 

xtrem3x #11 Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:14 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 37120 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

Why is it that every thread somebody creates to ask for advice on a mission they don't post the mission requirements? It's the key piece of information people need to give advice on the subject... I guarantee there would be at least two or three times the amount of replies if the information was provided. A lot of people got the T-55A years ago and not given the missions any thought since then. How can they help you if they can't remember the details? They cant, they'll read the thread and move on like I usually do :child:

As it's a block mission with an unknown amount that needs to be blocked (can't remember how much because it's been a long time etc), just take out your 257, get in a tier 7 game, park sideways in front of the enemy tanks and go get yourself a beer. When you get back to the computer you'll have done the mission (unless they have arty and you sat in a dumb place) :arta:

UrQuan #12 Posted 16 May 2020 - 07:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22389 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

From personal experience, the KV-4, Object 257 & ST-I can surely do it. they are all 3 relative good bouncers.

fwhattpiraat also gives some good pointers on what to look out to increase your mission success; Paying attention to match & team lineups & acting accordingly helps greatly with such missions (and just having fun matches in general with armored tanks). For the ace requirement, KV-4 is indeed great as it is often played terribly, so its ace requirement is pretty low. Object 257 & ST-I got higher ace requirements.

_AiSaatana #13 Posted 16 May 2020 - 08:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34645 battles

257. You want to have preferably citymap but basically anything goes If there arent donkeys spamming HE at you (arty, derpguns, etc) and you need to watch out opponents without large +150mm guns because those overmatch.

Then find suitable corner at The frontlines, optimal situation is that you have large force behind you that Enemy hesitates to push, but your team is so incompetent that It doesnt mamage to kill The Enemy.

Next go to tanks.gg, learn what is The stupidest amount of overangling on reverse sidescrape you can do and go Make that on your forward position. Never show your front of The tank, always Be sideways or on reverse sidescrape position to Enemy.

Once you Master it, huge (+10k) amounts of blocking can Be done If The Enemy team is stupid enough to shoot your autoricochet sides.

WhoCares01 #14 Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29602 battles

Another question is whether you need the honours to get the order as well. That significantly increases the difficulty, as apart from 12k damage+block+receive, for honours HT.15 also needs you to score 25% of the damage of your team, thus blocking alone is not enough.

For Union.15, 10k damage+block+receive it's "just" 20% of your teams damage for honours => like a high caliber medal.

I seem to remember that I did both in different battles with Obj. 705A, HT.15 without honours, Union.15 with honours thanks to my team capping instead of killing the last two enemies :D

Edited by WhoCares01, 16 May 2020 - 09:02 AM.

Dava_117 #15 Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• 24256 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I would point in ST-1 and KV-4 too.

I did HT-15 for T-55A with KV-4, sadly the gun didn't behave well in end battle, so no honours... :( 

But 8.8k blocked was epic. :)

About the aces, as UrQuan said KV-4 (and ST-1 I would add) are usually badly played, so aces are easier than on more meta tanks.

Edited by Dava_117, 16 May 2020 - 11:45 AM.

Makotti #16 Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17176 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I shamelessly loan the topic and ask for advice to the T55A HT-15 with honors. Back in days when I was doing it best heavy for the mission I got was KV-4, it was rather hard to achieve so went it with orders. Now I'm closing in on obj260 and have next to none HT missions done so pondered would it be easier to try T55A with honors or just grind myself thru HT missions even if I'm quite bad HT player :P Thanks to blueprints I have following HT's at my garage currently (TIX & TX, guess no point to even try on lower tiers):

E75

Maus

T-10

ST-I

IS-4

Got enough blueprints left to get following if needed:

Obj 257 (also enough to get IS7 if grinding some free exp too)

Obj 277

M103

Conq

Like above person said it with honors it needs 25% team's damage done so guess that rules the superheavies out from calculations.

HighRoIIer #17 Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 46158 battles
257 top tier … nowadays is7 is paper tier 10 battles sux big time  …. second choice defender top tier ….

Dava_117 #18 Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• 24256 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMakotti, on 16 May 2020 - 11:46 AM, said:

I shamelessly loan the topic and ask for advice to the T55A HT-15 with honors. Back in days when I was doing it best heavy for the mission I got was KV-4, it was rather hard to achieve so went it with orders. Now I'm closing in on obj260 and have next to none HT missions done so pondered would it be easier to try T55A with honors or just grind myself thru HT missions even if I'm quite bad HT player :P Thanks to blueprints I have following HT's at my garage currently (TIX & TX, guess no point to even try on lower tiers):

E75

Maus

T-10

ST-I

IS-4

Got enough blueprints left to get following if needed:

Obj 257 (also enough to get IS7 if grinding some free exp too)

Obj 277

M103

Conq

Like above person said it with honors it needs 25% team's damage done so guess that rules the superheavies out from calculations.

I would go for ST-1 or Maus.

E75 is nice, but require a good HT driver to behave well. 

IS-4 lack the firepower to get the honours and the other tanks are too paperish to properly bounce. Maybe IS-7, but just because is a bit stronger frontally.

RaxipIx #19 Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36307 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

As i mention in an other topic. If you have the basics of angling and hull down, the most reliable tank for me to do this missions was the ST-I.

Nice alpha,  bad gun handling true. Sturdy turret, even for gold if angled a bit. Gold ammo from tier X tank destroyers can bounce.

But the thing, and the most important tip i can give. Focus on targets that can pen you, damage those, even kill those. But not the rest.

The mission is counter intuitive since the better you get, the least you want to be a target and get shot at.  The more wins you want, the faster you do dmg and kill enemy tanks the better. But not for this mission.

Makotti every single tank you listed can do HT-15 for T55a. Look at non arty games,   that's most important. I usually  tend to have high bounce games on ruinberg, depending on spawn, paris, depending on spawn. Malinovka,  in the windows , cliff  , even on mines depending where you go.

My only problem with the Maus it's pretty slow,   to get in fast to block, and then mop up the late damage needed for it it's hard. ST-I is an old school tank that has nice armor, and a very nice turret, and it's pretty fast compared to the overall armor it has+ gun.

Don't forget , in tier X and 9 tanks, damage taken counts too( and they have high HP pool), also damage done+dmg blocked. Be on the front line, bait shots, ignore people who can't pen you,damage the ones who are a threat.

Best of luck

Edited by RaxipIx, 16 May 2020 - 12:04 PM.

splash_time #20 Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16487 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

257, WZ5A. easy for both missions, and focus on dealing damage more than blocking, because it's just more reliable than waiting and praying for a donkey to shoot you and miss...i wouldn't say don't try to block the damage, but dealing it is just easier than blocking it in WoT. 

and GL Dutch. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users